PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Mel Kiper - Packers had best day!

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
At the end of the draft, Mel Kiper said the Packers had his favorite draft - improving their 3-4 D. Loved the picks of Raji and Matthews.

I know it doesn't mean much, but kind of fun to report!

red
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
i was worried about the lost picks, but i just heard tt's interview, and he said somethhing along the lines that he wasn't all that excited about the 2nd and 3rd round guys

i think i'm just use to having a bunch of mid level guys to look over, now i only have 2 high level guys

my brain doesn't know how to work that

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I had two reactions.

1. Loved the pick because the player is great.

2. Hated the pick because I love waiting for our picks to come. The draft is so exciting. And we had two less picks to wait for. Which sucks. But this is a stupid reason not to like the trade.

gbgary
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
that's cool. i went out for a while and came back to find tt had traded up to get matthews. wow. that came out of nowhere. :shock:

Bretsky
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Of course they had a good day; looks like we have two new defensive starters

retailguy
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
that's cool. i went out for a while and came back to find tt had traded down to get matthews. wow. that came out of nowhere. :shock:

traded up gary, traded UP. :P

Joemailman
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
If ever there was a poll that needed the "other" option, it's this one. :wink:

red
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM

2 new d starters that were both areas of need

win/win

packers11
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I wish the season started today... I can't wait to see the 3-4 in action...

gbpackfan
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
If ever there was a poll that needed the "other" option, it's this one. :wink:

Ha ha. No doubt! But it is like that for a reason. What a bunch of fruits! Ha ha. :P :wink:

pbmax
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
This is just one time I hope a T2 move pans out like a Sherman trade up (Walker or Barnett, not BJ or Donnel Washington)

gbgary
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
that's cool. i went out for a while and came back to find tt had traded down to get matthews. wow. that came out of nowhere. :shock:

traded up gary, traded UP. :P

dang it. that's what i meant. :oops: i'll fix it.

forgot to vote too. i liked the first day but voted for the nutsack smash. i'd have liked it more with crabtree...plus he's got one of those faces that just invite...:D

red
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
what if the whole switch to a 3-4 has been one giant smoke screen?

we have a pretty solid looking 4-3 lineup right now after today

retailguy
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
This is just one time I hope a T2 move pans out like a Sherman trade up (Walker or Barnett, not BJ or Donnel Washington)

he didn't trade up for barnett, but I know what you mean.....

gbgary
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
what if the whole switch to a 3-4 has been one giant smoke screen?

we have a pretty solid looking 4-3 lineup right now after today

why would they be throwing out smokescreens about that? at this point i don't see why anyone would give a crap what we're running.

SnakeLH2006
04-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Awesome draft. Quote the Snake and never more.

Of course looking back, Snake is really Ted Thompson. I am...but never wavered from my love of a good BJ. We got it. He's a beast.

Would like to upgrade OT, but hard to do when the 4 standout OT's are gone when I traded up for Clay. He's a beast. Starter #2 from this draft on day one.

We upgraded 3 positions with these 2 picks. Raji starts at NT. Pickett slides to DE (read the JSO blogs with me stating it). And Clay supplants my mistake in Poops at OLB. We now have a nuts ass LB core, and good ass secondary, and a good DL with Pickett at DE, BJ at NT, and maybe JH at DE.

Love, Ted (I'm really Snake on here). :D I've been right the whole time. Check my (Ted's) posts. Been preaching this shit for last month about going for needs/starters with my draft as FA sucks ass. Now I got us 2 starters in our front 7 of our new 3-4. Who's the man? Big Time Ted, yo. 8-) :lol:

BTW, Bret...when the hell are we gonna drink some beers? :lol: Teddy is wasted now celebrating his awesome draft....and I broke your curse kinda.??!! :lol:

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Capers said in his PC that he feels Pickett and Raji can play any of the 3 DL positions. That means they could be on the field at the same time. It will be interesting to see teams try to run against that.

sheepshead
04-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Capers said in his PC that he feels Pickett and Raji can play any of the 3 DL positions. That means they could be on the field at the same time. It will be interesting to see teams try to run against that.

I was thinking the same thing. Raji's speed makes him a little more versatile I think.

gbpackfan
04-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I see Raji moving over to play a little DE more then I see Pickett doing it. But either way, it was a great pick!

DonHutson
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM
So if you're undecided, does that mean you want to man-kiss Ted's nutsack?