PDA

View Full Version : The official 2009 DRAFT thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Partial
04-25-2009, 04:47 PM
This was the #1 guy on my board. I love this pick.

Raji has natural leverage
Of guys Raji's height and natural leverage, very few can carry this type of weight to anchor
Of the squatty, powerful guys that can carry the weight, even fewer can move the way Raji can

When you have a bad season, this is the exact type of rare piece that you need to add to make it worth it.

Ya'd need a forklift to move Raji out of the middle.

At the Senior Bowl you just needed a center

Yep. :lol:

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Ok Mr TT. Now that after all these drafts of me bitching about need, you FINALLY come around to my way of thinking................

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER

Time for you to give your dear TTT some serious MANLOVE :lol:

Oh man, I was drinking when I read this, Fuck me, tomato juice and vodka all over the keyboard. CRAP!

YUP; now the mighty have fallen :lol:

wist43
Gentleman, there is still a draft being conducted...... :lol:

Dude... let me enjoy this... when is the last time you saw me happy about a TT 1st round pick??? :lol:

you've turned soft
:wink:
I will keep fighting the analytical fight Wist

LOL :lol:

I'm sure I'll turn back into my usual cynical, skeptical self from the 2nd round on :D

Very happy with the Raji pick though :D

cpk1994
The media would have crushed TT for drafting Crabtree.

We are stacked at WR as is. I understand BPA. But TT said that you draft for need if the two are ranked the same. He obviously had Raji ranked as high as Crabtree. You can't honestly tell me TT has changed his ways. We all know that is not possible. Raji is a damn fine player and we should be damn happy that he fell in our laps.

One more thing, why does everyone keep worrying about Jennings? He is not going anywhere! I guarantee that. Ever heard of the franchise tag? A deal will get done. And if TT picked Crabtree, Jennings would have been none to happy to be making less money then a rookie.

Okay, I'm done now.Except MJS, which will probably crush TT for not drafting Crabtree. Bedard has already implied that in his blog.

Rastak
I wonder if Oher will bve there at #22?

MateoInMex
Nice pony tail!!! That guy looks like he should drive a Camaro and sport wrestling shoes.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 04:49 PM
My thought is that you try the guy at a different position before you give up. but you do that AFTER you give up on the position you drafted him for.

Or maybe because you switch defensive alignments and realize that the 4-3 tackle you drafted would be horrible at the nose?

We shall see. I disagree that Pickett is going anywhere. Harrell? Not anywhere near as confident.

There's a good chance that Pickett isn't starting even this year. That's how high I am on Raji. Well, and as low as I am on Pickett as well. I just don't think he's gonna be as good there as some say he will be, whereas I think Raji is a prototypical nose tackle who is gonna be a star in this league. That's the biggest reason I think he'll be gone, and TT will draft another NT in the middle rounds next year to backup Raji at a much cheaper salary.

retailguy

you just cursed yourself.

Fosco33
packer war room has espn - i like nfln.

maybe they dont get the ticket :P

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Highest rated player on my board is Maclin. But Oher may very well be the pick.

Partial
Malcome Jenkins is a hell of a pick at this point. Really really solid pick for the Saints.

Gunk, I've asked you countless times now. Answer da question.

What question, I must have missed it.

If Pickett is gone after next year, how is that improving the roster? It's been reported that Pickett will essentially be playing the same position as he played the past 3 years. He's very very, very solid during that time, as well as durable. He's finally entering his prime for an NT, and we're about to replace him.

IF Raji can be a 3-4 DE, then I love the pick as that is our biggest position of need. I don't think he'll be able to, though. Most of the board didn't either when I brought up that possibility a while ago.

rbaloha1
Crabtree at 10 is by far the best pick in the draft so far...

How can you be excited about Raji as a 5 snap a game player?!? Starting NT only plays 20ish snaps a game according to Waldo. Awful pick imo.

right, just because he's a monkey wearing glasses doesn't mean he is setting our depth chart

So you have Pickett, a very solid player, as a 5 snap a game player? I don't understand this logic at all.

This guy doesn't fit. We don't have a huge need at NT. We had a glaring need at DE. We've made a rich position richer, but passed on a rare talent in Crabtree.Raji can play DE. Or is your man crush on Crabtree blind you?

You have no more evidence to suggest he can play DE than somebody who says he can not ; if you look at him physically a guy of his size is not normally a DE in the 3-4But that doesn't automatically preclude him from playing DE either. Im just reponding to Partial's usual retardosity. You understand the pick at least.

Retardosity? I understand the pick as well. They're going to solidify depth at NT.. Next year, they will probably let a quality NT in Pickett walk so they can replace him with a Raji. No net improvement in the roster. Don't like the pick at all.

TT alluded to Raji playing de which is the most likely scenario.

Rastak

Perhaps.....I'm still hoping for Harvin though.......

pbmax
04-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Bretsy and Partial, only JSO and us think there is only one approach to picking the draft. Teams that are smart consider all options, including the cost of picking one option over the other.

Crabtree may have been BPA, but Thompson has never said that is his only concern. McGinn/Siverstein/Bedard do, but not the guy calling the shots. If you have no desperate need for the BPA then the next question is "is there value at this pick outside of that player?" Raji probably fits there.

But even if he doesn't, then trading down is not always an option, as you may not have takers in a spot where you can get similar value than Raji or Crabtree at 9.

I like the pick. Crabtree would have been OK, but I like Raji better.

gbpackfan
The media would have crushed TT for drafting Crabtree.

We are stacked at WR as is. I understand BPA. But TT said that you draft for need if the two are ranked the same. He obviously had Raji ranked as high as Crabtree. You can't honestly tell me TT has changed his ways. We all know that is not possible. Raji is a damn fine player and we should be damn happy that he fell in our laps.

One more thing, why does everyone keep worrying about Jennings? He is not going anywhere! I guarantee that. Ever heard of the franchise tag? A deal will get done. And if TT picked Crabtree, Jennings would have been none to happy to be making less money then a rookie.

Okay, I'm done now.Except MJS, which will probably crush TT for not drafting Crabtree. Bedard has already implied that in his blog.

Bedard is a douche. I have never met a guy so full of shit then this wind bag. Terrible hire by the MJS. Oh well - I like the pick.

retailguy
My thought is that you try the guy at a different position before you give up. but you do that AFTER you give up on the position you drafted him for.

Or maybe because you switch defensive alignments and realize that the 4-3 tackle you drafted would be horrible at the nose?

We shall see. I disagree that Pickett is going anywhere. Harrell? Not anywhere near as confident.

There's a good chance that Pickett isn't starting even this year. That's how high I am on Raji. Well, and as low as I am on Pickett as well. I just don't think he's gonna be as good there as some say he will be, whereas I think Raji is a prototypical nose tackle who is gonna be a star in this league. That's the biggest reason I think he'll be gone, and TT will draft another NT in the middle rounds next year to backup Raji at a much cheaper salary.

Well, at least you admitted what the issue is. If Ragi is successful at DE, this won't happen. If he isn't, then maybe.

we'll see how versatile the guy really is. And I agree with ted that he's capable of a 3 down player. but, maybe that 3rd down is at DE, as they say he can rush the passer too.

HarveyWallbangers
So you have Pickett, a very solid player, as a 5 snap a game player? I don't understand this logic at all.

Well, Pickett isn't a guy that plays close to 100% of the snaps. I imagine the two will split the snaps when we play 3-4 most of the time, but both will be on the field in situations where we play 4-3. Capers likes to mix and match, so we will play 4-3 at times. Thus, I think both guys will get 30+ snaps/game.

A good 3-4 defense needs a Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, or Jamal Williams. Hopefully, we have that guy now.

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 04:52 PM
WOW! Larry English. Damn, I thought the Pack would look at him in the 2nd.

Fosco33
Who do u guys want at 41? What about Favre trade pick at 83 (my guess - tt trades that one to piss off favre).

rbaloha1
Malcome Jenkins is a hell of a pick at this point. Really really solid pick for the Saints.

If Pickett is gone after next year, how is that improving the roster? It's been reported that Pickett will essentially be playing the same position as he played the past 3 years. He's very very, very solid during that time, as well as durable. He's finally entering his prime for an NT, and we're about to replace him.

IF Raji can be a 3-4 DE, then I love the pick as that is our biggest position of need. I don't think he'll be able to, though. Most of the board didn't either when I brought up that possibility a while ago.

Based on play not insignificant numbers why can BJ not play de? Are you saying TT is wrong?

retailguy

now you just cursed yourself. :P

TheCheese
FUCK ! There goes my favourite player in the draft.

rbaloha1
Who do u guys want at 41? What about Favre trade pick at 83 (my guess - tt trades that one to piss off favre).

BARWIN OR MALAUGA

Rastak
04-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Bolts take English....the second surprise......

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 2004: English appears in the first game of the season but sustains a season-ending injury and takes a medical red shirt. (See durability) 2005: English starts nine of the 11 games he appears in finishing with 57 total tackles, 21 unassisted tackles, eight tackles-for-loss, two sacks and one fumble recovery. 2006: English starts all 13 games finishing with 51 total tackles, 32 unassisted tackles, 16 tackles-for-loss, 12 sacks, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. 2007: English starts all 12 games finishing with 67 total tackles, 29 unassisted tackles, 17 tackles-for-loss, 10.5 sacks, two pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 2008: English starts in all 13 games finishing with 37 tackles including 16 tackles-for-loss and eight sacks. He also finishes the
year with one pass breakup, a fumble recovery and three forced fumbles.

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Good bulk and adequate height but lacks ideal top-end speed for 3-4 outside linebacker. Above-average top-end speed and adequate height but lacks ideal bulk for a 4-3 defensive end.

Durability 4 2004: Sustains a season-ending injury in the season opener. 2006: Sustains a serious knee injury during the 2006 Poinsettia Bowl.

Character 1 Uncle Charles Richardson played fullback at Wisconsin during the 1970's. There have been no off-the-field issues to our knowledge. Earned the MAC's Vern Smith Leadership Award (league MVP) in 2007 and 2008. Earned a 3.0 GPA during the 2007 spring semester.

Defensive End specific Traits

Agility/Quickness 2 Has an explosive first step and excels at disrupting plays in the backfield. Shows above-average lateral mobility and can redirect inside after starting outside but hasn't shown great hip fluidity during cover drills and going to have some limitations in coverage if moved to 3-4 outside linebacker as expected. .

Strength/Toughness 2 Above-average upper body strength and plays with an edge. Aggressive and can deliver big hits. Fights to hold ground and shows adequate but not elite lower body strength on film.

Instincts 2 Locates the ball quickly and generally gets in good position to make a play. Recognizes bootlegs and does a good job of staying home.

Pass Rusher 1 Relentless and does an excellent job of looking to knock the ball loose when closing from the quarterback's blindside. Shows an effective rip move and does a good job of working half the man effectively making it difficult for offensive tackles to lock onto his frame. Gets under blockers' pads and flashes the ability to drive offensive tackles into the lap of the quarterback when they try to take away the edge by backpedaling. Lacks elite timed-speed but much quicker than fast, excels at bending inside (see 2008 Tennessee game) and should have some success turning the corner at the NFL level as a result.

Run Stopper 3 Can get engulfed by tackles and would struggle to hold ground if asked to line up at end in the NFL but big enough to hold his own working against tight ends. Active hands and flashes the ability to shed blockers in time to make a play on the ball. May not be a sideline-to-sideline player in the NFL but works from the snap until the whistle, takes adequate angles to the ball and can make plays in pursuit.

Partial

Well, Pickett isn't a guy that plays close to 100% of the snaps. I imagine the two will split the snaps when we play 3-4 most of the time, but both will be on the field in situations where we play 4-3. Capers likes to mix and match, so we will play 4-3 at times. Thus, I think both guys will get 30+ snaps/game.

A good 3-4 defense needs a Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, or Jamal Williams. Hopefully, we have that guy now.

That's true, I didn't think about the 4-3 possibility. You've got to love our interior for a 4-3 now :)

red
damn, there goes my dream of english falling to us in the second

wist43
Maybe he has Crabtree rated at 8.9...

And Raji at 8.89... you have a need at NT/DT - you take the big guy.

Would have been okay with Crabtree... but I think Raji makes us better right now, and for the long term.

I agree with TT when he says you just don't find guys like Raji all the time... you have a shot at a guy like Raji, you take him.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 04:54 PM
So I spoke with my former college roomate from New York this morn; I've watched the past 26 drafts.

In college he thought I was hilarious.

Each of the four years I'd go to Sams's WholeSale and get this huge garbage bag of Cheetos for $5 at the time.

I'd sit in this low chair with Coke Classic's and the bag of Cheetos for all of Saturday and Sunday. He thought it was hilarious.

This morning I told him I had a feeling Crabtree would fall into the Packers laps at #9 and it would give us a franchise changing opportunity to draft a superstar.

Went on to tell him talent wise we were much better than a 6-10 team last year and we can turn it around fast and watch an unstoppable offense for many years to come if this occured.

My cell phone and home phone are ringing off the hook

Needless to say, I'm bitter so I'm not picking the dam thing up !!!!!!

Rastak

Everything I say is a curse? Well, I do curse alot.

Joemailman

Connor Barwin or William Beatty would be cool with me.

Packnut

Of guys Raji's height and natural leverage, very few can carry this type of weight to anchor
Of the squatty, powerful guys that can carry the weight, even fewer can move the way Raji can

When you have a bad season, this is the exact type of rare piece that you need to add to make it worth it.

Can't believe I'm doing this, BUT in answer to your very sarcastic comment, I give you this quote that I agree totally with:

Senior Bowl a big thing? Don't put too much stock in all-star games. Most people go off what see on tape in college games.

That from Teddy! Yeah baby, Teddy and me now seeing eye to eye!

(has hell frozen over?)

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 04:55 PM

I don't rate Pickett and Raji equally. Not at all. I rate Pickett as a guy drafted to play in a 4-3 and has spent his entire career playing in basically the same defensive philosophy, one who will struggle to adapt to Capers' 3-4. Raji I rate as a prototypical 3-4 NT both in measurables and talent, who next year I believe will be much better at the position than Pickett. So we dump Pickett and his starters salary for a cheaper backup.

I think Raji playing DE this year is like Colledge playing LG for the last several years. Eventually, they're both going to move back to their natural positions and be cornerstones there. Next year, probably for both of them.

Partial
04-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Darnit! Was hoping for Engrish is round two.

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Want an OT or rush LB in the 2nd.

Fosco33
think jets will make playoffs w/ dirty?

wonder if his, 'west coast, best coast' comment goes over in big city...

Gunakor
Want an OT or rush LB in the 2nd.

Gotta get our RT, or it's not looking good at all there.

The Shadow
So I spoke with my former college roomate from New York this morn; I've watched the past 26 drafts.

In college he thought I was hilarious.

Each of the four years I'd go to Sams's WholeSale and get this huge garbage bag of Cheetos for $5 at the time.

I'd sit in this low chair with Coke Classic's and the bag of Cheetos for all of Saturday and Sunday. He thought it was hilarious.

This morning I told him I had a feeling Crabtree would fall into the Packers laps at #9 and it would give us a franchise changing opportunity to draft a superstar.

Went on to tell him talent wise we were much better than a 6-10 team last year and we can turn it around fast and watch an unstoppable offense for many years to come if this occured.

My cell phone and home phone are ringing off the hook

Needless to say, I'm bitter so I'm not picking the dam thing up !!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing such a compelling personal story.

Waldo
Big fan of English, behind Moreno he was my 2nd favorite player in the draft.

Good pick

Lamarr Woodley 2.

Kid is tough as nails. x1000.

Partial
I don't rate Pickett and Raji equally. Not at all. I rate Pickett as a guy drafted to play in a 4-3 and has spent his entire career playing in basically the same defensive philosophy, one who will struggle to adapt to Capers' 3-4. Raji I rate as a prototypical 3-4 NT both in measurables and talent, who next year I believe will be much better at the position than Pickett. So we dump Pickett and his starters salary for a cheaper backup.

I think Raji playing DE this year is like Colledge playing LG for the last several years. Eventually, they're both going to move back to their natural positions and be cornerstones there. Next year, probably for both of them.

I think you're underrating Pickett. He's a very good player.

Waldo posted something about Raji not being a very good fit for the 3-4 NT spot which I tended to agree with. Hopefully the chimp is wrong.

retailguy
04-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Everything I say is a curse? Well, I do curse alot.

does a little mary jane bother you?

Rastak
Trade! Browns trade again!

Rastak
Bucs on the clock.

red
browns trade again

Joemailman
TB to take Freeman?

Partial
04-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Good pick

Lamarr Woodley 2.

What do you think of the Raji pick? Seems the crowd here is torn, with Bretsky and I being skeptical.

gbpackfan
Tampa Bay is in love with FREEMAN. Denver was probably going to take him.

cpk1994
Trade! Browns trade again!The Browns are apparently doing their TT impression.

TheCheese

Good pick

Lamarr Woodley 2.

Yup, knew he wouldn't last long even though most people had him in the second. Dude is going to be fucking crazy good in SD.

Packnut

He's the best QB in the draft

Rastak
04-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Bucs coughed up a 5 or 6 I guess to move two spots.....

retailguy
04-25-2009, 05:00 PM
freeman on the phone.... probably just changing his cell plan. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I wanted one of the following players: Tyson Jackson, Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Aaron Curry, or B.J. Raji.

I'm with you, but I would have also been okay with trading back and getting Malcolm Jenkins also.

gbpackfan

He's the best QB in the draft

Not in my opinion. But what the hell do I know! :lol:

Rastak
Bucs take Freeman!

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Freeman appeared in 11 of 13 games as a true freshman in 2006, including starts in the final eight games. He started all 12 games as a sophomore in 2007, completing 63.3-percent of his throws for 3,353 yards with 18 TDs and 11 INTs. He started all 12 games again as a junior in 2008, completing 58.6-percent of his throws for 2,945 yards with 20 TDs and 8 INTs.
Height-Weight-Speed 1 Top of the line physical tools. Is tall, well-built and also moves well for his size.

Durability 1 Remarkably durable. Big and flexible athlete. Started the final 32 consecutive games at KSU.

Character 3 No off-the-field issues. Showed a lot of character carrying his team and battling through some tough seasons at KSU. But scouts will work long and hard trying to uncover his true leadership skill and mental capacity prior to draft weekend, as there are questions regarding both.

Quarterback specific Traits

Game Management 3 Inconsistent. Struggled in bigger games versus faster defenses. Makes bad reads on occasion and throws into double coverage too often, especially when pass rush is closing in on him. Will occasionally take too long to recognize coverage and find open receiver. Another year of mental development and refining would have benefited him. However, he's a three-year starter with excellent game experience for only a junior. He had to consistently try to overcome a marginal supporting cast and was forced to take some chances in order to make plays at times.

Accuracy 2 Stands tall in the pocket and can see the entire field. Plays in pro-style offense and is accustomed to taking snaps under center and making reads while dropping. Is very accurate when he makes the right decision on where to go with the ball. Can be erratic with his decisions at times. Will try to force too many throws. Tends to stare down his primary target until he has decided whether he's open or not. Needs to look off the safeties more often. Touch as an underneath passer needs improving, as well.

Release 3 A bit of a three-quarter delivery, but not a factor because of his excellent height. He sets the ball high, will pat it before delivering on occasion, and then dips the ball down before bringing it forward. His velocity makes up for it most of the time but he definitely gives DB's a slight tip.

Arm Strength 1 Excellent arm strength. Can fit the ball into tight spaces and shows good touch on the deep ball. Can drill the ball 40 yards on a rope without a problem (see: first TD pass versus Texas Tech in 2008).

Mobility 2 Shows quick feet in set. Very agile for his size. Good athlete. A threat to tuck the ball and run. Good vision as a runner. Will make a sharp cut and find daylight. Size and strength make him very effective on QB sneaks. Needs to protect the ball better when he takes off running.

Fosco33
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
gruden loves the pick for tb.

gbpackfan
Denver is next. They already went RB. Next will be? Everette Brown???

pbmax

That's true, I didn't think about the 4-3 possibility. You've got to love our interior for a 4-3 now :)
You will see a 4-3 look for obvious passing downs (a sub package as M3 calls it). In that lineup you will have three D lineman and an OLB or 4 d lineman rushing the passer. Raji can play in that set without dislodging Pickett. He can also spell him at NT during 1st and 2nd down. There is room for him immediately.

retailguy
gruden loves the pick for tb.

does he play this year?

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Best QBs are off the board....a bit of a dropoff now.

Broncos need defense.......bad......

Rastak
Denver is next. They already went RB. Next will be? Everette Brown???

Could be, they HAVE to go defense......

Joemailman
Everette Brown would be a good pick for Denver.

Bretsky

Can't believe I'm doing this, BUT in answer to your very sarcastic comment, I give you this quote that I agree totally with:

Senior Bowl a big thing? Don't put too much stock in all-star games. Most people go off what see on tape in college games.

(has hell frozen over?)

Gosh I'm thinking of a certain poster who consistently loves TT and everything he does and picturing you and him together now smoking a cigar and toasting TT :!:

From enemies to best friends :?:

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
ESPN predicting Robert Ayers. BUST.

Lurker64
Freeman is a huge reach, Denver needs *everything* on Defense.

Packnut

(has hell frozen over?)

Gosh I'm thinking of a certain poster who consistently loves TT and everything he does and picturing you and him together now smoking a cigar and toasting TT :!:

From enemies to best friends :?:

Well, let's see if pick 2 is a LB or saftey before we go that far! :lol:

gbpackfan
ESPN also saying "Denver thinks you can never have enough RBs." Maybe they should pick Beanie Wells here! :lol:

red
04-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Bucs coughed up a 5 or 6 I guess to move two spots.....

they got a steal, it was their 6th, #191.

it does look like the trade chart is out the window this year

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Freeman is a huge reach, Denver needs *everything* on Defense.

My thoughts exactly! Time will tell though.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:06 PM
LOVE THIS 10 MINUTE FORMAT

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 05:07 PM
interview with BJ Raji on packers.com right now

gbpackfan
Ayers is the pick for Denver. Don't like the pick. His number at Tenn gives me shivers! (91). Ayers was only a 1 year starter. Yuck.

Badgerinmaine
Been trying to find a mock draft online that goes more than one round. Here's who one board came up with for the Packers in the second:
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Draft/Jarron%20Gilbert.htm

Rastak
Broncos take Robert Ayers........

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Tennessee red shirts Ayers in 2004 and he appears in nine games in 2005. 2006-2007: Ayers starts two of the 27 games he appears in, recording a total of 59 tackles including 44 unassisted tackles, 15 tackles-for-loss and five sacks. He deflects three passes. 2008: Ayers starts in all 12 games, recording a total of 49 tackles including 34 unassisted tackles, 15.5 tackles-for-loss and three sacks. He intercepts one pass and records six quarterback hurries.

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Adequate height with very good bulk. Top-end speed is below average for the position.

Durability 2 Broke his hand during August scrimmage in 2006 and played with a cast. Otherwise, durability was not an issue during career at UT.

Character 4 Charged with aggravated assault in 2005 and Tennessee suspends him from team. School suspends him from summer school and puts him on indefinite suspension. Charges reportedly stem from fights between football players and fraternity members. The charge is later reduced to misdemeanor assault and Ayers pleads guilty. Reportedly, he was not the most coachable player early in his career but has since matured.

Defensive End specific Traits

Agility/Quickness 2 Good natural athlete for his size. Quicker than fast and can beat blockers to the point of contact. Fluid changing directions when attacking upfield and shows good lateral mobility scraping down the line of scrimmage. Has some experience lining up in two-point stance.
Strength/Toughness 3 Below-average upper body strength and doesn't deliver a violent initial punch. That showed up on the bench press at the Combine, where he only notched 18 reps. He does, however, display active hands and fights to get off blocks. Lower body strength appears good on film. He can anchor and hold ground.

Instincts 4 Can get caught trying to time the snap rather than going on movement of the ball. Gets caught too far upfield at times and vulnerable to draws. Lacks ideal discipline. Needs to do a more consistent job of staying home and taking away cutback lanes/reverses/end-around.

Pass Rusher 2 Lacks ideal closing speed but explosive, gets good inside lean and flashes the ability to turn the corner. Can redirect inside after starting outside and flashes effective double moves. Keeps heap up and generally does a good job of getting hands up when sees quarterback start throwing motion. While drives legs on contact, isn't a powerful bull rusher.

Run Stopper 2 Explosive first step and can disrupt plays in the backfield. Takes sound pursuit angles and shows good closing speed for size. Plays too high and has some problems holding ground as a result. Doesn't split double teams well. Inconsistent open field tackler though flashes the ability to deliver the big hit.

red

yup, it was great last year too

Guiness
'lo all

late to the show. Found a new game called Travian, and it's a time sink!

BZnDallas
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM

:bclap:

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Ayers is the pick for Denver. Don't like the pick. His number at Tenn gives me shivers! (91). Ayers was only a 1 year starter. Yuck.

Mayock loves him.....he kicked Oher's ass at the senior bowl but we'll see....it was one game.

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I sure hope the Lions don't draft Maclin. C. Johnson and Maclin would be tough!!!

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
'lo all

Dude, I game more than the average man but this is the NFL draft!

jmbarnes101
04-25-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm hoping Oher and Maclin are gone before 22.

Lurker64
04-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Ayers makes no sense in Denver. He's valuable since he plays 4-3 end: He rushes the passer and he stops the run about equally well. What's he going to do in a 3-4? Don't like the pick at all.

Then again, Denver is probably more of a "Big Nickel" team than a 3-4 team, what with Nolan.

Waldo
04-25-2009, 05:11 PM

Good pick

Lamarr Woodley 2.

What do you think of the Raji pick? Seems the crowd here is torn, with Bretsky and I being skeptical.

I think that he's a situational package use right now, the NT in passing situations.

But a run down project at NT, that will take a few years.

Athletically at NT he is the best to come around in decades. But totally lacks NT instincts.

Fosco33
3rd time?

gbpackfan
I'm hoping Oher and Maclin are gone before 22.

I don't think they will take Oher. Now that I go over their roster in my head, they may very well take ILB Rey Maualuga. Their MLB is a nobody. It may even be Paris Lenon. YIKES!

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Gotta admit

I love what Cleveland is going

They are going to load up on talent in this deep draft

packers11
Is T.T. working for the Browns today? 3rd Trade down... lol

Rastak
Eagles get Pettigrew perhaps? That would be a good pick by them.

gbpackfan
WOW. Is TT running the Browns too?

I thought the Eagles would take Wells. But Maclin it is. GOOD! No Maclin in Motown!

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:13 PM
They are going to load up on talent in this deep draft

Deep draft? There are people that think this draft is the worst in recent memory.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM

Good pick

Lamarr Woodley 2.

I think that he's a situational package use right now, the NT in passing situations.

But a run down project at NT, that will take a few years.

Athletically at NT he is the best to come around in decades. But totally lacks NT instincts.

comletely agree; a solid prospect but not near as good as Ngata when he came out IMO and I think Woolfold was better as well.

I hope Raji develops into being that good though

gbpackfan
Detroit has to be picking an ILB now, right?

Gunakor

Jeremy Maclin. They finally got McNabb a new WR!!!

Awesome pick!!

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Maclin was a great pick as well :!:

Would the Vikes consider Pettigrew ?

Rastak
Eagles take Maclin......nice pick.......they can grab Pettigrew in a pick or two....

GREAT value.....

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 2006: Maclin is expected to see substantial playing time as a true freshman but sustains a season-ending knee injury during seven-on-seven drill in July. 2007: Maclin starts 12 of the 14 game he appears in catching 80 passes for a total of 1,055 yards and nine touchdowns. He rushes for 375 yards and four touchdowns on 51 carries. Maclin throws two passes and one gets intercepted. He returns 25 punts for a total of 307 yards (12.3 yard avg.) and two touchdowns and 43 kickoffs for a total of 1,039 yards (24.2 yard avg.) and one touchdown. 2008: Maclin starts all 14 games catching 102 passes for a total of 1,260 yards and 13 touchdowns. He rushes for a total of 293 yards and two touchdowns on 40 carries. Maclin returns 23 punts for a total of 270 yards (11.7 yard avg.) and one touchdown and 42 kickoffs for a total of 1,010 yards (24 yard avg.) and one touchdown.

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Adequate-to-good height, adequate bulk and exceptional top-end speed.

Durability 3 Sustained season-ending knee injury in July, 2006. Sustained season-ending knee injury in 2006. 2008: Injures left ankle in fourth quarter of Illinois game and does not return. Also suffers mild knee injury (hyper-extended) at the Combine but returns to workouts that day. Subsequent test results come back negative for any significant damage.

Character 2 Hard worker. Tough for his size. True competitor. Battled back from a tough knee injury in 2005.
Wide Receiver specific Traits

Separation Skills 3 Quick and fast but doesn't sink hips and explode out of breaks, so is going to have a harder time separating from man coverage at the NFL level. At his best working quick-hitting routes, vertical sideline routes and dragging through zones. But lacks experience versus press technique and has lots to learn in regards to setting up defenders in man-coverage.

Ball Skills 2 Can catch waist-high passes without breaking stride. Does a good job of tracking the ball downfield and can haul in over-the-shoulder catches without breaking stride. Times jumps fairly well and shows above-average body control in the air but doesn't always extend arms and snatch ball out of the air when going up for jump balls.

Vertical Speed 1 Explodes off the line and has the second gear to run past corners when doesn't get slowed down at the line of scrimmage.
Run After Catch 1 Fluid turning upfield, can make the first defender miss and reaches top speed quickly. Great instincts and he can spin away from corners after catching the ball with his back to the defense. Reads blocks well and can turn a bubble screen into a long gain in a flash. Can bounce off arm tackles and flashes an effective stiff arm. Coughs the ball up a little too much.

Competitiveness and Toughness 3 Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Isn't afraid to launch body and extend ball over pylon. Doesn't appear to take much pride in blocking and lacks a mean streak. At times runs out of bounds when could fight for a couple extra yards.

Bretsky

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:16 PM

Harvin....Harvin.....Harvin

He'd be a nice weapon though.....Pettigrew that is......

I like how this is falling.....

Partial
04-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Can't believe that Philly didn't try to deal that pick for Boldin. Unknown entity versus big, physical receiver. They already have a little burner in Jackson.

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:17 PM

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

Rey Maualuga or Oher would both make sense.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 05:17 PM

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

OMG Oher is still on the board, that's right!

What are the odds a decent OT drops to us at #41 that could step in and start at RT right away?

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Harvin will be there. I doubt Det. picks him here. And Cleveland isn't going to take him.

channtheman
Can't believe that Philly didn't try to deal that pick for Boldin. Unknown entity versus big, physical receiver. They already have a little burner in Jackson.

I don't think AZ really wanted to trade Boldin. I think they are just sending him a message that they tried to trade him and no one wanted him. Now he just needs to shut up and play football for the Cardinals.

Rastak

Harvin will be there. I doubt Det. picks him here. And Cleveland isn't going to take him.

I agree, that's why I like how it is falling.....

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Det. NEEDS A MLB. They will take USC guy unless they want Ohio State's "baby animal" in round 2.

Possibly Oher?

Bretsky

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

What are the odds a decent OT drops to us at #41 that could step in and start at RT right away?

Britton ?

I was pondering what it would take for TT to move up and grab Oher ??

gbpackfan
WOW! Detroit blew it with this pick!

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Well there's a surprise...

All the help they need all over the place and they take a TE?

red
eh

they should have taken oher

Bretsky
WOW

What is Detroit going to do on Defense ?

Can we have a Packerrat tryout ????????

gbpackfan
They have to be thinking Lauranitis (sp?) in round 2!

Rastak
Lions take Pettigrew......HA......screwed the Eagles a bit.

They needed help on the line....I guess BPA......

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Red-shirted in 2004. Played in 11 games (nine starts) as a freshman in 2005, finishing with 128 yards and one TD on 11 receptions. Started all 13 games as a sophomore in 2006, finishing with 310 yards and four scores on 24 receptions. Started all 13 games as a junior in 2007, finishing with 540 yards (15.4) and four scores on 35 receptions. 2008: Starts all 10 games he plays and finishes with 472 yards on 42 catches (zero TD's).

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Possesses prototypical height and bulk for an NFL tight end. He's a good athlete but his straight-line speed is below-average for the position  particularly for a high draft choice.

Durability 2 Injuries have not been a significant issue. He missed three games (Troy, Texas A&M and Missouri) in 2008 due to an ankle injury. But he recovered and finished the season strong. He also started all 13 games during each of the previous two seasons (2006-'07).

Character 4 Charged with felony assault and battery of a police officer in February, 2008. Police responded to an altercation at a residence in Stillwater, OK. When asked to leave, Pettigrew refused and elbowed an officer in the chest. Pettigrew has since pleaded guilty to a lesser charge (misdemeanor assault and battery) in return for fines paid and 20 hours of community service. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication in the incident and was fined $100. He received a deferred sentence and won't have a criminal record if he successfully completes probation. Coach Mike Gundy declined to suspend Pettigrew, saying in February that he would allow the case to run its course.

Tight End specific Traits

Ball Skills 2 Productive receiver with big, soft hands. He can pluck on the run and also catches the ball consistently over his head. Rarely drops a 'catchable' pass and when he does it typically has been due to a lapse in concentration.
Separation Skills 3 Big target; knows how to use his frame to shield defenders from the ball. Is fluid and smooth for his size. Shows adequate-to-good initial burst off the line. But he doesn't run all of his routes with the same level of urgency. He is sloppy with his breaks and needs rounds too many off. Shows an overall lack of discipline at times.

Blocking 1 Better blocker than most at his position. Big frame with long arms and big hands. Good overall strength for a TE. Is able to anchor at the point of attack when he stays low. Displays good upper-body power for the position and flashes a mean streak. Does a good job with his first step. He is a more effective blocker in-line than he is in space, though. He needs to be more consistent with his technique in space, rather than looking to bury the defender with his initial pop.

Toughness 2 Flashes a mean streak. Will make tough catches in traffic. Won't back down from a challenge. Only concern here is with his mental toughness. Tends to turn motor on and off. Can get lazy and undisciplined at times.

Big-Play Potential 4 This is one of the big areas of concern regarding his pro potential. While smooth and fluid for his size, he lacks the speed necessary to consistently stretch the seam as a receiver. Additionally, while he is a tough runner after the catch, he's not going to make many defenders miss in space, nor will he run away from many LB's or DB's in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
I would love for the Vikings to take Harvin. I see him as another Peter Warrick. I have a bad feeling they'll pass on Harvin.

Gunakor

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

Britton ?

I don't want to give up a 2 and a 3. I think he could give up a 2 and a 4 to move up high enough for Britton, who I think is going to be a very solid RT. I was just wondering what the odds of someone like Britton are just falling to #41.

Bretsky
They have to be thinking Lauranitis (sp?) in round 2!

He's solid, but don't you think they are looking for more of a pass rusher ?

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I would love for the Vikings to take Harvin. I see him as another Peter Warrick. I have a bad feeling they'll pass on Harvin.

I see him as a Hester....time will tell.....I am all for the pick.

Pat Kirwin was practically wetting himself on NFL radio with the possibilities having Peterson and Harvin on the field.

RashanGary
04-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Mauluga, Oher, Britton, Harvin would all seem to make sense.

red

i see him as the type of cancer that you wish your enemies would get

Bretsky

USC dude ?

Or Oher ?

Britton ?

I don't want to give up a 2 and a 3. I think he could give up a 2 and a 4 to move up high enough for Britton, who I think is going to be a very solid RT. I was just wondering what the odds of someone like Britton are just falling to #41.

would be nice; our last glaring need IMO is at OT

Then jam the defense with prospects

Rastak
Mauluga, Oher, Britton, Harvin would all seem to make sense.

Browns that is!

I thought the Iggles were on the clock.....

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
how many rounds does this draft go through tonight ??

RashanGary
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Vikes need to be careful though. As much of a douche as Tice was, he was a good line coach and they had players. You take that for granted. The WR playmaker sounds great, but you don't appreciate that line until it's gone (take it from a Packer fan who knows what it's like to have a shitty OL and last year a shitty DL)

Lurker64
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM

Just 2.

Guiness
'lo all

Dude, I game more than the average man but this is the NFL draft!

I know, I know. But I'm in Canada, so it's not like everyone's talking about it. I got caught up fixing one of those Hot Wheel's electric jeeps, and dashing in to check my game, and *poof* it's 6pm!

red

just 2 today

Gunakor
Browns make a pick!!

And it is...

Alex Mack?

gbpackfan
Wow. Alex Mack. A center at the 21st pick! REACH!

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Okay, so Harvin is Hester--except he's never returned kicks. Hester without STs ability isn't much. He's a guy that you can't run inside and isn't a polished receiver, so he's basically somebody you use in the slot and on gimmicky plays. Not worth a first round pick. I badmouthed Oher before the draft, but he would be good value for the Vikes, and I think that's the way they'll go.

Partial
Isn't she the chick that can turn into liquid?

Rastak
Browns take Alex Mack..........good player......

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 2004: Cal red-shirts Mack. 2005: Appears in a back-up role, seeing reps mostly in a mop up duty. 2006-07: Mack starts all 26 games. 2008: He once again starts all 13 games. He wins the Morris Trophy as the best offensive lineman in the Pac-10 (as voted by league's defensive linemen) for the second year in a row, just the third player to receive the award twice.

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Possesses outstanding size and shows above-average speed for the position.

Durability 1 Started the final 39 consecutive games of his career (2006-'08). Did not perform at Combine because of a sprained ankle suffered during training session, but injury is minor and should have no long-term affects.

Character 1 Outstanding leader and football character. Hard worker on and off the field. Extremely intelligent player and person. Mack was the recipient of the Draddy Trophy as college football's top scholar-athlete in 2008. He was also named the Pac-10 Scholar-Athlete of the Year for football.

Offensive Center specific Traits

Strength/Toughness 2 Displays a strong punch and can jolt defenders initially. Has a mean streak and works from the snap until the whistle on every play. Shows above-average lower body strength but not elite in this department.

Agility 3 Displays adequate agility but not elite in this department. Moves well in open space and can get out on the edge on screens. Able to get to second level and cut off linebackers. Shows adequate body control but has some limitations when it comes to mirroring and sliding.

Awareness 1 Excellent awareness. Keeps head on a swivel and is able to recognize/adjust to line stunts as well as blitzes quickly.
Pass Protection 2 Gets hands inside defenders' frames, locks on with hands and locks out arms once in position. Sinks hips and can recover when bull rushers are able to get an initial push. At times, gets overaggressive and can get beat by effective double moves.

Run Blocking 2 Shows outstanding quickness snapping the ball and taking first step simultaneously. Stays low and plays with leverage allowing him to root defenders off the ball. Does not show elite balance and seen on the ground at times. Will fail to sustain on occasion, as well. But angles and technique are outstanding. Almost always in position and rarely fails to execute assignment.

RashanGary
I could see Eric Wood.

EDIT WOOD

gbpackfan
Vikes pick is in already! It has to be Oher.

red
04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
that was quick

Bretsky
Patriots picking Clay Matthews ?

Seems like a Patriots guy

cpk1994
Isn't she the chick that can turn into liquid?Boy, am I glad I am not the only one who had this thought.

gbpackfan
Look at Oher. Sitting there like a man! Like A-Rod did. Not like that pussy Quinn who hid in the back!!!!

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

gbpackfan
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

Fosco33
dom is on

RashanGary
Capers talking right now.

Partial
dom is on

Is this streamed over the web?

gbpackfan
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Okay, now to be a buzzkill. Florida WRs suck in the NFL. Does that scare you?

Rastak
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

It's a risk but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Skol Vikings!

Partial
04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Scurred about the Harvin pick. Very good player.

red
big boom or bust guy for me

could be amazing, could be out of the league in a few years because he's such a big asshole

gbpackfan
dom is on

Yes, Packers.com

wist43
Wow... Vikings take the toker :))

Rastak
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nope.

Gunakor
dom is on

packers.com

imscott72
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Great pick for Minny..The Vikings are going to be scary this year.. :cry:

cpk1994
04-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Great pick for Minny..The Vikings are going to be scary this year.. :cry:Umm, they STILL don't have a QB. They aren't scary at all.

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Percy Harvin....(yea baby!)

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 2006: Harvin starts five of the 13 games he appears in catching 34 passes for a total of 427 yards and two touchdowns. He rushes for a total of 428 yards and three touchdowns on 41 carries. 2007: Harvin starts 10 of the 11 games he appears in catching 59 passes for a total of 858 yards and four touchdowns. He rushes for a total of 764 yards and six touchdowns on 83 carries. 2008: Harvin starts 11 of the 12 games he appears in catching 40 passes for a total of 644 yards and seven touchdowns. He rushes for a total of 660 yards and 10 touchdowns on 70 carries.

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Height and bulk are adequate but not good. Possesses rare top-end speed  and he actually plays faster than his excellent 40-time.

Durability 5 Missed 2006 Alabama game with high-ankle sprain and slowed by that ankle injury for much of the season. Missed 2007 games against South Carolina and Florida Atlantic because of sinus infection and migraine headaches. Underwent heel surgery in April of 2008 and missed season opener as a result. Sustained a hairline fracture in right ankle during 2008 Florida State game and missed the SEC Championship game with Alabama the following week. Has missed practice time with a hip pointer, tendonitis in knee and tendonitis in Achilles tendon.

Character 5 Extremely competitive when motivated, but there are major concerns regarding his ability to consistently self-motivate and his overall character in general. According to multiple NFL scouts, however; there are concerns regarding his 'trust issues', 'lack of leadership qualities' and that he lives in 'Percy-World'.

Wide Receiver specific Traits

Separation Skills 2 Inexperience as a route runner is concerning. Footwork can get choppy when running short-to-intermediate routes. On the positive side, he does show a lot of upside in this department. He flashes ability to set corners up to the outside before redirecting back inside and explosive coming out of breaks. Excellent initial burst, eats up cushions and can drive corners into backpedals. Flashes effective double moves. Runs away from corners on crossing routes.

Ball Skills 2 Can snatch the ball out of the air without breaking stride. Locks onto the ball and can adjust if and when it gets tipped/deflected (See 43-yard second-quarter touchdown catch during 2008 Ole Miss game). Opens hips well and adjust to ball thrown behind him.

Vertical Speed 1 Reaches formidable top-end speed quickly and fast enough to run by NFL corners when he doesn't get slowed down at the line of scrimmage.

Run After Catch 1 Shifts into another gear when he gets a seam and has rare breakaway speed. Makes crisp cuts in space and can make multiple defenders miss. Above-average balance and flashes ability to bounce off arm tackles but isn't a powerful runner that can bulldoze defensive backs in the open field. Can let the football get away from his frame when trying to make defenders miss in space.
Competitiveness and Toughness 2 By no means is he a physical receiver. However, he doesn't appear hesitant about going over the middle and fights for yards after contact. Very competitive player and will do anything he can to help his team. He has experience lining up at quarterback, wide receiver and running back. Also flashes huge upside as a return man. Willing blocker that gets adequate hand placement but doesn't have ideal overall strength and has problems sustaining blocks as a result.

gbpackfan
Falling like rocks:

Everette Brown
Michael Oher

Waldo
Trade up TT, there is a LT on the board for your 2 and 3.....

channtheman
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Oh God, I was so embarrassed at the Packer game when Favre broke the NFL TD record. That song the Vikings fans sing is just awful!

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM

Absolutely

But I'm not sure TT wants to give up a #3 and a 2nd and 4th would not do it

Partial
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nope.

I don't think he is anything close to a traditional Florida receiver. He's a scat back imo.

falco
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Oh God, I was so embarrassed at the Packer game when Favre broke the NFL TD record. That song the Vikings fans sing is just awful!

i was there too - it is hilarious

that video from marino was gay

Rastak
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Great pick for Minny..The Vikings are going to be scary this year.. :cry:Umm, they STILL don't have a QB. They aren't scary at all.

Last I checked they won the division with an old man at QB.....Rosenfelds is accurate (66& comp pct last year) and reads the field well....he's a huge risk taker but if they get a RT in round 2 that's halfway decent he isn't going to need to be throwing it around like a nut.

packers11

agree.. grab oher! can't believe he fell this far

jmbarnes101

I wholeheartedly agree. To be able to get a top rated player for each line would be spectacular.

red

Absolutely

But I'm not sure TT wants to give up a #3 and a 2nd and 4th would not do it

yup, move up and get him

the pats want out of the 1st, low ball one in there

gbpackfan
Pats trade pick to Ravens!

TheCheese
04-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Wells guys the other North teams got a hell of a lot more offensive fire power so far this off season. Bears got Cutler, Lions got Stafford and Pettigrew, and the Vikes got Harvin. Not worried about it though with how we are going about our defence. Going to be a fun year to watch.

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:34 PM
That USC ILB has got to be tempting here.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Just read all the JS stuff

Despite all the detractors I don't see much bad stuff with Bedard

He noted before the draft word out of Cleveland is if they stayed at 5 Raji was their guy

Also noted Green Bay at 9 seemed to be Raji's basement and if he was there GB would take him

Was interesting reading his blog by blog comments

He pretty much pegged the last few picks

Noted it was good for GB if Oakland took Brey or Harvin
Then noted if the Jags take Monroe it's Crabtree or Raji for Green Bay

Then noted before GB picked TT would be able to decide to take need or BPA

But he pretty much pegged the Raji pick before the draft

rbaloha1
04-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Capers is on live at packers.com

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm happy that the Vikings took Harvin over Oher, but that doesn't mean much. Congrats to Rastak for getting your guy. I guess both teams got the guy most fans wanted. We'll see how it turns out in a few years.

gbpackfan
Baltimore takes Mike Oher!

cpk1994
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Last I checked they won the division with an old man at QB.....Rosenfelds is accurate (66& comp pct last year) and reads the field well....he's a huge risk taker but if they get a RT in round 2 that's halfway decent he isn't going to need to be throwing it around like a nut.1. YOu won a divsion by default becuase it flat out sucked and the VIkings managed not to trip over itself like the others. Sage ROsenfels doesn't scare me one dam bit. THe PAckers were one missed FG from sweeping them. TEll me gain why I should be scared?

Partial
Good trade by the Ravens. I thought for sure it was gonna be Maualuga.

LOL CPK, the Vikings won the division by default? Because it sucked? I agree it sucked, but the Vikings have the two best players in the division. It's not a surprise they won. I suspect they'll win it again next year.

red
fuck

that should have been us

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Great Pick for Ravens at 23; I was scared GB might grab him at 9 but to me he was not a good value there

Rastak
Ravens take Oher.......great pick.......

Overall Football Traits

Production 1 Oher starts 34 consecutive games during his first three seasons (2005-2007) including 24 games at left tackle. 2008: Oher starts all 13 games. He earns first team All-SEC freshman team honors during the 2005 season. Oher earns a second team All-SEC selection during the 2006 season and a first team selection during the past two seasons. He earns a first team consensus All-American selection in 2008.
Height-Weight-Speed 3 Height and top-end speed are adequate but not ideal. Good bulk and well-proportioned.

Durability 1 Durability is not a concern to our knowledge.

Character 2 'The Blind Side: The Evolution of a Game' is a best-selling book that chronicles the life story of Oher, who grew up as one of 13 children of a drug-addicted mother and had limited formal education prior to signing with Ole Miss in 2005.

Offensive Tackle specific Traits

Strength/Toughness 2 Though showed just adequate upper body strength at the combine shows a violent punch on film and has strong hands. Outstanding lower body strength. Relentless during 2008 Florida game and has a mean streak.

Agility 3 Adequate initial quickness firing off the ball and good balance but not an elite athlete for the position. The more space he's in the less effective he becomes.

Awareness 3 Made some strides in this area during collegiate career but is still a work in progress. Doesn't do a great job of picking up blitz/line stunts. Lacks ideal spatial awareness as zone blocker and seems to be thinking rather than reacting at times. Needs to do a better job of locating defenders when no one comes to him in pass protection.

Pass Protection 3 Plays with a wide base, does an adequate job of sinking hips and resets feet well so rarely gives ground to bull rushers. Above-average balance and flashes the ability to recover from false steps. Mixes in effective cut blocks. Going to have a harder time preventing edge rushers from turning the corner at the NFL level. Appears to mask lack of elite initial quickness with deep set. Problem is frequently sets too deep so needs to do a better job of creating pocket for quarterback. Locks arms out and forces pass rushers to take a wider angle to the quarterback but doesn't have very long arms for frame. Lack of awareness can result in quarterback taking big hit. (see first quarter of the 2008 Florida game)

Run Blocking 1 Gets adequate hand placement, drives legs on contact and roots defenders off the line. Does a good job of driving defenders down the line with asked to down block. Takes sound angles to second-level blocks and wins nearly every battle once locked on. Does a good job of sealing the backside. Range isn't ideal but it's adequate. Overextends and loses balance at times.

Gunakor
Oher to be Ogden's eventual replacement.

Think a 2 and a 4 gets Britton?

mngolf19
04-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Last I checked they won the division with an old man at QB.....Rosenfelds is accurate (66& comp pct last year) and reads the field well....he's a huge risk taker but if they get a RT in round 2 that's halfway decent he isn't going to need to be throwing it around like a nut.1. YOu won a divsion by default becuase it flat out sucked and the VIkings managed not to trip over itself like the others. Sage ROsenfels doesn't scare me one dam bit. THe PAckers were one missed FG from sweeping them. TEll me gain why I should be scared?

Lame. And what exactly would you be saying if the Pack had won like that. :roll: Vikes won, get over it. Try again in 09.

channtheman
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

i was there too - it is hilarious

that video from marino was gay

SKOL VIKINGS LETS GO!!!! Not to mention they are singing about scoring a TD when they kick a field goal....

Partial
Oher sounds really cocky. Yuck.

Rastak

Not sure what you mean....trade up now?

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

The Vikings deserve credit IMO; their Running Game ate us alive
we were 6-10 in a division that flat out sucked so it goes both ways
They just got another weapon. If they get a QB they are very scary

Packgator
Percy Harvin....(yea baby!)

Harvin is exciting. Saw all of his games....threat to score every time he has the ball.......in college. Big downside though......he is hurt often. Always seemed to be something wrong with his feet/ankles.

gbpackfan
Seeing Oher up there is nice. Good for him!

Partial
04-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm really hoping one of the solid OLB prospects are available in round 2. Could see TT trading up to get one here if they start to get picked.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Not sure what you mean....trade up now?

Would a 2 and a 4 get us up to 25? If so, yes. If not, wait until it will and if Britton is there, pull the trigger. I'm not familiar with the TVC but sooner the better. I really like this guy a whole lot better than anyone further down the list at RT, and we really don't have a starter there. I'd like to see that addressed as quickly as possible.

Bretsky

I'm thinking it could; Britton might slip a bit more as well but I doubt to 41

Plus, TT is probably going to trade down with one of those 3rd's anyway

Lurker64
I'm really hoping one of the solid OLB prospects are available in round 2. Could see TT trading up to get one here if they start to get picked.

Brown, Matthews, Sintim, and Barwin are all still on the board. I'd be happy with any of those guys at 9.

gbpackfan

I didn't get that at all. He's been sitting there for awhile. Also, he's borderline retarded so give him a break. :wink:

cpk1994
04-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Ras,

THERE YOU GO! HARVIN!!!

I am fired up!

Skol Vikings!

Last I checked they won the division with an old man at QB.....Rosenfelds is accurate (66& comp pct last year) and reads the field well....he's a huge risk taker but if they get a RT in round 2 that's halfway decent he isn't going to need to be throwing it around like a nut.1. YOu won a divsion by default becuase it flat out sucked and the Vikings managed not to trip over itself like the others. Sage ROsenfels doesn't scare me one dam bit. THe PAckers were one missed FG from sweeping them. TEll me gain why I should be scared?

Lame. And what exactly would you be saying if the Pack had won like that. :roll: Vikes won, get over it. Try again in 09.I am over it. Ras implied I should be scared of the Vikes. The Packers were one FG from sweeping them. I am not scared of the Vikings one dam bit. YOUr reward for winning the division? As many wins in the playoffs as the Packers had.

Rastak
04-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Falcons take Peria Jerry......good call for a DT

Overall Football Traits

Production 3 Signed with Ole Miss in 2004 but decided to attend Hargrave Military School for one season before enrolling at Ole Miss in 2005. He played sparingly as a true freshman after missing the first five games due to injury. He also battled through injuries in 2006, appearing in only eight games (six starts) at DE and DT, and finishing with 22 total tackles (one sack.) As a junior in 2007, he started all 12 games at DT and finished with 58 total tackles, including 14 TFL and 3.5 sacks. 2008: He starts 11 of 12 games played and finishes with 49 total tackles, including 18 TFL and seven sacks.

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Is shorter than ideal and top-heavy with a sloppy build. Not much room left on his frame to add bulk. He does, however, possess very good speed for the position.

Durability 4 Missed nine games due to multiple injuries during his first two seasons (2005-'06). Remained healthy for the entire 2007 campaign but underwent arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn right medial meniscus on August 18, 2008 and missed the season opener (Memphis) as a result. He will be a 25-year old rookie and does not appear to keep in great shape.

Character 2 Resilient despite early career injuries. Has done a fine job in the classroom. No off the field problems to our knowledge.

Defensive Tackle specific Traits

Agility/Quickness 1 Doesn't look the part but he's an active DT with outstanding initial quickness and very good straight-line speed. Shows elite first-step quickness and extremely quick feet in space.
Strength/Toughness 3 Body is soft and he needs to improve his overall strength. Better upper-body strength than he possesses in the lower-body. Plays with a narrow base.

Instincts 2 Displays above-average awareness. Finds the ball quickly and does a consistently good job flowing to it.

Pass Rusher 2 Shows outstanding initial quickness. Not a great power rusher but does a good job of using violent hands to stay off blocks. Has a solid array of pass rush moves. Is instinctive and closes quickly. Can be very effective when on the move and fresh.

Run Stopper 1 At his best when on the move, flowing to the football. Effective on slants, twists and stunts. Shows a quick first step and will consistently penetrate and disrupt. Does a good job of using his hands to keep blockers off his body. Not an explosive playmaker but he is agile and makes plays in pursuit. However, he gives up too much ground when teams run at him and he will never be a good fit in a gap-control scheme.

wist43

I'm with ya on needing an rush LB... to me, our biggest need; but, you should be happy with the Raji pick Partial. Hell of a player.

We need more outside pass rush for sure... but at #9, Raji is a great pick. If we don't draft another defensive player the rest of the draft, our defense will be better b/c of Raji.

RashanGary

I noticed that too.

Joemailman

Brown, Matthews, Sintim, and Barwin are all still on the board. I'd be happy with any of those guys at 9.

I'd take 'em at 41. :wink:

gbpackfan
Clint Sintim would be great! He played 3-4 LB in college.

RashanGary
04-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm hoping either OLB, DL or OL

Joemailman
04-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Beanie Wells and Everette brown now BPA.

Waldo
04-25-2009, 05:45 PM

I have a soft spot in my heart for Ziggy. I think that he is Castillo 2.

Bretsky
I'm hoping either OLB, DL or OL

ditto

but that speedy RB you loved is still out there; what was his name ?

He could drop

gbpackfan
Everette Brown won't get past teh Pats (twice), the Browns, Bengalsm and Dolphins. What a draft that would be though! To get E. Brown in the 2nd. WOW! Not going to happen though.

Rastak
Insider's take on the Lions TE pick.....

20. Detroit Lions (From Dallas)
The pick: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
What he brings: Pettigrew is the most complete tight end prospect in this class. At 263 pounds he's an effective drive-blocker who can hold his own working against NFL defensive ends. Although he lacks elite speed and isn't going to stretch the field as much as some other prospects in this class, Pettigrew is a reliable possession receiver who does an excellent job throwing his weight around and using his frame to shield defenders from the ball.

How he fits: The Lions need help at more positions than they have picks. Pettigrew provides a weapon and safety valve for Matthew Stafford to go along with WR Calvin Johnson. He is a unique tight end in that he can be a weapon in the passing game and re-establish the edge in the running game. We are a little surprised the Lions didn't take an offensive or defensive linemen because of need, but they acquired a solid player.

Lurker64
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM

I'd take 'em at 41. :wink:

Me too...

Joemailman
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
NE will get one of the USC LB's.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:47 PM

I have a soft spot in my heart for Ziggy. I think that he is Castillo 2.

Waynbe Larivee was reporting last week on the radio that GB loves him and is hoping he's there in round two

Of course, he also said flat out GB does not think Crab will be there at 9 but if he's there they will take him

So I guess he's just as full of shit as the rest

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Vontae Davis is going to be a complete asshole in Miami. My God! He'll be arrested outside a nightclub in downtown Miami by August!

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
NE will get one of the USC LB's.

Clay Matthews just seems like a Bellichek guy

gbpackfan
I have never read more hateful reviews by "scouts" then those of V. Davis. A complete headcase.

Rastak
Phins take Vontae davis.....great value pick!

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 2006-'07: Davis starts all 24 games, recording a total of 128 tackles, including 6.5 tackles-for-loss. He intercepts five passes, breaks up 14 passes and returns four kickoffs for a total of 116 yards. 2008: Davis starts 11 of the 12 game he appears in, recording 78 total tackles including seven tackles-for-loss. He intercepts two passes, breaks up eight passes and forces three fumbles. Davis returns five kickoffs for a total of 99 yards.

Height-Weight-Speed 1 Possesses ideal height and is thickly built for a corner. Also possesses outstanding top-end speed for the position.

Durability 1 Didn't miss a game with an injury in three years as a starter.

Character 4 Illinois head coach Ron Zook did not start him versus Iowa in 2008 because reportedly felt he wasn't playing as well as he could. Lack of visible improvement from sophomore to junior year is a concern. We've been told by multiple sources that he lacks proper respect for coaches and he only works hard when he's in the mood to do so. Vontae's brother is 49er TE Vernon Davis, who is currently underachieving in the NFL.

Defensive Corner specific Traits

Recognition Skills/Toughness 3 Displays natural playmaking instincts. Understands how receivers are trying to attack coverage. Reads quarterbacks' eyes when drops into zone coverage and does a sound job of mid-pointing high-low routes. Also shows toughness in run support when he wants to get involved. However, he does not show great awareness in zone coverage. His inconsistent footwork and diagnostic skills get him in trouble. He does not show good attention to detail and he's only physical when he wants to be.

Closing Burst 1 Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Elite closing burst, especially when receivers catch the ball in front of him. Shows a second gear when tracking the ball downfield and fast enough to recover when gets caught out of position.

Fluidity 2 Fluid hips and makes smooth transitions forced to change directions quickly. Flips hips quickly when turning and running with receivers and can play close to the line of scrimmage.

Ball Skills 2 Natural hands and catches most balls he gets his hands on. Can play the ball without going though the receiver. Does a nice job of timing jumps when going up for the jump ball.

Run Support 2 Quickly recognizes run and can be extremely aggressive in run support. Strong open field tackler that does a solid job of going low and knocking ball carriers off their feet. Sheds receivers in a timely manner. Only knock here is his inconsistent effort.
Trait Scale

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Why is ESPN not announcing what picks are getting swapped in the trades? Why do they suck so much?

Does anyone know what Balt. gave up to move up a couple spots?

HarveyWallbangers
Wells, Britton, Barwin, Beatty, Sintim, Delmas, S. Smith, and E. Brown are the top guys for me for the Packers on the board right now.

Partial
Well, I trust Capers. If Capers is stoked about the Raji pick, I guess I can get on board. Hoping we land either a stud OLB, Maualuga, or a DE in round 2. Maualuga would be the ultimate pick-up in round two.

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 05:51 PM
NE looking to trade out per ESPN.

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Wells, Britton, Barwin, Beatty, Sintim, Delmas, S. Smith, and E. Brown are the top guys for me for the Packers on the board right now.

going braindead; who is S Smith ?

Like the rest; and very good chance one or two makes it

Beanie will be gone I'd think for sure

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
This draft seems poor. I bet Thompson trades one of our picks for a pick in 2010.

jmbarnes101

I'd be okay with them, Matthews, or Maualuga.

Joemailman
Who were the 3 players the Jets gave up in their trade?

packers11
we traded up!

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
GREEN BAY

pbmax
WHAT!?!?!?

pack4to84
Packers on the clock

imscott72
We traded for the Pats pick?? WTF?

channtheman
Why is ESPN not announcing what picks are getting swapped in the trades? Why do they suck so much?

Does anyone know what Balt. gave up to move up a couple spots?

They are fucking horrible! I still don't know what Cleveland got in the second trade where they traded down to the Eagles. I don't know either for the Patriots trade. It's truly pathetic.

red
HOLY SHIT WE TRADED UP

cpk1994
OMG TT TRADED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RashanGary
Eric Wood?
Connor Barwin?

channtheman
Trade up?!

Bretsky
WHO ARE WE NABBING HERE ????

TheCheese
COME ON BARWIN !

Gunakor
GB trades back up into the first round with New England

pbmax
04-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Ray M to play inside?

gbpackfan
Packers trade up?

Sparkey
oher

Rastak
This draft seems poor. I bet Thompson trades one of our picks for a pick in 2010.

I guess TT disagrees with you.....

RashanGary
Britton?

wist43
wow... tt trade up???

pack4to84
could it be beanie wells

Rastak
oher

Already gone.

Gunakor
oher

Gone, maybe Britton. I wouldn't mind taking him here.

gbpackfan
Everette Brown?

cpk1994
oherRavens took him

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Marshall Faulk thinks Darius Butler

imscott72

I guess TT disagrees with you.....

I'm shocked.Totally un-TT like..I think he knows this is huge for his future as well.

gbpackfan
Clay Matthews!

Sparkey
Clay matthews

imscott72
Clay Matthews...More D!!

red
eh

don't like that

i would have rather gotten sintim

channtheman
Awesome pick! This draft is great!

Partial
Wow, big move from the Packers. Like it a lot!!!

rbaloha1
WOW DO NOT LIKE MATTHEWS1

Charles Woodson
04-25-2009, 05:56 PM
wasnt clay matthews the one who was suspected of being on roids?

Bretsky
I saw Clay Matthews as the classic overachiever; short on talent but long on heart

Surprised

Rastak
Matthews?

Overall Football Traits

Production 3 Matthews walks-on to USC and redshirts during the 2004 season. 2005: He appears in 12 games in a reserve role and special team's player. He records eight tackles and one pass break-up. 2006-'07: Matthews appears in all 26 games during, making two starts and records 32 total tackles, including 4.5 TFL, two sacks, two forced fumbles and a pass break-up. Also notches two blocked kicks. 2008: He appears in all 13 games with 10 starts and records 56 tackles with nine TFL, including 4.5 sacks. He also forces and recovers a fumble, breaks up two passes and blocks a field goal. He is named the Trojans co-special teams player of the year in both 2006 and 2007. Earns second team All-Pac 10 honors during his senior campaign in 2008.

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Possesses a well-built frame along with above-average top-end speed for the position.

Durability 1 Suffered a broken bone in his left thumb against Nebraska in 2007 but did not miss any playing time due to the injury.

Character 1 A former walk-on that feels he has something to prove every time he steps on the field. Also comes from a tremendous gene-poll as his father Clay Matthews Sr. and uncle Bruce Matthews have combined for over 40 years of NFL experience.

Outside Linebacker specific Traits

Instincts/Recognition 1 Quickly finds and reacts to the ball quickly allowing him to get into strong initial position. Shows the discipline not to fall for play fakes and gets into drop zone in a timely manner against play action. Also does a good job of staying home backside against misdirection.
Pursuit/Point of Attack 3 Flashes ability to jar blockers in the hole. Possesses excellent flexibility in torso to turn pads and get skinny to slide by blocks at the line of scrimmage. Takes sound angles in pursuit. Some concerns to his ability to hold the edge against bigger NFL offensive tackles and tight ends. Needs to improve hand usage.

Tackling 2 Strong overall tackler. Does a nice job of wrapping up and finishing tackles. Breaks down well in the open field and is excellent at going down low and chopping out ball carriers legs. However lacks explosion as a tackler and won't deliver many knock out shots.

Pass Coverage 2 Lacks ideal experience in this department but shows a great deal of potential. Takes excellent angles to drop and does a nice job of reading quarterbacks eyes in zone coverage. Is loose in the hips and changes directions well giving him solid man-coverage skills. Ball skills are above-average.

Pass Rusher 2 Possesses good quickness and suddenness off the edge. Does a nice job of dipping low when coming off the edge making it hard for tackles to get proper hand placement. Excels at running the inside loop off of defensive line twists and stunts. Has the closing burst to get to be disruptive when having a clear shot at quarterback. However, he does not counter well once initially caught by blockers.

gbpackfan
Little surprised. Well, I think our day is done now.

Gunakor
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Interesting pick... Not sure how I feel about this. He's a great athlete, but probably isn't a great fit for a 3-4.

OMG WAY TOO MUCH GIVEN UP THOUGH

Gave up our #2 and BOTH of our #3's.