PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT RUMORS - Expert Predictions

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Now that day 1 is over, I have the results of the "expert" predictions and rumors posted. What does it show? About 50% of their info. is BS. What a shock huh?

Over the past 2-3 days I have been collecting little draft rumors that have popped up on different websites. These sites include, but are not limited to, NFL.com, SI.com, Profootballtalk.com, and rotoworld.com. When I saw an interesting prediction, I wrote it down. These predictions were given by experts who seemed damn sure of themselves. Tomorrow, we will see if they come true. Here they are.

RAMS - Will draft Monroe in first. FALSE

EAGLES - Will go after Moreno in first. UNKNOWN - but I think they wanted him.

SEAHAWKS - Will draft Sanchez or Crabtree FALSE

LIONS - Will draft Stafford (already proven true) TRUE

CHIEFS - They WILL NOT draft Curry TRUE

SAINTS - Will draft a DEFENDER in the 1st round. Most likely Jenkins if he is there. TRUE

BENGALS - Will draft Andre Smith or BJ Raji TRUE

OAKLAND - Will draft WR in 1st TRUE

JAGS - Will not draft a WR in first (except if Crabtree is there) FALSE - Crabtree was there!

JAGS - Will draft Raji or Smith FALSE

BROWNS - Will draft a D player in 1st. Only O player considered will be Crabtree. FALSE - drafted C Mack

CARDINALS - Want Moreno TRUE, settled for Wells

BUCS - Will draft Freeman in 1st TRUE

PATS - Are looking to move up for either Jenkins or Jackson. FALSE - traded back all day

TYSON JACKSON - Will go in the top 5 (per Gil Brandt) TRUE

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Bump - see the updated results above!

packers11
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
the best rumor out of them all...

Apr. 24 - 12:13 pm et

The Raiders are "locked in" on Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, according to the National Football Post.

Heyward-Bey passes Al Davis' speed test, Oakland is desperate for a vertical threat in the passing game, and he's going to be there at No. 7 overall. Ideally the Raiders would trade back a few spots and still land DHB, but Davis may not want to take that risk. Davis also has no history of trading down.

Source: National Football Post

packers11
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
someone in the Raiders war room defiantly doesn't like Al Davis and leaked something out... That was the dumbest pick I've seen since they picked a kicker in 2000 with their first pick...

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Apparently you missed their 2nd round pick: S Michael Mitchell who should have gone no higher then the 5th round. And that would be a reach!

My God, they are going to be terrible until Al Davis dies.

Rastak
04-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Apparently you missed their 2nd round pick: S Michael Mitchell who should have gone no higher then the 5th round. And that would be a reach!

I think it was either Kiper or Mayock who had him as an undrafted free agent.

Gunakor
04-26-2009, 09:01 AM

I think it was either Kiper or Mayock who had him as an undrafted free agent.

Mayock had him going in the 7th in his mock. Didn't watch ESPN, so I have no idea about Kiper.

Fritz
04-26-2009, 09:02 AM

With my black sense of humor, I found this line to be funny.