PDA

View Full Version : TRADE??????????????

Packnut
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
According to King, Pats offered 23 and 47th pick to the Jags for their #8 and were refused. Now might be offering Teddy the same trade.

Wild rumors that KC is taking Jackson. If my man is gone at #9 along with Smith, might not be a bad way to go.

PackerPro42
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
If they offered the 23rd and 34th pick I'd consider it.

Packnut
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
If they offered the 23rd and 34th pick I'd consider it.

I thought at first the Pats were going after Jackson cause he's perfect for the 3-4. If they thought we were taking him, jumping ahead of us is the way to go.

But King says they are looking at an offensive player. Could be one of the O-linemen????????

Fritz
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
According to King, Pats offered 23 and 47th pick to the Jags for their #8 and were refused. Now might be offering Teddy the same trade.

Wild rumors that KC is taking Jackson. If my man is gone at #9 along with Smith, might not be a bad way to go.

According to trade value charts, the #23 and #47 only total 1190 points, while the #9 is worth 1350. Now if they packaged the #23 and #34, that'd add up to 1320 - much closer. The other option would be to throw in a third round pick - that would even it out as well.

RashanGary
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd take the #23, #47 and next years 3rd even.

RashanGary
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Honestly, I don't know what the fuck I would do because I don't know anything. Still, trader Ted is exciting as hell on draft day.

Packnut
04-24-2009, 03:08 PM

According to trade value charts, the #23 and #47 only total 1190 points, while the #9 is worth 1350. Now if they packaged the #23 and #34, that'd add up to 1320 - much closer. The other option would be to throw in a third round pick - that would even it out as well.

I think you should call Billy-boy and GET ER DONE! (Just tell him your Ted Thompson)

Fritz
04-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Honestly, I don't know what the fuck I would do because I don't know anything. Still, trader Ted is exciting as hell on draft day.

I'm with ya, JH!! We all get so pumped up, but really, what do we know?

I trust Thompson's abilities in the war room. He doesn't get too worked up, doesn't lose his cool. Sherman made me nervous - he'd pee his pants if he thought "his" guy was gonna go early, then trade up and up to grab the guy. Too twitchy, ol Shermy.

cpk1994
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm with ya, JH!! We all get so pumped up, but really, what do we know?

I trust Thompson's abilities in the war room. He doesn't get too worked up, doesn't lose his cool. Sherman made me nervous - he'd pee his pants if he thought "his" guy was gonna go early, then trade up and up to grab the guy. Too twitchy, ol Shermy.Well, that finally explains BJ Sander.

sheepshead
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Is this the same trade we discussed like 3 hours ago in the rumors thread?

Fritz
04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Why would New England be offering these trades ahead of time? I have to think they're saying "We'd give you this for the #9 pick IF the guy we want is sitting there."

Packnut
04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Why would New England be offering these trades ahead of time? I have to think they're saying "We'd give you this for the #9 pick IF the guy we want is sitting there."

From Peter King

Busy morning. The Patriots are trying to move up into the top 10 of the draft -- but low in the top 10. Executives from two teams tell me New England offered its first-round pick and middle of three second-round picks (the 23rd and 47th picks overall) to Jacksonville for the eighth pick in the draft. Jacksonville GM Gene Smith, I'm told, said no ... but I also hear the Patriots might be looking to Green Bay at nine to move as well.

Who might be the object of their affection? I'm told it may be a surprise, because smart money would say the target is LSU's Tyson Jackson, the best 3-4 defensive end in the draft and the only end versatile enough to play every spot on the defensive line. But I'm not sure it's Jackson. I think it might be an offensive player. Sorry to be so cryptic, but I truly don't know.

The Patriots are Fort Knox on draft weekend -- and, for that matter, on every weekend. Remember last year? New England traded down from seven to 10 in the first round and got the object of its affection, Tennessee linebacker Jerod Mayo, and no one ever knew Mayo was their man (well, except that draft oracle Donnie Brasco).

It makes infinite sense that New England would want the eighth or ninth pick, because the line of demarcation between sanity and insanity in the top 10 is right there. Check out the money that each of the players between six and 10 in last year's draft would earn with minimum play-time incentives in their five-year contracts:

6. Vernon Gholston, Jets $32.5 million
7. Sedrick Ellis, New Orleans $32 million
8. Derrick Harvey, Jacksonville $23 million
9. Keith Rivers, Cincinnati $19 million
10. Jerod Mayo, New England $16 million

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 05:04 PM

I can't see TT trading down 14 spots. Last year was the only time he's traded down in the 1st round, and that was only 6 spots. He'll likely have a list of players he would consider at #9. If he feels he can trade down a few spots and still get one of those guys, he'll do it. I don't think he'll trade down to #23 and just hope that certain guys are still available.

red
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
we mine as well just give the keys to lambeau to the pats too why we're at it

if we give up #9 for 23 and 40whatever, they would be raping us blind

they would have to also throw in their third to get this to be fair, pick 89

or tell them #23 and 34

don't help the rich get richer

Fritz
04-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Rare it is that I agree with you Red, but I agree with you here.

Now Joe, TT probably "brackets" players - I'm guessing he has a tier of X number of guys he thinks are equally talented, then another tier of X number of guys that are in the next group, and so on.

If he thinks the dropoff from #9 to #23 is small enough, and the gain of the 34th pick 9or the 47th and a third) is large enough, he might go for it.

However, my sense is that you are correct - the dropoff in talent might be too steep for his liking, the guys still there at #23 too unpredictable. My guess is that if he trades down, it won't be past Washington's spot at #13.

Guesses, of course. Guesses.

Partial
04-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Evidently they want TyJack (JSO) because Seymour and Warren's contracts expire after this or next year.

mission
04-25-2009, 02:22 AM
If we trade down, I really hope we're in Moreno range. I can't see it being worth it unless another pick is packaged... close to the first one.

JH - Im with ya all the way on that one!