PDA

View Full Version : Rams willing to trade their #2 pick

steve823
04-07-2009, 07:58 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/07/rams-will-listen-to-offers-for-no-2-pick/

If it would happen I would guess it might be the Eagles who have 2 1st rounders and are in need of a o-linemen/and or wr.

Lurker64
04-07-2009, 08:09 PM
This is no suprise to anybody. I believe the Lions, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks and pretty much everybody picking in the top 5 wishes that somebody would take those picks off their hands. There's simply not anybody worth trading into the top 5 for this year.

Partial
04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Crabtree is elite, but who is gonna trade up for someone who is banged up and can't run, etc.

KYPack
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I hear a lot of scouts saying it's a thin top 10, but a deep 50.

Time will tell, but it looks deep.

Lotta OT's fer instance.

Bretsky
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Crabtree is elite, but who is gonna trade up for someone who is banged up and can't run, etc.

He'll be healthy by camps

Whoever takes him will be incredibly happy IMO

pack4to84
04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Maybe TT can trade up just giving up a 6th rd to move up.

Fritz
04-08-2009, 06:46 AM

Hear those bells gonging away in the background? That's Crabbie's professional death knell - the curse of Bretsky!

BTW, Bretsky, do you think anybody will want to trade up with the Pack? I suppose it depends on whether Sanchez is sitting there at #9 (I'm assuming Stafford will be gone).

sheepshead
04-08-2009, 07:20 AM
The NFL draft has become a huge joke. We need a salary cap NOW. I hope TT finds a way out also.

Packnut
04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
All 10 teams should pass their pick in the1st rd! :lol:

Guiness
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Hear those bells gonging away in the background? That's Crabbie's professional death knell - the curse of Bretsky!

BTW, Bretsky, do you think anybody will want to trade up with the Pack? I suppose it depends on whether Sanchez is sitting there at #9 (I'm assuming Stafford will be gone).

Whoa! Good catch Fritz. After Bretsky said he wouldn't hamstring someone by officially endorsing him, we've all been waiting with baited breath for him to slip up.

Crabtree it is. You're doomed, boy. :twisted:

Gunakor
04-08-2009, 01:47 PM

A 6th won't come close. Probably would have to give up the higher of our two 3rds in addition to #9 to move up 7 spots in the top 10. And, to be honest, there's nobody there worth doing a trade like that for anyway. If we were to trade out of the #9 spot, I'd prefer it be down, not up.

Guiness
04-08-2009, 02:36 PM

A 6th won't come close. Probably would have to give up the higher of our two 3rds in addition to #9 to move up 7 spots in the top 10. And, to be honest, there's nobody there worth doing a trade like that for anyway. If we were to trade out of the #9 spot, I'd prefer it be down, not up.

Raji's the guy I'd like, so moving up 2 or 3 spots would be ok by me. Looking at our PR draft game, maybe we have to move up two spots to #7?

Gunakor
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Raji's the guy I'd like, so moving up 2 or 3 spots would be ok by me. Looking at our PR draft game, maybe we have to move up two spots to #7?

I'd like Raji too. But moving up 2 spots in the top 10 costs a helluva lot more than moving up 2 spots in the second round. I'll bet it costs us at least a 4th (if our partner isn't a complete value nazi) if not the lower of our two 3rds just to jump those 2 spots. Especially considering that the team trading with us won't be saving themselves a whole lot of money, as they'd still be in the top 10, which means there's less incentive for them to do so. We'd still have to offer more value than we'd get in return.

Hopefully Raji just falls to us at #9.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Jacksonville is smarter than us; they were the Harrell year as well when they picked up an extra second and still got their guy in Reggie Nelson, Leaper's claim to fame. They'll be shopping that #8 pick big time.

If they fail I bet there are a few teams trying to move up to #9; and we do know TT is pretty good at trading down :lol:

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 05:33 PM

I'd like Raji too. But moving up 2 spots in the top 10 costs a helluva lot more than moving up 2 spots in the second round. I'll bet it costs us at least a 4th (if our partner isn't a complete value nazi) if not the lower of our two 3rds just to jump those 2 spots. Especially considering that the team trading with us won't be saving themselves a whole lot of money, as they'd still be in the top 10, which means there's less incentive for them to do so. We'd still have to offer more value than we'd get in return.

Hopefully Raji just falls to us at #9.

I'm fine with Raji at #9

But I'd much rather have Tyson Jackson and an extra 3rd in a tradedown then giving up a 3rd to move up and grab Raji :!:

Fritz
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm afraid to be on board with ya, Bretsky....I like Jackson, and if you and I both like a guy, well, he's toast. Once I add my endorsement to yours, it's kinda like Bretsky squared.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm afraid to be on board with ya, Bretsky....I like Jackson, and if you and I both like a guy, well, he's toast. Once I add my endorsement to yours, it's kinda like Bretsky squared.

Crabtree and Tyson

Good as Gold :!:

SnakeLH2006
04-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Is it a shocker that NOONE wants the first few picks in the draft as it's all crapshoot anyway, esp. when you pay these guys as the top 2-3 guys on your team with no adherence that they will be that good.

Snake says they better fix shit soon, so you can give more guys 2nd tier guys like Bart Scott in FA the veteran bow-down they deserve. He could have got $10 million a year for a deece LB other than $8 million if the rookie cap was fixed. PRIORITIES people. :lol: :shock:

Guiness
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
There are so many 'ifs' in this situation, it's ridiculous.

A team like the Rams or the Lions have so many holes, they'd be much further ahead plugging a few of them with 2nd tier FA's than dropping a wad on a high draft pick.

I'm talking about guys like Anthony Smith that we signed, or Antonio Smith, the DE the Texans signed. Not world beaters, but some guys that could help. Would you rather have 6-7 (8-9?) of those guys, or Aaron Curry?

If I was running the show, I would draft a guy, then just not even negotiate with him. Maybe trade him to another team for a starting DL and/or OL. Then someone in the league would probably shoot me!