PDA

View Full Version : Owens 'Cowboy Star' Moment was praising God

gureski
07-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Owens haters are going to hate seeing this....

DAL - Coach Says Chaplain Inspired Owens' 2000 Star Celebration?

Source: Jean-Jacques Taylor, The Dallas Morning News

Former San Francisco receivers coach George Stewart wants to set the record straight on Terrell Owens' celebratory dance on the midfield star at Texas Stadium in 2000.

Team chaplain Earl Smith might have played a role. The day before the game, the 49ers had just completed a walk-through practice at Texas Stadium when Smith, Stewart, Owens and receiver J.J. Stokes were standing near midfield chatting.

"The chaplain began talking about Roger Staubach and how the Cowboys were God's Team and America's Team," Stewart said. "Then he asked Terrell if he knew why there was a hole in the roof. He didn't, so the chaplain told him that it was so God could look down on the Cowboys.

"He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.'

"If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field."

Stokes said the chaplain's story had him considering running to the star, too, had he scored.

Noodle
07-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks, Gureskei, for inspiring me to throw up in my mouth.

Great way to start the day.

Green Bud Packer
07-14-2006, 09:16 AM
i always thought the hole in the roof was so the football gods could shit on the pack when visiting dallass

ahaha
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
If God inspired Owens to celebrate on the star, did the Devil get George Teague to slam in to him?
Kudos to Satan! :twisted:

Fosco33
07-14-2006, 10:11 AM
I had to work a mile from that shithole for a year spanning an entire season and the preseason of another - driving past it everyday. Even got a flat in the rental and had to pull into the lot to change it. Nothing good has come from there for me.

And I thought we (Packer fans) were homers but there's nothing like Texas sports talk radio - they tear into every player every week and it usually starts with 'boy'. Even better, flip on the AM and listen to the craziest people in the world (right and left) trying to convince you of one thing or another.

There's only two things I liked about DTown - BBQ and Women. If you haven't been, you should - they're both really good :lol:

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
"There's only two things I liked about DTown - BBQ and Women." Fosco33

mmmmm m'uh!

Decisions , DECISIONS ????

Life is always HARD !

gureski
07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
My ONLY question about this report is....

WHY ONLY NOW are we hearing this? Why only when Owens becomes a Cowboy are we hearing this story?

That's all I want to know. If this is true, why wasn't it told before now?

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
My ONLY question about this report is....

WHY ONLY NOW are we hearing this? Why only when Owens becomes a Cowboy are we hearing this story?

That's all I want to know. If this is true, why wasn't it told before now?

It's just another one of those sport's star tell all's. . . his new book but it's way beyond. . . promotion.

I feel like I've already read it.

BigDmoney
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I guess God told Owens to throw McNabb under the bus every week last year then too huh? What a good christian.

MadtownPacker
07-14-2006, 12:00 PM
I guess God told Owens to throw McNabb under the bus every week last year then too huh? What a good christian.Hahahah, thats too good man!

I think I read something like this before while owens was still with the 49ers.

Green Bud Packer
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
BBQ and Women. :lol: one of which will be the downfall of owen's dallass saga.he'll either kobe some woman or bbq some kobe.

retailguy
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I guess God told Owens to throw McNabb under the bus every week last year then too huh? What a good christian.Hahahah, thats too good man!

I think I read something like this before while owens was still with the 49ers.

Me too. More "spin" from the Owens camp. Just trying to make an "idiot" look reasonable. A talented "idiot" but an "idiot" nonetheless.

4and12to12and4
07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Even if it is true that the chaplain gave him the idea, who cares. In fact, that makes it worse, because it seems to me that it shows that he was not only rubbing it in the faces of Dallas Cowboys fans, but also "Dallas' god". I mean, according to the story, the chaplain claimed that God was looking upon his Boys, not the opposition, so wouldn't that be considered blasphemous of him? This is the stupidist attempt I have ever heard of to kiss the ass of the team he once took a shit on. It was great when Teague leveled him, although I have to admit, I kind of chuckled at the whole thing because I hate the cowgirls anyways.

Fosco33
07-14-2006, 04:12 PM
T.O. misquoted in autobiography
Cowboys WR claims co-author made up some wording

Umm, isn't that an oxymoron???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/07/14/bc.fbn.t.o.sbook.ap/index.html