PDA

View Full Version : Bengals cut G/C Larry Moore

Spaulding
07-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Link to article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2518501

Given the fact this guy is a veteran starter (albeit coming off injury plagued season) and can play guard or center does anybody follow the Bengals a bit to give insight into whether this guy might be worthy of signing? Size-wise at 6-3/300lbs he appears to be the type of guy that might fit for zone blocking but given his injury history and fresh off the O'Dwyer fiasco of last year I'm wondering if we stay clear rather than bring him in for a try out.

Thoughts?

MadtownPacker
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Im very comfortable with Wells at center. I think the G situation need to be developed witht the youngsters instead of stopgap.

But the Packs not "rebuilding". :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
bring him in! ehhe cant hurt to have more camp bodies maybe he has alot in the tank left...

K-town
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
No thank you, please.
Haven't we had enough ex-Bangles come through in the last few years, of dubious quality? Nick Luchey, Mark Roman, Matt O'Dwyer, et al...

Merlin
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
The bright spot in having rookies play at the gaurds is that their minds are easier to work with then veterans. The dark spot is that they will make rookie mistakes. Wells is a solid starting center and I believe he is better then Flanigan was. The Packers offensive line will be better this year and we will have a 1,000 yard rusher. But will they be able to protect Favre?

HarveyWallbangers
07-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Larry Moore has never been very good. Just because a guy starts doesn't mean he'll be good. Look at Klemm and Whitticker last year. If they signed this guy, I'd feel like I did when they signed O'Dwyer--not excited at all.