PDA

View Full Version : Corey Williams

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Funny.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2009/04/22/sports/nh788551.txt

How to motivate Williams? Draft San Jose DT Gilbert

Among the many disappointments for the Browns last season, and right there near the top of the list, was defensive end Corey Williams.

This weekend, General Manager George Kokinis and Coach Eric Mangini will have the chance to find a player to push Williams, if not replace him...

RashanGary
04-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Maybe we can bring him back. He'd be a nice fit at 3-4 DE for the right price.

cheesner
04-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Whatever you think of TT's overall performance as a GM, you gotta appreciate his trading success. By my count he is 4 for 4 on coming out on the better end of the deal.

Williams/Mckenzie/Walker/and Grant all look like good moves.

packers11
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Williams was very effective with the packers his final year because of the deep rotation... As I watched him in Cleveland , he is defiantly not worth the 40 million dollar deal is defiantly not as effective since he plays every defensive snap...

Also he was effective as a 4-3 DT... I don't think he made a good transition into the 3-4 DE...

"Williams made his mark with Green Bay as a 4-3 tackle, but struggled badly in his first season as a 3-4 end. The new Browns regime is hoping his disappointing 2008 was simply the result of trying to play through a painful shoulder injury. Williams had 50 tackles, but only 0.5 sacks.

Source: Canton Repository "

rbaloha1
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
The saga of Joe Johnson and Cleditus Hunt continues.

Fritz
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
You've slighted Donnell Washington, RB

mraynrand
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Corey Williams' production in GB was spotty. He did have a couple of nice games against Detroit though.

]{ilr]3
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Whatever you think of TT's overall performance as a GM, you gotta appreciate his trading success. By my count he is 4 for 4 on coming out on the better end of the deal.

Wasnt Mckenzie before TT's time?

Pack-man
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
{ilr]3]

Yep, McKenzie was Shermans mess.

cheesner
04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
{ilr]3]

Yep, McKenzie was Shermans mess.
ooops. :oops:

Okay, I guess TT is 3 for 3. Still a perfect record.

MadScientist
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Okay, I guess TT is 3 for 3. Still a perfect record.
But we're still waiting on the results of this year's blockbuster trade of the long snapper -whatshisname. That one will surely define his tenure as GM.

Guiness
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't say we came out of the McKenzie think smelling like roses. I would rather have kept him then get the pick (s?) we did.

And no, the fact we did a great job replacing him doesn't change the fact we had to roll the dice in doing so, when we had a pretty damn good player we couldn't keep happy.

Pugger
04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Williams was a decent guy in the rotation but once he was thrust into a starting role in late 2007 our pass rush disappeared. I had no problem with TT trading him at all. Cleveland can have him.

Joemailman
04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Funny.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2009/04/22/sports/nh788551.txt

How to motivate Williams? Draft San Jose DT Gilbert

Among the many disappointments for the Browns last season, and right there near the top of the list, was defensive end Corey Williams.

This weekend, General Manager George Kokinis and Coach Eric Mangini will have the chance to find a player to push Williams, if not replace him...

Has to suck if you're thinking about using a high draft pick to motivate a guy you just gave a huge contract to. Gilbert is a guy I wouldn't mind the Packers taking in Round 2, unless they take Jackson in the 1st round.

cheesner
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't say we came out of the McKenzie think smelling like roses. I would rather have kept him then get the pick (s?) we did.

And no, the fact we did a great job replacing him doesn't change the fact we had to roll the dice in doing so, when we had a pretty damn good player we couldn't keep happy.
I would have rather kept McKenzie and gotten the pick also, but I can't imagine why New Orleans would do that deal. :wink:

I don't know exactly what was in Sherman's control on that one. If there was a pattern of unhappy guys, I would agree with you. But when it is just 1 player - it could just be that particular player is the issue.

SnakeLH2006
04-23-2009, 12:43 AM
You've slighted Donnell Washington, RB

Not really Fritz. Cletidus, JJ, and Donnell all made huge unnwarranted amounts of cash in short period of time, albeit little knew that Donnell used his rookie signing bonus to fund a marijuana farm. 8-) :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Joe Johnson and his money made Vonnie Holiday angry enough to leave for less money than the Packers offered him.