PDA

View Full Version : Two situations where I wouldn't mind a receiver being picked

Partial
04-19-2009, 07:22 PM
1. In the event that Crabtree falls to 6, I would have ZERO problem with trading up to get him granted the value is fair or better using the trade chart. This guy will be an absolute stud and is the best player in the draft. Jennings and Crabtree would have the potential to be a Fitzgerald and Bolden type of combination.

2. If Orakpo is gone at #9, trade down into the teens and pick up Percy Harvin. This guy is as fast as Teddy Ginn (imo.. don't know if numbers support these claims, but this cat has incredible football speed), he can play a scat back type role and would allow MM to be even more creative with his formations and mismatches.

This guy can return kicks, be a premiere slot receiver, line up in the back field, take direct snaps, etc. He's extremely versatile and a dynamite athlete.

He was the player that Tebow went to whenever Florida needed a big play, and the unique offenses of both Urban Meyer and Mike McCarthy really play to Harvin's strengths imo.

I would rather do this than draft one of the tackles. The two that are likely to be available both have some significant question marks. To me, I see Harvin as a question-less player. He's a little small, but he has the skillset of a Reggie Bush.

Your thoughts?

Lurker64
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd be a lot happier with any of the four tackles than either proposed scenario. In terms of "improving the offense", having a tackle who can run block (thus allowing us to run 75% of the plays in the ZBS, instead of 50% like we do currently), will improve the Packers offense more than "having a receiver who's a little bit better than Jennings/Driver/Nelson."

Plus, WRs bust in the first round constantly. Offensive tackles do very rarely. Other than Tony Mandarich and Robert Gallery, there really haven't been any OT busts in the first round in the modern era.

Maxie the Taxi
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
The only problem I see with what you're saying is how do we help the defense?

I remember two years ago when we were flush with DLineman. It made our entire defense better. That's when our CB's were Pro Bowl material. We need more speed rushers and more backups, I think.

Now we're thin on defense and we don't get after the QB enough.

I can't argue about Harvin. Florida was a different team when he played. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be a game changer. He's kind of like that rookie Philadelphia had last year (from California) only better.

TigerFang
04-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Your thoughts?

Dumb. Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin at #9? Why not just trade it for Noah Herron? At least he's familiar with the team.

I'm going to just assume you're trying to create conversation with this. Percy Harvin. There's roughly 30-40 picks that would make more sense for any team at #9.

Partial
04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Fang: If you read, I suggested trade back into the late teens, Fang. 30-40 picks too high? Dude will be a top 20 pick most likely, but definitely a first rounder without a doubt. Noah Herron was an undrafted free agent running back. I don't see the comparison at all. Especially given that Herron is a 4.7 type guy, where as Harvin is a 4.3-4.4 guy, with superior football speed to most of the combine sprinters.

Lurker, the tackles available all have question. The guy from Miss. gives questionable effort and has never been dominant. I like Smith but I question his ability to be a pass blocking LT. I don't think he'll move laterally anywhere near as well as Clifton. I cannot imagine putting a run blocking LT against Jared Allen. Yikes!

I don't think he's a comparable receiver to Jennings/Jones/Nelson. I highly doubt he is as good as Jennings. I mean Jennings is special. Jones and Nelson are more of your big physical guys. Harvin is the speedster the offense lacks. He's not polished at all as a receiver, as he's more of a Devin Hestor (verstatile playmaker) type than he is a traditional WCO receiver.

I like him for the same reasons I liked Ginn a few years back. He's like a friggin Gazelle!

Maxie: I agree the defense is the way to go if its there. It's a toss up whether the premiere defender in the draft, Orakpo, is available from all accounts. I'm hearing a lot of mixed things on Maybin, so I could see them trying to move down for Tyson Jackson if Orakpo isn't there. If neither is there, then what? That's why I'm proposing going with a guy who brings something to the table offensively that is unique from what we have.

Bretsky
04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Your thoughts?

Dumb. Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin at #9? Why not just trade it for Noah Herron? At least he's familiar with the team.

I'm going to just assume you're trying to create conversation with this. Percy Harvin. There's roughly 30-40 picks that would make more sense for any team at #9.

Come on; 30-40 picks ? Many are projecting him to go in the 15-25 range; the dude has great talent. The reason he'd scare me is I've heard he's a questionable character

Joemailman
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Harvin's stock has dropped due to reports he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. Many are projecting him to go in the 2nd round. That will change if he is cleared of the drug report. As far as I know, he hasn't denied it. Doesn't sound like the kind of guy TT will be looking for.

Interesting article on him http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/uf/story/1007701.html

Partial
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm surprised by that. I've spent about 3 hours breaking down a game and making small talk with his parents, and I can tell you his parents are quite well-to-do (very huge engagement/wedding ring, all members were decked from head to toe in gator gear, great seats, etc), and seemed like very nice, supportive people.

I think he is more of a college student living the life taking advantage of his good fortune than he is a trouble maker. His parents and family seemed very nice and very supportive.

mission
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm surprised by that. I've spent about 3 hours breaking down a game and making small talk with his parents, and I can tell you his parents are quite well-to-do (very huge engagement/wedding ring, all members were decked from head to toe in gator gear, great seats, etc), and seemed like very nice, supportive people.

I think he is more of a college student living the life taking advantage of his good fortune than he is a trouble maker. His parents and family seemed very nice and very supportive.

LOL!! wtf does that have to do with smoking weed?

falco
04-19-2009, 08:12 PM

only losers from the ghetto smoke weed, duh

MJZiggy
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, the size of the mother's engagement ring is proportionally opposite to the amount of pot smoked before the freaking NFL combine.

mission
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes, the size of the mother's engagement ring is proportionally opposite to the amount of pot smoked before the freaking NFL combine.

Must not have been big enough! :lol: :lol:

Partial
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Nothing. I just don't think he'll be a bad attitude guy in the NFL. He's from a good family. I don't think he'll be a problem or a guy you have to worry about.

mission
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Nothing. I just don't think he'll be a bad attitude guy in the NFL. He's from a good family. I don't think he'll be a problem or a guy you have to worry about.

Maybe so. A lot of weed smoking guys have GREAT attitudes and are generally good to be around. Fact is, the NFL doesn't revolve its 3-strike policy around if he's a problem or not. Smoking some weed becomes *the* problem even if he never acts a minute like TO in his life ...

gbpackfan
04-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I would be happy to grab Crabtree at 9 but drafting Harvin AT ALL would be disappointing. Another BUST WR from Florida. Remember when everyone wanted Chad Jackson and TT drafted Greg Jennings? Jackson was a BUST! Jennings a STUD! Florida WRs suck in the NFL. When will fans get this through their head? NO FLORIDA WRs!

Lurker64
04-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Assuming Percy Harvin did actually test positive at the combine, I think that does reflect really negatively on his decision-making process. As comparatively harmless of a drug as it is, it still gets you suspended the same way that steroids or cocaine would. A suspended superstar is less valuable to his team than a run-of-the-mill starter who is as average as he is dependable.

Remember, the combine is the biggest job interview any of these guys will ever have, and everybody knows there's a drug test coming. To fail a drug test in this situation you have to be either really stupid or care a lot more about drugs than you do about football. In either way, it's not something that makes a guy stand out positively as a prospect.

If a guy got busted for pot at least once in college? You can overlook that, a lot of people smoke weed in college. If a guy gets busted for pot at a drug test that he knows is coming on which millions of dollars hinge, it's a lot harder to overlook.

But we don't actually know whether or not he tested positive, it's all so much rumor until the actual list goes out (which is soon, I think.)

digitaldean
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Doubtful Crabtree will be available for us anyway.

Either he will be gone to Seattle or to Cleveland.

If, in the unlikely event, he is available, I'd have to weigh it vs. what line help is available. If Raji/Orakpo or Oher are available, we need to pick them. If all 3 of them are gone, Tyson Jackson of LSU would be mmy fallback pick. (we could trade back 1-2 spots if that happened).

Partial
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I would be happy to grab Crabtree at 9 but drafting Harvin AT ALL would be disappointing. Another BUST WR from Florida. Remember when everyone wanted Chad Jackson and TT drafted Greg Jennings? Jackson was a BUST! Jennings a STUD! Florida WRs suck in the NFL. When will fans get this through their head? NO FLORIDA WRs!

I don't think he is the typical Florida receiver. He's more of a scat back than anything. Sending him out on long patterns is not playing to his strength.

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM

How many times do we get to hear this story? I am not saying that smaller receivers can't make in the NFL and he was a game changer in college, but I just don't see the polish, very comparable to Ted Ginn although I think Percy is a little bit more fluid of an offensive weapon where Ginn reminds me more of a trackstar, but Harvins size does concern me. Sure Steve Smith is small but he is stacked, really put together 5-8 200 pounds. Harvin is just shy of 6 feet and is 192 pounds, decent but jus tooks a little lanky, maybe frail if you want an extreme view.

Percy Harvin is either going to be a total bust with injury issues throughout his 4 year career or he is going to be pretty damn dynamic. I personally just don't know probably because I wasn't sitting next the Harvins, and eyeing up mommy. What I have seen is the guy is a dynamic football player with the ball in his hands but I just don't see him as a number one receiver, someone where you through the ball to 10 to 12 times a game. I think of Reggie Bush when I see Harvin's highlight films. Might not have a position in the NFL. I don't draft a guy in the first round to return kicks and run reverses.

The Shadow
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Pass on a receiver, thank you very much.

Lurker64
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't think either scenario is likely to happen, honestly. Receivers in the NFL bust so frequently, and even the top guys with all the physical ability, potential, and production in the world oftentimes amount to nothing.

Ted seems to have zoned in on two things that indicate that a receiver will have value to an NFL team, even if he doesn't become a superstar:
1) Has great hands.
2) Runs great, pro style, routes.
(You might also add 3) Down to earth.)

If you get a guy who can always runs crisp and precise routes and almost always catches the ball when it's thrown to him, you can do a lot with that guy. Sometimes that guy is going to become a superstar, and sometimes he's just going to be a role player. Plus, when you get guys who come in more humble than cocky, the odds of that guy turning into any sort of locker room cancer are very low.

Neither Harvin nor Crabtree really strike me as Thompson sort of picks at WR. Neither guy played in anything close to an NFL passing offense and both would be really, really raw when it came to NFL passing routes and would contribute next to nothing in this offense for a year or two. And while Crabtree's hands are excellent, Harvin's are simply "good, but not great". Both guys are reported to be a little high on themselves as well.

So I just don't see either guy being likely Thompson picks. Thompson has a rubric for WRs, and it seems to work for him since there's no position that he's drafted as well as WR (he's found at least one NFL calibre guy in every single draft, largely from small schools no less,, including probably the only superstar he's drafted so far, without ever spending a first round pick on one).

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Pass on a receiver, thank you very much.

:rs:

Partial
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
How many times do we get to hear this story? I am not saying that smaller receivers can't make in the NFL and he was a game changer in college, but I just don't see the polish, very comparable to Ted Ginn although I think Percy is a little bit more fluid of an offensive weapon where Ginn reminds me more of a trackstar, but Harvins size does concern me. Sure Steve Smith is small but he is stacked, really put together 5-8 200 pounds. Harvin is just shy of 6 feet and is 192 pounds, decent but jus tooks a little lanky, maybe frail if you want an extreme view.

Percy Harvin is either going to be a total bust with injury issues throughout his 4 year career or he is going to be pretty damn dynamic. I personally just don't know probably because I wasn't sitting next the Harvins, and eyeing up mommy. What I have seen is the guy is a dynamic football player with the ball in his hands but I just don't see him as a number one receiver, someone where you through the ball to 10 to 12 times a game. I think of Reggie Bush when I see Harvin's highlight films. Might not have a position in the NFL. I don't draft a guy in the first round to return kicks and run reverses.

I agree almost 100%. He's really lanky and needs to put on size. One has to assume he can do that still, as 6" 190 is pretty damn thin when you're at low body fat.

You're probably right that he is either dynamic or a bust. Ultimately it will come down to A) if he stays healthy and B) how he's used. The Reggie Bush comparison is one I made and I think its a very good one.

You guys (other than Nutz) are looking at the picture the wrong way. This guy isn't going to be first round worthy if you use him as you do a Nelson or Jones.

Two of the most dynamic play makers in the league don't have true positions. They are Westbrook and Bush. Both line up wide, but rarely are they running anything other than a 5-7 yard route. They both are at their best in space, via receiving a pitch or catching a pass in the flat.

Harvin is that sort of player. He's a shifty, fast little bugger who is basically a splitting image of Reggie Bush coming out of college.

The NFL is all about matchups, and this catch paired with Jermichael Finley and two receivers makes a hell of a match-up problem for a defense. Especially if your offensive line is good enough that their is a legit threat to run the ball.

I don't think it's going to happen, nor is that what the discussion is really about. It's about whether you'd be fired up to add one of these two dynamic playmakers to the arsenal.

Joemailman
04-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd rather concentrate on defense and offensive tackle early and look for a guy like Johnny Knox in Round 4-5. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1661887

BZnDallas
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
am i wrong or does Harvin have injury issues??... how much as TT been jumped on by people in the forum for using his first round pick on Harrell (injury issues)... so heres the million dollar question (pun intended), everybody that wants TT to trade down and draft Harvin, are you willing to give TT a pass if the guy doesn't play much due to injury?... if so, why all the hate for Harrell??... just curious... :?:

Joemailman
04-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Harvin had a few injuries, but nothing serious. I don't think that's what has the potential to hurt his draft standing.

Partial
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd rather concentrate on defense and offensive tackle early and look for a guy like Johnny Knox in Round 4-5. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1661887

I feel like someone else from the Pack played at Abilene Christian. Do you know who? Was it Corey Rodgers?

BZnDallas
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM

I feel like someone else from the Pack played at Abilene Christian. Do you know who? Was it Corey Rodgers?

if memory serves me correctly i believe you are correct Partial... it was the 'gun toting' corey rodgers

edit: oops upon further review, Corey Rodgers played at TCU... my bad..

Fritz
04-20-2009, 07:00 AM

Johnny Knox? Isn't he filming The Dukes of Hazzard, Part II?

RashanGary
04-20-2009, 07:03 AM
You might be right, Partial. Harvin could be on of the great playmakers picked up outside of the top 10 and many teams might look back in hindsight wishing they had him.

He's not quite as dynamic as DeSean Jackson, but he's a lot stronger. I like what I see of Harvin better than Crabtree (who catches everything wide open from a spread offense) and doesn't play very tough.

Packnut
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Great idea! By taking Harvin, Jolly would have someone to get high with......

PlantPage55
04-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Here's the problem with having a Fitz/Boldin type combo. There aren't enough balls to go around. There just aren't.

You wanna pay 2 top flight receivers like that? Look at the problems Arizona had with getting both of their deals done. And Boldin's not happy.

I just think a clear #1 - #2 - #3 progression works much better than trying to stack the receiving corps. If anything, we could use a top flight RUNNING BACK with our 1st pick, if we go with a skill position. Balance this offense out a bit.

run pMc
04-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Offensive tackles do very rarely. Other than Tony Mandarich and Robert Gallery, there really haven't been any OT busts in the first round in the modern era.

I don't think Ross Verba counts, but how about John Michels? Mike Williams?
OK, so there have been a few OT busts, but I agree the WR bust rate is MUCH higher. I'm starting to think TT should trade down for a late R1 and a R2, pick W.Beatty as the future LT, and maybe look at OLB's with the R2 picks.

Taking a WR in R1 is riskier, and (ignoring BPA for the moment) not a need. I don't think TT picks a WR in R1 unless Crabtree is at 9. Good player, though. Having said that, I don't think Crabtree is available at 9...another post made a good point about teams picking before GB not having a #1 WR.

As for Harvin, there have been a lot of "character-risk" flags raised publicly, although it seems like it's pot-related. He might have some bad friends...dunno. Could just be a smokescreen by another agent or a personnel guy. Either way, I don't think a guy like Harvin (character risk WR out of UF) is worthy of the #9 pick, and even if TT was sitting at #20 I'm not sure he takes him. I have trouble envisioning him beating Driver, Jennings, Nelson, and Jones for the top spot anytime soon, and spending your R1 on a #4 or #5 WR is highly questionable.

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
If Crabtree drops, draft him. I don't want any of the other receivers--even with a trade down.

chain_gang
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I would love to see Crabs fall, he's a Dwayne Bowe type with better hands, making him as close to a Sterling Sharpe clone as I have seen. He may not have the greatest speed, but he makes the secondary work to bring him down, and does not shy away from contact. Crabs is the type of receiver you want in GB in the months of Nov, Dec, Jan. Harvin is the type you want if you have a dome overhead or play in a warm weather city. Imagine defenders trying to bring down Crabs in crappy weather, they'll have to have textbook tackles on the guy.

Here's a sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm9gAYutAwg&feature=related

Partial
04-20-2009, 01:16 PM
You might be right, Partial. Harvin could be on of the great playmakers picked up outside of the top 10 and many teams might look back in hindsight wishing they had him.

He's not quite as dynamic as DeSean Jackson, but he's a lot stronger. I like what I see of Harvin better than Crabtree (who catches everything wide open from a spread offense) and doesn't play very tough.

I have no idea if he's stronger, but I definitely think he is shiftier and faster than Jackson. He reminds me more of Bush than Jackson, and imo will be used more like Bush (scat back) than Jackson (they send him deep a lot)

I don't know what Crabtree you're watching, but I'm seeing a guy who consistently beats double coverage and is a man among boys on the field.

Lurker64
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't know what Crabtree you're watching, but I'm seeing a guy who consistently beats double coverage and is a man among boys on the field.

At the same time though, Big 12 defenses are notoriously bad at stopping the Big 12 spread offense.

Partial
04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
The only problem I could see with Crabs is the Bolden/Fitz not enough balls scenario. I just don't see any way this guy busts. He's incredibly talented.

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Here's the problem with having a Fitz/Boldin type combo. There aren't enough balls to go around. There just aren't.

You wanna pay 2 top flight receivers like that? Look at the problems Arizona had with getting both of their deals done. And Boldin's not happy.

I just think a clear #1 - #2 - #3 progression works much better than trying to stack the receiving corps. If anything, we could use a top flight RUNNING BACK with our 1st pick, if we go with a skill position. Balance this offense out a bit.

Arizona is a very cheap franchise. That is the reason why they "don't" have the money to go around. Bolden is also a client of the devil. Two things that cause problems with having two standout WRs

cpk1994
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM

At the same time though, Big 12 defenses are notoriously bad at stopping the Big 12 spread offense.You know the old saying, "There's no 'D' in Big 12". I feel that, along with the Texas tech system, is why I would stay away from him. I think he is a system WR.

Partial
04-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas all had decent defensives.

I don't know how you guys can think "System receiver" where he see a clip like this where he is quite frankly a man among boys. This guy is crazy good. He's an elite prospect, and not based on his combine measurables like Charles Rodgers, Dante Stallworth, etc. This cat is all college production. That right there should say everything you need to know.

IMO, this guy is the premiere player in the draft. This guy is up there with Calvin and Fitz in terms of prospects.

Note he has a knack for the big play in the big moment. This guy is a straight up gamer.

He could be playing div 1 basketball. That shows what kind of an elite athlete he is. He defines game speed versus 40 speed. He is the fastest player on the field during the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJZsjImymc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fblogs%2Fsport s%2F42613727.html&feature=player_embedded

PlantPage55
04-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know how you guys can think "System receiver" where he see a clip like this where he is quite frankly a man among boys. This guy is crazy good. He's an elite prospect, and not based on his combine measurables like Charles Rodgers, Dante Stallworth, etc. This cat is all college production.

He is elite and he WILL succeed in the NFL, you're right, Partial. And hey, I couldn't argue with adding a player of his caliber to this team. The more I think about it...I'd take him any day.

Partial
04-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Here's a good clip of Harvin. I think Florida did a very good job using this player.

He defines System receiver imo. You've got to use him in a certain way to really get the benefit of a guy like him. Sending him out on deep patterns play after play is not doing justice to his unique skill set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--XTjboDI

One thing this clip shows is that he always has good blocking, and that could be why he looks so much faster than everyone else.

The clip posted makes him look for of a north and south player than Bush. I don't know if thats actually reflected on a typical play. He likes to use space laterally a lot from what I've seen.

Lurker64
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM

They did? In terms of "2008 division I football passing defense" Oklahoma was 99th in the nation, Texas was 104th in the nation, Kansas was 114th in the nation, and Missouri was 117th in the nation. In rushing defense all those teams did well (3, 20, 28, 31), but the rush defenses weren't expected to stop Crabtree. That's the pass defense's job, and nobody in the big 12 stopped anybody from throwing the ball, the most successful passing defense in the big 12 belonged to lowly Colorado who finished 72nd in the nation (behind eight of the eleven big ten teams).

In terms of scoring defense, Texas finished a respectable 18th, but Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas were 58th, 69th, and 82nd in the nation.

I wouldn't say any of these are "decent". There are only 119 teams in division I FBS college football.

(You can find these statistics here (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp))

Partial
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM

They did? In terms of "2008 division I football passing defense" Oklahoma was 99th in the nation, Texas was 104th in the nation, Kansas was 114th in the nation, and Missouri was 117th in the nation. In rushing defense all those teams did well (3, 20, 28, 31), but the rush defenses weren't expected to stop Crabtree. That's the pass defense's job, and nobody in the big 12 stopped anybody from throwing the ball, the most successful passing defense in the big 12 belonged to lowly Colorado who finished 72nd in the nation (behind eight of the eleven big ten teams).

In terms of scoring defense, Texas finished a respectable 18th, but Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas were 58th, 69th, and 82nd in the nation.

I wouldn't say any of these are "decent". There are only 119 teams in division I FBS college football.

(You can find these statistics here (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp))

That's fair I only looked up total defense. Maybe the reason the defenses ranked so low was 'cause of Crabtree destroying them :D Just kidding

Zool
04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Chicken and egg I suppose. Is the O so good because the D's suck, or do the D's suck because the O's are so good?

Also, being highly ranked in the Big10 for passing D.....not exactly a telling stat.

Bossman641
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Here's a good clip of Harvin. I think Florida did a very good job using this player.

He defines System receiver imo. You've got to use him in a certain way to really get the benefit of a guy like him. Sending him out on deep patterns play after play is not doing justice to his unique skill set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34--XTjboDI

One thing this clip shows is that he always has good blocking, and that could be why he looks so much faster than everyone else.

The clip posted makes him look for of a north and south player than Bush. I don't know if thats actually reflected on a typical play. He likes to use space laterally a lot from what I've seen.

Harvin is north and south. He doesn't do a lot of dancing around, moving laterally. He finds a crack and hits it, and once he gets through nobody catches him from behind.

He'd be a nice weapon to have from time to time, a luxury, but I wouldn't want him on the Packers.

Partial
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know about that BMan. I've watched a good amount of Florida games and he dances a lot like Bush imo. Agree to disagree. I don't think that highlight was necessarily reflective of a typical Harvin run.

However, if I'm wrong and he's more of a north south guy, that will ultimately help him in the NFL.

Maybe not exactly Bush, but the more I think of it the more he kind of reminds me of DD when the ball is in his hands. A little shake and bake to him.

Bretsky
04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
If Crabtree drops, draft him. I don't want any of the other receivers--even with a trade down.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Partial
04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I just stumbled across this when doing some Googling on Orakpo. Interesting comparisons. Maualuga compared to Seau is a bit heavy, but I can see it. Guy is a beast inside!

The comparison for Harvin is Reggie Bush. I'm impressed with myself :)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Prospect-Comparisons.php

Partial
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Scott Wright has us taking TyJack.

RashanGary
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
wrong thread.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Bump.

Love this kid. He is going to be a bonafide star.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Joe good call on Johnny Knox. He looks like great Value so far.

mission
09-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Who, Crabtree?

th87
09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Bump.

Love this kid. He is going to be a bonafide star.

Done masturbating?

Partial
09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
http://vikings.fandome.com/video/115677/Percy-Harvins-101-Yard-Kickoff-Return-TD/?q=c

Boom. Fast as a mofo.