PDA

View Full Version : Snake's Take Beats the Bretsky Curse. Hands Down. Snake FTW.

SnakeLH2006
04-26-2009, 03:22 AM
It's official Bret. The Packers had a kickass draft, as Snake don't care what we do round 4 and then on tomorrow.

Snake's been preaching this shit for the past month plus about BJ Raji.

Impact player. Pass rusher (scouts say now he's the best inside NT pass-rusher in the NFL)...and run stuffer.....God that guy fills it up. Snake was watching hilights of his DT teammate Ron Brace and noticed EVERY time BJ was there too, to smoke an OG......

They compare him to Sapp, yet Warren was 280 in his draft, BJ is 337. The scouts say he easily will be able to fuck shit up hard in the run, and should be the best pass rusher at his position with his size in some time. Let's hope he gets off the dank (both his parents are preachers) so let's just hope, although he faces NO discipline from the NFL as his combine pot use was a farce and retracted, and WON'T be disciplined. FACT. But hey, Mission...stay away from him, either way. :lol:

Clay Matthews will be a good ass player for a long time. Snake never said TT should trade up, get FA's who will be adequate considering the cash, but would like TT to make a move for some Needs/Starters as he puts his eggs in one basket.

Damn is Snake very pleased after today. We only have one other need, yet a big one....OT. Cliffy is on his last legs, and Tauchy is hurting/a free agent that JSO reports they WON'T resign. WTF? Resign him for a one-year.

No 4th rounder will step up and start at OT in 2009, most likely. Yet Snake is enthused that his preaching for getting us some impact guys was reached, as it's obvious TT reads the Rats (most informed Packer website forum bar none).

Replacing Poops is good...he's a waste as a starter, but a good backup.

Raji WILL start Day 1 at NT. Been thinking, and TT was quoted in the JSO blogs that Pickett can be slided to DE. Good move. That solves 3 starters with 2 picks. OLB, NG, and DE. The only question mark on D is at the other DE, but JH might do it IF healthy. Would love to see it.

But back to topic. If Crabby was #1 on our board and TT picked need (albeit a high value that makes us better now...no one can argue that BJ WILL be a beastn' ass mofo if he stays off the pipe) that is what Snake said for the last month and Snake's Take went with TT''s creedance. Bretsky's curse (love ya man though) scared the fuck outta TT and gave us 2 starters at NEED positions Day 1.

Snake is SO happy. BJ was a great pick (will be a cog like Williams with the Vikes with a pass rush if healthy or not suspended) and Clay will lock down the other OLB outside Kampy making our 4 starting LB's nuts (Clay, AJ, Nick, Kampy)......Fucking wow. Our only starting liablility is the opposing DE (and JH might be good if healthy).

The curse of Bretsky was a a blessing Bret, as it helped transform our weak tit 3-4 into a beast (potentially) with BJ and Clay. Crabby might be a new Sterling Shapre, but TT's been reading Snake's posts saying Beanie Wells wasn't all that, (might be great, but #31....Snake wasn't surprised........Big Ten RB yo) BJ is the man, let's get a passrusher or OT (well Clay really, really upgrades the OLB whether he a passrusher......scouts say it, or the pass defender....great genes.....love that pick...we really only gave a 3rd and filler value wise).

The curse is moot, though Bret as Snake's Take was the voice of reason. Preached the picks/needs for months, and Snake is damn happy TT really delivered today. Crabby might be GREAT, but damn if BJ and Clay didn't make us SuperBowl contenders like Snake wanted for some time. Great draft, and will be fun to look at some years from now. BJ over Crabs anyday though. Dude's an exceptional beast/rare talent. Snake love's BJ's, and never had Crabs, thus the pass. :lol:

Partial
04-26-2009, 03:26 AM
So I've been giving this some though. If you're going to move one of the uggs to DE, it's gotta be Raji. Pickett is older, bigger and slower. Raji is the star athlete, so one has to think he'd be better at it.

Then again, maybe they want the push from inside? You've got to feel pretty good if they add a vet line Holliday for depth, and have a healthy Jenkins and Harrell (blind homerism right there!)

Matthews looks like a beast. I have limited exposure to him, but the USC/OSU game that I watched lsat year, he was a definite factor and played very well.

Exciting day for a Packer fan. Would have rather had Crabtree, but thats ok, I'm warming up to Raji. Really like the move to get Matthews. I bet TT had him damn high on his board.

SnakeLH2006
04-26-2009, 03:52 AM
So I've been giving this some though. If you're going to move one of the uggs to DE, it's gotta be Raji. Pickett is older, bigger and slower. Raji is the star athlete, so one has to think he'd be better at it.

Then again, maybe they want the push from inside? You've got to feel pretty good if they add a vet line Holliday for depth, and have a healthy Jenkins and Harrell (blind homerism right there!)

Matthews looks like a beast. I have limited exposure to him, but the USC/OSU game that I watched lsat year, he was a definite factor and played very well.

Exciting day for a Packer fan. Would have rather had Crabtree, but thats ok, I'm warming up to Raji. Really like the move to get Matthews. I bet TT had him damn high on his board.

Well Matthews looks like a beast cuz he's ONLY getting better...only had 16 starts (aced ST....some scouts said bar none best ST in the draft.....some said #3 passrusher overall ((had 5 sacks last year)) some said a guy who can defend the pass with 4.5 speed)...but all said he's a beast ass football player. That's the bottom line. Dude can play, and is all that matters. He WILL start opposite Kampy at OLB in 2009. Seen Matthews in 2 games on ESPN last year. He really stood out without making play (sacks/tackles/etc.) by making disrupting shit happen (deflecting passes, pressures, etc.). Dude will be a player day 1 in 2009 as a STARTER. You don't give up that many picks for a 1st rounder if not.

BJ will be the NT cuz he's a 3 down guy at NT with his pass rush skill (rare for a guy his size)..and WILL start not only cuz he's so talented, but draft status/contract. He's the real deal. Pickett will move cuz he's the ok size at DE and he's gone in a year anyway at FA at 31 years old. BJ is the future, so why fuck around moving him around? NT Stud, so train him there, or slide Pickett which TT was quoted at today on JSO to move to DE? Pretty easy choice.

BTW: Snake is imbibing right now. Forgot..Jenkins is coming back...thanks Partial. No need to list the secondary. Awesome. But Clay, AJ, Nick, and Kampy at LB, then BJ, Pickett, and Jenkins at DL. WOW! This draft day looks better and better. If only we could have picked Crabby, eh Bret? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 09:37 AM

Well Matthews looks like a beast cuz he's ONLY getting better...only had 16 starts (aced ST....some scouts said bar none best ST in the draft.....some said #3 passrusher overall ((had 5 sacks last year)) some said a guy who can defend the pass with 4.5 speed)...but all said he's a beast ass football player. That's the bottom line. Dude can play, and is all that matters. He WILL start opposite Kampy at OLB in 2009. Seen Matthews in 2 games on ESPN last year. He really stood out without making play (sacks/tackles/etc.) by making disrupting shit happen (deflecting passes, pressures, etc.). Dude will be a player day 1 in 2009 as a STARTER. You don't give up that many picks for a 1st rounder if not.

BJ will be the NT cuz he's a 3 down guy at NT with his pass rush skill (rare for a guy his size)..and WILL start not only cuz he's so talented, but draft status/contract. He's the real deal. Pickett will move cuz he's the ok size at DE and he's gone in a year anyway at FA at 31 years old. BJ is the future, so why fuck around moving him around? NT Stud, so train him there, or slide Pickett which TT was quoted at today on JSO to move to DE? Pretty easy choice.

BTW: Snake is imbibing right now. Forgot..Jenkins is coming back...thanks Partial. No need to list the secondary. Awesome. But Clay, AJ, Nick, and Kampy at LB, then BJ, Pickett, and Jenkins at DL. WOW! This draft day looks better and better. If only we could have picked Crabby, eh Bret? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Right

Crabtree round one
Barwin round two
Trade both 3's for Ron Brace :lol:

SnakeLH2006
04-28-2009, 01:22 AM
No need to list the secondary. Awesome. But Clay, AJ, Nick, and Kampy at LB, then BJ, Pickett, and Jenkins at DL. WOW! This draft day looks better and better. If only we could have picked Crabby, eh Bret? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Right

Crabtree round one
Barwin round two
Trade both 3's for Ron Brace :lol:

LOL. Just fucking with ya Bret. The curse is still there unless Crabs pans out (and prob. will me thinks) but it's hard to say we would have upgraded our team and D this much that way THIS year...plus, we would have had to hope that it worked out that way too. I give TT credit for risking his nuts to make us better THIS year ala Snake's Take.

Don't give up hope, I tried to extinguish your curse, bro, but it may live on. SF has no QB. :shock: :lol: