PDA

View Full Version : FALCO HAS SPOKEN

falco
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I give my official endorsement to Vernon Davis with the #5 pick in the draft.

This guy is going to be a superstar. Having him on the field immediately makes Aaron Rodgers ten times better.

falco
04-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Sorry woody I didn't read your post until after I made this one. Looks we are in agreement on this one.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2006, 10:09 PM

This guy is going to be a superstar. Having him on the field immediately makes Aaron Rodgers ten times better.

No, get D and ARod will be grateful he doesnt have to be 10X better. Do you have a link to that video of Davis makeing plays?

falco
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM

No, get D and ARod will be grateful he doesnt have to be 10X better. Do you have a link to that video of Davis makeing plays?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kq5g7O9YvwQ&search=vernon%20davis

That has the combine vids, plus a couple play vids.

I agree that defense is important...but Rodgers will be a step down from Favre last year....and even he couldn't do jack with our offense. Davis will be a nice safety net for Rodgers.

falco
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Think about what Boller did to us with Todd Heap this year.

oregonpackfan
04-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I have to disagree with you, Falco. I would take Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk over Davis.

Oregonpackfan

falco
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I have to disagree with you, Falco. I would take Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk over Davis.

Oregonpackfan

I wouldn't be disappointed with either of those two...actually, my call for Davis is under the assumption Williams will be gone.

If he is still there, I'm not sure where I would go.

Either way, I'm excited about this pick......as long as we don't trade down.

b bulldog
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Williams and if he is gone, I agree on Davis.

woodbuck27
04-05-2006, 11:07 PM

Oregonpackfan

I wouldn't be disappointed with either of those two...actually, my call for Davis is under the assumption Williams will be gone.

If he is still there, I'm not sure where I would go.

Either way, I'm excited about this pick......as long as we don't trade down.

Yes 10-4 on Mario being gone to either the Saints or Jets and we don't go QB again so it's Hawk or Vernon Davis and there are few going to come along like this specimen.

The argument of NO to a LBer or TE at #5 doesn't apply here. Davis or Hawk for us? Realistically, it has to be Vernon Davis.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Realistically, it could be anyone.

Assuming Bush and Leinart are gone, would anybody be surprised if Thompson drafted Ferguson, Young, Williams, Hawk, Davis, Cutler, or even Huff or Ngata? Or if he traded down? I just don't know what to expect. Usually what's expected in a draft and what happens are two very different things.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I get a real kick out of some of you. #5 is too high to take a linebacker, but not too fucking high to take a tight end?

Hawk's work out numbers were far superior to any other linebackers at the combine, and his play was far superior to that of any other linebacker this year.

The Packers actually have holes at linebacker. The Packers have a pro bowler at tight end currently, his back ups are unproven, or often injured, but then you spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a tight end this year, depth is also good at that position.

Davis is going to be good, but he is a junior and the learning curve of the NFL is going to smack him right in the face.

I like Davis and if Hawk was off the board, I would consider Davis a good pick, but for the present and for the future of this franchise, Hawk is the right pick.

I know, taking a white linebacker with the #5 pick is crazy, why take the sure thing. Reach on stardom, and get smacked in the face with a shit pie.

SkinBasket
04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
The problem I get with Davis is that he's the flava of da month. Two, three months ago, NO ONE was picking Davis that high. Yet, despite not playing a game in that time, people are now stoking a big one because he did some good running and jumping.

The Pack does not need a tight end, even if you can split him out wide (which we can already do with Lee). VD is a good pick at 10-12, and an excellent pick below that, but to have him top five is silly considering the talent at the top this year.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Michael Huff !!!

billy_oliver880
04-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Any punters worthy of a 1st round pick? :wink:

hurleyfan
04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Any punters worthy of a 1st round pick? :wink: That's a good one!

Shermie is in Houston, maybe if they draft a kicker with # 1, Bush WILL fall to us @5 :smile:

beakerman
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
The more i see of Davis, the more i would be wouldn't mind him getting picked at #5 he is a stud. With the Cover 2 schemes that all the NFC North teams run, he would be perfect to challenge right down the seam, in a two tight end threat with recievers uptop, Davis down the seam, and bubba coming underneith... unstoppable!!