PDA

View Full Version : Is Cutler like Favre in less desirable ways?

Patler
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
A Denver TV station blog site originally posted that Bronco management had concerns about Cutler's drinking habits and that he wasn't very sharp. The posting was taken down, and is now replaced with a modified version:

Two things that kept coming up were concerns about Cutler's alcohol consumption (given his diabetes) and "that's he not that (football) sharp."

"That scared the crap out of McDaniels,” the source told me.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Source-Secrets-Inside-Cutler-Trade-Talks/blog/220410/96399.html

Favre's drinking in his early years are well-discussed. Those old enough to remember vividly his early years under Holmgren may recall not infrequent rumors about his possible inability to grasp the complex offense. Those were obviously proven false, but it makes for an interesting comparison between early favre and early Cutler.

Fact or rumor? We can only guess.

sheepshead
04-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, except nobody (in Wisconsin)gave up on Favre. This still goes back to one of the NFL's better organizations willing to trade a guy with those kind of numbers. Something is under the surface here I think.

Patler
04-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, except nobody (in Wisconsin)gave up on Favre. This still goes back to one of the NFL's better organizations willing to trade a guy with those kind of numbers. Something is under the surface here I think.

I suppose you could say Atlanta gave up on Favre, to the extent they never even gave him a chance; but you are right, the Packers weathered all the growing pains with Favre, and there were plenty. (Edit note: Sorry, I originally overlooked your "in Wisconsin" caveat when I wrote this.)

I agree with you. There is something really strange about Denver's handling of the Cutler situation. Clearly they did not value him as highly as others. Teams just don't usually give up on a 25 year old pro-bowl QB, unless they have two young QBs and the time has come to pick one. That clearly was not the Denver situation.

Five years from now, looking back on this, it is likely that Denver will be viewed as either really wise or really dumb for what they did.

rbaloha1
04-05-2009, 01:22 PM
There are similarities.

1. same agent
2. throws of back foot
3. gun slinger mentaility
4. played collegiate ball in the south

Still like Cutler and fear the success he may have with Bears.

Iron Mike
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
A Denver TV station blog site originally posted that Bronco management had concerns about Cutler's drinking habits and that he wasn't very sharp. The posting was taken down, and is now replaced with a modified version:

Two things that kept coming up were concerns about Cutler's alcohol consumption (given his diabetes) and "that's he not that (football) sharp."

"That scared the crap out of McDaniels,” the source told me.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Source-Secrets-Inside-Cutler-Trade-Talks/blog/220410/96399.html

Favre's drinking in his early years are well-discussed. Those old enough to remember vividly his early years under Holmgren may recall not infrequent rumors about his possible inability to grasp the complex offense. Those were obviously proven false, but it makes for an interesting comparison between early favre and early Cutler.

Fact or rumor? We can only guess.

Well, he DOES have a page on drunkathlete.com:

http://drunkathlete.com/2009/03/04/jay-cutler-partying/

gbpackfan
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Cutler is exactly like Favre......without the awards, records, division titles, playoff wins, superbowl championship, and wrangler endorsements!

Fritz
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
This reference to drinking may be - may be - what this JSO Packer Blog reference by (I think) Greg Bedard was about:

"REMOVED JSO SHIT AGAIN"

That caught my attention - off-field issues that are being whispered about around the NFL?

Hmm. It's going to be interesting.

SnakeLH2006
04-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Cutler is exactly like Favre......without the awards, records, division titles, playoff wins, superbowl championship, and wrangler endorsements!

It's early...April and all...Yet Snake would like to nominate this post for Post of the Year. Hands down. Was gonna say the same thing, but probably not as eloquently...Partial, DaBaddestBear, and Bus Cook will tear you up, but thank god for your braveness. :roll: :lol: :lol:

...Snake supports this post.

BEARMAN
04-07-2009, 02:12 AM
There are similarities.

1. same agent
2. throws of back foot

Still like Cutler and fear the success he may have with Bears.Still like Cutler and fear the success he may have with Bears

Be afraid, ... be very, very AFRAID ! :twisted:

The " Monsters of the Midway are BAAACK !

SnakeLH2006
04-07-2009, 02:27 AM
There are similarities.

1. same agent
2. throws of back foot

Still like Cutler and fear the success he may have with Bears.Still like Cutler and fear the success he may have with Bears

Be afraid, ... be very, very AFRAID ! :twisted:

The " Monsters of the Midway are BAAACK !

Exactly...false prophets...take heed in your Church..Snake is wary of Cutler...not as a Packer fan, but as a TO-type anti-Christ to bring down the Great Bear Nation....oh wait...already in effect....Good luck with that mess though. LMAO!!! Dude is a beyotch!! HAHHAAHAHAHA.