PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER Take On Tomorrow's Draft

The Shadow
04-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Ok, boys - I've done my research, studied the reports, analyzed needs, and contemplated the Big Board.
Here's how I see it unfolding :
If Smith, Monroe, and Raji are gone before our pick, I see the Packers trading down - provided there is a customer dying to grab someone - and drafting a Robert Ayers, Clay Mathews, Eben Britton, or Connor Barwin.
In the 2nd, Ron Brace.
From then on, it's as always - a great mystery.
I LOVE Draft Day!!!!!!

The Shadow
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
PS : Almost forgot.
My darkhorse candidate : Knowshon Moreno

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I think Raji is one guy TT may have off his list because of Character/dependability issues. I suspect that Crabtree and Andre Smith may also be on that list. I'm guessing that J. Smith, Monroe, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry and maybe Orakpo are at the top of his list.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I think Raji is one guy TT may have off his list because of Character/dependability issues. I suspect that Crabtree and Andre Smith may also be on that list. I'm guessing that J. Smith, Monroe, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry and maybe Orakpo are at the top of his list.

I could see that. Maybe put Jenkins on the list, and possibly Maybin.

CaliforniaCheez
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Follow along the process of elimination.

There should be in the top ten:

3 OT's (Smith, Monroe, Smith)
2 QB's (Stafford, Sanchez)
2 LB's (Curry, Orakpo) Orakpo is smaller than Kampmann
1 NT Raji
1 CB Jenkins
1 WR Crabtree

I think the Packers can/will skip the QB's, LB's, and WR.

That gives the Packers the final pickings of the other 5, which are likely the last OT (Smith), Raji, or Jenkins, with one of them gone and Tyson Jackson not too much of a reach.

It all depends on the grades the Packer scouts have given to them.
Ted will take the highest graded one.

OR

If another team is willing to trade up, say if Sanchez is still on the board.

I think Ted can trade down with Denver to #12 for a 3rd round pick and get
one of

Tyson Jackson DE
Malcolm Jenkins CB
Andre Smith OT

Depending on what the 49'ers (D-line needs) and the Bills (O-line needs) do.

Ted will be most inclined to trade down if Raji is gone and Sanchez is on the board.

In my sometimes incorrect opinion, Jackson or Jenkins will be the pick.

If Raji is gone Ted will target through trade the next best NT.

Packnut
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Jackson, much to my dismay will not be there at 9.

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Who do you think is going to take him, Packnut? I've heard Kansas City likes him. However, I think they are going to trade out of the #3 spot and get extra picks from someone who wants to beat Seattle to Sanchez or Crabtree.

The Shadow
04-24-2009, 09:08 PM
One thing I've learned : Expect The Unexpected.
We shortly will be scurrying through our draft mags to refresh ourselves with the 16th rated CB, the 12th rated G, and a TE-turned-OT from South Dakota State Poly who doesn't even show up in the rankings.

Fritz
04-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes - in some ways that's the more surprising and fun part of the draft. It's like the Christmas gift that you didn't expect.

This underclassman TE turned linebacker from Rhode Island Tech could be the next James Harrison!!

The Shadow
04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Ok, boys - I've done my research, studied the reports, analyzed needs, and contemplated the Big Board.
Here's how I see it unfolding :
If Smith, Monroe, and Raji are gone before our pick, I see the Packers trading down - provided there is a customer dying to grab someone - and drafting a Robert Ayers, Clay Mathews, Eben Britton, or Connor Barwin.
In the 2nd, Ron Brace.
From then on, it's as always - a great mystery.
I LOVE Draft Day!!!!!!

Well, I certainly didn't imagine trading UP to get 2 favorites, but we got them - and that's the important thing.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 09:30 AM
looking back at past drafts...and then seeing how it appears we got two impact players in round one

hard not to be excited