PDA

View Full Version : "" A PROSPECT A DAY"" DA CRABMAN

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
All aboard the Crab Train !
He's too good to be there at #9

But if he is does TT take the BPA or go for need ?

Jennings and Crabtree would terrify defenses for years to come :!: :!: :!:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/42613727.html

rbaloha1
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Agreed. IMO best player in the draft.

Freak Out
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcMqBqkrBMw&feature=related

WTF man? I liked the silly animal photos one better.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcMqBqkrBMw&feature=related

WTF man? I liked the silly animal photos one better.

OOPS

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/42613727.html

Partial
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Hell yeah dude! I exclaim yes, yes 1000 times yes!

Kinda stinks for Driver, and I'm a big advocate of loyalty to vets, but man, you can't pass up a #1 prospect at #9. No way, no how. Especially when he isn't a trouble maker!

The Shadow
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Receiver is a position of strength.
Pass on Crabtree.

Freak Out
04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
There is no way he is there at 9 unless there are still questions about the injury...the guy a great player.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
There is no way he is there at 9 unless there are still questions about the injury...the guy a great player.

Lots of NFL Network analysts have been predicting he slides to us and then we pass on him

Freak Out
04-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Lots of NFL Network analysts have been predicting he slides to us and then we pass on him

Tells you how much I pay attention to these kinds of things. :lol:

Joemailman
04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I tend to agree with Freak. Every team ahead of the Pack in the draft need a WR worse than the Pack. If none of them want him, you have to wonder why.

There are reports that Cincy is listening to offers for Ocho Cinco. If they move him, hard to believe they'd pass on Crabtree. Again, unless there's something wrong with him.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I tend to agree with Freak. Every team ahead of the Pack in the draft need a WR worse than the Pack. If none of them want him, you have to wonder why.

There are reports that Cincy is listening to offers for Ocho Cinco. If they move him, hard to believe they'd pass on Crabtree. Again, unless there's something wrong with him.

Some teams value OL and DL way more than WR

The teams ahead of GB need help on one of the above as well

Joemailman
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
True, but if he's as good as you say he is, those kind of guys go very early. Larry Fitz went #3, Calvin Johnson #2, Andre Johnson #3.

That said, if TT thinks he's that kind of player, of course you take him.

retailguy
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Receiver is a position of strength.
Pass on Crabtree.

BPA BPA BPA BPA BPA

Haven't you been paying attention? Position of need? I scoff at you. :P

mission
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I havent seen any Crabtree highlight videos until now. No idea dude was *that* kind of wideout. Super body control, unbelievable hands, crazy taste for the ball.

I'm not sure it's the safest pick, but I'd have a hard time getting upset about it.

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I havent seen any Crabtree highlight videos until now. No idea dude was *that* kind of wideout. Super body control, unbelievable hands, crazy taste for the ball.

I'm not sure it's the safest pick, but I'd have a hard time getting upset about it.

Best offensive player in the draft

Not sure about character; but freakish talent

retailguy
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Nope. The "best" guy in the draft will be taken in round three. We'll have never heard of him, but Ted will have seen him on a Post cereal box.

Never fear! Ted is here! :P

The Shadow
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Vernon Davis freakish?

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Vernon Davis freakish?

I was never much of a Vernon Davis Fan; I was a Hawk Guy

so IMO, very unlike Vernon Davis

mission
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Vernon Davis freakish?

I was never much of a Vernon Davis Fan; I was a Hawk Guy

so IMO, very unlike Vernon Davis

Ya, what made Davis such a hot prospect were his combine numbers. Big bench, super fast 40 for his size, body like a TE version of Owens. Unbelievable on paper.

Crabtree doesn't have all those measurables... in fact, just the opposite since he missed out on the combine. He just flat out produces and seems to catch everything in his vicinity... very Fitzgerald or Jennings like. I mean, 22 TDs as a freshman?! 134 (137?) catches? Spread offense or not, he gets to the ball. Questions are foot injury, offense he played in and route running ...

SnakeLH2006
04-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Snake is always a fan of a good time, but gotta pass on the Crabs, Bret. There's just too many other good prospects to commit to Crabs unless we are less unfortunate, but alas, GB is full of good-time young jollies at WR. Pass.

Gunakor
04-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Pass on Crabs. If we do not trade out of the top 10, I'd be very disappointed if that pick is spent on anything outside of OL or DL. Perhaps if one freakishly good LB is there I could see that too. But no WR's, no QB's, no DB's, no RB's. No need to spend that kind of money on a position of strength. Especially at WR, where even after Driver retires it will remain a position of strength with the guys already on the roster. We have Driver's replacement and then some already.

SkinBasket
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I would be fine with this fucking guy - at our pick if he slides. I hated the idea when certain fanboy posters were creaming their pants every time they typed his name pre foot injury, but I think Driver will be fine this year, Crabs can learn some shit and take it easy on the foot, maybe get in the game after week 8, and be projected as a 2010 starter.

And what if Jennings doesn't sign here? We'd have Nelson and Driver's skeleton starting at WR.

Gunakor
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
And what if Jennings doesn't sign here? We'd have Nelson and Driver's skeleton starting at WR.

I'm not worried at all. Jennings will sign here. He wants to be here, Thompson wants him to be here, Rodgers wants him to be here. Everyone wants Jennings to be here. He's not going anywhere.

Joemailman
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Next Prospect http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/42719412.html

Rey Maualuga

No way in hell at #9. Thought he might be the Bears pick until they traded their #1 pick.