PDA

View Full Version : Report: Steelers to cut veteran LB Foote

packers11
04-28-2009, 11:41 AM
The Steelers are set to cut ILB Larry Foote, according to Profootballtalk.com.

The Steelers are desperate to clear salary cap space, and 2007 first-round pick Lawrence Timmons has been ready to step in for over a year now. Foote has made it known that he would like to play for his hometown Lions, and Detroit has a glaring need for a middle linebacker. Apr. 28 - 11:35 am et

Source: ProFootballTalk

A 3-4 linebacker... Maybe take him in for a look... I doubt we sign him with the acquisition of Matthews, but Foote would make a good rotational type guy... (has plenty of experience in the 3-4)

Gunakor
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Thing is, though, I don't see a rotation at ILB. I see both Barnett and Hawk as every down players at ILB, regardless of the defensive alignment.

retailguy
04-28-2009, 01:31 PM
He should be in Denver by sundown if Denver has any brains at all.

BallHawk
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM

This is the team with Kyle Orton as their potential QB, 15 free agents signed, and 8 RBs on the roster.

I'm going to say their brains are AWOL.

Lurker64
04-28-2009, 02:02 PM

After seeing their draft, I don't think Denver values the front 7 on defense at all. They were switching to the 3-4 and they had huge holes at every position on the front seven, then they draft:

A RB (though a damn good one)
A 4-3 Defensive End, too small to play 3-4 DE and probably too slow to play OLB.
A nickel corner
A dime corner
A blocking TE to back up Daniel Graham
A Free Safety
A Guard
A Slot Receiver
A Project QB
A Center

I've never seen a draft which failed to address any needs whatsoever as well as this one did.

KYPack
04-28-2009, 03:38 PM

After seeing their draft, I don't think Denver values the front 7 on defense at all. They were switching to the 3-4 and they had huge holes at every position on the front seven, then they draft:

A 4-3 Defensive End, too small to play 3-4 DE and probably too slow to play OLB.
A nickel corner
A dime corner
A Free Safety
A Guard
A Slot Receiver
A Project QB
A Center

I've never seen a draft which failed to address any needs whatsoever as well as this one did.

I know what ya mean, Lurk.

They had Josh (The Beaver) McDaniels on the radio after the draft. He sounded like a little kid who got to see the circus by sneaking in the back of the tent. This was the first time him and the kiddie GM had ever participated in an NFL draft.

& it shows.

These two goofs are in way over their heads.

DonHutson
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Foote has made it known that he would like to play for his hometown Lions

What's the phrase, the only thing worse than not getting what you wished for is getting what you wished for?

Fritz
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds like McDaniel learned his drafting skills at the knee of....Matt Millen.

As for Foote, he's a Michigan boy. He must love this place to want to play for the pussies, though.

Detroit fans are disgusted with the new GM's first draft but their disgust would be allayed if Detroit signs Foote to play the middle.

KYPack
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM

As for Foote, he's a Michigan boy. He must love this place to want to play for the pussies, though.

Detroit fans are disgusted with the new GM's first draft but their disgust would be allayed if Detroit signs Foote to play the middle.

McDaniel and Xanders are very underwhelming at this point. Foote probably will wind up in Detroit. I wonder if NE would look at him?

Foote would be better than Paris (Hilton) Lenon, wouldn't he?

pbmax
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM

A nickel corner
A dime corner
A Free Safety
A Guard
A Slot Receiver
A Project QB
A Center

Didn't they sign every available mid-range defensive free agent?

I thought I remember that McDaniels was trying to duplicate with Belichick did in New England his first year. Sign cheap vets on D and then find your way on offense.

Fritz
04-29-2009, 07:24 AM

McDaniel and Xanders are very underwhelming at this point. Foote probably will wind up in Detroit. I wonder if NE would look at him?

Foote would be better than Paris (Hilton) Lenon, wouldn't he?

So would my mom.

:rs:

Partial
04-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Is there any reason this guy can't come in for some camps given that Barnett is coming off major surgery?