View Full Version : The official 2009 DRAFT thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Rastak
04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
nfl network or espn

I can't figure out which one I want to watch

NFL network has smarter coverage but the ESPN yahoos are more entertaining

And I think I can listen to Packer coverage live at 620wtmj.com as well

I switched to the NFLN a couple years ago....I agree the ESPN guys are entertaining though.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
TONS of rumors that Seattle grabs Sanchez

Hasslebeck's back injury has serious concerns about his future

COME ON SEATTLE.............TAKE THE QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wist43
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Will be a decent player... but #3???

Consider Curry to be a better version of Derrick Brooks, but don't know if I'd have taken him at 3 either... but Jackson over Monroe???

pack4to84
now we need Sanchez to go soon

retailguy
SHIT

We're trading down, don't worry. :D
I think if Crab is gone - we move down (seems Jets want to be in top 10).

If Sanchez is still there almost a guarantee we trade down, if he's gone, I still think it's 50 - 50.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:31 PM
If Curry is there for the Pack, do you think he lines up at LOLB and Kampman lines up on the ROLB spot? That is a possibility.

I think he's going to fall unless Cinci loves him.

I think Crabtree is about to get picked here by Seattle. That would be the smart pick imo.

I could see that

I think Cincy goes OL

I can see Seattle drafting Curry, Crabtree, or Sanchez

Rastak
SHIT

If Sanchez is still there almost a guarantee we trade down, if he's gone, I still think it's 50 - 50.

Rumor is the jags will trade out for whomever wants Sanchez....

Partial
SHIT

Takes two to tango, though. Who's worth trading up for in this draft that'll be there at 9?

I'm not so sure we'll be able to find a good enough deal to trade down.

Packnut
C'mon Hawks take Crabby

Bretsky
TAKE SANCHEZ !!!!!!

retailguy
04-25-2009, 03:32 PM
SHIT

Rumors haven't been too accurate so far, but I heard that too.

Brando19
The Seahawks have selected...............

CURRY

Fosco33
No idea why - but my gut hopes Pack doesn't get Raji.

Partial
DAMN! I was hoping he'd fall!!

Bretsky
SHIT

Rastak
Hawks take.....Curry.....BPA I guess.

K-town
It's Aaron Curry.

red
wow

not a lot of people picked that one

TheCheese
Damn it why couldn't they draft Crabtree.

Fosco33
Wow, very high for him!

Seattle will jump all over Curry!

good call

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
SHIT

Rumors haven't been too accurate so far, but I heard that too.

WHY is everything around the JAGS ?

We have the best trade downer in the history of the NFL

This should be about Green Bay :!: :!:

retailguy
SHIT

Takes two to tango, though. Who's worth trading up for in this draft that'll be there at 9?

You don't think Ted can find a deal? :shock:

It's his BEST Skill. He'll find a deal, even if it is with someone we've never heard of.... The new Japan expansion team...

red
ok, here comes the first raji obstacle

Bretsky

Beause they wanted a safe player over a superstar

Brando19
Not draft related but for all of you Golden Girls in here Bea Arthur just died.

Rastak
04-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Aaron Curry:

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 2004: Curry redshirts. 2005: He starts 10 of the 11 games he appears in and finishes with 45 total tackles, 28 unassisted tackles, 7.5 tackles-for-loss, one sack and five pass breakups. 2006: Curry starts all 14 games and finishes with 83 total tackles, including 8.5 TFL, three sacks and one interception. 2007: Curry starts 12 of the 13 games he plays in and finishes with 99 total tackles, 13.5 TFL, three sacks, four pass breakups and four interceptions. 2008: Curry starts in all 13 games, recording 105 total tackles, 66 unassisted tackles, 16 tackles-for-loss, and 2.5 sacks. He also adds one interception, three pass break-ups, two QBHs, three fumble recoveries, and forces one fumble. Earns first team All-ACC honors and wins the Butkus Award (nations' top linebacker).
Height-Weight-Speed 1 Curry possesses an elite blend of height, weight and straight-line speed for a linebacker. Showcased his natural blend of size, speed and athleticism with outstanding Combine workout.

Durability 1 A four-year starter that did not miss a game due to injury throughout career.

Character 1 His father, Reggie Pinkney, played five seasons in the NFL and his brother, Patrick Pinkney, plays quarterback at East Carolina. No off-the-field issues to our knowledge. He is a highly competitive person with excellent football character. He is an outstanding leader and team player. Only minor blemish is that Wake Forest didn't start Curry in the 2007 Navy game because he missed a class earlier in the week.

Outside Linebacker specific Traits

Instincts/Recognition 1 Very instinctive player. Locates the ball carrier quickly. Is disciplined and will execute his assignments. Plays within the scheme. Diagnoses plays quickly and rarely takes false steps.

Pursuit/Point of Attack 1 Fills hard and will explode through iso-blockers in a phone booth. Shows the ability to stack and shed efficiently. Is thickly built and plays with a wide base. Takes sound angles in pursuit and displays sideline-to-sideline range. Aggressive and quick enough to disrupt running plays in the backfield. Overall effort is outstanding.

Tackling 1 Squares up to the ball carrier, wraps up and drives legs once in position. Shows good power at the point of attack and is extremely strong. Only knock here is that he occasionally will struggle to break down and make open-field tackle versus quick ball-carriers in space.

Pass Coverage 2 Reads quarterbacks' eyes and shows outstanding instincts in coverage. Almost never bites on play-fake. Shows some stiffness in his hips, so he won't be an ideal one-on-one matchup versus NFL's quickest RBs and TEs. But he can hold his own in most man-to-man situation and he has good range in zone.

Pass Rusher 3 Has limited experience as a pass rusher. Needs to become more polished in terms of pass rush moves. He does have potential in this area, though. Shows good instincts in timing his blitzes. Explosive enough to turn the corner at the NFL level and shows ideal closing speed. Shows good body control and can recover when gets knocked off balance. Active and extremely strong hands; can rip off of blocks quickly.

Rastak

Golden Girls? You mean Maude.

Partial

I agree. I don't care for him. I wonder if he and Brace are really just both special players, or if they are both above average players who looked good since they were next to eachother, or the possibility that one is vastly better than the other.

Reminds me slightly of NCState a few years ago where they had 3 DL go in round 1 yet had a below .500 record. Mario Williams was a stud, but the other guys benefited from playing next to him.

With that said, I tend to believe that Brace might be the better player. He would be an excellent second round pick as future NT.

MateoInMex

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

retailguy

Isn't this similar to talking about tennis in the game day thread? :shock: :D

Packnut
Well, Mangini does'nt want Crabby. That makes the Raiders as my last hope. Other wise nothing will save us from DISASTER. I got that sick feeling again........

cpk1994
04-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Not draft related but for all of you Golden Girls in here Bea Arthur just died.Your kidding. Now I'm depressed. :cry:

gbpackfan
Seattle hats = worst ever!

Lurker64
Well, the one thing the Browns aren't going to take is an OT. Maybe Monroe will fall to us?

Rastak

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

Why certainly!

red
man, monroe could very easily fall to us right now

that would be awesome IMO

i think he's the second best OT in the draft, behind andre smith, but without the flags

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:36 PM

I agree. I don't care for him. I wonder if he and Brace are really just both special players, or if they are both above average players who looked good since they were next to eachother, or the possibility that one is vastly better than the other.

Reminds me slightly of NCState a few years ago where they had 3 DL go in round 1 yet had a below .500 record. Mario Williams was a stud, but the other guys benefited from playing next to him.

With that said, I tend to believe that Brace might be the better player. He would be an excellent second round pick as future NT.

I'm alright with Raji; not overwhelmingly excited though

Monroe or Crabby are the big two that'd have me jumping for joy

Partial
SHIT

You don't think Ted can find a deal? :shock:

It's his BEST Skill. He'll find a deal, even if it is with someone we've never heard of.... The new Japan expansion team...

I don't have any statistics here, but I tend to believe that Ted wins based on the trade chart point value in most trade downs. I think he could have a very hard time coming out ahead. Then again, if he has 5-6 guys rated equally, absolutely I could see him moving down if he can find a partner.

Bretsky
Well, the one thing the Browns aren't going to take is an OT. Maybe Monroe will fall to us?

very possible

TheCheese

Beause they wanted a safe player over a superstar

He may have the talent of a superstar but the dude is going to be fucking high maintenance as hell. He's got your typical WR attitude where it's all about him.

Packnut
man, monroe could very easily fall to us right now

that would be awesome IMO

i think he's the second best OT in the draft, behind andre smith, but without the flags

I'd be happy with him.

gbpackfan
I think Cin will take Monroe. If we get him, it will be a shocker!

Brando19
04-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Not draft related but for all of you Golden Girls in here Bea Arthur just died.Your kidding. Now I'm depressed. :cry:

Didn't mean to ruin everyone's draft day, but it's true. She probably had a hell of a 40 time in her day.

Bretsky
NFL network reporting phones are a ringing with trade offers

K-town

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

Hells yes!

Partial

The big thing that I've heard is the Bengals are looking at an OT. I've seen Andre Smith go to them in more than a handful of mocks. That said, I think they'd be jumping for jupiter if Monroe is there.

Virginia sure is a LT factory. Even Albert from last year is supposedly going to line up at LT this year I've heard.

MJZiggy

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

Dammit! I knew I was doing SOMETHING wrong!

gbpackfan
But McGinn reported that the Packers like Oher more then Monroe. Smoke screen? I don't know how that could possibly be. Monroe is way better IMO. Virginia is becoming a LT factory!

Rastak
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
The Seahawks have some friggen linebackers don't they.

Aye yi yi.

MateoInMex

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

Why certainly!

Nice job. Very rare that I would hold off on a Saturday, but I don't wanna be fucked up by 7 o'clock. Fug it, let me look in the fridge and see if I can find something special.

gbpackfan
pft.com reporting the Browns will be trading this pick. Let's see.

Partial
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
This day is so exciting for me. It's like a holiday. I love just taking some time to relax and discuss football with knowledgeable fans like you guys. This is an excellent day all around.

Bretsky
Browns are IMO taking Raji or Crabtree

Probably Raji

NFL thinks somebody is trying to trade up to get Crabby

wist43

The over/under on number of times TT trades down...

The number of 7th round picks TT will accumulate :wow:

Fosco33

I'm alright with Raji; not overwhelmingly excited though

Monroe or Crabby are the big two that'd have me jumping for joy

Me too. With Tausch gone - Monroe would be a boost to the line.

TheCheese
Did you see that fucking ring on crab's pinky? That should tell ya right there.

Packnut

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Anyone drinking, yet?

Having a bloody Mary right now. However, if we take Crabby, I will omit the tomato juice

Rastak
Trade!

Jets on the clock, adios Sanchez.......

gbpackfan
TRADE! Jets going to take Sanchez!!

Partial
Jets and Cleveland trade. I think its Sanchez then.

red
jets trade up

fans go insane

this has to be sanchez

pack4to84
Jets on the clock

Bretsky
JETS
JETS
JETS
JETS
JETS
JETS

Fosco33
Wow. now we can compare if Sanchez is better than Favre.

cpk1994
THe Jets are on the clock and the house is beginning to come down.

gbpackfan
They must have given up the farm!

Bretsky
jets trade up

fans go insane

this has to be sanchez

F'CKIN hilarious if Favre announces next week he's coming back

red
come on, break their heart

sanchez is celebrating

Brando19
04-25-2009, 03:40 PM
SANCHEZ TO THE jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fosco33
I didn't know Jets picked up Jim Leonhard?

red
They must have given up the farm!

wait till the fans find out how much they gave up

it might have been their whole draft, plus some

MJZiggy
Sanchez is hot. If only I were a little younger...

Rastak
04-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Sanchez to the Jets!

Overall Football Traits

Production 3 Limited experience (only 16 starts) but his production was impressive during his brief collegiate career. He started all 13 games as a junior in 2008 and went 12-1 as the starter. He completed 65.8-percent of his passes for 3,207 yards passing, 34 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Earned MVP of the 2009 Rose Bowl in final outing before declaring for the 2009 draft.

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Adequate height with a strong build. When healthy, he displays good speed and agility for the position.

Durability 3 Has been hindered by some nagging injuries but has not missed a start, as a result of one. Suffered a broken thumb early in 2007 season. Played through a dislocated kneecap injury in 2008, which he suffered during fall camp. Also suffered a bone bruise in his left knee during '08 Oregon game but played the following week versus Arizona State.

Character 2 In April 2006, Sanchez was arrested after a female USC student accused him of sexual assault. He was released from jail the next day on $200,000 bail. On June 3, 2006, the LA County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez due to a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt". Sanchez has had no off-the-field issues since. He is a hard worker with excellent football character. He takes his responsibility as a role model very seriously and anyone who interviews him will find him to be one of the most impressive individuals in the 2009 draft class.

Quarterback specific Traits

Game Management 3 Inexperience is concerning. Still learning the nuances of the position and approach to leading an offensive unit. Still maturing as a decision maker, as well. However, he made noticeable strides in this regard as a junior in 2008. He understands the value of ball control and knows how to go through progression reads. He is a vocal leader with exceptional passion for the game. Coaches rave about his work ethic. He is tough and will play through pain. An excellent competitor.

Accuracy 2 Sanchez's deep ball tends to float on occasion and Stafford makes harder throws (deep outs, comebacks, etc.) more accurately. But Sanchez is more consistently accurate in the short-to-intermediate zones  particularly between the numbers. He displays very good touch. Gets the ball out quickly and throws a 'catchable' ball on quick-hitters. Knows how to drop the ball in between linebackers and safeties. Rarely misses an open target.

Release 1 Very quick release with solid overall mechanics in his delivery. Gets rid of the ball quickly, particularly when needed on underneath throws. Shows strong hands and great ball control. Exceptional when it comes to pump-faking and pulling the ball back.

Arm Strength 3 Arm strength is adequate but not great. He can make all the necessary throws in the NFL but he needs to be good with his timing on certain throws vertically and outside the numbers. Gets good zip on intermediate throws, especially over the middle. But can't drive it vertically like Stafford and his deep outs take a bit too long to arrive.

Mobility 2 Very good pocket presence. Really improved in this area as a junior. Displays quick feet. Gets set quickly and shows agility to avoid the initial rush. Will step up in the pocket and also shows the foot speed to out-run the rush to the perimeter. Is a better athlete than appeared most of junior season, when he was battling a lingering knee injury.

Partial
What do you guys think of Sanchez as a player? I've only heard good things but from watching the few games I've seen I honestly didn't think he was anywhere near as good as Matt Leinart despite an equivalent wealth of talent around him.

However, the thing that Leinart lacks (moxie and leadership) is supposedly what Sanchez has in spades.

gbpackfan
Sanchez = Lienhart or Palmer?

Packnut
Am I the only person on the planet who believes Freeman is a better QB than Sanchez?

gbpackfan
Am I the only person on the planet who believes Freeman is a better QB than Sanchez?

Yes :wink:

retailguy
04-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Sanchez = Lienhart or Palmer?

depends on whether or not he plays this year.

Packnut

A little- or a LOT??????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

Brando19
Jets fans happy on draft day? What the hell is going on???

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM

That dude is only going to be with multiple chicks at the same time
So you've gotta get a bit more liberal to get with him :lol:

gbpackfan
Now it gets interesting! Who do the Bengals pick?

Rumor has it they will take BJ Raji or A. Smith.

pack4to84
this means the Packers will get a good player at 9

Fosco33
Gotta give it to the Jets lately - they're making efforts at every level to get better and get the ring.

red
i liked sanchez more then stafford

Bretsky

yes

Lurker64

They won't be so happy when they find out what it cost them.

What did it cost them, anyway?

Also, come on Cinci... take Orakpo!

CaliforniaCheez
04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Just got in and caught the Jets trade.

How can you all have 17 pages here when the draft just started?

Good job Browns!!

Packnut

Yes :wink:

Well, I wish Vegas took that kinda bet cause I'd load up on it. Sanchez is a bum.

Partial
This will be a very telling pick....

Pass on crabs... pass on crabs.. pass on crabs... (pass on crabs chant starts from all Packer fans towards the Bengals)

Rastak
Browns get 1st and a 2nd and 2 players....Coleman and Ratliff.

Bretsky

MAN, if they take ANDRE SMITH life will be good, very good :!:

TheCheese
04-25-2009, 03:45 PM

Hopefully they take one of those. I sure as hell don't want Smith, and I'm not crazy about Raji.

red
wow, jets got a steal

jets 1st and 2nd and a bunch of manginis guys to move all the way up to #5

thats a bargain

gbpackfan
Crabtree would make our O so sick!

pack4to84
that crowd is wild.

Fosco33
Browns get Ratliff, Coleman and Elam and 1st, 2nd rd picks.

Rastak

Yes, ya gotta love an unmotivated millionaire! :wink:

cpk1994
Ok, there are the Jets's fans I know and love.

Lurker64

I heard there was a third player: Abram Elam

wist43
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Hoping A. Smith comes off the board here...

TT will probably take him if he's there... he has a big bust factor.

Rastak

I heard there was a third player: Abram Elam

Yup! My mistake....3 players and an extra 2 I guess.

Bretsky

Unbelievably sick

here is my prediction

Crabs will be sitting there at 8

Bretsky will be chanting

The Jags will rip my heart out and take the Crabman

Partial
This is getting really exciting. I cannot fathom how Al Davis can pass on Crabtree, but I haven't seen him go there at all really. What an idiot Davis is!!!!!

gbpackfan
Cleveland gave up 2 picks (#17 and 53) and three scrubs.

1700 to 1320 (and 3 players)

I think the Jets did very well!

Gunakor

Unbelievably sick

here is my prediction

Crabs will be sitting there at 8

Bretsky will be chanting

The Jags will rip my heart out and take the Crabman

No way Al Davis doesn't take him if he's there at 7.

cpk1994
04-25-2009, 03:47 PM
wow, jets got a steal

jets 1st and 2nd and a bunch of manginis guys to move all the way up to #5

thats a bargainMangenius trying to find another way to stick it to Belicheck.

red

not if we don't have some o tackles that can give rodgers enough time to find his guys

or a d that can stop the other team from flat out outscoring us

Bretsky

Yup, get his ass out of the TTT temptation area

Fosco33
speaking of pro athlete 3somes.

Was in Vegas for conference - gambled next to the Big HURT for a few hours - then he left w/ 2 ladies of the night.

Later we were hanging with Floyd Merriweather Jr. Dude is real - salt of the earth.

retailguy
This is getting really exciting. I cannot fathom how Al Davis can pass on Crabtree, but I haven't seen him go there at all really. What an idiot Davis is!!!!!

you need to read the history of Al Davis. Idiot he is not.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:48 PM

not if we don't have some o tackles that can give rodgers enough time to find his guys

or a d that can stop the other team from flat out outscoring us

fricking pessimist; we've got free agency to fill in the holes :lol:

MJZiggy

A little- or a LOT??????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

Watch yerself, bucko.

gbpackfan
Andre Smith would be a great RT. I have no problem taking him. Just watch the tape. DOMINATION!

Brando19

They won't be so happy when they find out what it cost them.

What did it cost them, anyway?

Also, come on Cinci... take Orakpo!

1st rounder this year...2nd rounder this year...Brett Ratliff QB...a DE and I think a CB.

Partial

Yup, get his ass out of the TTT temptation area

Bust factor :lol: That's for sure!!!

http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/andre-smith.jpg

Rastak
So, the Bengals........

Raji?
Crabtree and then get rid of that idiot Ochocinco?
Monroe and Smith still on the board.

Fosco33
Which of our already decent WRs gets traded if Crabman is our guy?

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Are we taking bets on whether or not ESPN will go to commercial during the Packers pick(s)?

red

if he takes heyward bey over crabtree, then the NFL needs to step in and take the team away from him. for the sake of the better good of the nfl and the fans

Gunakor
Andre Smith would be a great RT. I have no problem taking him. Just watch the tape. DOMINATION!

My feelings exactly.

Bretsky

Was in Vegas for conference - gambled next to the Big HURT for a few hours - then he left w/ 2 ladies of the night.

Later we were hanging with Floyd Merriweather Jr. Dude is real - salt of the earth.

I'll call myself dummy here.......but who is the big HURT ?

TheCheese
Come on Smith !!!

Rastak

He is all about production.

Packnut

I'm just kinda curious to your thought process. You can only spend x amount of money on a position. IF you ovwerspend on one, you have to cut back on another.

Now I understand your in man love with Crabby. However, how can you spend that much money on the WR position. Remember, what ever you pay Crabby, Jenning's agent is gonna want at least 20-30 % more for Greg.

The economics of it just don't work out. Also, Crabby at 9 has to be considered a #1 WR at some point so how does a pro bowl WR be satisfied with being the #2 option?

retailguy

He is all about production.

and sandwiches.

gbpackfan
A. Smith to Cin? He is all smiles on ESPN!

Partial
04-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I bet Andre Smith's family yells at the movie theater screen. :lol:

They look like the stereotypical family from a movie that does that.

gbpackfan
Oakland has to go Crabtree. That pick is locked in!

Brando19
Bengals select ANDRE SMITH

Bretsky

Hasta la vista Ruvell

We don't have to trade anybody

If we did it might be Jones; he's decent but that's about it

Fosco33

I'll call myself dummy here.......but who is the big HURT ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_E._Thomas

future HOFer

TheCheese
04-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Fuck yeah !

gbpackfan
YES! Raji is going to be ours!

cpk1994
Bengals take Manboobs!

red
there he goes

best tackle in the draft IMO

i think he'll be a great pro

wist43
PHEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big tittied pile of goo is off the board :lol:

Packnut
Oakland has to go Crabtree. That pick is locked in!

I hope, but I think they are going Maclin.

Partial
Just goes to show that I bet teams place more emphasis on game tape and interviews than measurables. I think this is a very good pick.

Fosco33

Hasta la vista Ruvell

I like our WRs - I realize Crab is special but really think we need OT or DT/DE(OLB).

Rastak
Andre Smith to the Bengals....

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 Started every game (49) of his three-year career at Alabama (2006-'08) prior to his suspension for the 2009 Sugar Bowl. A consensus All-American and Outland Trophy winner as a junior in 2008.
Height-Weight-Speed 2 Adequate height for a tackle. Massive wide-body who could stand to lose a few pounds in the interest of improving his agility.

Durability 2 Some concern regarding potential weight issues. However, he never missed a game due to injury during three seasons as fulltime starter for the Crimson Tide.

Character 4 Had no off the field issues during vast majority of his playing career at Alabama and coaches/teammates speak highly of him as a person. But no player has come under more scrutiny than Smith during the pre-draft process. First, he has suspended for 2009 Sugar Bowl vs. Utah for improper dealings with an agent. Second, he showed up to the combine out of shape and unsure if he was to workout. Third, he chose not to workout and left the combine early while failing to announce it to his group leader.

Offensive Tackle specific Traits

Strength/Toughness 2 Massive OT prospect. Thickly built. Good upper-body strength and elite lower-body strength. Can create a new line of scrimmage in the run game and can anchor versus powerful bull rushers when set in pass pro. Rarely loses a battle at the point of attack. Plays with a mean streak at times but is a bit inconsistent with his motor.

Agility 3 Displays good initial quickness and agility for his size. Shuffles well laterally when coming out of his stance and when working in one direction (either right or left). But he struggles when asked to change directions. He will occasionally be a step late getting into position as a second-level blocker. He lunges a lot when moving forward and struggles to recover.

Awareness 2 Shows adequate-to-good awareness. Understands assignments and picks up the blitz consistently (from an awareness standpoint). If he misses an assignment it's almost always due to physical, not mental. He knows the angles and where he's supposed to be almost always. He will stick with a play and find someone to hit if the ball carrier changes direction back his way.

Pass Protection 3 Can anchor versus top bull rushers when he's set with leverage. Shows adequate quickness in his pass pro set. Usually gets in position to protect the edge initially, but doesn't show ideal mirror-and-slide skills. Struggles to adjust to quick second-move (See: first series versus Kentucky  when working against #51). Falls off far too many blocks. Doesn't jar DE's with his hand punch as effectively as he should.

Run Blocking 1 Motor runs hot and cold but he can be overpowering at the point of attack when he wants to be. Takes solid angles and is almost always in position if the block is at the line of scrimmage. Shows good upper-body power and even stronger in the lower body. Drives defenders off the line of scrimmage. A small concern here is that he sometimes is a bit slow getting into position as a second-level run blocker.

Brando19
Who would you guys want if available....Oher or Monroe?

pbmax
I don't want to count on Monroe's kneecap being healthy. If we took an O Tackle, I was hoping it was this guy.

gbpackfan
Crab comes off the board here. Lock!

TheCheese
04-25-2009, 03:52 PM
The more this draft unfolds the more trading down seems like the right choice. Although the value the jets got probably just fucked us over for getting a good trade.

mission
Monroe still on the board ...

Lurker64
Andre Smith is gone, that's a bullet dodged.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Hasta la vista Ruvell

Wouldn't get anything for Jones or Martin.

Hate to say it, coz it really hurts, but I think Driver is the one traded if we draft Crabtree.

TheCheese
Come on damn it, lets go Monroe !

Rastak
Raiders on the clock........

Monroe or Crabtree makes the most sense I think.

red
things aren't going as bad as i thought they might

we should be getting a damn good player

watch for a trade down if crab is still there

gbpackfan
Monroe for sure! How can TT pass on him for Oher. God, I will go fucking nuts if that happens!

Partial
Al Davis selects... fill in da blank

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 03:54 PM

A team could def. trade up for Monroe too!!!!

Bretsky

I'm just kinda curious to your thought process. You can only spend x amount of money on a position. IF you ovwerspend on one, you have to cut back on another.

Now I understand your in man love with Crabby. However, how can you spend that much money on the WR position. Remember, what ever you pay Crabby, Jenning's agent is gonna want at least 20-30 % more for Greg.

The economics of it just don't work out. Also, Crabby at 9 has to be considered a #1 WR at some point so how does a pro bowl WR be satisfied with being the #2 option?

Crabtree at #9 will not get Jennings money; you can have two superstars at WR. I think this guy is a future star and our offense could be incredible. I take the star over a decent player at a spot of need. And our cap is so dam healthy TTT can frontload Jennings nicely.

Eugene Monroe....elated with that guy as well. I think he's the same level of player Crabby is.

The rest are a step below IMO

Rastak
If the Raiders don't grab the Crab then I would guess Jacksonville will.

wist43
Andre Smith is gone, that's a bullet dodged.

Yes, that's exactly the way I looked at it... :lol:

Rastak

A team could def. trade up for Monroe too!!!!

True dat......

Packnut
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM

Crabtree at #9 will not get Jennings money; you can have two superstars at WR. I think this guy is a future star and our offense could be incredible. I take the star over a decent player at a spot of need. And our cap is so dam healthy TTT can frontload Jennings nicely.

Eugene Monroe....elated with that guy as well. I think he's the same level of player Crabby is.

The rest are a step below IMO

Ok, Monroe it is then.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Who would you guys want if available....Oher or Monroe?

MONROE..........HANDS DOWN

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Al loves speed burners at WR

red
i think it needs to be said

watch out for a possible kampman trade, if the coaches really don't think he's going to cut it at OLB

we should be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for him, at least

gbpackfan
I have a bad feeling about TT taking Oher over Monroe.

Rastak
Jimmy Durante works for the Raiders?

Brando19
The Oakland Raiders have selected

DARIUS HAYWARD

Rastak
HA!!!!!!!!!!

What a fucking idiot.

Bretsky
HOLY SHIT OF FRICKIN SHITS

TheCheese
Hahahah fucking raiders.

Partial
LOL!!!! CRABTREE is going to be a possibility.

TRADE WITH JAX if thats what it takes!!! My god!!!

gbpackfan
DHB! OH MY GOD. Davis strikes again! What a joke!!!!

red
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

al davis is a fucking MORON

mission
O

M

F

GGGGG!!!#R

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow...

Not too surprising, but... Wow.

wist43
Wow...

Is Davis and idiot or what :lol: :lol: :lol:

cpk1994
AL DAVIS STRIKES AGAIN! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fosco33
Wow - now I'm getting excited! Please Jags - don't jag us.

Packnut
I'm telling ya, no one wants Crabby

TheCheese
Come on Jax take Crab so we get Monroe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

falco
lol i dont' want crabtree, he looks like a whiny bitch

Gunakor
Crabtree is pissed.

Brando19
GET CRABTREE TRADE UP A PICK TT YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Partial
Everyone pray that Jacksonville takes Raji or Monroe..!!!

Bretsky

Al loves speed burners at WR

YO, I POSTED THIS BEFORE THEY PICK WAS MADE

:knll:

Rastak
04-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Darious TroyWilliamson-Bey

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 2005: Maryland red-shirts Heyward-Bey 2006: Heyward-Bey starts 10 of the 13 games he appears in catching 45 passes for a total of 694 yards and five touchdowns. 2007: Heyward-Bey starts all 13 games catching 51 passes for a total of 786 yards and three touchdowns. He carries the ball five times for a total of 107 yards and one touchdown. 2008: Heyward-Bey starts 12 of the 13 games he appears in catching 42 passes for a total of 609 yards and five touchdowns. He carries the ball 15 times for a total of 202 yards and one touchdown rushing.
Height-Weight-Speed 1 Possesses prototypical height, prototypical bulk and elite top-end speed.

Durability 2 2008: Misses Boston College game after injuring calf in the Florida State game the week before.
Character 4 No off-the-field issues to our knowledge. Although multiple sources inside NFL scouting departments have warned us regarding Heyward-Bey's 'football character'.

Wide Receiver specific Traits

Separation Skills 3 Highly explosive and can make corners pay when they don't give him a healthy cushion. Unpolished route runner that has a tendency to round off cuts and drift on occasion. Still has the burst to regularly separate from man coverage. Runs away from corners when running crossing routes.

Ball Skills 3 Focus is inconsistent. Drops too many 'catchable' balls. Very good natural ball skills, though. Has a lot of potential in this area but needs more reps. Strong hands, does a nice job of snatching the ball out of the air, and can make catches without breaking stride. Displays good body control and can catch balls thrown below waist as well as above his shoulders. Does a nice job of tracking the ball downfield.

Vertical Speed 1 Absolute burner and homerun threat. Goes from 0-60 mph instantly and has the second gear to run by corners at the NFL level.

Run After Catch 2 Breakaway speed and can go the distance any time gets a seam but lacks ideal elusiveness and isn't going to make many defenders miss.

Competitiveness and Toughness 2 Does a great job of fighting for the jump ball. Willing to go over the middle and make the tough catch in traffic. Doesn't deliver a violent punch and isn't a good blocker at this point.

wist43
Whoever runs the fastest 40....

That's Davis's guy, LOL

Fosco33
Now a trade is getting more likely.

mission
i dont want to draft a guy with a pinky ring...

rbaloha1
Raji or Crabtree?

My vote is Crabtree

wist43
TT will definitely have his pick of some good players...

TheCheese
04-25-2009, 03:59 PM
COME ON JAX ! Take the Crab !

MateoInMex
lmfao @ al davis and his senility

gbpackfan
We can have Raji, Monroe or Crabtree! WOW! What a draft this might be!

Jacksonville has to go Crabtree!!!

wist43
Raji or Crabtree?

My vote is Crabtree

Raji...

Defense, defense, and more defense...

Packgator
Now a trade is getting more likely.

Jax will take Crabs.

mission
wow who the fuck do we take?!

Bretsky
CRABTREE IS GOING at #8

I predicted this about an hour ago

Partial
Fingers crossed.... Hoping they take Monroe!!!

Getting the #1 on our board at #9 would be ridiculous!!!

Gunakor

And give up what? What's so important that you'd trade up even one spot to take him? We have enough WR's without Crabtree to be a very potent offense. We don't need Crabtree. That's an example of a serious luxury pick.

Besides, Monroe is BPA at this point, not Crabtree.

falco
04-25-2009, 04:00 PM
if crabtree's attitude made him fall, it serves him right.

Bretsky
wow who the fuck do we take?!

CRABY

wist43
RAJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brando19
PLEASE let Crabby be available at 9.......mygosh Al Davis is dumb....why didn't he trade down!?

wist43
OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bretsky
JAGS WILL TRADE AND BREAK MY HEART

rbaloha1

And give up what? What's so important that you'd trade up even one spot to take him? We have enough WR's without Crabtree to be a very potent offense. We don't need Crabtree. That's an example of a serious luxury pick.

Besides, Monroe is BPA at this point, not Crabtree.

Ditto. Crabby is worth It!

gbpackfan
RUMOR - Jacksonville would only take ONE WR in the 1st. That was CRABTREE. They also like B. Raji and A. Smith. A. Smith being gone, it will be Raji or Crabtree.

Fosco33
Crab or Monroe or trade down if one is there.

Rastak
That's funny, I would have been pissed if the Vikings had taken Heyward-Bey at 22.

CaliforniaCheez

That means he's looking to trade down....

Partial
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Crabby, Monroe or trade.. Gotta really be hoping for Crabby here. Dude is a sick talent. Please please please Jacksonville.. stick with the defensive mindset and go Raji or Monroe at OT.

TheCheese
Eugene Monroe at number 9 is fucking sick, lets hope this happens.

Bretsky
four minutes

gbpackfan
Boy, if Jax makes a pick here I smell a trade from the Packers.

Packnut
Football 101 my friends. Build from the lines out. No one on D worth 9 so goota go with Monroe. It's the only pick that makes sense.

rbaloha1

NO way not if Raji, Crabtree or Monroe being available

The Shadow
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Raji, Monroe or trade down!

Bretsky
Eugene Monroe at number 9 is fucking sick, lets hope this happens.

Crabtree or Monroe at 9; either is sick to get that talent there

Fosco33
This always happens with the guys I want (Crab) - someone trades up before right our pick and takes our guy. Then we take Monroe or trade out. Wait for it...

Rastak
The thing I REALLY REALLY like about the NFLN coverage is they don't show tons of highlights, they discuss things.....much better approach.

Lurker64
Why are people surprised that Al Davis does something stupid?

gbpackfan
Football 101 my friends. Build from the lines out. No one on D worth 9 so goota go with Monroe. It's the only pick that makes sense.

But what about the info. that Oher is rated higher then Monroe on TT's board?

mngolf19
That's funny, I would have been pissed if the Vikings had taken Heyward-Bey at 22.

I'm with ya Ras. I'm liking the possibilities here for OT at #22.

Gunakor

NO way not if Raji, Crabtree or Monroe being available

Trade down 2 slots and take the one that falls if you have them all rated equally. Get an extra pick in return. Makes sense.

imscott72
OMG do we dare grab Crabtree? We're getting an amazing player either way!! WOW thank God Al Davis was ahead of us..

Brando19
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
TT was just on the phone in the war room....I wish we had audio!

Packnut

But what about the info. that Oher is rated higher then Monroe on TT's board?

I'm just praying that is mis-information.

TheCheese
Now I don't think Jags have Monroe that high because they like run maulers and Monroe is more of a pass blocking technician. But I know we would love to draft him.

Partial
Why are people surprised that Al Davis does something stupid?

Because this is just beyond stupid. Then again, I'd be curious to know where he rates on other teams boards. Maybe he's higher than we all think.

Regardless.. how can you take this guy over Crabtree. Insane.

MateoInMex
For once there isn't a commercial break right before the Packer's pick. Don't fuck this up Teddy!

Tony Oday
04-25-2009, 04:04 PM
TT on the phone "I want some of that Grilled KFC Chicken!"

JH tell us about it! :)

cpk1994
TT was just on the phone in the war room....I wish we had audio!Why? YOu wnat to hear TT tell the Pizza guy what he wants on his pizza?

Packnut
Rodgers is now the franchise, ya gotta protect him.

TheCheese
FUCK !

Bretsky
NFL NETWORK SAYS MONROE OR TRADE

TheCheese
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Monroe is on the phone !

red
damnit, monroe is on the phone

we should get some offers for crab

gbpackfan
JAX is making a pick!

Partial
MONROE... MONROE... MONROE... MONROE.... MONROE!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
You just know we are going to take Oher. McGinn said the Pack like Oher more than Monroe.
:D

Tony Oday
holy moly I like this draft so far :)

Rastak
Jags take Monroe!

Cool....I was afraid GB would take him.

Looks like Raji perhaps for Green Bay.

Packnut
04-25-2009, 04:05 PM
FUCK ME

cpk1994
JAGS TAKE MONROE!

Bretsky
CRABTREE
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

MateoInMex
Does anyone have the Packer"WarRoom" link?

red
You just know we are going to take Oher. McGinn said the Pack like Oher more than Monroe.
:D

we're also very high on larry english

he's my shocker pick at #9

Fosco33
Does TT have the balls to take Crab and trade Driver?

Guarantee he'll trade down or do something stupid and take Raji or Oher.

TheCheese
Fucking shit I hope we trade down.

Partial
Here we go... Monroe on the phone!! The excitement is building. My heart is racing.. C'mon Monroe get picked at 8!!1 We want Crabtree!!!!

Tony Oday
lol Imagine Driver as a THIRD WR on a team!