PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know What to Think About This.....

RIPackerFan
04-28-2009, 09:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4108844

pittstang5
04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, and I thought he wouldn't come out of retirement last year too.

OH FUDGE!!

Minnesota, here he comes!!!

Rastak
04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Could be.....at this point I'm pretty indifferent but if he wants to try and fight for the job....hell, why not?

RIPackerFan
04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I just can't figure out why the Jets would release him. There was no reason to.....they weren't on the hook for his salary unless he came back.

I am hoping it is so he can sign a day contract with the Pack and retire as a Packer - but that may be wishful thinking.

Partial
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Would not be the least bit surprised to see the rich get richer with him getting excited for the first time in years about off-season work to head up to Minne. The idea of a threat like Rice and a back like Peterson for him to take advantage of is scary. Put Harvin in the fray and you've got a dynamic offense.

KYPack
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Didn't Goodell's office say something negative about those one day contracts?

arcilite
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/16/128660498159844805.jpg

dabootski
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
jesus christ. here we go again...

falco
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
i'm going to guess that now that they got sanchez, cook and favre knew they wouldn't bring him back, and were able to secure his release.

I am praying he will come back and play for minny this year...how awesome would that be.

mission
04-28-2009, 10:11 PM
i'm going to guess that now that they got sanchez, cook and favre knew they wouldn't bring him back, and were able to secure his release.

I am praying he will come back and play for minny this year...how awesome would that be.

i actually feel REALLY good about that... if he REALLY wants to try and stick it to us by going to the Packers, I'd love to see him deal with the 3-4... he's always had issues with it.

3irty1
04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I expect to see a lot more of Ras posting now that all of this other message boards will be ruined for the next 4 weeks.

MTPackerfan
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/16/128660498159844805.jpg

Couldn't agree more. :roll:

Bossman641
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Awesome?

If he plays for Minn fuck Favre. The only thing awesome would be seeing Matthews and Kampman play "meet me at the qb"

Joemailman
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Has everyone forgotten how bad Favre looked down the stretch last year in part because he had a bad shoulder? He has thrown more passes than anyone in the history of the game, and will be 40 this year. He is likely incapable of surviving the rigors of a 16 game NFL schedule. The only people who should be hoping Favre comes back are those who like to bash him, for he will give them plenty of fodder.

Stevogbfan
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM

great post!

dabootski
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Has everyone forgotten how bad Favre looked down the stretch last year in part because he had a bad shoulder? He has thrown more passes than anyone in the history of the game, and will be 40 this year. He is likely incapable of surviving the rigors of a 16 game NFL schedule. The only people who should be hoping Favre comes back are those who like to bash him, for he will give them plenty of fodder.

i mostly agree but i will never bet against that man.

Lurker64
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
At the same time, it would be keen if he would kiss and make up with the Packers, sign a one day contract, and retire (again) in the green and gold.

mission
04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
At the same time, it would be keen if he would kiss and make up with the Packers, sign a one day contract, and retire (again) in the green and gold.

If he doesn't appreciate that possibility then Favre can eat a fat dick and deserves whatever(more) negativity that comes his way.

Seriously, let's say this happens. That really says a lot from Favre and any respect I had for him as an individual is gone (it wasn't much). As a football player, he was special (sometimes +needs, but special).

I'm just glad he ain't (and never will be) my QB.

Gunakor
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM

If he doesn't appreciate that possibility then Favre can eat a fat dick and deserves whatever(more) negativity that comes his way.

Seriously, let's say this happens. That really says a lot from Favre and any respect I had for him as an individual is gone (it wasn't much). As a football player, he was special (sometimes +needs, but special).

I don't think it matters. Green Bay will put him in their HOF anyway. The NFL HOF will induct him anyway. His number will be retired and his name added to the ring of honor anyway.

It would be a nice gesture on both sides, but I wouldn't expect anything.

bobblehead
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Someones latest shipment of HgH just came in the mail and he is feeling frisky.

mission
04-28-2009, 10:47 PM

I don't think it matters. Green Bay will put him in their HOF anyway. The NFL HOF will induct him anyway. His number will be retired and his name added to the ring of honor anyway.

It would be a nice gesture on both sides, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Of course, that's the given.

The variables he needs to fully consider would be going up to Green Bay and getting absolutely embarrassed by a team that's 100% into winning, not just "oh maybe we should show up for some games and some records" ... he will get his fucking ass kicked.

Guys say what they do to the media but you can't tell me some of those cats on D wouldn't love to rip his head off.

Shit, I'm pissed... you think it's only crazy forum posters that would love to see that ?

boiga
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
At the same time, it would be keen if he would kiss and make up with the Packers, sign a one day contract, and retire (again) in the green and gold. That would be the classy thing to do.

On the other hand, part of me would enjoy the spectacle if he played for the vikings this year. That would make it one heck of an entertaining season. Cutler (Favre's sequel), Rodgers (Favre's Replacement), Favre, and the pretty boy rookie all lighting it up would make for great football in the Black and Blue.

I'm over the entire "betrayal" aspect, so Favre can do whatever he wants. The Favre in my memory will always be the one who won us the superbowl and acted horribly in Something About Mary. I'll love him again once he inevitably comes back into the GB fold.

Besides, NFCN games would certainly get a lot more national TV spots, which would be nice for me down here in the desert.

oregonpackfan
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Brett,

For your sake and everyone else's sake, please stay on your John Deere lawnmower. Do not come back to the NFL! :shock:

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
The only people who should be hoping Favre comes back are those who like to bash him, for he will give them plenty of fodder.

I confess to experiencing a tingling sensation when I heard the news this evening. Game on!

I don't actually want to bash Favre. But I enjoy the expressions of doom-and-gloom from Favre's die-hard supporters. Only six months ago, TT was a damn fool for not accepting Favre back as a starter. Now Favre is a damn fool for wanting to play. :P

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
On the other hand, part of me would enjoy the spectacle if he played for the vikings this year.

All of me will enjoy it, even if Favre kicks some ass. It would be exciting.

I love comebacks - the more the merrier.

BallHawk
04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I truly believe that Favre is done.

I don't think we'll be seeing him suit up this season or any other season in the future.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2009, 11:09 PM
ahhhh, they said this guy was washed-up too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01239/the-wrestler_1239456c.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm crying over here with that one! Damn that's funny.

SnakeLH2006
04-29-2009, 12:59 AM
First off....Snake ain't pulling no Paco, but Snake is torn....this last offseason tore the Snake to bits, but got over it and really enjoyed seeing Brett play in NJ. He really did well for an old bastard till he hurt his arm.

The sports fan in Snake and the incredulist (loves to see incredible shit) would love to see IF and doubt it, but a BIG ASS IF, if Brett can come back and lead the Vikes to the playoffs.

It was no secret that was his FUEL to play last year...to stick it to BTT (Big Time Teddy) but now he has his chance. Why else would he care about getting his agent to cry about his release a few months ago.

Snake thinks that if Favre is even remotely healthy enough to go, he's gonna give it his last try to play for the Vikes. Childress, Bevell love him. He's talked about playing there. They did shit to upgrade the HUGEST ASS HOLE on their team QB (Tavaris...reallly????). Go for it Brett.

Snake will always love ya, and am pretty damn happy we got a young ass franchise QB (ARod) for sure now (some may argue that, but they are not the brightest posters and you know who you are)...but Snake is Packers first and foremost, but would love to see old ass Brett at 40 attempt to do some crazy shit. I ALWAYS loved Brett for overcoming odds and his INSANE competiveness (only Michael Jordan comes to mind of dudes with sheer will and intensity....never doubt them).

Snake would love this, as he feels Brett is past his prime, but could deliver a good ass weekly story in Minn. Yes, Snakes loves football, but seeing Brett play one more year and get the all time starts record would be cool, cuz (some hate his mentality...but Snake loves the fact he's got an ego) he's only 1 game away (270 games for L. Marshall, DE Vikes, and he's 1 start behind that). This would draw huge ratings/revenue for the NFL. I'm sure Goodell is calling the Kiln compound daily with support.

wpony
04-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Listen everyone knocking Farve ,What he did feels wrong with you he was out QB for how Long? sure he and TT got in a pissing contest that he lost last yr but look at what he has given us all these yrs through pain or not he was there and he was exciting what are you going to do throw away your partner when she or he starts breaking down LOL but seriously cut him a break his feelings were hurt thinking we had all turned on him

Rastak
04-29-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm crying over here with that one! Damn that's funny.

Awesome, no question. My compliments to the author.

RashanGary
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
If Favre retired (without being cut) doesn't he have to give back a portion of his signing bonus?

This is probably just to help him out, not have to pay that back to the Packers. I don't think he's coming back. He's done.

Fritz
04-29-2009, 07:13 AM
You gotta hand it to Favre: he's s showman, whether he intends to be or not.

Here's the quote I'm referring to: "Nothing has changed. At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football."

I take it that this statement was a written statement; thus, the italicized phrase drew my intention. Had Favre not included that little phrase, the statement would be clear: "I am retired."

But no - it's got that tiny little modifier preceding it.

Thus, I predict - based on that tiny little phrase - that Favre may be ever-so-slightly unsure of his own intentions.

Or maybe he's just acknowledging the uncertainty of the future - none of us can ever really know what will be. Perhaps, then, this phrase is Favre's existentialist tip-o'-the-cap.

Gee, I wonder which one it is?

sheepshead
04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
I think Favre under center with the Vikings makes them the best team in the NFC. If Favres arm has healed, this might be too much temptation for him. Look out kids. I think we're in for a ride.

run pMc
04-29-2009, 08:25 AM
I think Favre is done.
I hope I'm right.

Great player, but he's well past his prime. If MIN wants to sign him, it's a big risk. He didn't hold up last season, and something tells me he's not staying in football shape. He elected not to have surgery, so that tells me he's probably done. Maybe somebody calls him off the couch a la Testaverde, but I don't think it will be MIN.

Also, for as much gusto as Favre might have to come back to Lambeau in a different uni and stick it to TT, don't you think M3 & crew would be just as fired up to bury him into the frozen tundra?

falco
04-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Also, for as much gusto as Favre might have to come back to Lambeau in a different uni and stick it to TT, don't you think M3 & crew would be just as fired up to bury him into the frozen tundra?

either way, it will make for some great entertainment.

mraynrand
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/pd_yawning_070730_ms.jpg

mraynrand
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/vikingfavre2.jpg

Lurker64
04-29-2009, 02:07 PM
So How much do we trust Bus Cook? (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4111605).

If the story is to be believed, there's little cause for alarm.

mission
04-29-2009, 02:12 PM
So How much do we trust Bus Cook? (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4111605).

If the story is to be believed, there's little cause for alarm.

Cook said he originally asked the Jets to release Favre after the season as just "the order of business. Brett wants to retire as a Packer and that's just part of it."

If that's true, then great. I take it all back. :lol: [/i]

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Listen everyone knocking Favre ,What he did feels wrong with you he was out QB for how Long? sure he and TT got in a pissing contest that he lost last yr but look at what he has given us all these yrs through pain or not he was there and he was exciting what are you going to do throw away your partner when she or he starts breaking down LOL but seriously cut him a break his feelings were hurt thinking we had all turned on himSpare me the tired "Cut him some slack. His feelings were hurt" carp. HE RETIRED. THe Packers had no obligation to take him back. NO OBLIGATION!. His feelings were hurt? That his damn problem, not TT's, not the Green Bay Packers or anyone else. End of story.

Zool
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I love it when people end a strongly worded post with end of story, or enough said. Cause clearly thats the end of it.....

SkinBasket
04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I love it when people end a strongly worded post with end of story, or enough said. Cause clearly thats the end of it.....

Game. Set. Match.

I feel gayer for having typed that.

KYPack
04-29-2009, 03:34 PM
This from Bus Cook this PM...

Bus Cook, Brett Favre's agent, told ESPN.com this afternoon the quarterback has no plans to unretire again.

"He's retired, he doesn't have any desire to come back, and that's the way it is with Brett," said Cook. "He's mowing his grass. He's working on his farm. He enjoys that stuff."

Cook said asking for Favre's release from the Jets was a procedural move:

"Brett wants to retire as a Packer and that's just part of it."

I know, I know. SOS to the 10th degree.

retailguy
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM

QFT. Enough said. :P :wink: