PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Needs

packers11
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Why hasn't anyone talked about trading up in the 3rd round and getting a punter? :lol:

seriously though... Wouldn't a Punter be a need with all the drama that went on last season... Was it 3 punters the packers went through? :shock:

Also, a scatback... All our rb's kind have the same running style... Wouldn't you like to see a Darren Sporles / Leon Washington type to change it up a bit...

Thoughts?

falco
04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thoughts?

i think that a thread called "hidden needs" and containing the word "scat" should be in the garbage can

KYPack
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
A scatback, hell yeah.

We could use a change of pace guy like any team. The only problem is you must first have a "meat man" who can be a real threat on the first two downs. We haven't truly established that, so we must save our RB roster spots to make sure we have one of those guys before we find our "Sproles"-type guy.

Draft a punter with a 3rd rnd pick?

HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

For one thing, you can find a good punter without burning a draft pick or you can get one for a 7.

Let's do that.

Most kiddie punters need 3-4 years to develop. We need one for next year.

Zool
04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
The last scatback we had kept getting hurt. I think he's in Pittsburgh now.

KYPack
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Man, that Zardoz avatar is disconcerting.

Can you imagine what Connery said when he first went to costuming and saw that fucking thing?

packers11
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM

haha it was a Mike Sherman joke... :) Of course I don't think you should draft a punter in the 3rd round... But in the later rounds, especially after Teddy gets 4-5 6th/7th rounders, we should draft a punter...

mission
04-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Can you imagine what Connery said when he first went to costuming and saw that fucking thing?

LOL that shit is too funny. Didnt know it was him either... you know he was like "aww hell no" in his very proper-like form.

sharpe1027
04-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Suck on it Trebek!

texaspackerbacker
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Hidden needs--more like luxury items, but good to get, just the same.

True, we do have four decent quality RBs--I would argue that Grant is way better than decent, and year before last, at least, had some "scat" in him. However, they all are fairly similar. It would be nice to pick up a Sproles type, but we'd need to cut a good player to do it. As it is, either Jackson, Wynn, or Lumpkin will have to go--unless one of them ends up on the injured list.

The "hidden need"/luxury item I have been campaigning for is Pat White or somebody very similar--a "slash" type player who could give us some "wildcat" or option QB capability.

Joemailman
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
A scatback, hell yeah.

We could use a change of pace guy like any team. The only problem is you must first have a "meat man" who can be a real threat on the first two downs. We haven't truly established that, so we must save our RB roster spots to make sure we have one of those guys before we find our "Sproles"-type guy.

For one thing, you can find a good punter without burning a draft pick or you can get one for a 7.

Let's do that.

Most kiddie punters need 3-4 years to develop. We need one for next year.

PackerUpdate has some comments about the Packers needing a fast COP RB. http://www.packerupdate.com/