PDA

View Full Version : Delete me

Partial
04-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Delete me.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Delete. Rastak has always started the Official Draft Thread. It's the one bone we throw to him.

Freak Out
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
My favorite draft day of all time was when we chose big Tony number one.

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Although I don't believe it happened on Draft Day, I remember wondering "Who the heck is Brett Favre?" when Wolf traded the pick away.

Partial
04-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Alright, if its Ras' honor than by all means. Mods, move this sassy thread.

CaliforniaCheez
04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Delete. Rastak has always started the Official Draft Thread. It's the one bone we throw to him.

Plus the Vikings never draft well anyway. Troy Williamson and Erasmus James ahead of Aaron Roders...Trading up and not selecting Brohm....trading up for Booty and the pick given in the trade was used on Flynn...etc.

It just forces him to see his thread go in ways he doesn't like.

pbmax
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM

Plus the Vikings never draft well anyway. Troy Williamson and Erasmus James ahead of Aaron Roders...Trading up and not selecting Brohm....trading up for Booty and the pick given in the trade was used on Flynn...etc.

It just forces him to see his thread go in ways he doesn't like.
They draft well, but never seem to be able to find the last two or three pieces. Its like they are a well run personnel department until someone says "All we need now is a competent QB and WR talent" and then all hell breaks loose.

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking the success of the Packers 1st round pick could hinge on what time I get home from work. In 2003, I was watching at home when the Packers picked Nick Barnett. In 2004, I was at work when the Packers drafted Ahmad Carroll. In 2005 and 2006, I was watching at home when the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers and A.J. Hawk. In 2007, I was at work when the Packers drafted Justin Harrell. In 2008, I was neither watching or at work when the Packers traded away their first round pick.

The draft starts at 3:00 tomorrow. I should be done with work about 4:00 or shortly thereafter. If I'm home by about 4:15, it is possible, but not certain I'll be watching when the Packers make their pick. If there is a lot of mail though, I could still be at work.

By the way Partial, why don't you just change the title of this thread. It doesn't need to be deleted.

pbmax
04-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking the success of the Packers 1st round pick could hinge on what time I get home from work. In 2003, I was watching at home when the Packers picked Nick Barnett. In 2004, I was at work when the Packers drafted Ahmad Carroll. In 2005 and 2006, I was watching at home when the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers and A.J. Hawk. In 2007, I was at work when the Packers drafted Justin Harrell. In 2008, I was neither watching or at work when the Packers traded away their first round pick.

The draft starts at 3:00 tomorrow. I should be done with work about 4:00 or shortly thereafter. If I'm home by about 4:15, it is possible, but not certain I'll be watching when the Packers make their pick. If there is a lot of mail though, I could still be at work.

By the way Partial, why don't you just change the title of this thread. It doesn't need to be deleted.
What could we get you to do for a Hall of Famer in the first round? Call in sick? :lol:

Or would you need to be superhuman and get everything done by 3:00 PM? :)

Actually, at 10 minutes a pick, you might NEED to be home by 4:15 just to be safe. If all goes according to plan, the Packers go on the clock at 4:20 PM.

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Fortunately TT never trades up in the 1st round. A trade down would be most welcome....

CaliforniaCheez
04-24-2009, 07:10 PM
1) Put a turbo charger in that little jeep.

2) Take some mail home like the guy on Sienfeld(Newman) and deliver it on Monday.

3) Get to work a little early, shorten lunch, and make up the time on Monday.

4) Speed walking with Dr Scholl's special spring inserts.

5) Drink some coffee but not so much you add stops!!