PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry - prison in his future

Patler
04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I saw today that Travis Henry pleaded guilty to the charge of cocaine trafficking. He was the money behind the Colorado-to-Montana ring busted last year. He's looking at a possible 10 year prison sentence.

Joemailman
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
At least all his kids will know where they can go visit him.

swede
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM

:rs:

oregonpackfan
04-17-2009, 05:10 PM

With all the kids he has fathered, I hope they find find a room large enough! :)

gbgary
04-17-2009, 08:55 PM

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

Kiwon
04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Of course, there is a segment that always wants to give the formerly "famous" 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances but somewhere along the line, famous or not, rich or not, everyone should be held to the same standard.

I remember a line from the Wall Street Journal years ago talking about "the glamorous nitwits" of Hollywood.

Well, "the clueless idiots" of Sports also need to be highlighted.

Michael Vick (a.k.a. - Ron Mexico) is broke? Small wonder considering his 6 homes he owned and spending $300,000 a month supporting his entourage during his playing days.

(I wonder how many of Vick's crew will be getting benefits from the government's stimulus package?)

The USA locks us too many drug users, drug dealers? Screw 'em. Lock up jerks like Travis Henry who had every opportunity to make a good life for himself and instead decides to help ruin the lives of others to make a profit. No doubt he met some bad guys and got in over his head, but the guy isn't a victim, he's a victimizer.

Let him find out how far his past fame will carry him in prison. Maybe he and former teammate at Tennessee, Donte Stallworth, can relive their glory days as cellmates.

I want a society and justice system that makes examples out of these guys and finally teaches the superstar wannabes about being responsibile for one's own actions. Word, 'aight?

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Let him find out how far his past fame will carry him in prison. Maybe he and former teammate at Tennessee, Donte Stallworth, can relive their glory days as cellmates.

Snake looked hard, but still can't find any empathy for punks that father all those kids and fuck 'em over with his 10 baby mamas with all his money. That is so goddamn sad. They are now born, meaning, it's not their fault their dad is a useless punk clown trying to evade their upbringing. Damn sad...esp. when with all those millions they might never see a cent with "probably" an entourage of lawyers to "protect" his assets. So sad.

As far as Donte. Hey dumbfuck! You killed a guy cuz you drove wasted!

Snake's a huge fan of Karma, and hope both these guys are trophies in prison together.

Inmate #1: Hey Henry and Donte are roomies in cellblock 4.
Inmate #2: Hells ya, me and my homies been putting in work on they asses all week in the shower.
Inmate #1: You mean they ain't no sassy prassy fresh tang no more?
Inmate #2: Hells naw. They from Iowa now. Straight cornhole passion baby! My boys been putting in work.

Hopefully it works out well for both those esteemed former NFL players/imprisoned gentleman much like that. 8-) :x

mission
04-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Cocaine Trafficking isn't really a case you just beat... too much law enforcement PR/discouragement on the line. You don't get caught on accident, meaning resources were spent getting your ass arrested and therefor, you're not just getting a slap on the wrist. Too many mandatory sentences involved... his only hope is a lesser conspiracy charge but he'll still be looking at 5+ ... 3+ if it's one of those celebrity "how the hell did that happen" kind of things. This is a *real* case.

wist43
04-18-2009, 05:29 AM
As Ron White says... you can't fix stupid.

Patler
04-18-2009, 06:51 AM
... his only hope is a lesser conspiracy charge but he'll still be looking at 5+ ...

He already entered a plea of "guilty" to possession of 11 pounds of cocaine with intent to distribute across state lines. There will be no lesser charge to get him off the hook. Two other trafficking charges were dropped in return for his plea to the one trafficking charge.

Looks like he will be in for 10 years at least, maybe more. I found this:

If U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull accepts the plea, Henry faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years to life in prison, a $4 million fine, and at least five years of supervised release.

Fritz
04-18-2009, 08:20 AM
It's totally unrelated to football, but if anyone's interested in a compelling sketch of how the good life can go bad, rent Boogie Nights.

11 pounds of cocaine? Wow.

mission
04-18-2009, 04:03 PM
That's about $330,000 worth... 250 if it's straight from the 'migos 8-)

No wonder he couldnt pay his baby mommas... all that money tied up.

Thanks for the specifics Patler... hadn't heard any of that. He's definitely facing mandatory time, what a dumbass.

SnakeLH2006
04-18-2009, 09:56 PM
It's totally unrelated to football, but if anyone's interested in a compelling sketch of how the good life can go bad, rent Boogie Nights.

11 pounds of cocaine? Wow.

Fritz your respect XP is maxed out now. You can't level it up any higher,:D Agreed. Top 10 movie EVER. Awesome.

And yea, that's a lotta yay. 11 lbs. Damn. As a fellow RB, Henry should have consulted with Jamal Lewis to NARC his way outta the coke felony drama. :shock: