PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Jenkins = LeRoy Butler?

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/43596367.html

This is my sleeper pick for the Pack. Ted tends to draft for the future with his early picks, and I could see him liking this guy.

Partial
04-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I was on his wagon early and I'm not sure why I've slightly fallen off. He had a really good college career and other than the modest 40 time, he has exceeded all expectations in my opinion.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I was on his wagon early and I'm not sure why I've slightly fallen off. He had a really good college career and other than the modest 40 time, he has exceeded all expectations in my opinion.

It's not like his 40 time (low 4.5s) is that awful either.

Bretsky
04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
He'd be a very solid pick and IMO better than the the two risky OT's. I'm on the Crab watch.....but if he's gone I'd still have no problems if we take defense with nearly the entire draft

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/video/NFL+Draft%3A+Defensive+Backs;_ylt=AuBd0ibLdwcmo3UH cEzEt6ZXmY14

First play from his video is him picking off Matt Flynn.
:D

I like his versatility. I think he can play man and zone. He's a big corner that can tackle. Worst case scenario, he's a solid safety. Considering the ages of Harris and Woodson, the impending FA status of Collins, and the unknown surrounding Bigby, I think he'd be a solid pick. Good character, team leader too.

red
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
when you read about jenkins you see stuff like, hard worker, team leader, high character, etc, etc

when you look up almost every one of TT's picks while he's been here, you'll read the exact same things

i think he's exactly the type of guy TT would draft

but i would want to keep him at CB, i think he'll be a stub there even if some think he'll be better at S

Waldo
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I think that Delmas is more like Butler than Jenkins is.

Fritz
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
I think Jenkins is more similar. His nose is just like Butler's.

PlantPage55
04-24-2009, 10:34 PM

The second round, Waldo? You know that's too far for our fair paper to dig... :lol:

Waldo
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM

The second round, Waldo? You know that's too far for our fair paper to dig... :lol:

Delmas has that leadership quality, that sense of what everyone is supposed to be doing, what the offense is doing, what the guys need, that many very good/great safeties has. That is by far his greatest trait.

Leroy too.

PlantPage55
04-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Delmas has that leadership quality, that sense of what everyone is supposed to be doing, what the offense is doing, what the guys need, that many very good/great safeties has. That is by far his greatest trait.

Leroy too.

I agree. I was merely commenting that I suspect that the JSO doesn't know anything past the 2nd round from their ass from a hole in the ground.

And besides, all they have to do is print about the top prospects and their readership is content. Doubly so, since he's in the Big Ten. :lol:

mission
04-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Everything I read about Delmas points to him being a solid starter in the NFL for many years... I'd love to steal him with a second pick assuming English or Barwin isn't around.

bobblehead
04-25-2009, 11:17 AM
If Jenkins grades out as worthy of the pick it would also have the effect of telling TWill and Collins to get their asses into voluntary workouts.

Waldo
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
If Jenkins grades out as worthy of the pick it would also have the effect of telling TWill and Collins to get their asses into voluntary workouts.

TWill is at the voluntary workouts.

He and the team worked out an insurance policy that allows him to work out and go to the meetings, should he get hurt he has the tag amount guaranteed.

He can't participate on the field though, so minicamps and OTA's is when it hits the point where he can't do something.