PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to run the forum?

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Mad can return the giant pot of gold, if indeed somebody really was dumb enough to buy his problems.

Spaulding
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
If somebody has the interest and time to do so and Mad no longer does, then I'm fine with whoever (not that I get any say in this).

Otherwise I'd be fine with whoever taking contributions from forum members to pony up for the cost of the site and some compensation for maintenance and then put things to a vote on who is trusted to run things.

Other than the occasional bitch sessions and dead end arguments (debating skills appear to be lost on some) this site is awesome and I'd be hard pressed to get the insight and news on my beloved Packers anywhere else.

falco
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
In no particular order

joemailman
ballhawk
zool
fritz

SkinBasket
04-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Maybe someone can lure murphy out of retirement with an ownership offer.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
In no particular order

joemailman
ballhawk
zool
fritz

All excellent suggestions. Ziggy or Bretsky would be great too.

But are any of these people dumb enough to take the job? Maybe.

I think the problem is that Madtown is burnt-out, or was burnt about a year ago.

I have ideas that could make Mad's role and life here much more pleasant. We should have a three-person board that is elected, serves as moderators, and deals with the shit. Perhaps 6 month or 1 year shifts.

I don't completely believe that Mad wants to give-up the place. He has a love-hate relationship. I will not elaborate.

mraynrand
04-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I think Tex and Bigguns should be co-owners.

Or Roark and PIP

http://img.mediaspanonline.com/5899/2700930.jpg

cpk1994
04-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I would love to see Tank run the forum. I would like to see what would happen. :D

mraynrand
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I would love to see Tank run the forum. I would like to see what would happen. :D

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/nintendo-ds/mortal-kombat-armageddon.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4637/armageddon29zb.jpg

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18503/18503-h/images/p336.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Nuclear_fireball.jpg/705px-Nuclear_fireball.jpg

packers11
04-10-2009, 10:50 AM
me :twisted: :knll:

mission
04-10-2009, 12:19 PM
i thought for sure i'd open up this thread and see a barrage of posts calling for me to head up the forum... or at least one.

really tho... the group has came together pretty nicely and i just kind of want to see things stay the same (more new people is usually good too). however that can happen.

:oops: :P

bobblehead
04-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Patler

KYPack
04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Is Torrance Marshall's girlfriend still around?

She could sort things out for us.

Dylan McKay
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Harlan you have problems. Give it a rest if you wanted to control who ran this place so bad why didn't you buy the damn thing or start your forum?

Gunakor
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Patler

2nded

BallHawk
04-10-2009, 02:52 PM
ALL UR FORUMS ARE BELONG TO ME.

Gunakor
04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
ALL UR FORUMS ARE BELONG TO ME.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

texaspackerbacker
04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Why do we even need to know? Madtown could easily have sold out, continued to post occasionally (or not), and never told anybody.

We could conceivably never find out who the new owner is, and if he/she keeps hands off and does a reasonably sane job, nobody would ever be the worse for not knowing.

If I was the new guy (don't worry, I'm not), I don't think I'd tell anybody.

Tarlam!
04-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you think this thread is tasteful, Blue? I've always known you to be an emotional cripple, but this thread is below even your shitty standards.

pbmax
04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
There can be only one: Logan Mankins

And he can have a Sean Connery avatar too, although it wouldn't be as tasteful as Zool's. I thought I was having a hard time concentrating with Skin's mouse/hand avatar, or Bretsky's first Bikini Girl av, but Connery in a G-String is too much.

gbpackfan
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
All hail king TANK! :shock:

Joemailman
04-10-2009, 04:17 PM
In no particular order

joemailman
ballhawk
zool
fritz

All excellent suggestions. Ziggy or Bretsky would be great too.

But are any of these people dumb enough to take the job? Maybe.

I think the problem is that Madtown is burnt-out, or was burnt about a year ago.

I have ideas that could make Mad's role and life here much more pleasant. We should have a three-person board that is elected, serves as moderators, and deals with the shit. Perhaps 6 month or 1 year shifts.

I don't completely believe that Mad wants to give-up the place. He has a love-hate relationship. I will not elaborate.

Rumor has it that Computers For Dummies was written with me in mind. Come to think of it, I still need to figure out how to use that camera I bought a while ago. Doesn't come with any film which is real weird. I'll have to pass.

DonHutson
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
The statute of Madtown has been yanked down and beaten with shoes... now what?

At least Harlan is offering the illusion of democracy.

Fosco33
04-10-2009, 06:06 PM
No opinion for the JSO moderator ... :P 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Fosco33
04-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

I had no idea that MLK was reincarnated as a blue dog hiding on an internet forum. 8-)

Tyrone Bigguns
04-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm for the brotherhood of everybody, but I don't believe in forcing brotherhood upon people who don't want it. Long as we practice brotherhood among ourselves, and then others who want to practice brotherhood with us, we practice it with them also, we're for that. But I don't think that we should run around trying to love somebody who doesn't love us.

MJZiggy
04-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Harlan you have problems. Give it a rest if you wanted to control who ran this place so bad why didn't you buy the damn thing or start your forum?

Funny thing...he did.

Patler
04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Patler

2nded

Thanks, but I barely know enough to be able to post! Still haven't figured out how to post a picture! :lol:

Lurker64
04-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks, but I barely know enough to be able to post! Still haven't figured out how to post a picture! :lol:

Type noparse with the URL of the image you wish to post in place of "noparse".

For example:

http://www.volnation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/tennessee_justin_harrell_sm.jpg becomes

http://www.volnation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/tennessee_justin_harrell_sm.jpg

RashanGary
04-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Huh? Nobody nominated me?

falco
04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Huh? Nobody nominated me?

i was considering making a list of people I didn't want running the forum, and you were on it.

Partial
04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I will say that when Madtown, Nutzy and Partial were all on one team (the Madtown-Partial connection is still strong as ever), this thing ran like a honda engine lubed up with mobile1 synthetic.

Little Whiskey
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
I will say that when Madtown, Nutzy and Partial were all on one team (the Madtown-Partial connection is still strong as ever), this thing ran like a honda engine lubed up with mobile1 synthetic.

if its not made in Detroit its CRAP and belongs in a lawnmower!

SkinBasket
04-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Until you got banned anyway.

Little Whiskey
04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
looks like someone pissed someone off and got a thread deleted

falco
04-10-2009, 07:49 PM
the first act of the new owner, no doubt

Partial
04-10-2009, 07:54 PM

if its not made in Detroit its CRAP and belongs in a lawnmower!

I respectfully disagree. What about those fine Wisconsin brands such as Briggs and Kohler?

CaptainKickass
04-10-2009, 08:09 PM
looks like someone pissed someone off and got a thread deleted

My bet is it was my comment Featuring Rod Serling and a quote about Man Love for nutz - that guy never gets the respect he desrves (Rod Serling that is)

red
04-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Patler

2nded

i would not want you to be the new owner, or mod for that matter

those two positions are high burnout positions

we can't afford to lose you or the new guy waldo to burn out

if that were to happen then we'd just be a forum full of idiots looking for answers and not finding any

Iron Mike
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I kinda miss that 4and12to12and4 guy that would post while shitfaced and then try to hook up with the EC gurls. Then the next day he'd be apologetic and blame it on his impending divorce.

That's what kind of owner I like....all out of control for a few hours and then totally contrite about it 12 hours later. :P

GrnBay007
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I kinda miss that 4and12to12and4 guy that would post while shitfaced and then try to hook up with the EC gurls. Then the next day he'd be apologetic and blame it on his impending divorce.

Wonder what happened to him? He was funny! Maybe he got back together with his ex and she banned him from posting.

MJZiggy
04-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Probably a good decision. If we'd held him to all those proposals, he'd be a polygamist...Wait. Come to think of it...I'VE BEEN JILTED, DAMMIT!!!

SkinBasket
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM

That's what kind of owner I like....all out of control for a few hours and then totally contrite about it 12 hours later. :P

I loved that guy.

Freak Out
04-11-2009, 09:43 PM
What happened to the thread where I told everyone to go fuck themselves? I was drunk but I don't apologize. :lol:

SkinBasket
04-12-2009, 07:16 AM
I think it became another example of the protect Partial from himself moderation technique used often lately after he violated his own privacy and then threatened to post information on several posters to avenge himself.