PDA

View Full Version : Packer Draft Party

GrnBay007
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
FYI

Dear Green Bay Packers Fan,

It is an exciting time for everyone at the Green Bay Packers as preparations intensify for this month's NFL Draft. Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and his staff currently are in the midst of finalizing player evaluations and preparing the Packers' draft board.

The anticipation also is building for our annual Packers Draft Party presented by Mills Fleet Farm in the Lambeau Field Atrium. I'd like to personally invite you to this year's event, April 25, from 3 to 9 p.m., with doors opening at 2 p.m.

At the Draft Party, you'll be able to share the excitement of the day with other Packers fans and hear firsthand from Thompson and Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy as they talk about the team's draft strategy. I'll be dropping by as well, along with Packers players Will Blackmon, Brandon Chillar, James Jones, Ruvell Martin, Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rouse, and alumni Mark Chmura and Aaron Taylor. The players will take part in autograph sessions and on-stage interviews.

The party features updated, ultra-bright projection screen TVs with network coverage and the Packers radio team from Newsradio 620 WTMJ will be on hand to provide additional commentary and analysis. A commemorative cap, raffle, door prizes, interactive games and contests, and computer stations for Web browsing also are part of the day. And remember to bring your laptop computer as the Lambeau Field Atrium is a Wi-Fi "hot spot."

Tickets for the Draft Party are priced at $25 and can be purchased in person at the Packers' ticket office. Beginning April 16, tickets also can be purchased through Ticketmaster in person, over the phone at 800/745-3000 or online.

Additional event details can be found here or by calling the Packers at 920/569-7500.

I hope you can join us April 25 when we see the selection of our newest players. Be a part of the excitement in the Lambeau Field Atrium as the strategy unfolds just two floors up in the Packers' draft room.

Go Packers!

Mark Murphy
President/CEO

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2009, 09:46 PM
There will be a Packers draft party in the Twin Cities at St. Louis Park Tavern.

GrnBay007
04-14-2009, 09:47 PM
.....and the Draft Party at PackerRats is free. :D

Partial
04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
There will be a Packers draft party in the Twin Cities at St. Louis Park Tavern.

Do they have Wi-Fi?

PlantPage55
04-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Man, I'm right there. I would love to go to that and yet, at the same time, I cannot leave my "draft bunker"

They probably wouldn't let me hang post-it notes all over their bar, like I do when I watch it at home.

Lurker64
04-14-2009, 10:03 PM

Man, I'm right there. I would love to go to that and yet, at the same time, I cannot leave my "draft bunker"

They probably wouldn't let me hang post-it notes all over their bar, like I do when I watch it at home.

Yeah, I have like four spread sheets open while I'm watching the draft, and I have both ESPN and NFLN going at the same time. I probably shouldn't ever do this in public.

Partial
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
*cough* nerd *cough*

Now excuse me, I have to get back to my pre-draft journal

sharpe1027
04-14-2009, 11:18 PM
along with Packers players Will Blackmon, Brandon Chillar, James Jones, Ruvell Martin, Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rouse, and alumni Mark Chmura and Aaron Taylor. The players will take part in autograph sessions and on-stage interviews.

What happens if one of those guys gets traded during the draft? How awkward would that be?

mission
04-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Waldo - you going up to TJs? I should be able get a lady to drive me up if they have anything special going on. Although, I'm not sure the draft format necessarily fits that place... wouldn't know.. might just pony up on the couch with a sixer.