PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Day * Matthew Q. Stafford*

Partial
04-14-2009, 05:12 PM
What do you guys think of this guy? I haven't seen him enough to have an opinion.

Mish, whats the story?

KYPack
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
The tom toms are beating that the Lions will pick him number 1.

Most observers think he will be a top 5 pick and many rumors mills, PFT among 'em, think he will go in the 1 spot.

Partial
04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Evidently he has a huge arm from what I'm reading, but hasn't had great results despite massive quantities of talent around him. Only completed something like 56% of passes according to Bedard.

BZnDallas
04-14-2009, 06:34 PM
he is a dallas boy, so i've always tried to keep an eye open when watching georgia games or highlights... he didn't show me very much in college with the exception of a few games or plays here and there... dont know what the hype is about, but at least he played longer than a season as the starter which is why (at least one reason) IMO he is rated higher than sanchez... i for one hope he goes to detroit b/c i'm skeptical of how good he will be... only time will tell i guess... but hey thats only one guys opinion...

Joemailman
04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I've seen him make some incredible throws, but the knock against him is inconsistency. This is exactly why a lot of people hate taking a QB this early. He could be John Elway, or he could be Ryan Leaf. Taking one of the top OT's or Aaron Curry would be a safer, but less bold pick.

SnakeLH2006
04-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Seen him a few times...Got all the skills...Screams "BEAST" but alas, if the Lions draft him, ala David Carr.

mission
04-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Honestly, when all the draft talk started coming up, I was surprised to hear Stafford at the top of it. I guess when you look at his arm and his size then NFL teams figure they can develop him more. Georgia fans in general kinda liked the guy, but they never held him in special esteem. Some people would argue that he shouldn't be starting in 07 and the typical bickering QB controversy. I've seen him miss some real open passes by a good amount and then make some amazing throws.

With coaching he can be the real deal... I don't think he is right now. His team always underperformed and I don't think he did enough with his weapons.

DannoMac21
04-15-2009, 03:16 AM
He's better than Rodgers obviously but that's not saying much.

Tarlam!
04-15-2009, 04:19 AM
He's better than Rodgers obviously but that's not saying much.

I just don't get this post at all.

mraynrand
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
he could be Ryan Leaf.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!!

sheepshead
04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
OK see, I was given so much crap for saying Partial wanted to draft a QB now look.

Dude you cant be serious, I was being facetious.

KYPack
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I saw him play one of his "pro games".

He came into Commonwealth Stadium at UK and passed the Wildcats right off the field. He had over 300 yds and 3 touchdowns including some real impressive long bombs. He was sacked a couple times and appeared to get pretty rattled under blitz pressure.

He's definitely at top pro prospect.

The #1 pro pick in the draft?

That's a surprise, but it's got to be somebody, right?

Gunakor
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM

He came into Commonwealth Stadium at UK and passed the Wildcats right off the field. He had over 300 yds and 3 touchdowns including some real impressive long bombs. He was sacked a couple times and appeared to get pretty rattled under blitz pressure.

I think he's only projected at #1 because the Lions have the #1 pick and they need a franchise QB. If, say, Green Bay were picking first, Aaron Curry would probably be the projected #1 since we don't need a QB.

KYPack
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM

I think he's only projected at #1 because the Lions have the #1 pick and they need a franchise QB. If, say, Green Bay were picking first, Aaron Curry would probably be the projected #1 since we don't need a QB.

Curry seems to me to be the only stud-puppy, #1 guy in this draft. Real early in the draft Mayock, or one of those guys, commented that this draft is strange. A strong top 50, but a weak top 5. The longer I look at it, the more I agree with those statements.

This seems to be the OT draft, but no standout game changing dudes.

I hope the Lions draft Stafford and he flops. He well could. He's no Marino-Manning guy, he's just a prospect.