PDA

View Full Version : Madden '10 Cover

Brando19
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
The finalists (9 of them) for the Madden 2010 cover have been announced here.. http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action

I would like to see Larry Fitzgerald on the cover.

Lurker64
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Assuming the Madden Curse is still in effect, totally Adrian Peterson.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Yep. This is going to be a landslide.

Last year, the Madden Curse jinxed both Favre and the team whose uniform he was wearing on the cover, the Packers.

Partial
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Don't believe in curses, so I say Fitz is probably the guy, or Big Ben.

Waldo
04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
God I hope it's AD.

Eddie George was the last one to come out of it unscathed.

Since then nobody has had a good season, and I believe nobody has ever had a good season afterwards.

The cover put your boy on the bench for good Partial, killed his career.

BallHawk
04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't see Taco Wallace here.....

Is he already on the "Cooking Mama" cover?

DannoMac21
04-22-2009, 01:12 AM
God I hope it's AD.

Eddie George was the last one to come out of it unscathed.

Since then nobody has had a good season, and I believe nobody has ever had a good season afterwards.

The cover put your boy on the bench for good Partial, killed his career.

Vick was decent after his appearance on Madden 2004. Ray Lewis has been good after Madden 2005. McNabb's been good after Madden 2006.

The fact Vince Young was on a Madden cover is a joke.

EDIT: And for Fitz's sake, I hope it's not him. I hope it's Peterson.

PlantPage55
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM
What the shit is Matt Cassell doing on that list? Jeez, EA...one of these things is not like the other...

CaptainKickass
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I voted for AP for what should be obvious reasons as pointed out by Lurker.

packers11
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Vick was decent after his appearance on Madden 2004. Ray Lewis has been good after Madden 2005. McNabb's been good after Madden 2006.

What are you talking about???

"Literally days after Madden 2004 was released, Vick injures his fibula and misses all but 5 games of the Atlanta Falcons season. The Falcons ended up with a 5-11 record."

"After earning the honor to appear on the 2005 edition, Lewis looked to be the player to break the curse.But, he broke his wrist in the second last game of the season. "

"After making it to the Super Bowl in 04-05, Mcnabb suffered a sports hernia in the first game of the season, feuded all year with Terrell Owens, and then finally decided to have his injury surgically repaired, effectively ending his season after only 10 games."

"Never missing a game in his career before gracing the cover, the Madden Curse proved to be too much for even Shaun Alexander as he cracked a bone in his foot and was injured for several weeks "

:cnf: What world do you live in? Vick didn't even play half of his games...

packers11
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Adrian Peterson recently rejected an offer to be on the cover of EA Sports' Madden football game, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Waldo
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Shoot.

I was hoping the curse found it's way to Mn.

DannoMac21
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM

What are you talking about???

"Literally days after Madden 2004 was released, Vick injures his fibula and misses all but 5 games of the Atlanta Falcons season. The Falcons ended up with a 5-11 record."

"After earning the honor to appear on the 2005 edition, Lewis looked to be the player to break the curse.But, he broke his wrist in the second last game of the season. "

"After making it to the Super Bowl in 04-05, Mcnabb suffered a sports hernia in the first game of the season, feuded all year with Terrell Owens, and then finally decided to have his injury surgically repaired, effectively ending his season after only 10 games."

"Never missing a game in his career before gracing the cover, the Madden Curse proved to be too much for even Shaun Alexander as he cracked a bone in his foot and was injured for several weeks "

:cnf: What world do you live in? Vick didn't even play half of his games...

I'm not talking about the season of, dumbass. I was pointing out the fact that someone said that players on the cover of Madden since Eddie George haven't had ANY good seasons after their Madden cover appearance.

Vick was good after Madden 2004. Ray Lewis and McNabb were solid after 05 and 06. Not single seasons.

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Where's the OTHER option? Snake votes Madden himself as he now is retired, he deserves that much for helping EA sell billions of dollars of crappy NFL games that couldn't touch the excellence of NFL 2K (till they bought them out of business with EA's exclusive NFL deal).

Though with that dreadful curse, he'd prob. pull a Stallworth, with him and Pat Summerall getting blitzed in that Madden Cruiser, running over beavers, deer, and rednecks on the backroads of Kiln, Mississippi. :shock:

Partial
04-23-2009, 12:51 AM
I think the exclusive contract ends this year or next. I wonder if it will get renewed?

EDit: It expired in 2009 but was renewed through 2012. Lame. 2k5 (I think) was one of the better football games ever.

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 01:52 AM
I think the exclusive contract ends this year or next. I wonder if it will get renewed?

:lol: :lol:

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 01:53 AM

EDit: It expired in 2009 but was renewed through 2012. Lame. 2k5 (I think) was one of the better football games ever.

Partial, that is your most concise post EVER!! Congrats, bro. Yet Snake would own your ass at any NFL 2K game or even the Madden's (even though I hate it)...I own and pwn them them all flawlessly. 8-)

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Trust that. 8-)

Partial
04-23-2009, 02:37 AM
I don't have any of the newer maddens, but I'm basically unbeatable at 07 on regular xbox. Then again, I never have played online so I'm sure there are some really good people out there that I've never faced and would get whooped by.

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 02:44 AM
I don't have any of the newer maddens, but I'm basically unbeatable at 07 on regular xbox. Then again, I never have played online so I'm sure there are some really good people out there that I've never faced and would get whooped by.

Well get online bro. I spend my online time (got a 360, PS3, and Wii which is garbage) playing Call of Duty 4 and World at War (and totally own mofo's bad-like and you can check my stats) or Fight Night 3 or NBA 2k9 (beast on there too). I gave up on football when EA raped the exclusivity deal with the NFL to black out 2K Sports.

Bottom Line: Get online with a 360 and Snake will talk trash and whoop you handily, or any other Rat who dares to show up. 8-) :shock: :lol: Just ask, and get my tag for LIVE.

PlantPage55
04-23-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm not talking about the season of, dumbass. I was pointing out the fact that someone said that players on the cover of Madden since Eddie George haven't had ANY good seasons after their Madden cover appearance.

Vick was good after Madden 2004. Ray Lewis and McNabb were solid after 05 and 06. Not single seasons.

That's fine, but it's pointless, "dumbass" - because the curse is, by definition, a single season thing. :roll:

packers11
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM

That's fine, but it's pointless, "dumbass" - because the curse is, by definition, a single season thing. :roll:

Which what I was trying to prove... I guess Danno took it the wrong way , I must have read his post wrong... I guess he thought it was forever and ever :lol:

Brando19
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Which what I was trying to prove... I guess Danno took it the wrong way , I must have read his post wrong... I guess he thought it was forever and ever :lol:

I thought it was common sense that the curse was the year after. DannoMac must have thought it was every season after. Oh well...I don't know if it deserved a "dumbass" but whatever.

packers11
04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/firstcuts/entry/view/23404/polamalu,_fitzgerald_land_madden_nfl_10_cover

Polamalu, Fitzgerald Land Madden NFL 10 Cover

:lol: they put two players... if both get hurt no one will ever go on madden cover again...