PDA

View Full Version : Partial's Big Board 2009 edition

Partial
04-22-2009, 01:08 AM
2008 was a hiatus because let's face it, picking at the bottom of the draft sucks balls.

1. Miguel Crabtree
2. Jason Smith
3. Eugune Monroe
4. Rey Maualuga
5. Andre Smith
6. Brian Orakpo
7. Tyson Jackson
8. Aaron Curry
9. Bill Ayers
10. Mark Sanchez
11. Percival Harvin
12. Malcome Jenkins
13. Larry English
14. Clay Matthews
15. Beanie Wells
16. Matt Stafford
17. Jeremy Maclin
18. Brian Cushing
19. Phil Loadholt
20. Connor Barwin
21. Knowshon Moreno
22. Biege Raji
23. Clint Sintim
24. Perry Jerry
25. Max Unger
26. Mike Oher
27. Hakeem Nicks
28. Alphonso Smith
29. Vontae Davis
30. Brandon Pettigrew
31. Sean Smith
32. Alex Magee

3irty1
04-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Whats the reason for the crush on Phil Loadholt?

Rastak
04-22-2009, 06:06 AM

I think he'll make an ass kicking right tackle. Several mocks have the Vikings taking him in round 2. I'd be more than fine if they (Vikes) traded back a couple of spots in the first, then grabbed him.

Joemailman
04-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Partial, I think that should be Robert Ayers, not Bill Ayers. Bill Ayers is way past his prime. :D

Partial
04-22-2009, 12:09 PM

I think he'll be a better LT than Oher, thats for sure. He's a good player without questionable smarts and dedication.

RashanGary
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
1. BJ Raji
2. Jason Smith
3. Eugene Monroe
4. Andre Smith (might be undraftable because of character, but great player)
5. Matthew Stafford (never know with QB's, but if they pan out it's better than any other pick)
6. Mark Sanchez (same as Stafford)
7. Tyson Jackson
8. Aaron Curry
9. Knoshown Moreno
10. Malcolm Jenkins
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Michael Oher
13. Evander Hood
14. Donald Brown
15. Eben Britton
16. Louis Delmas
17. Alex Mack
18. Alphonso Smith
19. Brian Orakpo
20. Everette Brown
21. Aaron Maybin
22. Kenny Britt
23. James Laurinatis
24. Connor Barwin
25. Eric Wood
26. Percy Harvin
27. Brandon Pettigrew
28. Rey Maualuga
29. Chris Wells
30. DJ Moore
31. Antoine Caldwell
32. Josh Freeman

retailguy
04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
2008 was a hiatus because let's face it, picking at the bottom of the draft sucks balls.

Really? Seems to me that Pittsburg, New England, and Indy have done fairly well in that position... :P

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM

I think he'll be a better LT than Oher, thats for sure. He's a good player without questionable smarts and dedication.

You've watched how much film on Loadholt? :roll:

Partial
04-22-2009, 07:25 PM

More than I've watched of Oher. He's a big, studly OT protection Sam Bradford. I'm sure he's going to be solid.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM

More than I've watched of Oher. He's a big, studly OT protection Sam Bradford. I'm sure he's going to be solid.

You haven't watched any film. Get serious.

Without questionable smarts/dedication...so, how did he wind up at a juco?

You mean the same guy who was academically ineligible to play football coming out of high school?

You mean the same guy scouts have said isn't a self starter, has weight problems, and doesn't play aggressive?

You mean the same guy who wasn't smart enough to get the right classes at juco so he could transfer to LSU?

You mean the same guy who struggles with speed of the edge in college...yep, that couldn't be a problem at the next level. I guess those scouts predicting RT are doing it because he can handle the quick ends. :roll:

You mean the same guy who plays high and without proper leverage quite a bit..which leads to him being off balance?

You mean the same guy who struggled against just about everyone he played against at the Senior Bowl. His projection as a second- rounder is based upon his size and potential, not on his play.

You mean the same guy who scouts have questioned his intelligence.

You mean the same guy who had off field troubles and has character issues?

Aren't you the same guy who is adamant about drunk driving..yet you are extolling a player who had TWO FUCKING ARRESTS including a DUI in 2 years? :roll:

Partial
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
No Ty, I didn't know most of that stuff. You really served me with your Googling :) Scouts are loving this guy and he's flying up boards. From everything I'm reading my ranking of him is just about correct.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
No Ty, I didn't know most of that stuff. You really served me with your Googling :) Scouts are loving this guy and he's flying up boards. From everything I'm reading my ranking of him is just about correct.

Scouts are loving? LOL

Many are saying he is too much of a risk to even take higher than the 4th round.

You didn't know: What a surprise..yet, you feel confident to speak about his dedication and smarts. :oops:

P.S. I could go thru your list and repeat this several times.

Partial
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Good thing it's MY list then, and not yours :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 08:55 PM

Why bother. It is quite evident you can't evaluate talent, nor are you familiar with the players.

Partial
04-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Why bother. It is quite evident you can't evaluate talent, nor are you familiar with the players.

OK Ty, I guess no one is allowed to have any fun. I would put my ability to recognize talent above yours (Darren McFadden is A SURE FIRE STUD!).

Familiar with players: Pardon me for reading about how a big, physical talent is climbing up draft boards like crazy and put him in my top 30 without knowing every single detail about him... You're a freak dude

Mazzin
04-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Honest question here guys......Does Partial = Baby Tank - SOME stupidity+ loves attention more than I did when i was 17?

That about sum it up?

Joemailman
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Loadholt may not have the feet to be a LT. Probable 2nd round pick.

Mazzin
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Darren McFadden????? Come on is that a fair opinon? He went to OAKLAND may I remind you.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM

OK Ty, I guess no one is allowed to have any fun. I would put my ability to recognize talent above yours (Darren McFadden is A SURE FIRE STUD!).

Familiar with players: Pardon me for reading about how a big, physical talent is climbing up draft boards like crazy and put him in my top 30 without knowing every single detail about him... You're a freak dude

IT would be nice if you could be accurate. I never once said "sure fire stud." That would be something only you would say.

Talent: Really? Shouldn't you be burning up the phones trying to get Money Morency a camp spot?

Reading: Oh, so now you are reading..thought it was filmwork.

Details: Every single detail? Not quite, but it would be nice if you knew something about the player...other than what you read on some website. Talking about dedication and smarts..and then being way off base...well, that is just par for the course with you.

Partial
04-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Where did I say anything about film work? I said I've seen Ok play several times. They're nationally televised... ya know, in games like the Big 10 championship, BCS championship, and countless others...

Tyrone Bigguns
04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Where did I say anything about film work? I said I've seen Ok play several times. They're nationally televised... ya know, in games like the Big 10 championship, BCS championship, and countless others...

Countless others...LOL.

Yes, watching OK on tv allows you to evaluate lineman. The cameras really focus on that. :oops:

Lurker64
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Assuming Loadholt's character flags don't keep him from playing *AND* he gets some good coaching, he can be be a really good RT for someone. Totally not worthy of a first round pick though. Definitely wouldn't fit here. I like William Beatty a lot more as an OT prospect. Loadholt's just big, he's not really good (yet). You can't coach big, but you don't need to reach for a guy just because he's big. Breno Giacomini is big.

Partial
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM
This guy is flying up draft boards Lurker. I've read in 2-3 places now that he's being looked at in the first round. I saw on the Scott Wright forums that some people have him going in the high 20s in their mocks.

retailguy
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM

IT would be nice if you could be accurate. I never once said "sure fire stud." That would be something only you would say.

Talent: Really? Shouldn't you be burning up the phones trying to get Money Morency a camp spot?

Details: Every single detail? Not quite, but it would be nice if you knew something about the player...other than what you read on some website. Talking about dedication and smarts..and then being way off base...well, that is just par for the course with you.

Mcfadden can do it all. Not saying he is a better runner, but definitely more versatile. Can you imagine if they split favre wide like they did but with Mcfadden at Qb/RB. Yikes.

I respect Mr. Wallbanger, but on this one i'm squarely in Mc's camp.

I'm sold on Mc.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=9757&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=27

I think Mendenhall is the best runner in this draft. He's quick, explosive, fast powerfull all at the same time. He's the cross between McFadden and Stuart.

He's damn near as fast and quick as McFadden and he's damn near as big as Stuart. I like Mendenhall better than Adrian Peterson or McFadden.

No way is he in Peterson's league. Not even close.

We went thru this before and you were proven wrong.

His stats are better than peterson.

Do we have to do this again?

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=11419

Partial
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM

See, I've heard the opposite. I've heard that he has long arms and is being looked at as an LT. It's sort of surprising to me that both you and Lurker are familiar with this guy and are thinking RT.

Did you read that somewhere?

retailguy
04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
there is no point in arguing with partial about Mcfadden. NO matter how much facts you throw at him, he just won't face them.

I systematically answered his bs, and proved where he was wrong..yet, he can't admit it.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=9388&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Joemailman
04-22-2009, 10:46 PM

See, I've heard the opposite. I've heard that he has long arms and is being looked at as an LT. It's sort of surprising to me that both you and Lurker are familiar with this guy and are thinking RT.

Did you read that somewhere?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1254436

Pass Blocking: His heavy feet cause problems when asked to slide out and defend on the edge, making him a better candidate for right tackle or a shift inside to guard (will not be able to handle speed moves from left tackle in the NFL). His pass set is marginal -- trips over and crosses his feet rather than playing with a wide base to anchor. He looks hesitant when trying to maintain inside leverage and re-adjust back when the defender slides off his blocks. Can be beaten by the speed rush and quick counter moves, as he generally plays with a narrow base that sees him struggle to mirror and adjust in pass protection, but with improved hand placement and punch, he can get an advantage protecting the pocket. Crosses his feet and will struggle vs. counter moves, but when he drops his pads and uses his size, he will be able to sustain. GRADE: 6.3

Zool
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Honest question here guys......Does Partial = Baby Tank - SOME stupidity+ loves attention more than I did when i was 17?

That about sum it up?

Who's worse Maz, Partial or Ty?

RashanGary
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
After reading the JS article on pass rushers, I moved Aaron Maybin way up the list. Many teams run a 4-3 and have no reason to lie about Maybin. They know he'll go to a 3-4 team before he falls to their 4-3 team in a spot their willing to spend on him. With their guard down, I think they'll tell the truth about some players, in this case, I think some of the Maybin hype might be real (or it could be a smokescreen I'm completely misreading, but that's how I'm reading it so I'm sticking with it for my bigboard).

It seems Maybin is considered a stud. There isn't much footage of him out there for us, but he seems prototypical for what we're looking for. He bulked up quickly after the season (robbing him of some of his speed at the combine), but after reading what the scouts said in the recent JS article, I'm on board for the first time. Plus, they say he dropped into coverage quite a bit and was good at it. Sounds ideal, maybe even worthy of our #1 pick if he's an all around stud at our new OLB position.

Bossman641
04-23-2009, 12:34 PM
After reading the JS article on pass rushers, I moved Aaron Maybin way up the list. Many teams run a 4-3 and have no reason to lie about Maybin. They know he'll go to a 3-4 team before he falls to their 4-3 team in a spot their willing to spend on him. With their guard down, I think they'll tell the truth about some players, in this case, I think some of the Maybin hype might be real (or it could be a smokescreen I'm completely misreading, but that's how I'm reading it so I'm sticking with it for my bigboard).

It seems Maybin is considered a stud. There isn't much footage of him out there for us, but he seems prototypical for what we're looking for. He bulked up quickly after the season (robbing him of some of his speed at the combine), but after reading what the scouts said in the recent JS article, I'm on board for the first time. Plus, they say he dropped into coverage quite a bit and was good at it. Sounds ideal, maybe even worthy of our #1 pick if he's an all around stud at our new OLB position.

Maybin is a guy I'm interested in as well. I'm not sure how much he could provide for the first year or two, but with the D staff we have assembled I could see him being a beast in 3 years.

ThunderDan
04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
What's your point retailguy? Isn't a moderator supposed to be above that kind of crap?

Partial
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Some of the things I've read about Maybin are that he is bad at using his hands when a tackle gets their hands on him, and that he isn't strong enough to bull rush.

He is really athletic from the sounds of it but green as grass. Will he develop? Who knows. If the Packers draft him I certainly hope so.

bbbffl66
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Based soley on avatars, I choose partial as winner of the debate. :shock:

RashanGary
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Partial's Avatar - The two girls on the left + a few dozen lbs on the one remaining + 1 cleft lip and 1 lazy eye + 1 tranny penis = The total number and actual quality of women Partial has slept with

Lurker64
04-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Most of those things aren't actually numbers, and the number of women anybody has slept with is... well... a number.

Also, that was totally uncalled for.

falco
04-23-2009, 05:35 PM
What's your point retailguy? Isn't a moderator supposed to be above that kind of crap?

he thinks can have his cake and eat it too...

he's not above that crap...just above everyone else here

retailguy
04-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Problem is Falco, I haven't been a moderator for several weeks. I realize that MTP hasn't removed the banner yet, but he'll get around to it. I'm just a peon, just like you. I've had enough of the "double standard". You know, the one where you like me if I agree with you, but you bash me if I disagree? Yeah, that one. Wasn't worth the effort. Dealing with folks like you has been the most unrewarding "job" I've ever had.

Dan - Just really tired of tyrone's know it all crap. It is always someone elses fault, or a twist in the words. fact is, he loved McFadden. he hasn't work out yet, so, just say it... But ty can't. just isn't part of his makeup. "argue to the death"....

retailguy
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Partial's Avatar - The two girls on the left + a few dozen lbs on the one remaining + 1 cleft lip and 1 lazy eye + 1 tranny penis = The total number and actual quality of women Partial has slept with

This is a perfect example of why I'm done moderating this place. What does this have to do with football?

falco
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Problem is Falco, I haven't been a moderator for several weeks. I realize that MTP hasn't removed the banner yet, but he'll get around to it. I'm just a peon, just like you. I've had enough of the "double standard". You know, the one where you like me if I agree with you, but you bash me if I disagree? Yeah, that one. Wasn't worth the effort. Dealing with folks like you has been the most unrewarding "job" I've ever had.

you're a joke. I've never liked you - but when I agree with you, I'll say it. I frequently found myself agreeing with you during the last days of Mike Sherman. But you were a joke of a moderator and this place is better now that you aren't.

i'm glad you are just a peon like the rest of us. i won't criticize you for being obnoxious anymore.

retailguy
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM

you're a joke. I've never liked you - but when I agree with you, I'll say it. I frequently found myself agreeing with you during the last days of Mike Sherman. But you were a joke of a moderator and this place is better now that you aren't.

i'm glad you are just a peon like the rest of us. i won't criticize you for being obnoxious anymore.

falco, I sincerely hope that the new owner watches things much more closely. You always griped when I did anything resembling what a moderator should do. Can't recall ONE time when you ever supported anything. Criticism is the easiest thing in the world to do. You're very good at it.

Someone always had a "reason" except me. You're a pretty transparent guy... Not too difficult to figure out. I'm sure you actually believe all your crap. Probably think you're a pretty fair guy too. some of us believe otherwise.

falco
04-23-2009, 07:50 PM

falco, I sincerely hope that the new owner watches things much more closely. You always griped when I did anything resembling what a moderator should do. Can't recall ONE time when you ever supported anything. Criticism is the easiest thing in the world to do. You're very good at it.

Someone always had a "reason" except me. You're a pretty transparent guy... Not too difficult to figure out. I'm sure you actually believe all your crap. Probably think you're a pretty fair guy too. some of us believe otherwise.

You are full of crap. I never once criticized your moderation, your moving or deleting of posts, etc. In fact, I feel that the moderation on this board has actually been pretty light. Very few posts were deleted or moved, and I can't think of any times they were moved unjustly. My complaint with you was simply that you felt it was fine to be a moderator when it suited you, and another poster when you wanted to verbally spar with other members of the forum. You couldn't separate yourself from your title. That's all.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-23-2009, 07:53 PM

Mcfadden can do it all. Not saying he is a better runner, but definitely more versatile. Can you imagine if they split favre wide like they did but with Mcfadden at Qb/RB. Yikes.

I respect Mr. Wallbanger, but on this one i'm squarely in Mc's camp.

I'm sold on Mc.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=9757&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=27

I think Mendenhall is the best runner in this draft. He's quick, explosive, fast powerfull all at the same time. He's the cross between McFadden and Stuart.

He's damn near as fast and quick as McFadden and he's damn near as big as Stuart. I like Mendenhall better than Adrian Peterson or McFadden.

No way is he in Peterson's league. Not even close.

We went thru this before and you were proven wrong.

His stats are better than peterson.

Do we have to do this again?

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=11419

All of that...and you can't find the words "sure fire stud."

My god, you are dense.

Nobody is disputing the fact that i liked Mcfadden, but at no point would i ever say anybody is a sure fire stud.

though, i would say you are a sure fire asshole.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Dan - Just really tired of tyrone's know it all crap. It is always someone elses fault, or a twist in the words. fact is, he loved McFadden. he hasn't work out yet, so, just say it... But ty can't. just isn't part of his makeup. "argue to the death"....

Who is denying i liked Mac? Did you find a statement like that? No.

What i said was that i never said "sure fire."

Partial
04-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Ty ty ty... You love to quote wikipedia and any other stat you can find from Googling, and then when someone cites what they've read... you jump all over them. Hilarity ensues.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Ty ty ty... You love to quote wikipedia and any other stat you can find from Googling, and then when someone cites what they've read... you jump all over them. Hilarity ensues.

Why bother posting this? Shouldn't you be looking for the "sure fire" quote? Or at least getting morency into a camp?

Partial
04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Did I say I was quoting you? Does that technicality really matter? It's quite evident what you thought.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Did I say I was quoting you? Does that technicality really matter? It's quite evident what you thought.

Find something where i imply that his success is guaranteed, that he will dominate, that he will be ROY. Find one.

P.S. This is pretty funny...you criticizing mac...as you are on record multiple times that you can't evaluate right away.