PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS HIGHLIGHTS FILM - 2005

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
VIEWING OF 2005 PACKERS HIGHLIGHTS FILM
SET FOR MONDAY, JULY 17th

The Green Bay Packers will present a premiere viewing of the team's 2005 highlights film,

"The Next Generation: The Story of the 2005 Green Bay Packers,"

in the Legends Club - of the Lambeau Field Atrium - Monday evening, July 17, it was announced Thursday.

The initial public showing of the film, with free admission, will begin at 7 o'clock.

Access to the Atrium area will be through the Miller Brewing Company Gate, with film attendees then taking the escalator to the Legends Club on the fourth level of the Atrium. Packers long snapper Rob Davis, who in 2006 will enjoy his 10th season with the Packers, will be on hand to address the team's upcoming season and answer questions. Davis also will be available for autographs following the program.

"The Next Generation" chronicles the Packers' 2005 season and features the incredible cinematography of NFL Films. The film highlights the team's impressive performances from last season, including the important play of key veterans and the younger, reserve players who were thrust into prominent roles and thus gained valuable experience for the future. The film also looks ahead to the upcoming campaign by interviewing Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and Head Coach Mike McCarthy. As only NFL Films can, the viewer is given an up-close experience as a "miked-up" McCarthy leads his team through one of his first mini-camps as a head coach.

Other exciting moments in the film include important plays that helped the Packers' defense finish the season as the league's top-ranked unit against the pass. The performances of defensive leaders Nick Barnett, Aaron Kampman and Al Harris are key moments as well. Among the players featured in the film are wide receiver Donald Driver and Samkon Gado, the rookie running back who ascended from the practice squad to lead the team in rushing and score a team rookie-record six touchdowns. A Brett Favre feature is included as well, as a Packers highlight film wouldn't be complete without it. In addition, the film is punctuated by dramatic, voice-over descriptions of impact plays by Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren, of the Packers Radio Network. Produced, written and edited by NFL Films, in conjunction with the Packers' public relations department, it is narrated by Robb Webb.

It will be available for non-commercial group showings (church, fraternal and civic groups, etc.), in DVD format, through the Packers' office beginning July 24, by writing in care of "Packers Highlight Film" at P.O. Box 10628, Green Bay, Wis., 54307-0628.

The film also is scheduled to be available for purchase through the Packers Pro Shop, located in the Lambeau Field Atrium, starting in late July.

Willard
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
The initial public showing of the film, with free admission, will begin at 7 o'clock.

The show will conclude at 7:05pm! :wink:

wist43
07-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Sometimes, for the benefit of all, things need not be remembered.

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 11:46 AM

The show will conclude at 7:05pm! :wink:

REALLY. :mrgreen:

Kiwon
07-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I guess it has to be done, but nonetheless it will be painful to watch. The New Orleans game and Samkon Gado were the major highlights for me.

BigDmoney
07-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Highlights....from last year? Did I miss something? The video is what, 3 minutes long?

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
I guess it has to be done, but nonetheless it will be painful to watch. The New Orleans game and Samkon Gado were the major highlights for me.

Donald Driver made some awesome catch's too. He had an amazing season.

Our BEST player.

GO PACKERS in 2006 ! ! !

Merlin
07-14-2006, 01:07 PM
There were a lot of positive highlights last year. 8 games by 7 points or less? 2 years ago we would have won those and been 12-4 and not 4-12.

MadtownPacker
07-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Man, how the hell is NFL Films gonna spin this one? Let me try.

** THE VOICE OF THE GUY THAT DOES ALL THE NFL FILMS TALKING **

In the midst of a disappointing 4-12 season and working with a skeleton crew team, future HOF and Green Bay QB Brett Favre survived the fibs defensive onslaught twice without being carried off on a stretcher. No stretch of the truth to say no other QB would have taken that beating and kept getting up but ole #4 took a double serving and still walked away. Look for him to get his revenge in 2006 as the Packer meet the hated bears in week 1.

woodbuck27
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Man, how the hell is NFL Films gonna spin this one? Let me try.

** THE VOICE OF THE GUY THAT DOES ALL THE NFL FILMS TALKING **

In the midst of a disappointing 4-12 season and working with a skeleton crew team, future HOF and Green Bay QB Brett Favre survived the fibs defensive onslaught twice without being carried off on a stretcher. No stretch of the truth to say no other QB would have taken that beating and kept getting up but ole #4 took a double serving and still walked away. Look for him to get his revenge in 2006 as the Packer meet the hated bears in week 1.

We gotta believe.

I can see it - yes - YES, sure thing.

He's BACK !

No Mo Moss
07-15-2006, 03:24 AM
My girlfriends' dogs' sisters' roomates' religious advising animal died a tragic death and I have to go to the funeral...otherwise I'd be there with all of you guys to watch it.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Will it star Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett?

BooHoo
07-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Highlight film? Can't be very long.

However, we did have a much improved defense. We would have never guessed prior to last season the defense would finish that high.

My concern this year is not the defense. It is the coaching and offense. Also, the kicking game.

Still hopeful for a 10-6 year.

MJZiggy
07-15-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't know, everyone talks about this improved defense, but they still did seem pretty porous. Now I'm not the stat addict that some of you guys are, this is just an impression. Seems to me a few years ago, the D was impenetrable, but not so much last year. They gave up a lot of early scores last year.

BooHoo
07-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't know, everyone talks about this improved defense, but they still did seem pretty porous. Now I'm not the stat addict that some of you guys are, this is just an impression. Seems to me a few years ago, the D was impenetrable, but not so much last year. They gave up a lot of early scores last year.

Agree with you about the defensive yardage stats. I guess it is the best way the NFL can distinguish between top and bottom defenses. Certainly you would get a better picture if teams played the same opponents.

I am thinking we picked up some help this off season on defense, so we should be set. What our your thoughts on this seasons defense?

MJZiggy
07-15-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know yet. Woodson is a good signing because he was best available at the time, but we'll have to see what they look like once they get their pads on and start to work as a unit. Hawk will improve things. If nothing else, Woodson lit a fire under Carroll who I'm willing to bet plays a lot better with something to prove. Let's see if anyone can get their mitts on the quarterback and if the turnovers in OTA and camp were questionable offense or awesome defense.