PDA

View Full Version : The 09 Schedule is Out!

rbaloha1
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/release

sheepshead
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
The 2009 Schedule.

Sun., Sept. 13 Chicago Bears Buy and Sell Tickets 7:20 p.m. NBC
Sun., Sept. 20 Cincinnati Bengals (Gold pkg.) Buy and Sell Tickets 12:00 p.m. CBS
Sun., Sept. 27 @ St. Louis Rams 12:00 p.m. FOX
Mon., Oct. 5 @ Minnesota Vikings 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Oct. 11 Open Date
Sun., Oct. 18 Detroit Lions Buy and Sell Tickets 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 25 @ Cleveland Browns 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 1 Minnesota Vikings Buy and Sell Tickets 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 8 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 15 Dallas Cowboys (Gold pkg.) Buy and Sell Tickets 3:15 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 22 San Francisco 49ers Buy and Sell Tickets 12:00 p.m. FOX
Thurs., Nov. 26 @ Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving) 11:30 a.m. FOX
Mon., Dec. 7 Baltimore Ravens Buy and Sell Tickets 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Dec. 13 @ Chicago Bears *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 20 @ Pittsburgh Steelers *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 27 Seattle Seahawks Buy and Sell Tickets *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Jan. 3 @ Arizona Cardinals *3:15 p.m. FOX

sheepshead
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
We could be 7-1..8-0 before Dallas.

falco
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
We could be 7-1..8-0 before Dallas.

some teams will rebound, others will falter, but you really can't argue too much with our schedule. even without significant improvement we could easily go 10-6.

digitaldean
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Only bummer is the lack of home games in December.

falco
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM

hopefully we can make up for it with 2 home games in january :wink:

sheepshead
04-14-2009, 06:18 PM

Yeah but that "Lambeau mystique" hasnt served us well lately anyway.

gbpackfan
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I love the schedule. Twice we have back to back home games. And the NFL did us a favor by schduling a home game (against the 49ers at that) before the Thanksgiving game day. Then, we don't have to play until Monday night the following week. Again, that game is at home.

LET'S GET IT ON!

MadScientist
04-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I love the schedule. Twice we have back to back home games. And the NFL did us a favor by schduling a home game (against the 49ers at that) before the Thanksgiving game day. Then, we don't have to play until Monday night the following week. Again, that game is at home.

LET'S GET IT ON!
I think the NFL had a rule of home games before Thursday games.

Patler
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Vikings twice within 4 games, and done with them by game #7.
4 of the first 7 games are NFC North games, only 2 in the last 9.
I was hoping to have more games in the Division later in the season when the defense is better established.

RashanGary
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Better find a way to start strong with the new defense. It's going to be tough to get W's at the end of that schedule.

Very winnable early schedule. I just hope the defense doesn't take too long to click because if we start slow, it's going to be awfully tough to finish strong.

RashanGary
04-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Capers does have a lot of experience starting out his defense with new teams and has success doing it.

If it weren't for Capers I'd be really worried. Because we have the right guy for the job I'm just a little worried.

Partial
04-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Schedule looks a lot nicer than last year. Should have a good record against Dallas. Finally get those damn 'boys in Wisconsin. Really easy road schedule. Pittsburgh will probably a loss, but the Cardinals game should be a push.

cpk1994
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Schedule looks a lot nicer than last year. Should have a good record against Dallas. Finally get those damn 'boys in Wisconsin. Really easy road schedule. Pittsburgh will probably a loss, but the Cardinals game should be a push.Umm, them boys played in Wisconsin last season.

cheesner
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
I was hoping to have more games in the Division later in the season when the defense is better established.

Not sure what is best - to play the Vikes late in the season when they do their yearly collapse, or get them early this year when half (3/4 by weight :wink: ) of their defensive line is on suspension.

Not too much to complain about this schedule - we have a great opportunity to build some momentum early.

gbgary
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
edited :oops:

Rastak
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM

Not sure what is best - to play the Vikes late in the season when they do their yearly collapse, or get them early this year when half (3/4 by weight :wink: ) of their defensive line is on suspension.

Not too much to complain about this schedule - we have a great opportunity to build some momentum early.

They won 5 of their last 6 in the 2008 "collapse". I guess they didn't get the memo.... :)

Partial
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Schedule looks a lot nicer than last year. Should have a good record against Dallas. Finally get those damn 'boys in Wisconsin. Really easy road schedule. Pittsburgh will probably a loss, but the Cardinals game should be a push.Umm, them boys played in Wisconsin last season.

Fair enough then. Could have sworn it was in Big D for the millionth time.

red
04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
boy that last month looks brutal right now

RashanGary
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Rastak,

Is fat Pat and KW out for the first four games?

red
04-14-2009, 07:13 PM
i see 8-8 or 9-7

if teams play like they did last year

Rastak
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Rastak,

Is fat Pat and KW out for the first four games?

I figure the odds be 50-50.

The court case attempting to get the suspensions overturned will happen in June.

Rastak
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM
From Seiferts blog:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-10-76/Packers-schedule-analysis.html

Breakdown: Despite last year's 6-10 record, the Packers will play five nationally-televised games -- including a Sunday night game Sept. 13 against Chicago and a Monday night game Oct. 5 at Minnesota. (The full schedule is here.)

We should get a good idea of where the Packers are headed after their first four games, which includes home matchups against the Bears and Cincinnati followed by trips to St. Louis and the Vikings. The schedule gods granted the Packers a bye immediately afterwards, giving them a nice canvas -- two division games and two winnable games outside the conference -- to judge the progress of their new 3-4 defense.

The quarter point of the season is a good time for adjustments anyway, and the Packers will almost certainly benefit. They also got a nice gift for the games surrounding their Thanksgiving Day affair at Detroit. On the front end, they'll have a home game Nov. 22 against San Francisco, preventing an even shorter week before heading to Detroit.

On the back end, they will have an extra day to rest with a Monday Night Football matchup against Baltimore, also at home on Dec. 7.

Complaint department: It's a bit of an oddity more than anything, but the Packers' last division game is Dec. 13 at Chicago. If they're in the hunt for the title, they'll have limited control of their fate at the end of the year. It's the first time in six years the Packers have faced a similar obstacle.

Brrrrrr: Get this. When the Ravens arrive at Lambeau Field, it'll be the first Monday night game in Green Bay history during the month of December. There have been Sunday night games in December, but in general you don't want to be outdoors in the Upper Midwest at 7 p.m. or later that time of year. Why? IT CAN BE REALLY, REALLY COLD. Good luck to the Ravens ... and the fans who aren't properly, uh, "warmed up" in the crowd.

GBRulz
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM

I used to feel that way about our "mystique", too but we are not a cold weather team anymore. M3 constantly practices indoors and I don't feel that we are anymore suited to play in 5 degrees than Tampa is, to be honest.

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2009, 07:29 PM

Yeah, not much to be thankful for after Thanksgiving.

Gunakor
04-14-2009, 07:36 PM

Yup.

@ Pittsburgh
@ Arizona

:shock:

Freak Out
04-14-2009, 07:48 PM
We better rack up the wins early with the brutal stretch at the end. Ballhawk should be happy though.

Joemailman
04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Enough with everyone shaking in fear over the Dec/Jan schedule. Here's how I see it.

December 7 vs. Baltimore - Packers will have 11 days to prepare for a Baltimore team coming off a very physical game with Pittsburgh. Oh, did I mention that Baltimore lost the league's best DC this offseason?

Sunday December 13 at Chicago - This figures to be a close game. Should have beat them twice last year.

Sunday December 20 at Pittsburgh - I'll admit it. Probably the toughest game on the schedule.

Sunday December 27 vs. Seattle - One of the easier games on the schedule. Seattle will likely not be very good.

Sunday January 3 at Arizona - Super Bowl losers are seldom as good the next year. Last 2 have failed to make the playoffs. Arizona is my top pick for Disappointing Team Of The Year In 2009. Packers haven't lost a regular season finale since 2002. Packers will win this game.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Sun., Oct. 18 Detroit Lions

This would normally be the PR game. Maybe we could end the losing streak. If they don't win this one, then we should quit having the PR game.
:D

Partial
04-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree with you Joe, I think all things considered it could have been a lot worse.

They have that extended break after the thanksgiving game for a home game against Baltimore. That helps them big time for in getting ready for a physical game.

The Chicago and Pittsburgh games are going to be a battle, no doubt about it. They'd be tough, close games regardless of when they took place.

Seattle should be an easy game.

Arizona is a boom or bust game. I suspect we can win this one and have a nice two game streak going into the playoffs if we hold up at the front of the schedule.

Hopefully we take advantage of the easy games early and happen to get hot early like the '07 Packers. That would be great!

Bossman641
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Judging off a quick look at the schedule, it looks good. There is a good chance to build some early season momentum. Let's just hope Dom can get the defense ready to go.

CaliforniaCheez
04-14-2009, 10:03 PM
The early bye is a concern but there are always good and things in a schedule. It could be better and it could be worse.

Some things that look bad now will not be so bad and some things that look easy won't be.

Ravens lost a lot of players. So the three weeks of Ravens Bears and Steelers might be too bad.

The 2 back to back dome games give me injury concerns Rams then Vikings. That artificial turf stuff is crap.

It is always good to get the Metrodome game out of the way early. Then the Vikings have nothing to play for; their big game is over.

Lurker64
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
The only downside I see is that we can only go 15-0 in 2009 ;)

channtheman
04-14-2009, 11:47 PM
I have to wait all fucking season to watch the Packers in Arizona? Bullshit! I wish it was sandwiched in the middle of the season where it might be more important. Hell, maybe that will be the game where the Packers will be the second team to go 16-0. Yeah that's it, I will be watching history that day in person!

Freak Out
04-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Sun., Oct. 18 Detroit Lions

This would normally be the PR game. Maybe we could end the losing streak. If they don't win this one, then we should quit having the PR game.
:D

If we show for that game and lose the site gets shut down and we start over. That's it....change the name to Packerhamsters or some fucking thing.

GrnBay007
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
LOL

Packers won't lose that game. The posters game will live on...... :D

Partial
04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I wish we could do another night game. That allotted so much more hang out time.

SnakeLH2006
04-15-2009, 01:45 AM

True dat! What's with that? That's been our boom for success/greatest attribute to playing in cold weather? How come we only have 1 home game for the past several years in Dec.? SUCKS 1!!!!

CaliforniaCheez
04-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Lots of trivia, interesting and offbeat facts about the schedule in the schedule dope sheet.

http://www.packers.com/pdfs/090414dopesheet.pdf

The first four games of the season will be broadcast on four different
networks. After the bye week, Green Bay has seven straight games on
FOX and could have 11 of the last 12 on the network, pending the NFL’s
flex scheduling. Also dependent upon the flex scheduling is the amount
of 12 noon starts, which at this point is set for 10 games. An 11th, at
Detroit, is set for 11:30 a.m.

Green Bay plays three of the four teams who played in last season’s conference
championships. All three games (vs. Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, at
Arizona) occur in the season’s final five weeks. Making the season’s final
stretch tougher too is the fact that three of the final four games will be
on the road.

For the first time since 2003, the Packers will not play a division opponent
in the season’s final three weeks.

The Packers have five games against playoff teams from a year ago (Week 4 at Minnesota, Week 8 vs. Minnesota, Week 13 vs. Baltimore,
Week 15 at Pittsburgh and Week 17 at Arizona).

For a 17th consecutive season, the Green Bay Packers will appear on
Monday Night Football, The Packers own the NFC’s longest active appearance
streak on MNF.

The dope sheet had to be prepared in advance so the Packers have known their schedule for awhile,

cpk1994
04-15-2009, 06:18 AM

I used to feel that way about our "mystique", too but we are not a cold weather team anymore. M3 constantly practices indoors and I don't feel that we are anymore suited to play in 5 degrees than Tampa is, to be honest.This constanty practicing indoors BS has nothing to do with not being a cold weather team anymore. Sherman always practied indoors as well. They have used the Hutson Center constantly since it opened. Holmgren practiced inside as well. It has to do with the fact they have become more of a finesse team.

Joemailman
04-15-2009, 06:33 AM
The Packers played okay in cold weather last year. The games they lost were games where they had a late lead and couldn't hold it. That happened all year in warm and cold weather. At any rate, they will be practicing outside more this year as one of the practice fields will have underground heating.

cheesner
04-15-2009, 09:39 AM

They won 5 of their last 6 in the 2008 "collapse". I guess they didn't get the memo.... :)

See! The vikings screw everything up.

My bad. I didn't realize the trend had ended. :oops: