PDA

View Full Version : Ty's second annual Big Board

Tyrone Bigguns
04-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Many considered this year to be a shallow draft, yet plenty of diamonds exist. While top end offenders and drug users were few, the depth provided by Dui, suspension, and arrests makes this a deep draft.

Sure, it can't rival some of the great drafts like 96 (lawrence phillips), 82 (art schlichter), 99 (cecil the diesel), and 97 (rae carruth), but it is certainly not the worst.

1. Jose Martinez, K, UTEP (tested postive for pot at the combine...put a couch on the sideline, some doritos..and this guy is MONEY!!)
2. Vontae Davis, CB, Ill (ty loves this drug user and also the high probability he will be a loser like Vernon)
3. Brian Cushing, LB, USC (steroids...not ty's thing, but still...DRUGS!!)
4. Clay Matthews, LB, USC (team player..somebody has to shoot Cushing in the ass)
5. Percy Harvin, RB, UF (12 on the wonderlic + pot....winner, winner, chicken dinner!!)
6. BJ Raji, DT, BC (tumbles due to unsubstantiated rumors that he has been clean)
7. Phil Loadholt, LT, OU (ty likes the two arrests, ty LOVES the DUI)
8. PJ Hill, RB, UW (flew up the draft boards with his SECOND DUI)
9. Rhett bomar, QB, Sam Houston State (ty loves that he took money for not working...something he will be doing to NFL clubs as he sits on the bench)
10. Alex Boone, T, OSU (drunken outburst, tasered...what's not to like?)
11. Jonathan Casillas, LB, UW (multiple DUI's...i like that he is determined to succeed)
12. Dannell Ellerbe, LB, Georgia (charged with felony theft of a motor vehicle, giving false information to police, driving under the influence and underage possession of alcohol....Odell part deux)
13. Arian Foster, RB, Tenn (arrest in his past for disorderly conduct and is considered difficult to deal with)
14. Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa (could be a run on troubled RBs...questionable work ethic...academic issues)
15. Rey Maualuga, LB, USC (arrested for suspicion of misdemeanor battery, and in a separate incident benched for getting out of hand at a party...tumbles on rumors that is was only a suspicion)
16. Jason Simpson, S, Miss (missed bowl game due to pot arrest...timing is everything...and this kid has it in spades)
17. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK St (assault and battery of a police officer outside of a party....ty likes his style!!)
18. Brandon Tate,WR, UNC (Shares agent with Harvin...tumbles after agent implies Tate was bogarting the joint)
19. Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue (potential team wrecker!!! Banned from talkin to media after criticizing a teammate)
20. Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St. (not quite in boone's category...simply can't follow team rules....no arrests, no drugs, no dui...not working to his potential)
21. Lardarius Webb, CB, Nicholls State (kicked out of Southern Mississippi for violating team rules....yes, a run on troubled CBs!!!)
22. Bruce Johnson, CB, Miami (CBs are always overvalued in the first round...and when you add in being late to practice and missing practice...well, ya gotta grab him...could be the next pac man!)
23. Morris Wooten, LB, Arizona State suspended for violating team rules, and coaches have found him difficult.....poor man's odell thurman!!)
24. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama (improper relations with an agent....and not of a sexual nature...drops him to the end of the first round)
25. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers (tumbles because only caught with marijuana, no arrest)
26. Robert Ayers, DE, Tenn (aggravated assault in 05....lack of productivity dooms him to this spot)
27. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State (character concerns early on in his career, but he had a model stint at San Jose State....Ty still has hope he can turn it around)
28. Cornelius Lewis, OG, Tenn St. (twice suspended by the Seminoles for rules violations and fighting before ultimately being dismissed from the team....Ty sees a return to form with NFL payday looming!)
29. Ricky-Jean Francois, DT LSU (Major character and maturity issues...and has been tagged with the dreaded partial "has it")
30. Xavier Fulton, OT Illinois (character concerns and a reconstructed knee!!)
31. Jeremy Childs, WR Boise State (4.62 40 had me concerned, but suspended for academic issues gets him into the first round)
32. Willie Tuitama, QB, UA (unremarkable career saved by march arrest on dui...goes from undrafted free agent to first round!!!)

Joemailman
04-24-2009, 09:43 PM
No codeine abusers? Must not be Packer people.

Ty left out the fact that P.J. Hill led the police on a short chase and crashed his car. This was no ordinary DUI.

RashanGary
04-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Ty. Interesting stuff. I didn't know Britt had that problem. I'm going to move him down a little.

pbmax
04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Wonder what Ty's PackerRats draft board would look like? :lol:

retailguy
04-24-2009, 10:07 PM

Whatever you find on the first page of google would be my guess.

Fritz
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Many considered this year to be a shallow draft, yet plenty of diamonds exist. While top end offenders and drug users were few, the depth provided by Dui, suspension, and arrests makes this a deep draft.

Sure, it can't rival some of the great drafts like 96 (lawrence phillips), 82 (art schlichter), 99 (cecil the diesel), and 97 (rae carruth), but it is certainly not the worst.

1. Jose Martinez, K, UTEP (tested postive for pot at the combine...put a couch on the sideline, some doritos..and this guy is MONEY!!)
2. Vontae Davis, CB, Ill (ty loves this drug user and also the high probability he will be a loser like Vernon)
3. Brian Cushing, LB, USC (steroids...not ty's thing, but still...DRUGS!!)
4. Clay Matthews, LB, USC (team player..somebody has to shoot Cushing in the ass)
5. Percy Harvin, RB, UF (12 on the wonderlic + pot....winner, winner, chicken dinner!!)
6. BJ Raji, DT, BC (tumbles due to unsubstantiated rumors that he has been clean)
7. Phil Loadholt, LT, OU (ty likes the two arrests, ty LOVES the DUI)
8. PJ Hill, RB, UW (flew up the draft boards with his SECOND DUI)
9. Rhett bomar, QB, Sam Houston State (ty loves that he took money for not working...something he will be doing to NFL clubs as he sits on the bench)
10. Alex Boone, T, OSU (drunken outburst, tasered...what's not to like?)
11. Jonathan Casillas, LB, UW (multiple DUI's...i like that he is determined to succeed)
12. Dannell Ellerbe, LB, Georgia (charged with felony theft of a motor vehicle, giving false information to police, driving under the influence and underage possession of alcohol....Odell part deux)
13. Arian Foster, RB, Tenn (arrest in his past for disorderly conduct and is considered difficult to deal with)
14. Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa (could be a run on troubled RBs...questionable work ethic...academic issues)
15. Rey Maualuga, LB, USC (arrested for suspicion of misdemeanor battery, and in a separate incident benched for getting out of hand at a party...tumbles on rumors that is was only a suspicion)
16. Jason Simpson, S, Miss (missed bowl game due to pot arrest...timing is everything...and this kid has it in spades)
17. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK St (assault and battery of a police officer outside of a party....ty likes his style!!)
18. Brandon Tate,WR, UNC (Shares agent with Harvin...tumbles after agent implies Tate was bogarting the joint)
19. Kory Sheets, RB, Purdue (potential team wrecker!!! Banned from talkin to media after criticizing a teammate)
20. Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St. (not quite in boone's category...simply can't follow team rules....no arrests, no drugs, no dui...not working to his potential)
21. Lardarius Webb, CB, Nicholls State (kicked out of Southern Mississippi for violating team rules....yes, a run on troubled CBs!!!)
22. Bruce Johnson, CB, Miami (CBs are always overvalued in the first round...and when you add in being late to practice and missing practice...well, ya gotta grab him...could be the next pac man!)
23. Morris Wooten, LB, Arizona State suspended for violating team rules, and coaches have found him difficult.....poor man's odell thurman!!)
24. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama (improper relations with an agent....and not of a sexual nature...drops him to the end of the first round)
25. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers (tumbles because only caught with marijuana, no arrest)
26. Robert Ayers, DE, Tenn (aggravated assault in 05....lack of productivity dooms him to this spot)
27. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State (character concerns early on in his career, but he had a model stint at San Jose State....Ty still has hope he can turn it around)
28. Cornelius Lewis, OG, Tenn St. (twice suspended by the Seminoles for rules violations and fighting before ultimately being dismissed from the team....Ty sees a return to form with NFL payday looming!)
29. Ricky-Jean Francois, DT LSU (Major character and maturity issues...and has been tagged with the dreaded partial "has it")
30. Xavier Fulton, OT Illinois (character concerns and a reconstructed knee!!)
31. Jeremy Childs, WR Boise State (4.62 40 had me concerned, but suspended for academic issues gets him into the first round)
32. Willie Tuitama, QB, UA (unremarkable career saved by march arrest on dui...goes from undrafted free agent to first round!!!)

Tyrone - you working for the Bengals? You really shouldn't be posting their whole draft board.

RashanGary
04-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Can you believe how many football people are rumoring Andre Smith to the Bengals and doing it with a straight face? Sometimes I think it's a joke and a punch line is coming, but they keep going and I think they think it's a perfectly logical choice. I know he's not in trouble with the law, but he has to be considered a pretty high character gamble with a top 6 pick, no?

If the Bengals pick him I'll be shocked but I probably shouldn't be.

mission
04-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Is that the Bengals' draft chart?

sheepshead
04-25-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm going to print this and keep it in my wallet! Thanks Ty.

oregonpackfan
04-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Tyrone's list supports the concern that character does play a significant role in drafting a player.

At the same time, young men often make mistakes in their lives. Who among us posters hasn't made mistakes as a young man(woman)? Yes, I made my mistakes as a young man...

What is important to determine if those mistakes are just an isolated incident of poor decision-making or a reflection of overall poor character.

CaliforniaCheez
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Ted really hasn't brought any troubled people into Green Bay.

Those he did they didn't last long.

bobblehead
04-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I think Jerry Jones just fired ty for this big time leak.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I think Jerry Jones just fired ty for this big time leak.

Yeah but I think he'll get a job offer from Al Davis any time now.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Stay classy RG. :P

mraynrand
04-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Stay classy RG. :P

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/stay-classy,-san-diego.jpg