PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Change -- Read Into It What You Will

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I just spent an hour or so watching Thompson, McCarthy, Capers and coaching staff conducting super press conferences. This follows our super draft.

Then I looked at our super depth chart.

Then I read super posts from our super knowledgeable rats on this board.

Then I got a feeling of super pride in being a Packer fan. Considering the disarray of some (most it seems) of the other NFL franchises, I just wanted to state that we should count ourselves lucky to be associated as fans with such a super organization.

2008 was not a super year. But the super Packer organization took the bull by the horns and fixed what was wrong.

That said, I see no reason to predict anything for this coming season but super success.

Call me a super homer. Call me a super optimist. Whatever.

If you don't aim high, you'll never succeed in a super way.

Therefore, in honor of the upcoming super Packer year which I anticipate...and in honor of my favorite super Packer of all-time who died only a few months ago in a tragic accident -- Super Bowl hero Max McGee!! -- my avatar is now super as well: Max McGee's Super Bowl Ring. (Which Super Bowl, I don't know. It doesn't matter.)

Here's hoping the Packers have a super year!

[Mind you, I wouldn't jinx the team by predicting the Packers will go the Super Bowl this year, but I must admit the thought has crossed my mind!!!]

Fritz
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Super!

Gunakor
04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
They definitely made a giant leap in the right direction. I don't think it'll happen this season - it might, as most of this roster does have NFC Championship game experience - but soon, I'm confident.

Problem is, though, the rest of our division got a whole helluva lot better too. It's time to start thinking in black and blue terms again, I think. Our division is gonna be really tough going forward.

Freak Out
04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Supercalafragilisticexpealadocious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-Z0SSyUcw

boiga
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm feeling optimistic at the moment too. I like our new guys and I like most of our old guys. Now if they play as well as our esteem for them demands, we'll have a kick ass season.

And I like it that the division is improving. For the last couple of years they have been so pathetic that you started feeling bad for them. Now we have three franchise QB's up here... and if PFT is right about their most recent Favre speculation (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/stage-set-for-favres-second-annual-unretirement/) , we could have the most interesting division in football.

Packnut
04-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm feeling optimistic at the moment too. I like our new guys and I like most of our old guys. Now if they play as well as our esteem for them demands, we'll have a kick ass season.

And I like it that the division is improving. For the last couple of years they have been so pathetic that you started feeling bad for them. Now we have three franchise QB's up here... and if PFT is right about their most recent Favre speculation (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/stage-set-for-favres-second-annual-unretirement/) , we could have the most interesting division in football.

IF I have to endure another Favre chapter, I'm gonna hang myself..........

Packnut
04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
AND before anyone offers a rope, thanks but I have my own! :lol:

Gunakor
04-28-2009, 07:21 PM
AND before anyone offers a rope, thanks but I have my own! :lol:

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/e400a2a07f_noose02212008.jpg

Packnut
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sheepshead
04-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Bravo Taxi, nicely done.

Noodle
04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Pretty sure that's the ring from SB II. The three stones were for the three consecutive world titles -- 1965 (pre-SB), 1966 (Max's hang over game), and 1967.

You'd think he might sport the SB I ring, given his heroics in that contest, but SB II was the last game he played, and the ring is pretty cool the way it commemorates the three consecutive titles.

Very cool avatar, BTW.