PDA

View Full Version : WAYNE LARIVEE INTERVIEW- Hope Renewed for the CRAB TRAIN

Bretsky
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Just listened to a great interview out of the Packer Milwaukee Flagship station. They were going into Packer needs and just discussed need versus BPA.

Michael Crabtree came up and the question was posed as what if he were there when a OT of need or DL of need was still there.

Larivee Answered" The Packers love his combination of size, speed and strenght. I've been told if Michael Crabtree is there at 9 they will take him".

He went on to note they do not expect him to fall...........but if he does......

Went on to say Crabtree is though of as one of the few, very few, dominant players in this years draft.

The past couple weeks of need need need calls had me losing faith.

But it's revived again.

LAST CALL: ALL ABOARD THE CRABTEE TRAIN !!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Smoke screen.

CaptainKickass
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Dude -

Just because The Cole Train left town for Seattle and leaves your genitals a bit sandy, doesn't mean the time is right for another internet bandwagon with the word train in it.

Besides - the thing that made "The Cole Train" what it was...was quite simply it's clever play on words, reminding everyone of that 'ol Skool TV show - "The Soul Train"

Perhaps you'd be better served by a name that has more "zing" and fits better with the athlete in question.

Why, just off the top of my head I get:

- Everyone jump into "The Crab Pot"
- Everyone's stuck in "The Crab Basket"
- If I'm a white dude and I don't mind if the Packers pick Crabtree - that makes me a "Crab Cracker"

I know it'd be easier if crabs actually grew on trees - but hey, thems the brakes, and the hand we've been dealt. You get the idea.

I'm just here to help,

Regards,

The Captain

Bretsky
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Smoke screen.

Just the fact that I'd praise TT for taking BPA in this instance is fact enough that it will not happen

Bretsky
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Dude -

Just because The Cole Train left town for Seattle and leaves your genitals a bit sandy, doesn't mean the time is right for another internet bandwagon with the word train in it.

Besides - the thing that made "The Cole Train" what it was...was quite simply it's clever play on words, reminding everyone of that 'ol Skool TV show - "The Soul Train"

Perhaps you'd be better served by a name that has more "zing" and fits better with the athlete in question.

- If I'm a white dude and I don't mind if the Packers pick Crabtree - that makes me a "Crab Cracker"

I know it'd be easier if crabs actually grew on trees - but hey, thems the brakes, and the hand we've been dealt. You get the idea.

I'm just here to help,

Regards,

The Captain

There was like two people on the Cole Train; they didn't get enough people on board to buy a gallon of gas :!:

But you are right; I need a new name.

The Crab Basket is a nice one but we already have our Basket in here with Skin

CaptainKickass
04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
There was like two people on the Cole Train

That may be -

But it ain't the size of the train that counts bro, it's how frickin clever the damn nick name is.

Whay you gotta be such a crab anyway?

Speaking of Crabtree - I just thought of another one - and I am straight retarded - how's about:

"Everyone start investing in the "Itchy Genitals Forestry" industry. I hear it's gonna be a boom for Wisconsin's economy."

"Crabtree"

"Itchy Genitals Forestry"

Get it?

Partial
04-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Fully on board with crabs. I'd love to have crabs :lol:

swede
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Sign over urinal in The Shack, College Avenue, Appleton, circa 1980:

Stop throwing toothpicks in the urinal!

Crabs can pole vault!

CaptainKickass
04-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I'd love to have crabs

I can see the JSO headline and now:

"Packers get 'The Crabs' during the draft"

(Sometimes.......I just kill me.)

Joemailman
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Thompson Passes On BJ; End Up With Crabs

Fritz
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Dude -

I'm just here to help,

Regards,

The Captain

Cap'n -

No offense, but if you was really old skoo you mighta thought the "Cole Train" was a reference to John Coltrane.

As for the Crab thing, we all know that if the Packers pick Crabtree, Thompson will have crabs.

CaptainKickass
04-20-2009, 08:36 PM
damn wrong thread!

Edit:

Joe mailman - NOW YOU'RE COOKING WITH BUTTER!

Zool
04-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Winner

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM

And Zool thought that he was the funny one.

digitaldean
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Time Warner has a sports channel that has a talk show based out of Milw. w/Dennis Krause (does pregame on Packer Radio Network).

Larrivee was one of his guests last week. He pretty much repeated word for word that the Packers would take Crabtree if he fell to them.

But, then again, I have better luck of hitting the PowerBall numbers this week....

mission
04-21-2009, 02:18 AM
I think taking Crabtree would be a ballsy ass pick for TT given the circumstances and admittedly, I'd be a bit anxious about it ... but the upside is massive and I'd be way behind it in curiosity if anything.

SnakeLH2006
04-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Fully on board with crabs. I'd love to have crabs :lol:

??????? :wow:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Partial, let Snake be the first to say that is nothing you'd prob. want (not like Snake would know first hand), yet you'd have to have sex at least once to "get" crabs. You are only 14 though, so maybe one day you'll find out at a party (........if you sneak in, of course, start throwing cash around, and don't speak to anyone............at all). :lol: :lol:

DonHutson
04-22-2009, 11:31 AM
I think taking Crabtree would be a ballsy ass pick for TT given the circumstances and admittedly, I'd be a bit anxious about it ... but the upside is massive and I'd be way behind it in curiosity if anything.

I don't think he'll be there, but if they really think he's one of only 2 or 3 dominant players in the draft then they have to take him at #9 if he actually slips through.

Who cares that WR is currently the strongest position on the team already? You can't predict needs down the road. Yeah, Driver is coming off another 1,000 yard season, Jennings expressed a desire to resign and Ted can usually keep who he wants to keep, and Nelson and Jones seem promising.

But it's certainly not inconceivable that age catches up to Driver, talks fall apart with Jennings, and Jones continues to be more of a teaser than a pleaser. Then we'd be sitting here a year from now wondering who the hell will play opposite Nelson.

There is never a situation where you don't need another great player. If you think someone is head and shoulders better than anyone else on your board, you take him and don't apologize.