PDA

View Full Version : WHAT in the World Happened ?? with that thread

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Why did the "WHAT in the World Happened ??" thread get locked?

Please send me an PM if national defense secrets involved. It's just odd. It seemed like the thread was already dead.

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree. Don't lock it. It would have faded off page one anyways.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 10:32 PM
The topic wasn't that sensitive, but maybe thought was info could be useful to a hacker. Hard to figgah.

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM
It wasn't moved you jackass

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Nutz, remember a few days ago I said there was something thick about you?

Anyway, I think the thread might have been locked to prevent me saying something embarassing about Madtown. (Not that this is the sort of thing I am prone to do.) Maybe not . MAd did a really good job figuring out the problem.

Partial
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I liked it, because nothing good was going to come of it. I saw spiteful words coming. The site is back up. The site is back up. I used my best judgement on the matter.

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Nutz, remember a few days ago I said there was something thick about you?

Anyway, I think the thread might have been locked to prevent me saying something embarassing about Madtown. (Not that this is the sort of thing I am prone to do.) Maybe not . MAd did a really good job figuring out the problem.

It is only locked
:mrgreen:

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 11:17 PM
And it was good judgement. Harlan and I would have been fine; if he was mad at me he'd have just sent that dam blue dog over to hump my wife's leg again. But there was really no reason to have it around anymore. Mazzin at one point suggested zapping the monster thread; we could have done the same with that one.

Cheers,
B

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Partial, I don't think it's right to lock threads short of pending holocaust.

Well, actually, if an argument really gets raging, probably a good idea to lock it, cool things down without actually censoring. I think you misread that thread, it was about as hot as two old men on a porch arguing over checkers.

My paranoid mind thought Mad might have told you to close it, since my tongue was ramblin. The site failed yesterday because of some mods Mad made a while ago to the software. But he did a really good job figuring out the problem and correcting it. I wasn't gonna give him shit about it!

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
I agree. I just don't like the precedence it sets.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 11:22 PM
But there was really no reason to have it around anymore. Mazzin at one point suggested zapping the monster thread; we could have done the same with that one.

I really don't agree with zapping threads until they are long dead. For instance, zappin this last one got me to thinking WTF? and coming-up with conspiracy theories. That thread was still warm, human presence only hour ago.

edit: whups. Guess this one wasn't zapped, just locked. but same principle.

Umm, somebody suggested today erasing the long thread of recent argument. Nah! This is supposed to be no censorship site, at least within some bounds. Should delete stuff unless it is long, long dead.

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 11:28 PM
To be honest I don't care enough to argue this point. I trust the mods and would rarely question them. I'm just an easy going kind of guy that does not like it when people start throwing darts at each other.

Cheers,
B

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree that LOCKING threads is a good idea if things really get heated and ugly. But pre-emptive locking: nah.

Partial
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
It doesn't happen often and I don't expect to have to do it again. Perhaps I did misinterpret it, but I did not think it was necessary to keep beating a dead horse. All in well in Packer Rat land

MadtownPacker
07-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Damn, you guys better not mess around or Partial will toast your ass!! Hahaha!!

retailguy
07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I agree that LOCKING threads is a good idea if things really get heated and ugly. But pre-emptive locking: nah.

Harlan,

You and I have sparred in the past about similar issues, however, in this case I think you are right on the money. Bretsky, I think you minimize the situation a tad bit. Things don't get "out of control" over one decision, but the cumulative effect of many. The "cumulative effect" starts with ONE.

Honestly, upon reading the thread, I see ZERO reasons to lock it, unless there is a bunch of information we don't have.... which would not be a good thing.

In the end, the "mods" can do whatever they want whether I like it or not, however, it seems that the stated "mission" is being amended. If that is the case, the general "peon" membership is entitled to be told.

retailguy
07-14-2006, 10:32 AM
All in well in Packer Rat land

Why? Because you said so? Seems to me that Harlan said he didn't think all was well. Why is he wrong?

Pack0514
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I liked it, because nothing good was going to come of it. I saw spiteful words coming. The site is back up. The site is back up. I used my best judgement on the matter.

http://www.hkjstore.com/flag/ussr.gif

:lol: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Partial sure is taking a roasting!

i wouldn't blame ya for locking this baby, P. :smile:

I looked at the thread again, I can see how someone might have thought a fight was breaking out. So I think we can give Partial a break. This time - next time we cut off the little fascist's balls. :smile:

retailguy
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I looked at the thread again, I can see how someone might have thought a fight was breaking out.

Well, who cares if it "looks" like a fight was going to break out? Shouldn't we wait for the fight to actually break out?

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but what is to stop someone from "banning" someone because it "looks" like they're going to become a hacker.

I just didn't like partials response of "I saw spiteful words coming." My Wal-Mart crystal ball never seems to work that well. I'd like to hear him defend that. Seems to me that "IF" he over-reacted he could unlock the thread and all us chickens could quit clucking.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Well, who cares if it "looks" like a fight was going to break out? Shouldn't we wait for the fight to actually break out?

well, ya, I agree. but lets give Partial a pass. I expect he is in tears right now, turning-in his badge to Madtown.

retailguy
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
well, ya, I agree. but lets give Partial a pass. I expect he is in tears right now, turning-in his badge to Madtown.

Either that, or he's determined that we're "Kurds" and need to be gassed...

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2006, 11:02 AM
doesn't matter. Mad has final say in all executions.

retailguy
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
doesn't matter. Mad has final say in all executions.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? Or just get me comfortable for the final execution?

the_idle_threat
07-14-2006, 10:50 PM
It is to inform you that the method of execution is being strung up and beaten with a stick.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2006, 11:00 PM
last meal: tacos. fucking tacos.

Deputy Nutz
07-14-2006, 11:12 PM
If I had to be executed, which there are some out there that think I should be, I would eat the worst two day old mexican food they could round up. that way I would leave one hell of a smelling mess for them to clean up.