Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sparkey
04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Ringer just was picked by the Titans

Bretsky
I'd be down with Javon Ringer

Dude has talent when healthy

Where are all these hybrid DE to LB guys in late rounds that were suppose to be available per the early draft talk ?

DAM

Fosco33
My guess is that Durant Brooks will end up being the punter this year. He was a practive squad guy last year after being cut by the Redskins. Packer Update likes him too.
He certainly has a strong leg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut2FA9xGkfY

I gotta feeling he's gonna be our punter when it's all said and done.

He beat out Frost and then got cut by the Skins.

Seems like we're playing with average/below average guys at best.

mission
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
what's up with this mono hard-panned audio stream on the packers site ... at least use left/right mono if you're technically limited.

FIRE THE SOUND ENGINEER!

channtheman
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
so much talk about punters...

Is the guy we finished the season with last year that bad? Is there something wrong with just bringing in a couple of UFA's to push him?

Who is our punter anyway? We had Ryan and then Frost. Who was the next guy?

Kapinos

Oh yeah, thank you.

packrulz
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
The nice thing is that we had so many prospects when we lost Tauscher.

I'm thinking Barbre, Giacomini, Colledge or Sitton are best bets to play RT.

By the time next year comes and we have to replace Clifton, I'm hoping one of these latest prospects is ready to either play LT or to play another position and move someone else to LT.
I'm not so sure they'll keep Cliffy or Tauch now, they can't keep that many lineman, they''ll probably go with College at LT & Giacomini at RT, with Barbre & Sitton as guards & Spitz at C.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
GOOD STUFF HERE

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Draft/jamon_meridith.htm

A 38 game starter in the rugged SEC, Jamon Meredith had a trial by fire that will serve him well in the pros as he is no stranger to elite athletes and NFL speed.

Meredith never did win any football accolades but academically he’s highly decorated. A recipient of the Harold White Grade Point Average Award in 2008 with a 3.7 GPA, A 2007 ESPN Academic All-District selection and a 2006 recipient of the Andrew Sorensen Scholar-Athlete Award for Football, Meredith is an incredibly bright and motivated kid who takes well to coaching.

I’m not sure what the problem most people seem to have with Meredith is. They say his production does not match his athletic abilities. I say 7 sacks allowed in two seasons is not that bad, maybe not elite but not that bad either, especially in the SEC and on a Steve Spurrier team.

He seems the prototypical LT at 6’5” 304lbs and has experience playing multiple positions along the line. Long arms, big hands, a natural knee bender and a long kick slide that is quite deceiving. His feet can be a little slow at time but that might have more to do with a lack of conditioning than anything else and he kicks wide and can cover a lot of ground. He has a great understanding of blocking schemes and is arguably one of the smartest athletes in college football.

Meredith badly needs to get into a pro conditioning program and take the weight room seriously. He could stand to add another 10-15 pounds to his frame but right now he needs to work on getting into the best possible shape. His lack of conditioning causes him to play more lethargic and slower than he otherwise should be playing.

His overall technique has not quite caught up with the rest of his gifts as he will play a little tall and will drop back to far, opening a wide inside lane that canny defenders take advantage of.

I won’t fault Meredith for being a naturally quiet person. He is not an attention seeker or a colorful character and many believe he lacks intensity and aggressiveness. While he would do well to develop a mean streak, his lack of emotion has more to do with an even nature and analytical personality than a lack of fire. There fire is there, but Meredith will always be a thinker before a fighter.

This draft class of tackles is incredibly deep and Meredith is no exception. He has the potential to be a great player but his conditioning must improve. The second round appears likely for this prospect but he has other prospects hot on his trail and may get passed over. Regardless, a selection in the mid to late second round offers a a team great value

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Saints traded up to get a punter

WHo let Mike Sherman into the Saints warroom? :lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpg

Lurker64
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Seems like a pretty good pick, this offensive line group is going to be competitive, and it's almost certain that Tauscher won't be back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Moll and Wells (at least) shown the door.

Joemailman
What's the deal with Mickens? I thought he's be a 3rd round pick.

Edit: I just read he had a knee injury that kept him out of Senior Bowl and Combine.

channtheman
WOW on Meredith. A 2nd round pick was considered great value, we picked him up with our 5th.

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
kiper liked quinn in 5th

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Mel just touted the Quinn Johnson pick

Peerman or a DE/OLB prospect would make sense next

Zach Follett ? What's the scoup on him ???

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM

By the time next year comes and we have to replace Clifton, I'm hoping one of these latest prospects is ready to either play LT or to play another position and move someone else to LT.
I'm not so sure they'll keep Cliffy or Tauch now, they can't keep that many lineman, they''ll probably go with College at LT & Giacomini at RT, with Barbre & Sitton as guards & Spitz at C.Tauscher is unsigned.

HarveyWallbangers
WOW on Meredith. A 2nd round pick was considered great value, we picked him up with our 5th.

You can't get too caught up on the pre-draft rankings. However, he looks intriguing. Athletic ability is there. Lots of experience playing in the best conference in football. He needs to put on some weight though.

Fosco33
is Jonathan Casillas available?

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpgThat picture never gets old. :lol:

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
is Jonathan Casillas available?yes

channtheman
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpgThat picture never gets old. :lol:

Where's the one where someone put the caption "Attention to detail, never hurts when trading up to draft a punter in the 3rd round" or something on it?

packrulz
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM

I'm not so sure they'll keep Cliffy or Tauch now, they can't keep that many lineman, they''ll probably go with College at LT & Giacomini at RT, with Barbre & Sitton as guards & Spitz at C.Tauscher is unsigned.
And coming off an injury, Cliffy's knees are shot, he can't even practice.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
is Jonathan Casillas available?

Still out there.

RashanGary
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpg

This picture get's funnier every time I see it. This time, I noticed how alert and focused the other front office member in attendance was. For some reason, seeing the sleeping Sherman next to the focused scout makes me laugh.

Fosco33

And coming off an injury, Cliffy's knees are shot, he can't even practice.

rumor is taush is done in gb

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
double ot bulls-celtics

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:12 PM
double ot bulls-celticswhat basketball to going on thought it was done by now.

falco
Doubt Clifton is going anywhere this year, but wouldn't be surprised at all if this is his last.

packrulz
Packers have picks 182 & 187.

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Packers pick coming up

channtheman
04-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Packers have picks 182 & 187.

I'm watching those 2 and then doing something else the rest of the day. Researching the draft and all these players is exhausting.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:14 PM
at this point it's BPA between a speedy scatterback if one is there, a S/CB, or a pass rusher

I'd like to see a DT/Pass Rusing prospect in

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Im thinking Jonathan Casillas, Curtis Taylor, Ricky Jean-Francois, John Gill

red
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
double ot bulls-celtics

thanks for the heads up

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm looking at what the Patriots did on the NFL Network and it's flat out scary

Plus, they picked up two more second round picks last year for two third round picks this year

nuts

channtheman
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
We are on the clock now.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Peerman ?
Francois ?
Follett ?

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
And ESPN goes to break while the Pack is on the clock AGAIN!

RashanGary
Interesting group. Follet played with Bishop, no?

Sparkey
The Packers select jarius Wynn

Jarius Wynn
Height: 6-25/8 | Weight: 275 | 40-Time: 5.01
Jarius Wynn | Georgia Bulldogs
Official Bio

Stars
Strengths:
Great bulk with long arms...Big, strong hands and knows how to use them..Versatile..Stout at the point of attack..Powerful tackler...Tough physical and aggressive...Great motor...Hard worker...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Classic 'Tweener?...Not very fast or quick...Isn't explosive and lacks a burst...Not a sack artist and repertoire of moves is limited...Has to get stronger...Doesn't have a lot of experience...Was not very productive.

Notes:
Cousin is former Georgia defensive lineman Shed Wynn...A JUCO transfer from Georgia Military College where he earned 2nd Team All-American honors in 2006...Saw action in all 13 games as a backup for the Bulldogs in 2007...Appeared in 13 games and made 7 starts in 2008...Played in a rotation at UGA...Saw action at both defensive tackle and defensive end in college...Has the potential to bulk up and move inside full-time...Probably profiles as more of a backup at the next level...Interesting prospect and might be worth a late round flyer.

Bretsky
Got a DE

channtheman
Another commercial on ESPN...... how's the NFLN?

RashanGary
And ESPN goes to break while the Pack is on the clock AGAIN!

In the first round we must have been paired near a team that gets better rating than us because they weren't giving us as many commercials as we're used to.

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
DE Wynn

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey, a Georgia Bulldog !! In memory of Odell Thurman

Rastak
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
nfl.com

Overview

Scouts see a lot of potential in this former junior college transfer, who was Georgia Military Academy's defensive MVP in 2006. His size and length on the edge did not result in a lot of production in two years between the hedges (33 tackles, four sacks), though his growth might have been stunted a bit with the Georgia staff rotating him back and forth between defensive end and tackle throughout his junior season. Scouts wonder if he was on the verge of breaking out, as he enjoyed the two best games of his career for Georgia in his final two contests. Wynn racked up a career-high six tackles against rival Georgia Tech and followed up that performance with another four tackles, including two sacks, against Michigan State in the 2009 Capital One Bowl. If his game continues to improve, Wynn could make a roster as a swing end able to play the run and pressure the quarterback -- ultimately proving to be a better pro than collegiate player.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Gotta admit. I never heard of Jarius Wynn.

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Gotta admit. I never heard of Jarius Wynn.2nd that

Gunakor
Hey, a Georgia Bulldog !! In memory of Odell Thurman

He'll be cut by mid August, just coz you said that. Thanks a ton B.

RashanGary
Taking flyers now. He could make the team though. That is one position that we have shit for depth.

channtheman
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Wynn wasn't productive at all at Georgia. When all the players are equal though I don't have a problem drafting a need.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a great candidate for the Practice Squad. Might need to bulk up a bit to play DE.

red
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
football weekly's draft mag says he's

"very motivated, versatile, and a stout run plugger"

sounds like what we need at DE

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a great candidate for the Practice Squad. Might need to bulk up a bit to play DE.

Possibly a guy to compete with Kampy at OLB? He's a tweener, according to what is written, and his stature. Not a prototypical 3-4 end, but could be a situational guy, special teamer.

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Packers on clock

red

Possibly a guy to compete with Kampy at OLB? He's a tweener, according to what is written, and his stature. Not a prototypical 3-4 end, but could be a situational guy, special teamer.

from what i can find he was a tweener between DT and DE

he's 275

Fosco33
NFLN interview, sanchez just said 8-4 would win the division --- ha ha ha.

Someone tell him they play 16 games.

RashanGary

hmm. . .

Alright. I'm sold. This guy is a stud, plays with natural leverage. Film is outstanding. Can't wait to see him inserted in the starting lineup on week 1.

Championship!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Mike Mickens or Rashad Jennings

Nah, I don't have the magic touch--like Bretsky.

BZnDallas
what ever happened to that Pescadeax guy?...

pack4to84

hmm. . .

Alright. I'm sold. This guy is a stud, plays with natural leverage. Film is outstanding. Can't wait to see him inserted in the starting lineup on week 1.

Championship!! :glug:

Fosco33
commercial time on NFLN :lol:

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
wonder if TT could trade this pick for a 5th next year ?

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM

his name is peepeetuggeracleax

Bretsky
I really liked Peerman with that last pick but hopefully the DE turns out

RashanGary
wonder if TT could trade this pick for a 5th next year ?

He better not. You've gotten enough things right for one day :)

oregonpackfan
Here we are in the middle of the 6th round and running back P.J. Hill still has not been drafted. I am one fan who felt it was a mistake for the guy to declare early for the draft. If he has a chance of making it in the NFL, it will be at fullback rather than tailback.

I have a suspicion the guy will not even be drafted. He should have stayed another year in college, IMO.

channtheman
Another commercial....

cpk1994
ESPN is just killing me!

pack4to84
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Brandon Underwood (CB) Cincy

Sparkey
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Brandon Underwood

Brandon Underwood
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 198 | 40-Time: 4.53
Brandon Underwood | Cincinnati Bearcats
Official Bio

Stars
Strengths:
Very athletic...Terrific height and good bulk with long arms...Has fluid hips...Nice hands and ball skills...A great leaper...Can match up in man coverage...Excellent range...Physical and very aggressive...Has some special teams ability...Offers some versatility...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
Just average speed...Isn't very explosive...Needs to get stronger...Will miss some tackles...Marginal instincts and awareness...Vulnerable to fakes and takes chances...Little experience...Maturity may be an issue.

Notes:
Brother, E.J., played football at Ohio State...Began his college career with the Buckeyes ('04-'06) but played sparingly...Wasn't living up to his obligations ( academics / missed meetings ) and when informed his scholarship wasn't going to be renewed he opted to transfer...Had a breakout campaign in 2008, which was his one and only season with the Bearcats...Has had some problems with his shoulder...Could also project to safety at the next level and did see quite a bit of action there as a senior...Definitely looks the part on paper and finally began to live up to his potential once he was given some playing time...Talented developmental prospect with a very intriguing set of triangle numbers.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2004 RS - - - -
2005 1 3 0 0 0
2006 8 0 0 0 0
2007 DNP - - - -
2008 14 66 6 4 60
Totals 23 69 6 4 60

BZnDallas
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM

his name is peepeetuggeracleax

haha... my bad JH

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone going to watch desperate housewives tonight? For some reason, I want to watch those hot mommy's begging to get pounded by the pool boy or whatever it is they do on that show.

channtheman
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM
ESPN is just killing me!

You know what though, they friggin ignore the draft from this point on and just talk about other crap. I wish they would give a quick BIO and then show some footage of all the players drafted.

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM
CB - Underwood from Cincy. Can play other areas of secondary - make a nickle guy or practice fonder?

Pretty much rounds out all 'need' areas. And another guy rated high (3rd round). Plenty of "value" in this weak draft.

6'1'', 200lbs, 4.44 40

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Here we are in the middle of the 6th round and running back P.J. Hill still has not been drafted. I am one fan who felt it was a mistake for the guy to declare early for the draft. If he has a chance of making it in the NFL, it will be at fullback rather than tailback.

I have a suspicion the guy will not even be drafted. He should have stayed another year in college, IMO.

Multiple dui's a month before the draft pretty much killed his shot.

He's a dumbass.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Take a flier on a high potential guy. We'll see. Hopefully some of these later round picks can make it.

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Take a flier on a high potential guy. We'll see. Hopefully some of these later round picks can make it.

That was Cincy's exchange pick from swapping last years 7th for this years 6th.

Packer exclusive with Ted on espn!

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
TEDDY"S ON ESPN!

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
McGinn's Top 100 Players:

5 B.J. Raji
12 Clay Matthews
65 Jamon Meredith
97 Brandon Underwood

Add the top-rated FB on some boards in Quinn Johnson and an intriguing prospect in T.J. Lang. I take these rankings with a grain of salt, but they all have intriguing qualities about them. Wynn is the only typical Thompson pick where you're scratching your head--although it sounds like he has potential as 3-4 DE. Good to see that a scout thought he might end up having a better pro career than college.

Ballboy
tt on espn

Iron Mike
The Polar Bear's on ESPN right now!!! 8-)

red
unless i'm missing something, we only have one pick lets, and we haven't taken a WR yet

i guess this really is a draft of firsts for TT

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
unless i'm missing something, we only have one pick lets, and we haven't taken a WR yet

i guess this really is a draft of firsts for TTAnd he hasn't traded down once.

Gunakor
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
TEDDY"S ON ESPN!

Love the guy

"What can the fans expect from your defense this year?"

"Well, hopefully we'll stop 'em more."

Nice :D

red
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
damn, that little highlight reel of raji was nice

Partial
04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
McGinn's Top 100 Players:

5 B.J. Raji
12 Clay Matthews
65 Jamon Meredith
97 Brandon Underwood

Add the top-rated FB on some boards in Quinn Johnson and an intriguing prospect in T.J. Lang. I take these rankings with a grain of salt, but they all have intriguing qualities about them. Wynn is the only typical Thompson pick where you're scratching your head--although it sounds like he has potential as 3-4 DE. Good to see that a scout thought he might end up having a better pro career than college.

That certainly does look good.

Who is this Wynn? I had to step out and head into the office so I must have missed that pick.

packrulz
04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/brandon-underwood?id=71489#profiles-tabs:players-analysis

Lurker64
04-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Time for the early "predict who we take a flyer on in the 7th" game.

I'm thinking Devin Moore out of Wyoming, the real speedy 3rd down back.

Partial
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Is that athletic 5 tech prospect still available? Lock him up if so.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Who is this Wynn?

Jarius Wynn - developmental 3-4 DE from Georgia.

Overview

Scouts see a lot of potential in this former junior college transfer, who was Georgia Military Academy's defensive MVP in 2006. His size and length on the edge did not result in a lot of production in two years between the hedges (33 tackles, four sacks), though his growth might have been stunted a bit with the Georgia staff rotating him back and forth between defensive end and tackle throughout his junior season. Scouts wonder if he was on the verge of breaking out, as he enjoyed the two best games of his career for Georgia in his final two contests. Wynn racked up a career-high six tackles against rival Georgia Tech and followed up that performance with another four tackles, including two sacks against Michigan State in the 2009 Capital One Bowl. If his game continues to improve, Wynn could make a roster as a swing end able to play the run and pressure the quarterback -- ultimately proving to be a better pro than collegiate player.

Analysis

Positives: Looks the part. … Appears to have the frame to handle adding additional mass and make the transition inside to defensive tackle. … More technically refined than most junior college prospects. … Good hand usage to take on and slip blocks. … Has the lateral agility to force the play out wide. … Can break down in space and make the secure tackle. … Might be an ascending player.

Negatives: Lacks burst off the snap. … Bit of a "tweener." … Lacks the speed off the edge to generate a consistent pass rush from the outside and the bulk to play inside at this time. … Needs an open lane to close on the ballcarrier. … Never established himself as a playmaker in the SEC despite plenty of hype.

steve823
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Great draft this year for the pack IMO..cant wait to see how weverything turns out

Is it just me or is anyone else pised off about the Patriots? They got a lot of great prospects like Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung..ughh I hate them.

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Greg Paulus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
04-26-2009, 03:51 PM
What happened to the guy breaking all of Jennings records? I missed if he got picked.

packrulz
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/jarius-wynn?id=81885#profiles-tabs:players-analysis

Fosco33
04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
What happened to the guy breaking all of Jennings records? I missed if he got picked.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/its_just_sports/2009/01/will_jamarko_simmons_be_better.html

Jamarko Simmons not yet drafted.

packrulz
04-26-2009, 04:00 PM
TT did a great job in this draft, Raji & Matthews might be starters, Lang & Meredith could've been 2-3rd round picks, Underwood & Wynn provide depth & special teams help, nice draft so far! I'm hoping for a RB or TE at #218.

packers11
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/its_just_sports/2009/01/will_jamarko_simmons_be_better.html

interesting... Jennings was a 2nd round pick, why hasn't this guy gone yet? There has to be more to the story... :?:

packrulz
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon is still there, he's pretty good.

Rastak
04-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Painter to the Colts....kind of interesting.....

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Great draft this year for the pack IMO..cant wait to see how weverything turns out

Is it just me or is anyone else pised off about the Patriots? They got a lot of great prospects like Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung..ughh I hate them.

Pats IMO were unbelievable; I'd say TT did an excellent job. Deserves an A

But what the Pats did is in a class by itself

WOW transactions

And they have two additional second rounders next year as well.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Painter to the Colts....kind of interesting.....

Still amazes me that Jim Sorgi is still employed

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Wake up everybody! Only a few picks away from the Packers 7th round selection.

Rastak
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Wake up everybody! Only a few picks away from the Packers 7th round selection.

I thought I was by myself..........the ass end of this draft does seem a bit more boring than usual. Vikings didn;t have many second day picks although the Pack has the usual bevy of picks.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Dolphins take J.D. Folsom. nfldraftscout has nothing on him, not even where he went to school.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Panthers take Captain Munnerlyn.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
my goal for round #7
I just want to recognize the name

odds against me :lol:

Rastak
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM

"I'm your captain" Munnerlyn.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I predict TT takes the #3 punter

Farley Face
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
TE from Maryland would be a nice developmental guy this late. Gronkowski.

Lurker64
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Anybody else sick of the annual "look at how smart the Patriots are" segment in the draft?

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Packers are on the clock.

CaptainKickass

"I'm your captain" Munnerlyn.

Uh.....No

I'm The Captain!

Dammit!

:D

Rastak
Anybody else sick of the annual "look at how smart the Patriots are" segment in the draft?

Pretty much, although those bastards are piling up the picks for next year.

Bretsky

they deserve every bit of kudos they get; unbelievable

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
scratch the punter; I don't think there is one worth beans left

Trade this pick for a 6th next year :!:

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Brad Jones OLB Colorado

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
I swear to god. ESPN can go shoot themselves.

Lurker64
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Brad Jones OLB Colorado

Never heard of him.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
AT COLORADO: 2008 (Sr.)—He started all 12 games at outside linebacker, earning honorable mention All-Big 12 honors from both the Associated Press and the league coaches; he was second-team All-Colorado by the state’s chapter of the National Football Foundation. He was CU’s co-defensive player of the year, as selected by the coaches (Dave Jones Award). He played the third most snaps on defense (707), racking up 78 tackles, of which 48 were solo and 14 for losses, including seven sacks (the latter two both team highs). He also led the team in quarterback hurries with 14 and was second in third down stops (12). He also forced two fumbles, had a pass breakup and three chasedowns (near sacks). He matched his career high of 10 tackles against West Virginia (five solo), had six tackles or more in eight games and at least one tackle for loss in nine games. He was CU’s defensive player of the week for the Kansas State game, when he had four tackles (one solo), a forced fumble, and the second most hurries for a single game in school history—seven. He closed his career with nine tackles at Nebraska, which including eight solo stops, three for losses and two sacks. His 242 career tackles rank 35th at Colorado.

2007 (Jr.)—He started all 13 games including the Independence Bowl at the “sam” outside linebacker position, playing steady all season long as he got the job done without a lot of flash. He posted 72 tackles on the year (45 solo), with six for losses including a pair of quarterback sacks. He also had nine third down stops, seven hurries, five tackles for zero and three passes broken up. Though it didn’t count in the statistics, he had a huge sack at Texas Tech, thwarting a two-point conversion try that kept the Buff lead at 12 (31-19) in the second half. He matched his career high with 10 tackles (seven solo) at Arizona State, and he posted nine stops against Missouri and had eight on two occasions, versus Colorado State and Kansas. He had his sacks against Texas Tech and Nebraska. He earned CU’s Male Athlete of the Week honors for the Miami-Ohio game, when he had six tackles (four solo), one tackle for loss, another for zero, two hurries and two third down stops. He added two unassisted tackles on special teams duty. In the bowl game against Alabama, he had 10 tackles, seven solo and two for losses, with a pass broken up.

2006 (Soph.)—Played in all 12 games, starting 11 (only non-start came when CU opened in a nickel defense against Texas Tech. In playing the fourth most snaps from scrimmage on defense (644), he finished third on the team in tackles with 72 (41 solo). He had five or more tackles in nine games, including a season- and career-high 10 in the win over Iowa State. He had nine in the loss to Baylor, with a season best eight solo, with eight stops against Arizona State and seven each in the Georgia and Oklahoma games. Though he had a season-low two stops at Kansas, he did make his first career interception against the Jayhawks. He had six third down stops on the season, and he was credited with half a quarterback sack against Iowa State, the first of his career. He also had two hurries and a pass broken up.

2005 (Fr.-RS)—He played in all 13 games, including the Champs Sports Bowl (no starts), seeing action for 198 plays from scrimmage. He had 20 tackles on the year, including 16 solo and one for a loss, to go with two third down stops, a quarterback hurry and pass broken up. He had a season and career high seven tackles (five unassisted) in the regular season game at Texas, and also posted three against Kansas and the Longhorns the second time around. He also had five special team points, as he recorded two tackles, one inside-the-20, and two knockdown blocks on returns.

2004 (Fr.)—Redshirted; did not see any game action but practiced at outside linebacker the entire season.

HIGH SCHOOL—As a senior captain and team MVP, he was a first-team all-state selection and all-state Dream Team performer by the Detroit Free Press, when the Lansing State Journal also named him the Defensive Player of the Year. The runner-up for State Player of the Year (Class A), PrepStar selected him to its all-Midwest team as an athlete, while SuperPrep and Prep Football Report put him on their all-Midwest squads. PFR, who called him “an excellent defender with tremendous instincts,” also ranked him as the No. 62 player overall in the Midwest (12th LB), as he was a Lindy’s preseason Top 100 performer (one of 15 ‘backers). During his senior and junior years he earned first-team all-conference (Capitol Area Athletic Conference), all-area and all-area Dream Team honors by the Lansing State Journal. The Detroit Free Press made him an all-state special mention honoree his junior year, as he also earned a spot on the all-conference first-team when he was a sophomore. As a senior, he recorded 117 total tackles (79 solo), 18 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, two fumble recoveries (including one for a 70-yard touchdown), five forced fumbles, four interceptions (with one going for a 30-yard touchdown), 15 quarterback hurries and six pass deflections. On offense, where he also started at tight end, he reeled in 27 passes and five touchdowns for 501 yards. As a junior and dual starter once again, he compiled 110 total tackles (62 solo), 11 stuffs for loss, five sacks, four fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles, two interceptions, five quarterback pressures, three pass breakups and one blocked field goal. He also caught 12 balls and one touchdown totaling 280 yards. During his sophomore season, he finished with 99 total stops (42 solo), six tackles for loss, two sacks, one recovered fumble, one interception, three quarterback hurries and one pass deflection, while also netting one reception for 30 yards. Top games: In a win over Holt as a sophomore he had 18 tackles (13 solo), two tackles for loss and one pass deflection. Against Lowell in a six-point loss his senior year, he racked up 16 stops (13 solo), three tackles for loss, one sack and one forced fumble all while adding three receptions for 95 yards and one score. With a 38-37 victory over Haslett in 2003, he finished with 18 total tackles (11 solo), three tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one interception, which he returned for the 30-yard touchdown. He also totaled 85 yards and one touchdown on five catches. Under coach Jeff Smith, East Lansing was the 9-2 conference champs his senior year, 6-4 his junior season and 13-1 his sophomore year, losing in the second round of the state playoffs. He lettered four years in track, as he competed in the 200-meter dash (21.7 career best) and the 110 hurdles (14.32), earning all-area and all-regional runner-up honors as a junior. He also played basketball as a freshman and sophomore.

ACADEMICS—He graduated in December 2008 with a degree in Economics. He boasted a 3.1 grade point average in high school and was an honor roll student, and was named a Detroit Free-Press Scholar-Athlete for all sports in 2003-04.

red
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
he's light

6'4 225

packers11
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
T.T. didn't trade down once :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
It is now official:

TT went through an entire draft WITHOUT trading down! :shock:

Partial
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Really have to like the emphasis on defense TT put on this draft. Looks like we'll have a competitive camp and a few new faces next season.

packrulz
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
The O-line was a mess last year too, this year they'll be better.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I wonder why Jamon Meredith slipped so far. He's started at RT, LT and LG the last 3 years. You would think teams would have liked that versatility. Maybe all that switching hampered his progress. It'll be interesting to see where the Packers place him.

Rastak
04-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I wonder why Jamon Meredith slipped so far. He's started at RT, LT and LG the last 3 years. You would think teams would have liked that versatility. Maybe all that switching hampered his progress. It'll be interesting to see where the Packers place him.

The Packers seem to collect offensive lineman. How many does a team need?

boiga
04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Ted just said on the live feed that he'd been hoping TJ Lang would drop down to where we could get him.

We did pretty well this draft filling the holes.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM

Never enought when several of them suck; if you throw enough darts at a board some of them will eventually stick.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't think Tauscher and Moll will be back, so they have about the same number as last year. Wells could be gone too if he doesn't win the starting job at C.

wist43
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM

They need: 2 T's, 2 G's, and 1 C...

The Packers just have a bunch of "versatile" Offensive Linemen... and the rule of thumb is, once a guy starts getting comfortable in one spot, ya have to move him somewhere else real quick, else he will lose his "versatile" credential :lol:

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

Rastak
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

FACT.

wist43
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Ted just said on the live feed that he'd been hoping TJ Lang would drop down to where we could get him.

Maybe he is beginning to feel pressure... never would have figured he'd actually do anything to help the team this year.

wist43
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Brad Jones OLB Colorado

Can he punt??? :lol:

pbmax
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!
This breaking news just in from The Fort... :lol:

pbmax
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM

Maybe he is beginning to feel pressure... never would have figured he'd actually do anything to help the team this year.
You are a good voice for clear-eyed vision and rational analysis. But T2 never said he was AGAINST people helping out this year, just that it wasn't a requirement. :D

red
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

duh

pbmax
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I read that coaches at Carolina called him a clubhouse lawyer and believed he was not committed to getting the most out of his abilities. Football, in their view wasn't his passion.

There is always the chance he was one of the eight caught in testing too.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

I agree.

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Looks like Dom Capers is going to speak to reporters.

red
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
gotta give props to tt for this draft

i'm still not thrilled with all we gave up to get mathews, but we got a lot of good players in areas of need

2 new starters day one on d, 1 new thumper starting fullback, 2 real nice o-line prospects, and some defensive projects

nice job tt

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Brad Jones is up first before Dom.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I like having two new lineman. Moll, Wells, Barbre and Giacomini are going to be battling to keep spots on the team. This is going to be the most competitive camp yet on the OL. Overall, the OL is still young, but if we can get 5 good ones out of this group of 10, there is going to be some damn good OL play in Green Bay for the next 5 or 10 years.

I still think they have to lock up Colledge and Spitz during training camp. We can't go with all rookies and first year starters again next year. We have to keep a couple vets that have been through the battles and those two are NFL ready right now.

Joemailman
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

Thank you Captain Obvious.

cpk1994
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

Thank you Captain Obvious.And in other news, the sun rises in the East.

EDIT: FIxed for accuracy and to cover my brain fart. :oops:

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:00 PM
McCarthy mentioned Barbre and Giacomini as possible starters at RT.

Man, if the light goes on for Barbre, we're going to be in great shape on the OL.

Said matter of factly that Sitton was RG. Didn't mention Colledge as RT at all.

Sounds like Clifton/Colledge/Spitz/Sitton/Barbre or Giacomini

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Said he's not going to bounce guys around nearly as much

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd be sick of I see Moll as a starter again; if we learned anything last year I hope it's that we have to have better talent than Moll as a starting OL

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Said they loved Crabtree. Said that was a fun conversation. Too tough to pass on the rare big guys. Talked about the new big 5 with Crabtree.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd be sick of I see Moll as a starter again; if we learned anything last year I hope it's that we have to have better talent than Moll as a starting OL

Sounds like McCArthy may have given up on him. Sounds like they want Barbre or Giacomini to step in at RT.

KYPack
04-26-2009, 06:17 PM

I think they want Moll gone. He proved he can't start, even a little bit. They even want to replace him as a back-up, with all the additions in the draft and FA.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking that too, KY. I think with Preston and the new additions, we might be letting Wells go too.

Bretsky
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Said they loved Crabtree. Said that was a fun conversation. Too tough to pass on the rare big guys. Talked about the new big 5 with Crabtree.

would have been dynamic; Rodgers would have been in heaven for his career. I think GB was truly surprised to be able to choose between Raji and Crab. And SF was in heaven after we made the choice per their interview.

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I can see SF wanting Crabtree. I believe in football starting in the trenches and Raji is a unique, dominate DT. I think we had two very good options at that point in the draft. 9 & 10 could easily end up being better than both 1 & 2 IMO.

Packnut
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I was bitching about how bad Moll was 2 years ago! It's a shame MM can't see things as quickly as I do.......... :roll:

RashanGary
04-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I was bitching about how bad Moll was 2 years ago! It's a shame MM can't see things as quickly as I do.......... :roll:

haha. Or can't do anything about it because it takes time to draft and develop players.

I thought Moll was going to step up. I was dead freaking wrong. We have about 10 young guys though. Hopefully we end up with 5 good ones and keep drafting more to replenish over the years.

Packnut
04-26-2009, 06:28 PM

haha. Or can't do anything about it because it takes time to draft and develop players.

I thought Moll was going to step up. I was dead freaking wrong. We have about 10 young guys though. Hopefully we end up with 5 good ones and keep drafting more to replenish over the years.

My biggest hope now with this draft is that the 3 guys I hate the most and have no business on a football field, MOLL, BUSH and POPPINGA will all be gone before the 2009 season begins.

Farley Face
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Wells, Moll, and Tausch will be replaced by Preston and the two draft picks.

Rastak
04-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Next up....Mr Irrelevant......

Rastak
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Ryan Succup........and that's all she wrote folks.

Farley Face
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM

Thanks for posting all the info as players were being picked. Much appreciated.

ThunderDan
04-26-2009, 06:56 PM

Packernut, I have to disaree with you there. I thought Moll showed some promise to start. He got a stinger for the first time his rookie year and they said he was so afraid of rehurting himself that he lost his "mean streak". Can't say I blame him.

All in all Moll has to go!!

Badgerinmaine
04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
ERIN ANDREWS IS HOT !!

FACT.
Natch--she was born in Maine! :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Succup? Really? His parents could have come with some good stuff going "Mike Hunt" with the first name.

Guiness
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM

interesting... Jennings was a 2nd round pick, why hasn't this guy gone yet? There has to be more to the story... :?:

He punched a coach...

(sorry, had to be done)