PDA

View Full Version : Rome Is Burning, Special Guest Ted Thompson

Jim Rome
04-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Jim Rome, "Ted you just finished drafting your 2009 first round pick, BJ Raji, why the pick Ted?"

Ted Thompson, "Uhh, I stay true to my board, he was the best player available, and he also going to help solidify our front seven. He is an upstanding young man, good football player well deserving of the 9th pick."

JR, "Any thoughts on Micheal Crabtree?"

Ted Thompson, "Well sure, but he wasn't the top guy on our board. I like what he does but in terms of the Green Bay Packers, BJ was the guy on the board at the time.

JR, "Any thoughts at the time of trading back and still being able to land Raji?"

TT, "Well we are always on the phone, but we talked to several teams that we knew where high on this guy, and some of our would be partners were to far down. We didn't want to risk not getting this guy. Good fit here in Green Bay, and again deserving of the 9 slot."

JR, "Starter right away Ted? I know you have a very consistent player in Ryan Pickett, what are your plans?"

TT, "Well we certainly think Raji has the capabilities and abilities to be a very good football player in the NFL, but starting and his contributions is something that is for the coaches to comment on at a future date, lets get him to Green Bay."

JR, "Well Good luck the rest of the draft Ted."

TT, "Thanks Jim"