PDA

View Full Version : LORD FAVRE comeback part deux...!!!

MOBB DEEP
04-29-2009, 06:02 AM
the jets released him yesterday so he's free to go to another team w/o ny havn to give up any more picks....

perhaps we will see him chucking the pill down the sideline to the speedster percy harvin....??!!

take them wranglers off and LET'S GOOOO...

lol - as i type this his jeans commercial comes on - lmbo...

RashanGary
04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Home. He's done.

MOBB DEEP
04-29-2009, 08:28 AM
im not so sure; i agree with mike greenberg that its a 40-60 chance he returns...

HE MADE PRO-BOWL A MERE 3 MONTHS AGO PEOPLE...

understand that HE (Lord) is the one, through bus cook, who initiated his being released yesterday

and its no secret he wanted to get with b childress last season (cell phone gate - lol)

imagine him being paired with the best RB in nfl, that great D, and speedy WRs...hmmmm.....

rosenfels? phooey...

mraynrand
04-29-2009, 08:34 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/pd_yawning_070730_ms.jpg

ND72
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM

Now here's a shock...one of the most popular players of all time being voted by fans into the pro bowl. He must have been amazing last year...

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
For the first time in his career he saw his play suffer because he broke down physically. The Jets came apart at the seams the last five games and Favre was part of that. He was terrible, his receivers were terrible, and the defense was terrible.

Favre said he would play as long as his body let him, last 5 games of last year he thought he could play through his right arm injury and willed himself out on that field and he fell apart.

He is done and if he comes back he is a fool regardless of team.

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Which was a farce. There is no need to start up this shit again either, Mr. One-trick Pony.

EDIT: Also you need to learn reading comprehension. Favre did not orchastrate this release. He tried to get released back in January and was denied. The Jets did it this time on their own. .

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I love this comment.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43977697.html

Purpleman

I have been telling you all that Favre to the Vikings would happen for a year now, and nobody wanted to believe it. Poison pill, poision pill, you all screamed. Well, as you now see, that is not a factor anymore, as I predicted.

Seriously, did you really think Ziggy Wilf's answer at QB on a defending division champion team and Super Bowl contender was Sage Rosenfels. This was the plan all along, ever since Brett was calling Childress a year ago begging to play for the Vikings. Brett wants to play for the Purple so bad he can barely contain himself, and he wants to destroy the Packers. Why? We probably haven't heard about all of the bad blood between Brett and the team, but if you're willing to call the Lions to help them prepare for the Pack . . .

The addition of Percy Harvin, to go with Adrian Peterson, Bernard Berrian, Chester Taylor, etc., etc., only makes him more smitten.

Get ready 6-10 Packer fans. The hero of your franchise is about to suit up for your division champion rival.

So when's the jersey retirement scheduled for again?

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I love this comment.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43977697.html

Purpleman

I have been telling you all that Favre to the Vikings would happen for a year now, and nobody wanted to believe it. Poison pill, poision pill, you all screamed. Well, as you now see, that is not a factor anymore, as I predicted.

Seriously, did you really think Ziggy Wilf's answer at QB on a defending division champion team and Super Bowl contender was Sage Rosenfels. This was the plan all along, ever since Brett was calling Childress a year ago begging to play for the Vikings. Brett wants to play for the Purple so bad he can barely contain himself, and he wants to destroy the Packers. Why? We probably haven't heard about all of the bad blood between Brett and the team, but if you're willing to call the Lions to help them prepare for the Pack . . .

The addition of Percy Harvin, to go with Adrian Peterson, Bernard Berrian, Chester Taylor, etc., etc., only makes him more smitten.

Get ready 6-10 Packer fans. The hero of your franchise is about to suit up for your division champion rival.

So when's the jersey retirement scheduled for again?That is funny.

About the article, Bedard is so desperate to stir up crap with all the Minnesota speculation. ME thinks Bedard wants Favre(as the rest of the idiot writers at MJS) to go to Minny becuase they would love to see Favre make TT look bad. It would justify their anti-TT stance and they could say "See, WE were right!".

oregonpackfan
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
For the first time in his career he saw his play suffer because he broke down physically. The Jets came apart at the seams the last five games and Favre was part of that. He was terrible, his receivers were terrible, and the defense was terrible.

Favre said he would play as long as his body let him, last 5 games of last year he thought he could play through his right arm injury and willed himself out on that field and he fell apart.

Rarely do I agree with Nutz but I think his post tells it like it is!

Fritz
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I would be prone to passing this off as JSO fluff - ya gotta get people to read your stuff or you can't make any money - except for one, small phrase in Favre's statement: At this time

Before you release a prepared statement, you go over and over it to make sure it says what you want it to say. By adding the above phrase, the Favre camp is acknowledging that Favre's status could change.

They left the door open the way Joey Hornbiter used to leave his barn door open in first grade - wide, wide open.

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Which was a farce. There is no need to start up this shit again either, Mr. One-trick Pony.

EDIT: Also you need to learn reading comprehension. Favre did not orchastrate this release. He tried to get released back in January and was denied. The Jets did it this time on their own. .

I don't think it was a farce. He made the Pro Bowl based on the team's 8-3 record after beating the Patriots. They went 1-4 after that.

I blame the Madden curse for Favre's injury and Green Bay's 6-10 record. Heh.

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 11:18 AM

I don't think it was a farce. He made the Pro Bowl based on the team's 8-3 record after beating the Patriots. They went 1-4 after that.

I blame the Madden curse for Favre's injury and Green Bay's 6-10 record. Heh.Even based on the 8-3 record it was a farce. Phillip Rivers even at that point was more deserving.

sheepshead
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Interesting Tidbit

Report: Favre Asked To Be Released Twice
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 12:18 p.m. EDT

Though retired (for now) quarterback Brett Favre claims that his recent release by the Jets doesn’t mean that he’ll be playing football again in 2009, the facts paint a different picture.

As we pointed out last night, the act of releasing Favre’s rights has no meaning, unless Favre plans to bury the hatchet with Packers G.M. Ted Thompson as part of a ceremonial one-day retirement contract. (Then again, the only hatchet-burying Favre would ever be doing with Thompson would involve the burial of a hatchet by Favre in Thompson’s silver-haired head.)

So what gives? Per Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger, Favre asked to be released twice — most recently after the Jets landed Mark Sanchez in the 2009 draft.

As Hutchinson tells the story, citing an unnamed source, Favre believed that with Sanchez on the roster it would be easier to force his way out.

And the Jets wisely opted against the same kind of drama the Packers endured last year, especially with their quarterback of the future on the roster.

Thus, even if Favre could prevail in a showdown with Mike Shanahan’s lie detector test regarding the quarterback’s current intention not to return to pro football, Favre and agent Bus Cook at a minimum seized upon the local eupohria resulting from the arrival of Sanchez in order to put the pieces in place for a Second Annual Brett Favre Unretirement, if/when Favre gets an itch that only playing football on Sundays in the fall can scratch.

vince
04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Last year, before the talk of "the itch" came about, I thought Brett was retired for good. Obviously, I was wrong. I always felt, and still feel, that he made a mistake in returning - and made many more mistakes throughout the process of returning.

While I still think Brett should stay retired, I'm not going to predict, because I'd probably let what I think he SHOULD do get in the way of what I think he WILL do. But I will say this. In my opinion, he would do yet another serious injustice to his legacy by returning yet again after retiring yet again. Perhaps he doesn't care, but he should. The itch will never go away. The time just comes for everyone to quit scratching it.

I didn't confirm this, but one fo the talking heads on the radio who would have the information, said that the Jets had the lowest average gain per reception of any team in history last year. In my opinion, Brett Favre just isn't very good anymore, and certainly not consistently good. After another offseason, if his body hasn't gone all the way over the cliff yet - it's about to. It happens to everyone who has ever played the game.

packers11
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
75% chance he returns in my opinion... The facts are there just like last season, he wants to stick it to T.T...

Good thing we switched to 3-4, because some of Favre's worst games (as of late) have come against the 3-4 defense...

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
If Brett wants to go to Minnesota, let him. The Packers have no reason to fear him anymore and even if the Vikings were to win, Brett wouldn't be gaining anything becuase what would he be "sticking to TT"? Rodgers has already shown that the Packers offense runs just fine without Favre. ALso, Brett Favre still has the biceps tendon injury to deal with. He will need surgery unless he wants to be a detriment. Also, Wilf had to see the last 4 weeks of last season and come to the realization that a 40 year old broken down QB won't to his team any good. FWIW, Wilf is on record from Febuary saying he isn't interested in Favre even if he were available.

retailguy
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

I've missed these kinds of comments. Good to hear them again.

Well said. Spot on.

bobblehead
04-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Mobb is to Favre Love as Willy Taveras is to ___________

Either way, they are both one trick ponies.

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Mobb is to Favre Love as Willy Taveras is to ___________

Either way, they are both one trick ponies.You think Mobb is something, go over to Sportsbubbler and see Tank. He is having a field day with this.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Either way, they are both one trick ponies.

Indeed.

This situation is totally different than last year. Last year, we didn't know how good Aaron would be. Last year, it appeared Brett could lead a team deep into the playoffs. Now, Aaron looks like a future star and Brett looks a bit washed up.

mission
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Now, Aaron looks like a future star and Brett looks a bit washed up.

Man, some of us had this figured out long before now.

8-) :P

KYPack
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM

Hey, I agree with Nutz when he's right. when he's wrong, the sumbitch is on his own.

I think BF would play like crazy for about 8-9 games, then he's gonna crumble. He did no off-season work (how he wants to do it now) and played at a high level for 11 games. This year, the fall will come earlier, cause once again, he hasn't put the work in.

Joemailman
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Bus Cook said Favre wants to retire as a Packer and the release is a procedural move. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/44007632.html

Perhaps Favre has decided it's time to mend fences with the organization that he help revive and that helped make him a legend.

sheepshead
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Bus Cook said Favre wants to retire as a Packer and the release is a procedural move. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/44007632.html

Perhaps Favre has decided it's time to mend fences with the organization that he help revive and that helped make him a legend.

Wouldnt the Packers be making this announcement if it was in the least bit true?

Joemailman
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't say it was going to happen this afternoon. However, if Favre wants to retire as a Packer, obviously he needs to be released by the Jets first.

cpk1994
04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
I didn't say it was going to happen this afternoon. However, if Favre wants to retire as a Packer, obviously he needs to be released by the Jets first.Well have I got news for you..... :P

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM

Then why didn't Favre simply say he intended to retire as a Packer this year?

Why has Favre's agent been in an extended negotiation with the Jets to get his unconditional release? I heard today that the JEts already denied his release request once earlier this month. Apparently Favre did not ask for his release simply to sign with G.B. to re-retire, that would be automatic courtesy.

Why would this release be done in April, just in time to negotiate with a new team?

Buzz Cook's quote is PR to cover the possibility that Favre does decide to stay retired, without precluding other options. All signs point to Favre playing in Minnesota.

Joemailman
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Maybe the Jets didn't release Favre earlier because they were hoping to trade him for draft picks. That might explain why they didn't release him until after the draft.

Rastak
04-29-2009, 10:20 PM

Why has Favre's agent been in an extended negotiation with the Jets to get his unconditional release? I heard today that the JEts already denied his release request once earlier this month. Apparently Favre did not ask for his release simply to sign with G.B. to re-retire, that would be automatic courtesy.

Why would this release be done in April, just in time to negotiate with a new team?

Buzz Cook's quote is PR to cover the possibility that Favre does decide to stay retired, without precluding other options. All signs point to Favre playing in Minnesota.

Nah....then again.......

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Plane Flies From Minneapolis To Hattiesburg, And Back Again
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 10:59 p.m.

It probably means nothing.

But, let’s face it, Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport is hardly a major hub of transportation.

Only five flights arrived there today, and only six departed.

One of the arrivals came from Minneapolis, and one of the departures headed back there.

The plane from Minneapolis arrived at 9:11 a.m. local time, and left at 4:14 p.m. local time.

It probably has nothing to do with one of the more famous residents of Hattiesburg. After all, he’s retired from playing football, and he has no intention of coming back.

Favre said so himself. “It’s all rumor. [There’s] no reason for it.”

Oh, wait. That was last year, when Favre shot down in early July talk that he wanted to come back.

Since he was telling the truth then, he’s surely telling the truth now.

falco
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Since Favre is now a "free agent," such a visit could not be considered tampering.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe the Jets didn't release Favre earlier because they were hoping to trade him for draft picks. That might explain why they didn't release him until after the draft.

they would only attempt to trade Favre if he signaled that he wanted to play again. Which would sink the retire-a-packer theory.

the only theory that fits now is that he is undecided, and Jets released him because they want no part of a potential saga.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2009, 10:30 PM

:lol: game on!

SMACKTALKIE
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM

F***ing Florio!! He has nothing to do now that the draft is over.

I think he has a deal with Favre and Bus Cook to keep this s**t up so he has something to report......... hourly......... for the next 4 months.

GrnBay007
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Posters game better get tickets FAST. Once the announcement is made ticket prices will go way up! :twisted:

dtown
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I think there's a decent chance that Favre returns to football this year, but not for the vikings.

First, I genuinely believe that the Viking's owner wants to move the team to LA (I wanna put together a team that will help us relocate to ...) and has more interest in putting together a young/promising/exciting roster than assembling a superbowl contender. They've already passed on much better upgrades than Favre to the qb position this offseason in favor of Sage Rosenthals, and a move to LA would substantially increase the value of the franchise..

In terms of Favre, I see this move as one of two possibilities - first to either rekindle the goodwill with Green Bay and get that $20m employment package that was previously offered, and the other to have the option of catching on with a contending team that suffered a season-ending qb injury (ala Brady or Manning).

The later makes more sense to me from Favre's perspective. He's probably not ready to play right now, so this move would give him more time to prepare. He might no longer see himself as a full-year option, but probably believes he could play at a top level for half a season. Finally, Brett probably wants to make one more championship run, and seeing how the season progresses would give him more control over this issue. I could even see Brett returning to GB if they were contending and Rodgers got hurt.

Of course, I'm probably wrong on all of this and Brett will sign with the Vikings tomorrow.

SMACKTALKIE
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
I think there's a decent chance that Favre returns to football this year, but not for the vikings.

First, I genuinely believe that the Viking's owner wants to move the team to LA (I wanna put together a team that will help us relocate to ...) and has more interest in putting together a young/promising/exciting roster than assembling a superbowl contender. They've already passed on much better upgrades than Favre to the qb position this offseason in favor of Sage Rosenthals, and a move to LA would substantially increase the value of the franchise..

In terms of Favre, I see this move as one of two possibilities - first to either rekindle the goodwill with Green Bay and get that $20m employment package that was previously offered, and the other to have the option of catching on with a contending team that suffered a season-ending qb injury (ala Brady or Manning).

The later makes more sense to me from Favre's perspective. He's probably not ready to play right now, so this move would give him more time to prepare. He might no longer see himself as a full-year option, but probably believes he could play at a top level for half a season. Finally, Brett probably wants to make one more championship run, and seeing how the season progresses would give him more control over this issue. I could even see Brett returning to GB if they were contending and Rodgers got hurt.

Of course, I'm probably wrong on all of this and Brett will sign with the Vikings tomorrow.

This, you are wrong about.

dtown
04-29-2009, 11:25 PM

This, you are wrong about.

I certainly hope so - I think everyone would agree that it would suck to lose a close rival like that.

mraynrand
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM

I should have known that it would take a Favre 'controversy' to bring you out of the witness protection program.

In related news, schoolchildren made their way to school via buses today.

Freak Out
04-29-2009, 11:45 PM

Certainly wouldn't be the first team that moved from Minnesota to LA.

Guiness
04-30-2009, 01:23 AM
this whole thread is like when my 4yr old plays 'opposite day'. I'm retiring...that actually means I'm going to play!

SnakeLH2006
04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Snake is a Favre fan regardless, but me thinks that Brettie just can't give the game up. His dose of humility came with his injury late in the year when the team collapsed, yet the "Unitas Factor" is there and Snake and several hardcore Packer buddies have agreed on this for years: Favre won't be done till they drag his ass off the playing field.

His dad was a football general, it's all he knows. Hard to blame the guy. Looked genuinely pissed, but knew he had to leave GB, as it was time, and don't think his hatred for TT is the driving factor this time. I think he just wants a fleeting look at going for it (getting a SB win) one last time. Hard to blame him, as he's prob. the biggest competitor this side of Michael Jordan that SPORTS has EVER seen. Those guys don't hang it up till they have to.

BTW, CPK, quit hating and making snarky comments, (as Snake has given you a HUGE pass the last year) but there you go and rear your ugly hating head again on EVERY Favre topic just like a year ago. Snake can respect someone not liking Favre/how it transpired (as most all Rats get their point across succinctly and with passion, which is fine...opinions are great), but you fucking posted the same cocky, ill-construed ass BS every other post in here. WTF did Favre do to you? He doesn't even play for us anymore and we are gold at QB with ARod. Yet you still get off just preaching hate and getting your sorry ass giggles. Go play your Wii or something. Alas, you prob. saw Brett at a function in GB and asked to suck his dick, and he said sorry..No love for homos and you got pissed (Not that Snake cares or discriminates on your orientation, but your logic/bias sucks on this topic and the way you get giddy and word your posts).

Sorry all you other Rats, as Snake hasn't vented on a poster in some time, but damn that shit drives me nuts. And oh yeah...Jesus hates haters. :evil:

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Certainly wouldn't be the first team that moved from Minnesota to LA.

L.A. 'Lakers'? Utah Jazz? Hopefully they will have the sense to change their name

Fritz
04-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Good point. Pisses me off when an owner moves a team but keeps the name.

Yeah, lots and lots of lakes in L.A. And Utah - birthplace of Jazz - those crazy Mormons!

At least when Modell moved the Browns he left the name, and when Houston moved to Tennessee the team had the good sense to change the name (although didn't they play one season as the Tennessee Oilers? I don't recall).

I think Favre would diminish his reputation by coming back - again. Unless he manages a SB appearance with the Queens, and even then, if he throws a bunch of picks, it won't be good. As Patler has noted, Favre is perilously close to becoming the guy he always said he didn't want to be - the one that is no longer wanted by his team.

I was young but I do remember Johnny U sitting on the bench in San Diego. It was a sad, sad sight.

KYPack
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM

Yeah, lots and lots of lakes in L.A. And Utah - birthplace of Jazz - those crazy Mormons!

At least when Modell moved the Browns he left the name, and when Houston moved to Tennessee the team had the good sense to change the name (although didn't they play one season as the Tennessee Oilers? I don't recall).

I think Favre would diminish his reputation by coming back - again. Unless he manages a SB appearance with the Queens, and even then, if he throws a bunch of picks, it won't be good. As Patler has noted, Favre is perilously close to becoming the guy he always said he didn't want to be - the one that is no longer wanted by his team.

I was young but I do remember Johnny U sitting on the bench in San Diego. It was a sad, sad sight.

Couple years. 97 and 98 the Tennessee Oilers ruled. They played in Memphis one year. Went to see 'em. Paid $20 for two good seats and still dropped $1200 bucks. That's a strange town, Memphis.
[/img]

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Snake is a Favre fan regardless, but me thinks that Brettie just can't give the game up. His dose of humility came with his injury late in the year when the team collapsed, yet the "Unitas Factor" is there and Snake and several hardcore Packer buddies have agreed on this for years: Favre won't be done till they drag his ass off the playing field.

His dad was a football general, it's all he knows. Hard to blame the guy. Looked genuinely pissed, but knew he had to leave GB, as it was time, and don't think his hatred for TT is the driving factor this time. I think he just wants a fleeting look at going for it (getting a SB win) one last time. Hard to blame him, as he's prob. the biggest competitor this side of Michael Jordan that SPORTS has EVER seen. Those guys don't hang it up till they have to.

BTW, CPK, quit hating and making snarky comments, (as Snake has given you a HUGE pass the last year) but there you go and rear your ugly hating head again on EVERY Favre topic just like a year ago. Snake can respect someone not liking Favre/how it transpired (as most all Rats get their point across succinctly and with passion, which is fine...opinions are great), but you fucking posted the same cocky, ill-construed ass BS every other post in here. WTF did Favre do to you? He doesn't even play for us anymore and we are gold at QB with ARod. Yet you still get off just preaching hate and getting your sorry ass giggles. Go play your Wii or something. Alas, you prob. saw Brett at a function in GB and asked to suck his dick, and he said sorry..No love for homos and you got pissed (Not that Snake cares or discriminates on your orientation, but your logic/bias sucks on this topic and the way you get giddy and word your posts).

Sorry all you other Rats, as Snake hasn't vented on a poster in some time, but damn that shit drives me nuts. And oh yeah...Jesus hates haters. :evil:Now normally I ignore pathetiic 4 year old assclowns lime like you but in this case I'll make an exception. Here is what in posted this thread:

If Brett wants to go to Minnesota, let him. The Packers have no reason to fear him anymore and even if the Vikings were to win, Brett wouldn't be gaining anything becuase what would he be "sticking to TT"? Rodgers has already shown that the Packers offense runs just fine without Favre. Also, Brett Favre still has the biceps tendon injury to deal with. He will need surgery unless he wants to be a detriment. Also, Wilf had to see the last 4 weeks of last season and come to the realization that a 40 year old broken down QB won't to his team any good. FWIW, Wilf is on record from Febuary saying he isn't interested in Favre even if he were available.

Read the first sentence, asshat! Can your pea sized brain comprehend it? I even bolded it for you. What part of that is hate?

Have fun eating your foot. Moron.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2009, 10:32 AM
this whole thread is like when my 4yr old plays 'opposite day'. I'm retiring...that actually means I'm going to play!

It is necessary for Favre to say he is staying retired because his actions indicate he is coming back. The only credible explanation for Favre to press for his release in April is so he can make a comeback. I imagine he is undecided, but to guess which direction he is leaning you have to choose between his words and actions.

Fritz
04-30-2009, 11:23 AM

Couple years. 97 and 98 the Tennessee Oilers ruled. They played in Memphis one year. Went to see 'em. Paid $20 for two good seats and still dropped $1200 bucks. That's a strange town, Memphis.
[/img]

Do tell, Ky, do tell. $1180 spent? Hmmm....the tacos expensive there? Or did you go to Dolly World? How did you manage to spend so much so fast?

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM

[/img]

Do tell, Ky, do tell. $1180 spent? Hmmm....the tacos expensive there? Or did you go to Dolly World? How did you manage to spend so much so fast?My guess would be a hooker. :wink:

Fritz
04-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Can't say I know KY well enough to know whether he's of that ilk.

But if he blew over $1100 on hookers, I sure hope he got his money's worth. For that kind of cash they better pretend pretty darn good.

mission
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM

But if he blew over $1100 on hookers, I sure hope he got his money's worth. For that kind of cash they better pretend pretty darn good.

I'm pretty sure there are a few extremely fun ways to blow a lot of cash in Memphis... not so much as, say, Las Vegas, but yeah... I'm interested as well, KY.

SnakeLH2006
04-30-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm pretty sure there are a few extremely fun ways to blow a lot of cash in Memphis... not so much as, say, Las Vegas, but yeah... I'm interested as well, KY.

I dunno...Snake just blew $1400 in Las Vegas a few weeks ago (as I go every year) but not on hookers THIS time. :oops:

BTW, CPK, on Judgment Day, when Jesus swoops down, Snake may not be on his Fab 5 or right hand side, but I'll be there laughing drinking Margaritas and watching ARod's and Brett's hilights on the NFL Network by the pool, when he's looking at his list and goes, "CPK, CPK, ummmmm.....You can pass....Oh crap, wait. Weren't you the PR troll who contributed nothing but snarky remarks, putdowns, and unjustified I-Told-You-So's all the time?....Who called everyone else names and a troll, while being a troll, too...ironic and funny I guess, but Jesus is one funny guy... and constantly preached hate on the greatest player in Packer history and anyone who supported him? Well, I could respect that, but your logic, immaturity, and intelligence suck way too much ass. I hate to do this to a 12 year old, but you are bunk. And one more thing, I always loved Snake's 3rd person shit, as that guy made me laugh and that was the deciding factor....He's right, Jesus DOES hate haters. Off to Hade's punk!" BWWHAHAHAHHAHAAA.....Snake will relish that day, as the milk and honey will flow. BTW, Snake and Mission will be burning one with Raji asking him to retell his 4 sack MVP performance in Super Bowl 50. :lol: 8-)

sheepshead
05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Is Favre seeing purple?
Pioneer Press
Updated: 04/30/2009 11:46:59 PM CDT

There is little doubt that if the Vikings could sign quarterback Brett Favre, they would sell out their remaining season tickets within 48 hours. For that and other reasons, it will be surprising if Favre isn't with the Vikings in training camp.

Back in February, Favre asked for his release from the New York Jets. The Jets said no. So Favre, now 39, said he would retire. End of issue.

But after last weekend's NFL draft, after the Jets chose QB Mark Sanchez from Southern California, Favre asked again for his release. His request was granted.

And that has become the juicy question. Why did Favre now want to get released from the Jets?

There could be two motives: wanting to play for the Vikings, who have wanted him for a year, and a $20 million pot of gold.

The $20 million isn't a new playing contract. The Vikings probably could sign Favre for about $7 million for the coming season, with about $3 million more available in performance bonuses, such as winning the Super Bowl.

The $20 million, remember, is what the Packers, for whom Favre played 16 seasons, offered Favre nearly a year ago to retire from Green Bay. The 10-year marketing deal would have made Favre an ambassador for the franchise.

Now that the future hall of famer has been released by the Jets, Favre could have new leverage: Give me the $20 million and I'll stay retired. If not, I'll sign with the Vikings and make life miserable for the Packers.

Besides Minnesota, the only
Advertisement
Quantcast
other possibility for Favre as a player this season, assuming his injured right arm is sound, would seem to be Washington. But his chances to win would seem better with the Vikings in that the Redskins are in a tougher division (NFC East) with the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. Washington, though, probably would pay more than Minnesota for him. Favre still has a stronger arm than new Vikings QB Sage Rosenfels, whose arm is fine at intermediate lengths.

KYPack
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM

You might not believe this part, but no hooks, no strip joints, even.

I hit that town like a guided missle and went pretty crazy.

I flew down and met a buddy who played LB for the LB Memphis Grizzlies (AKA Southmen) of the WFL. He lived in Cincy, but he was on the road so we got rooms at nice hotel. Friday we went dove hunting and I spent a bunch of money on ammunition and renting an expensive shotgun. As usual, I was about the worst shot in the group. I brought a slew of BBQed cornish hens from the Cozy Corner and we fed everybody at the bird shooting joint. Then we hit Beale street and some other joints in Memphis. My pal was on the USA Rugby team at that time, so we ran into a bunch of crazy ruggers and went stark raving nuts all over town.

Saturday, I had been talking to a guy I met who was best man at Elvis's wedding. He came by the hotel & I bought a (for real) autographed picture of Elvis from the guy's personal collection for $300. It was a shrewd investment for me, it's probably worth about $200, now.

Saturday we went out with ruggers and some of jake's teammates and stayed out until no-O'clock in the morning. We hit R&B and Country joints these guys knew about and had more fun than you are supposed to have.

We were supposed to get free tickets to the ball game, but had to buy a pair. The tix were the cheapest thing I got, $20 - 30 for a pair on the 40.

There was a lot of drinkage during the game and then I flew home Sunday nite.

Now that you guys made me think about it, I mighta dropped more than $1200, I really don't know for sure. I didn't do that weekend fer less, I'll tell ya that much.

If I would have had to pay for everything I did, I would have had to take out a small business loan.

I really outta write my memoirs and read 'em to myself. I actually am lucky to be alive.

mraynrand
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Put up a thread in the RR. "The KY Chronicles" The Packer Rats are lined up in anticipation
:drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma: :drma:

DannoMac21
05-01-2009, 11:54 AM

I dunno...Snake just blew $1400 in Las Vegas a few weeks ago (as I go every year) but not on hookers THIS time. :oops:

BTW, CPK, on Judgment Day, when Jesus swoops down, Snake may not be on his Fab 5 or right hand side, but I'll be there laughing drinking Margaritas and watching ARod's and Brett's hilights on the NFL Network by the pool, when he's looking at his list and goes, "CPK, CPK, ummmmm.....You can pass....Oh crap, wait. Weren't you the PR troll who contributed nothing but snarky remarks, putdowns, and unjustified I-Told-You-So's all the time?....Who called everyone else names and a troll, while being a troll, too...ironic and funny I guess, but Jesus is one funny guy... and constantly preached hate on the greatest player in Packer history and anyone who supported him? Well, I could respect that, but your logic, immaturity, and intelligence suck way too much ass. I hate to do this to a 12 year old, but you are bunk. And one more thing, I always loved Snake's 3rd person shit, as that guy made me laugh and that was the deciding factor....He's right, Jesus DOES hate haters. Off to Hade's punk!" BWWHAHAHAHHAHAAA.....Snake will relish that day, as the milk and honey will flow. BTW, Snake and Mission will be burning one with Raji asking him to retell his 4 sack MVP performance in Super Bowl 50. :lol: 8-)

LMAO

lod01
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
My opinion is that Favre is going to do all he can to put the passing records out of Mannings or anyone else's reach....and of course, stick it to Thompson. Before you say that 'Favre says the records aren't a reason' think again. What's he gonna say?

Go Favre!! Owned him in FF for 17 years but had to let him go this offseason.

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Home. He's done.

Is this not obvious?

Pugger
05-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Until BF goes under the knife and has his arm surgically repaired I don't see him playing anywhere in 2009.

arcilite
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Home. He's done.

Is this not obvious?

Where you been tpb? I was getting nervous my conservative friend had left us.

Fosco33
05-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd take Favre in the first half the season over Sage. While durable (starts) his performance wanes the last month or so of the season.

But Minny has a favorable late season schedule (only cold weather games are late Oct vs. Pitt, early Nov vs. GB and late Dec against Chicago). They also have a month long stretch (bye plus 3 straight home games) in November... scary stuff.

Almost worth buying home tix vs. MN tickets now (and selling them either way)... would be one of the most watched sporting events in Midwestern US history.

Fritz
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
"Now that the future hall of famer has been released by the Jets, Favre could have new leverage: Give me the $20 million and I'll stay retired. If not, I'll sign with the Vikings and make life miserable for the Packers."

I would hope that Favre would not do such a thing. It seems unlikely - he's possibly still hurt, but that would be a low thing to do. In the unlikely circumstance that this actually occurred, I would hope Murph would pull the offer right off the table, smile at Favre, and say "See ya in the Metrodome, Purple Boy."

cheesner
05-01-2009, 06:47 PM
"Now that the future hall of famer has been released by the Jets, Favre could have new leverage: Give me the $20 million and I'll stay retired. If not, I'll sign with the Vikings and make life miserable for the Packers."

I would hope that Favre would not do such a thing. It seems unlikely - he's possibly still hurt, but that would be a low thing to do. In the unlikely circumstance that this actually occurred, I would hope Murph would pull the offer right off the table, smile at Favre, and say "See ya in the Metrodome, Purple Boy."

After the whole fiasco of the last un-retirement, TT stated that the marketing deal would be available when Favre was retired again. This is to the best of my memory, but I can't find the statement. The thought of reading through a bunch of Favre articles from last year just doesn't appeal to me.

I doubt there is any need for Brett to do anything like this to get the deal.

Now, about Brett hiring a personal trainer . . .

Fritz
05-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Personal trainer? ARe you starting rumors, Cheesner??

cheesner
05-01-2009, 06:53 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/01/favre-hires-personal-trainer/

no, i didn't start it. Not that I believe it either. If its true, I would say its pretty suspicious

Bretsky
05-01-2009, 06:56 PM
it was all over ESPN talk radio today

Joemailman
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
he just wants to look good for the jersey retirement ceremony.

woodbuck27
05-01-2009, 07:51 PM

'' All signs point to Favre playing in Minnesota.'' HH

It certainly appears that's a strong possibility Harlan. This move to the Vikings plainly fits the big picture and leading the way the fact that Favre loves to compete. The Vikings may well go for Favre. We'll get to witness what was evidently in the works last season. Brett Favre will be playing QB on a superior team to the the Jets in 2008. I was impressed with Thomas Jones at RB as the season progressed but that team was a one trick pony as it became evident that HC Eric Mangini tightened up.

An outstanding RB and fine up and developing WR's in Minny will draw Favre back to the game he loves.

There's no loyality in PRO sports and Favre will be the first to attest to that. Certainly he may make a move to 'the Vikings' given the way he was taken down by whomever TT answered to. That move to bench Favre for Aaron Rodgers wasn't in TT. It came from above TT IMO. TT is to shy for such a bold step. The Paker brass knew just how to turn Favre away as a measure to move on without another Packer vet.

The bottom line. Is he able to get ready? I say yes. Favre is too experienced and 'YES' aging (yet capable :D ) for a long schedule of pre-season preperation, and then the long season itself. I watched his last game and he was terrible and suddenly brialliant. Up and down but that season was over. Favre was playing 'in shock'. Clearly the Lions share of the blame went on The Jets HC Eric Mangini not on Brett Favre.

One more kick at the can? I say yes. How will he do? How can we speculate on that considering Favre is the consummate pro and should receive support overall from his fans.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27 - 50 YEARS A PACKER FAN. :D

The Shadow
05-01-2009, 07:54 PM
As long as he's not in Green Bay, I could give a rat's behind where he plays.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I think he should wear number 2 for the Vikings. He's not half the QB he used to be.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
That move to bench Favre for Aaron Rodgers wasn't in TT. It came from above TT IMO. TT is to shy for such a bold step.

:bs:

The Shadow
05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
That move to bench Favre for Aaron Rodgers wasn't in TT. It came from above TT IMO. TT is to shy for such a bold step.

God?

Scott Campbell
05-01-2009, 08:06 PM

God?

Maybe it was the ghost of Vince.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Clearly the Lions share of the blame went on The Jets HC Eric Mangini not on Brett Favre.

You can't pin those 22 interceptions on any coach. Mangini, McCarthy, Sherman - Favre was an equal opportunity choker down the stretch during the twilight of his career. That Jet impostor pretending to be Brett Favre played like a guy who was 39 years old.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2009, 09:18 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/01/favre-hires-personal-trainer/

New details from ESPN.com. He's helped millions, Favre is going for the very best.

http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/richard_simmons.jpg

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
There's no loyality in PRO sports and Favre will be the first to attest to that. Certainly he may make a move to 'the Vikings' given the way he was taken down by whomever TT answered to. That move to bench Favre for Aaron Rodgers wasn't in TT. It came from above TT IMO. TT is to shy for such a bold step. The Paker brass knew just how to turn Favre away as a measure to move on without another Packer vet.
Congratulations. YOu just won Packerrats Most Retarded Post of the Year Award for 2009. :bs2:

retailguy
05-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Congratulations. YOu just won Packerrats Most Retarded Post of the Year Award for 2009. :bs2:

I'm not sure it it possible to take that award from you, CPK.

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Congratulations. You just won Packerrats Most Retarded Post of the Year Award for 2009. :bs2:

I'm not sure it it possible to take that award from you, CPK.I don't have it. There is no way I could be that retarded. The post I quoted had to come from the insane asylum. And amazingly enough, the post didn't come from the usual source of retardosity that is on this forum either.

retailguy
05-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Congratulations. You just won Packerrats Most Retarded Post of the Year Award for 2009. :bs2:

I'm not sure it it possible to take that award from you, CPK.I don't have it. There is no way I could be that retarded. The post I quoted had to come from the insane asylum. And amazingly enough, the post didn't come from the usual source of retardosity that is on this forum either.

I recognize that the truth hurts. But that's the first step in the healing process. Maybe you should spend some time reading some of the posts that you've made.

Woody says some pretty outrageous things, but he's a good guy. I'm not so sure about you....

Gunakor
05-02-2009, 10:59 AM

No he didn't. He got the "what" right in his post, he just got the "why" wrong. The decision likely DID in fact come from above TT. I said as much a year ago, if you recall. But it wasn't simply because they wanted to move on without another veteran. I'm not going to rehash this argument again as it has already been fought in hundreds of threads last summer.

FFS why won't this crap just GO AWAY?!?!?!

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 11:01 AM

I recognize that the truth hurts. But that's the first step in the healing process. Maybe you should spend some time reading some of the posts that you've made.

Woody says some pretty outrageous things, but he's a good guy. I'm not so sure about you....Im not sure how someone who is as incoherent as Woody seems on this board could be conidered a good guy, but whatever.

Yes, I do read what I post. It comes nowhere near the level of retardosity that I have seen from others, one ARod hating poster in particular.

GrnBay007
05-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Im not sure how someone who is as incoherent as Woody seems on this board could be conidered a good guy, but whatever.

Yes, I do read what I post. It comes nowhere near the level of retardosity that I have seen from others, one ARod hating poster in particular.

"retardosity" ?? you really need to grow up dude!

RashanGary
05-02-2009, 11:32 AM
cpk, I can understand how you feel. Woody is a different kind of poster, but he is decent to people.

Right now, while I understand how you feel, I don't think you're going to accomplish what you want to accomplish battling RG and 007. They look for any opportunity to tear down people they don't agree with and right now, I promise you, they are loving the chance to knock you down for being a jerk. They don't do it because they want to help Woody. They do it because they love to hurt people. It settles that miserable feeling in their souls.

Let it die, man. When you fight a miserable person, no matter how it ends, you end up just as miserable. You made a mistake. You let someone get under your skin and responded badly. Very few are going to judge you too hardly, but there are a couple who just revel in this type of thing.

gex
05-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh man, JH and cpk teaming up lol
We need a name for this dynamic duo. :lol:
:wow:

GrnBay007
05-02-2009, 11:47 AM
cpk, I can understand how you feel. Woody is a different kind of poster, but he is decent to people.

Right now, while I understand how you feel, I don't think you're going to accomplish what you want to accomplish battling RG and 007. They look for any opportunity to tear down people they don't agree with and right now, I promise you, they are loving the chance to knock you down for being a jerk. They don't do it because they want to help Woody. They do it because they love to hurt people. It settles that miserable feeling in their souls.

Let it die, man. When you fight a miserable person, no matter how it ends, you end up just as miserable. You made a mistake. You let someone get under your skin and responded badly. Very few are going to judge you too hardly, but there are a couple who just revel in this type of thing. IT makes them feel good.

OMG....too funny!! JH you make me laugh sometimes with "what" you try to defend.

1st off, I have called out other people for using the word "retard". It has nothing to do with that particular poster. It's completely disrespectful, I don't care who says it. 2nd, what do you mean by, "they love to hurt people?" Seems to me CPK made the "hurtful" statement.

As far as the statement, "It settles that miserable feeling in their souls."-----you freak!! I wasn't the one sending harassing, crazy PM's to someone last season when Favre had a bad game, now was I? Check yourself before you call out others JH!!

RashanGary
05-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh man, JH and cpk teaming up lol
We need a name for this dynamic duo. :lol:
:wow:

I don't look at things that way, gex. That sounds like a little childish battle. As someone looking at this from a step back, I wanted to help a person avoid a battle with two people who live for this type of pathetic confrontation.

Woodbuck seems like a good person that has good intentions and finishes it off with good actions. I'm certainly not taking cpk's side over woodbuck because while cpk means well, he doesn't know how to treat people well and that's not acceptable either.

It's the other two that had to jump in that I'd warn cpk and anyone about. There is no such thing as a good battle with these two. They are involved in every ugly confrontation this site has ever known. Just as a warning, I say stay away.

GrnBay007
05-02-2009, 12:10 PM
LOL you need therapy! I'm evil now? lmao

Couple things going on here.....you hate on anyone that supports Favre. I give you some credit though, you have given him some props and also not engaged in ALL disputes.....but many. The other----you can't handle any female that disagrees with you. It makes you crazy. JH, we had this type of argument back at JSO. LOL you just can't get past it. Just surround yourself with those that think as you do and you will be fine. :roll:

retailguy
05-02-2009, 12:16 PM

Let it die, man. When you fight a miserable person, no matter how it ends, you end up just as miserable. You made a mistake. You let someone get under your skin and responded badly. Very few are going to judge you too hardly, but there are a couple who just revel in this type of thing.

I cannot believe that after having met me, you would say something like this much less believe it.

Anyone who met me at last years posters game, knows that this is not true, and furthermore, knows that I don't treat people this way.

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 12:34 PM

I don't know where 007 comes into this as I havne't said one word to her.

Also, RG is the one who started the argument after I simply pointed out that Woody made a retarded post by claiming that the decision to go to Rodgers came from "above" TT. Considering Murphy barely had gotten started on his job, and the fact that the board generally leaves personnel decisoins in the hands of Murphy and TT, it is virtually impossible for his claim to have any sort of merit.

I did not make a mistake here. I stand by my opinion of Woody's ahem post. If someone jumps me for it, I will defend myself.

And lasty to Gex. Shouldn't you be off doing a five knuckle shuffle with pacopete to your Favre posters? :wink:

retailguy
05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I simply pointed out that Woody made a retarded post

I did not make a mistake here.

:shock: HELLO?

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 01:15 PM

:shock: HELLO?How is an opinion a mistake? I have my opinion on the matter. You disagree. You just can't leave it at that can you?

retailguy
05-02-2009, 01:18 PM

:shock: HELLO?How is an opinion a mistake? I have my opinion on the matter. You disagree. You just can't leave it at that can you?

Is an opinion that is a personal attack, really just an opinion, or is it a personal attack? :?:

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Is an opinion that is a personal attack, really just an opinion, or is it a personal attack? :?:I opined on the content of the post, not the poster. That is not a personal attack as I didn't attack the poster. Seems you can't distinguish between the two.

Gunakor
05-02-2009, 01:42 PM

Is an opinion that is a personal attack, really just an opinion, or is it a personal attack? :?:I opined on the content of the post, not the poster. That is not a personal attack as I didn't attack the poster. Seems you can't distinguish between the two.

Well, to be fair CPK, you did and have attacked the poster. Just not in the quote above.

Im not sure how someone who is as incoherent as Woody seems on this board could be conidered a good guy

There is no way I could be that retarded.

retailguy
05-02-2009, 01:47 PM

and that's where you're wrong. You have a well defined history of smug one liners that you think are "really witty". Those posts have branded you a troll with many folks on this forum.

Later, Gunakor came out and stated that he AGREED with the general statement that you now say you found "retarted".... So maybe, the point wasn't so "retarted" after all?...

I stand behind my belief that you attacked woody personally and responded with a stupid post that you should have kept to yourself. I believe it was a "mistake" in judgment on your part, and that's what motivated me to say something.

You took offense to what I said, and have argued your "innocence". However, is what I did to you really any different than what you did to Woody? It isn't, and that is why you continue to lose this debate.

You want to criticize the message? Ok, it's petty but folks do it all the time. but stepping over the line and calling woody retarted was where you blew it. If you've got any brains at all, you'd just apologize to him and move on....

retailguy
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM

One more thing on this CPK and I'm done. You "backed up" your original comments with the above. The above PROVES that what you're now claiming about your "intent" of the original post isn't accurate.

You said "There is no way I could be that retarded". If you meant what you said, wouldn't you have said "There is no way I could say something that retarded.? Then, you went on to say "The post I quoted had to come from the insane asylum".

The implications are clear.... The only one making shit up on the fly here is you...

Gunakor
05-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Later, Gunakor came out and stated that he AGREED with the general statement that you now say you found "retarted".... So maybe, the point wasn't so "retarted" after all?...

What are you trying to do RG? Get him on my case for being retarded too?

:lol: :lol:

retailguy
05-02-2009, 02:02 PM

:lol: :lol:

Now THAT was funny! :P Good one, you got me there! :wink:

RashanGary
05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
If someone is going to make, "I'm not so sure you're a good person" charges, they should be coming from a pretty good place. I don't get that feeling with the way you're talking. I get the feeling you're trying to knock someone down. If you're such a good person, why not try to help someone see the error of their ways instead of being confrontational with the holier than though attitude.

People thinking they're smarter than others doesn't offend me. Seeing someone angry and fighting back doesn't bother me. People are weak. It happens. Saying we're better than other people, for whatever reason, seems like the ultimate ass hole thought.

I remember people ganging up on Mark Chumura, calling him scum for being in that pool with the 17 year old's. I know, it's bad, but for a person to think he's scum for that and want him to suffer, I don't know I guess I can't be that hateful. When I see people with that type of, "I'm better than you" attitude, it's the hardest trait for me to overlook. It is just so mean spirited from my point of view.

I honestly believe people are all trying to be good and after thinking about it, I"m sure you are trying to do what you think is right too, but when I hear that type of mean spirit, it bothers me enough that in the moment, I don't like the person saying it. I come around, but my initial thought is that the person has a forgiveless heart and hates people.

007 has a history of thinking people are bad for their mistakes and wanting to take people down. It's pretty much par for the course with her. When she joined it, it was like, oh, miss hate-alot is back to take another person down. After getting out and playing baseball with the kids, I understand she probably has reasons to feel the way she does, but in the moment, that attitude is probably the #1 thing that gets the best of me and makes me feel truly negative toward another person.

I'm over it. It's offensive to me, but I don't think either of you are bad. I just think I have a really, really hard time relating to you two and i need to try harder to understand instead of feeling negative toward you.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2009, 03:33 PM
You guys are making me feel better about my relationship with Harlan.

cpk1994
05-02-2009, 09:51 PM

:lol: :lol:If you agree with Woody, thats fine. But his claim that the decision to start ARod did not come from TT but "above" him has no merit, imo, and is what I called it, imo. Not my problem that RG can't leave it at that.

SnakeLH2006
05-03-2009, 12:26 AM

and that's where you're wrong. You have a well defined history of smug one liners that you think are "really witty". Those posts have branded you a troll with many folks on this forum.

I stand behind my belief that you attacked woody personally and responded with a stupid post that you should have kept to yourself. I believe it was a "mistake" in judgment on your part, and that's what motivated me to say something.

You took offense to what I said, and have argued your "innocence". However, is what I did to you really any different than what you did to Woody? It isn't, and that is why you continue to lose this debate.

You want to criticize the message? Ok, it's petty but folks do it all the time. but stepping over the line and calling woody retarted was where you blew it. If you've got any brains at all, you'd just apologize to him and move on....

Goddamn Snake just has to step in as this shit is out of hand.

Really look at it this way, Snake started here 3 years ago, but didn't really start posting daily till a year ago when the Favre divorce was 10 fold, but said some shit sometimes that was over the top, but learned the nuances of this GREAT forum. I personally attacked JH at times, and really looking back, am sorry for that. Alas, JH, you have knowledge, insight, and opinions that are very good most of the time, but you alter them when Favre/TT come up...mostly Favre, though, that serves no purpose but to drive tensions up for those that support him (007, Gex who are hardcore fans, me to a point, but I've really loosened on it in the last year and am happy for Brett AND ARod)...To call out 007 as a cancer is ludicrous as she's a passionate Packer fan, and NEVER says anything that I've EVER seen to troll anyone. I'm saying this as a poster, Packer fan, that 007 has passion for Brett, but NEVER attacks anyone. Her smug comebacks are funny and harmless. Overall, you are a great poster, though, JH and have great insight most of the time.

CPK...Now you got called out by a MOD AGAIN for this...how many times bro? I (Snake haven't stirred shit with anyone since last fall when me and Tarlam got into it, but now are bestest bro's as we worked it out, and passion for GB football overtook it...we are cool as hell now), but you sir, just repeatedly bash anyone with comments like "retarded, stupid, ass-clown, etc." that show your maturity. Recently, I made some jokes about you in response to your posts and of course you get all hateful and say dumb stuff (and regret stooping to your level and will refrain no matter what you say in the future, cuz Packer logic, wit, fun..all come into play..you don't and WILL NOT have any of those things that make coming here enjoyable). How you still post here is beyond Snake and prob. all the posters here. Our Mod's are the best I've seen in 5 forums/sites of Packer related websites Snake has been on in the past few years, and most everyone has an opinion, but can disagree without saying something stupid, calling someone out, or just plain sucking at life....Which it looks like the case, as I don't know anyone who can/would defend you. Personal attacks suck, much like anything you post. Just post on facts and opinion without saying how someone (a poster, an exec, a player, a coach, etc. sucks so much). Is it that hard? If you aren't smart, funny, witty, or knowledegable, you have no reason to post here, as every other Rat has something to contribute, yet half the topics you post in stir some shit up for all the wrong reasons. Learn something when you just hijacked this thread (again...really???) because you anger so many on here routinely with your childish nonsense. Learn to state an opinion without attacking someone for once, please.

I'm sure you will focus an attack on me here, but sobeit, what I said is true and not an attack on you, but maybe a wakeup call, as if half the posters who have been on here a long time and Mod's call you out.....What is left? You have alot of anger issues, but if you don't like it, quit. I swear to god, you act like you are 12 and angry ALL the time. If not act your age. If you can get past your bias with some insight without being so vengeful, this site would be great.

gex
05-03-2009, 12:53 AM

Goddamn Snake just has to step in as this shit is out of hand.

Really look at it this way, Snake started here 3 years ago, but didn't really start posting daily till a year ago when the Favre divorce was 10 fold, but said some shit sometimes that was over the top, but learned the nuances of this GREAT forum. I personally attacked JH at times, and really looking back, am sorry for that. Alas, JH, you have knowledge, insight, and opinions that are very good most of the time, but you alter them when Favre/TT come up...mostly Favre, though, that serves no purpose but to drive tensions up for those that support him (007, Gex who are hardcore fans, me to a point, but I've really loosened on it in the last year and am happy for Brett AND ARod)...To call out 007 as a cancer is ludicrous as she's a passionate Packer fan, and NEVER says anything that I've EVER seen to troll anyone. I'm saying this as a poster, Packer fan, that 007 has passion for Brett, but NEVER attacks anyone. Her smug comebacks are funny and harmless. Overall, you are a great poster, though, JH and have great insight most of the time.

CPK...Now you got called out by a MOD AGAIN for this...how many times bro? I (Snake haven't stirred shit with anyone since last fall when me and Tarlam got into it, but now are bestest bro's as we worked it out, and passion for GB football overtook it...we are cool as hell now), but you sir, just repeatedly bash anyone with comments like "retarded, stupid, ass-clown, etc." that show your maturity. Recently, I made some jokes about you in response to your posts and of course you get all hateful and say dumb stuff (and regret stooping to your level and will refrain no matter what you say in the future, cuz Packer logic, wit, fun..all come into play..you don't and WILL NOT have any of those things that make coming here enjoyable). How you still post here is beyond Snake and prob. all the posters here. Our Mod's are the best I've seen in 5 forums/sites of Packer related websites Snake has been on in the past few years, and most everyone has an opinion, but can disagree without saying something stupid, calling someone out, or just plain sucking at life....Which it looks like the case, as I don't know anyone who can/would defend you. Personal attacks suck, much like anything you post. Just post on facts and opinion without saying how someone (a poster, an exec, a player, a coach, etc. sucks so much). Is it that hard? If you aren't smart, funny, witty, or knowledegable, you have no reason to post here, as every other Rat has something to contribute, yet half the topics you post in stir some shit up for all the wrong reasons. Learn something when you just hijacked this thread (again...really???) because you anger so many on here routinely with your childish nonsense. Learn to state an opinion without attacking someone for once, please.

I'm sure you will focus an attack on me here, but sobeit, what I said is true and not an attack on you, but maybe a wakeup call, as if half the posters who have been on here a long time and Mod's call you out.....What is left? You have alot of anger issues, but if you don't like it, quit. I swear to god, you act like you are 12 and angry ALL the time. If not act your age. If you can get past your bias with some insight without being so vengeful, this site would be great.

Tru dat 8-)

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 10:59 AM

:lol: :lol:If you agree with Woody, thats fine. But his claim that the decision to start ARod did not come from TT but "above" him has no merit, imo, and is what I called it, imo. Not my problem that RG can't leave it at that.

Murphy flew down to Mississippi to offer the marketing deal to Favre. Not Thompson. Which means either one of two things. Either Thompson was giving orders to his superiors within the organization, or the team President and it's board were as much a part of that decision as Thompson was.

Which do you see as the more likely of the two?

MJZiggy
05-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Actually neither. A marketing deal is out of TT's realm. It would absolutely make sense to me for the president of the company to fly down and tell the potential team spokesperson that should he decide to stay retired, there's an offer on the table for him and it will remain even if he should go to play for another team and then come back and retire. TT doesn't handle any of the marketing work that players do for the team--including the annual bus tour, fan fest or any of the rest of it. That's Murphy's turf.

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Actually neither. A marketing deal is out of TT's realm. It would absolutely make sense to me for the president of the company to fly down and tell the potential team spokesperson that should he decide to stay retired, there's an offer on the table for him and it will remain even if he should go to play for another team and then come back and retire. TT doesn't handle any of the marketing work that players do for the team--including the annual bus tour, fan fest or any of the rest of it. That's Murphy's turf.

Well that's kinda my point. Murphy wouldn't have offered the marketing deal if he and the board weren't in agreement that Favre should stay retired and that Aaron Rodgers was going to be the starting quarterback in 2008. That the offer was going to be left on the table should he go to another team and play just reinforces that thought that they were as much a part of the decision to move on as Thompson was.

MJZiggy
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
No, you don't understand. I'm saying they're two VERY separate and distinct items that the world has somehow lumped together.

Favre retired, Murphy goes down and offers him a contract, he unretires and Murphy says the offer remains. Everyone looks at it and says it was a bribe to stay retired, when in fact it was a marketing deal that was made after he retired that would have been offered even if he'd never even considered coming back. Favre was the best spokesman the Pack could ever have hoped for and Murphy went down and offered the deal. Favre decides to come back and everyone suddenly calls it a bribe. But it doesn't mean that Murphy had anything to do with the team moving on.

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 11:24 AM
No, you don't understand. I'm saying they're two VERY separate and distinct items that the world has somehow lumped together.

Favre retired, Murphy goes down and offers him a contract, he unretires and Murphy says the offer remains. Everyone looks at it and says it was a bribe to stay retired, when in fact it was a marketing deal that was made after he retired that would have been offered even if he'd never even considered coming back. Favre was the best spokesman the Pack could ever have hoped for and Murphy went down and offered the deal. Favre decides to come back and everyone suddenly calls it a bribe. But it doesn't mean that Murphy had anything to do with the team moving on.

Ah, but Murphy didn't fly down there until after Favre got that itch. If he had flown down in April, right after the draft, it might have been more believable. Perhaps Murphy would have done so anyway, we'll never know. But the timing is kinda ironic. Maybe it did have something to do with the team moving on?

:?:

Scott Campbell
05-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Ah, but Murphy didn't fly down there until after Favre got that itch. If he had flown down in April, right after the draft, it might have been more believable. Perhaps Murphy would have done so anyway, we'll never know. But the timing is kinda ironic. Maybe it did have something to do with the team moving on?

:?:

I expect there was mostly consensus among Murph, Ted and Mike on it being time to move to life after Brett. I can't see Ted taking orders from Murphy on this, but I also don't see Ted completely excluding Murph and McCarthy from the decision process either.

MJZiggy
05-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Could be. Could be he waited until the decision was final. I don't actually remember when he flew down (trying to block the whole episode from my memory), I'm just saying that would have been his role and that role is separate from Thompson's role of making roster decisions.

cpk1994
05-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Murphy flew down to Mississippi to offer the marketing deal to Favre. Not Thompson. Which means either one of two things. Either Thompson was giving orders to his superiors within the organization, or the team President and it's board were as much a part of that decision as Thompson was.

Which do you see as the more likely of the two?Murphy didn't fly down to Mississippi uintill well after TT & M3 decided that Favre could only comeback as a backup. Murphy ultimately went down there to be intermediary after things went bad between TT & Brett.

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Which do you see as the more likely of the two?Murphy didn't fly down to Mississippi uintill well after TT & M3 decided that Favre could only comeback as a backup. Murphy ultimately went down there to be intermediary after things went bad between TT & Brett.

He flew down in July, didn't he?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision was ultimately made by MM after a long heart to heart talk with Brett following the intersquad scrimmage on Family Night. That's my interpretation of MM saying that during that talk was when both sides mutually agreed that it wasn't going to work out. Murphy had already flown down by that time. I think your timeline is off.

cpk1994
05-03-2009, 12:15 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision was ultimately made by MM after a long heart to heart talk with Brett following the intersquad scrimmage on Family Night. That's my interpretation of MM saying that during that talk was when both sides mutually agreed that it wasn't going to work out. Murphy had already flown down by that time. I think your timeline is off.But that decision was that Favre couldn't be on the team at all. Up until that point, Favre was alledgly told he could only comeback as a backup. Thats what really set Brett off. They had already decided to move on after Brett alledgedly unretired and then retired again a month after he initailly retired.

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision was ultimately made by MM after a long heart to heart talk with Brett following the intersquad scrimmage on Family Night. That's my interpretation of MM saying that during that talk was when both sides mutually agreed that it wasn't going to work out. Murphy had already flown down by that time. I think your timeline is off.But that decision was that Favre couldn't be on the team at all. Up until that point, Favre was alledgly told he could only comeback as a backup. Thats what really set Brett off. They had already decided to move on after Brett alledgedly unretired and then retired again a month after he initailly retired.

The way I understood it, Favre was told he'd have to compete for his starting job if he came back. He wasn't told he'd be the backup regardless. If he won the job in camp, the job was his. That was my understanding anyway.

cpk1994
05-03-2009, 12:27 PM

The way I understood it, Favre was told he'd have to compete for his starting job if he came back. He wasn't told he'd be the backup regardless. If he won the job in camp, the job was his. That was my understanding anyway.Its hard to say what was really said becuase TT didn't say a word and ESPN reported it as "Favre could only be backup". But they were already detirmend after Brett's mind change that ARod was their guy. They may have told Brett he could win the job, but I highly doubt Brett would have been given the job.

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Its hard to say what was really said becuase TT didn't say a word and ESPN reported it as "Favre could only be backup". But they were already detirmend after Brett's mind change that ARod was their guy. They may have told Brett he could win the job, but I highly doubt Brett would have been given the job.

You could be right, of course, but I find it just as unlikely that they'd have sat 12 million dollars on the bench and not given it a shot at winning the starting job back.

Bretsky
05-03-2009, 12:37 PM
nobody knows what occured at the end and that is where the two sides really interpret things differently. I've heard that the Packers did all they could to keep him out of the locker room and Lambeau when he returned that day as well. So many facts are unknown in all of this. Like you I'd be happiest if it all went away

cpk1994
05-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Its hard to say what was really said becuase TT didn't say a word and ESPN reported it as "Favre could only be backup". But they were already detirmend after Brett's mind change that ARod was their guy. They may have told Brett he could win the job, but I highly doubt Brett would have been given the job.

You could be right, of course, but I find it just as unlikely that they'd have sat 12 million dollars on the bench and not given it a shot at winning the starting job back.He would have been given a shot, but that shot would probably just have been lip service. As long as Rodgers didn't totally fall on his face, McCarthy could say "Rodgers gets the job" and be believeable.

cpk1994
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
nobody knows what occured at the end and that is where the two sides really interpret things differently. I've heard that the Packers did all they could to keep him out of the locker room and Lambeau when he returned that day as well. So many facts are unknown in all of this. Like you I'd be happiest if it all went awayI'm sure that Packers brass weren't happy that Faver decided to convinently show up right as the scrimmage was starting basically trying, mostly succeeding, to put attention squarely on himself.

boiga
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Why are you guys rehashing this?

The summer of '08 Favre saga is like religion or politics. Everyone has firmly set beliefs and it's pointless trying to change peoples minds unless your goal is to offend.

What's Obama's new line? Mistakes were made but we're going to look forward?

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 01:05 PM

The summer of '08 Favre saga is like religion or politics. Everyone has firmly set beliefs and it's pointless trying to change peoples minds unless your goal is to offend.

Go back a page and you'll see why. It's not being rehashed just to debate Favre. An attack was made on one poster by another, and I jumped in to defend the victim of this attack. This discussion is me explaining my defense.

retailguy
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Go back a page and you'll see why. It's not being rehashed just to debate Favre. An attack was made on one poster by another, and I jumped in to defend the victim of this attack. This discussion is me explaining my defense.

yep, that pretty much sums it up... there is a certain small segment of the population that is incapable to admit wrong.

falco
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
yep, that pretty much sums it up... there is a certain small segment of the population that is incapable to admit wrong.

I agree with your entire statement except for the portion in bold.

retailguy
05-03-2009, 01:17 PM

I agree with your entire statement except for the portion in bold.

careful, you'll get this moved to fyi... :wink:

I'll agree it is a bigger segment all the time, but, still, what are there here? 20-25 people here who you could "tag" with that label?

Is that really that large? I think the political discussion makes it worse. That's why it is banned on a lot of boards. (this is just my opinion.)

falco
05-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Is that really that large?

I would put it close to 75%. That's the beauty of the internet.

Of course I could be wrong (I admit it).

retailguy
05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Is that really that large?

I would put it close to 75%. That's the beauty of the internet.

Of course I could be wrong (I admit it).

really? that high. wow.

MJZiggy
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Nah, I think even RG's assessment might be a little high...though those who won't admit it are rather vehement about it.

retailguy
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Nah, I think even RG's assessment might be a little high...though those who won't admit it are rather vehement about it.

Yep, that's my take, but you really think 20-25 is high? I won't name them, but I think I could get that high.

vehement? you betcha. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Just a little. I was thinking around 15ish.

MOBB DEEP
05-04-2009, 08:59 AM
im startn to think its 50-50 now....incredible; deanna has to be like "come on now...."

and favre lovers are like "yeah, COME ON NOW....LET'S GOOOOOO...!!!"

mike greenberg contends that if he goes to metrodome they will be the FAVORITE to win div and a STRONG superbowl contender

one emailer to mike n mike says he thinks favre willl return b/c he needs his name to be constantly mentioned - lol....

i agreee with golic that he just simlpy LOVES PLAYN THE GAME; "u dont act that excited for 20 years [jumpn in linemen's arms, throwing snowballs at driver, etc....] if u dont truly love the game"

GO CELTICS!!!!

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 10:05 AM
mike greenberg contends that if he goes to metrodome they will be the FAVORITE to win div and a STRONG superbowl contender

The Vikings are probably the favorites to win the NFC North even without Favre. But they probably aren't STRONG Super Bowl contenders even with him.

You know what? He better go get that surgery done on his throwing shoulder if he wants to come back, or it'll be a long season for him and the team that signs him. Playing in a dome isn't gonna protect him from his own physical breakdowns. He's quite capable of lighting up defenses even to this day, but not with a broken wing. So adding Favre won't in and of itself make any team any more a SB contender than they already were IMO.

KYPack
05-04-2009, 10:48 AM

The Vikings are probably the favorites to win the NFC North even without Favre. But they probably aren't STRONG Super Bowl contenders even with him.

You know what? He better go get that surgery done on his throwing shoulder if he wants to come back, or it'll be a long season for him and the team that signs him. Playing in a dome isn't gonna protect him from his own physical breakdowns. He's quite capable of lighting up defenses even to this day, but not with a broken wing. So adding Favre won't in and of itself make any team any more a SB contender than they already were IMO.

Greenberg needs to stick with what he knows. & what is that, exactly?

My big question is Brett's physical condition. He needs to get knifed for that arm tendon, doesn't he? Can that injury heal up with rehab, or does it require the surgery? I just can't see Brett being effective after a pretty lax off-season. He could well be on the brink off totally embarrassing himself.

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
My big question is Brett's physical condition. He needs to get knifed for that arm tendon, doesn't he? Can that injury heal up with rehab, or does it require the surgery? I just can't see Brett being effective after a pretty lax off-season. He could well be on the brink off totally embarrassing himself.

I don't think FAvre is going to embarass himself, he'll only play if he is healthy. I think you're right that the big unknown is his conditioning and particularly the injury. If the arm feels good this summer, he's playing. And Favre is not much for spring training anyway, so the timing would be just about right for that itchy feeling. :lol:

Favre didn't embarass himself with the Jets, he played very well through 3/4 of a season, then his arm crapped out.

Pacopete4
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM

I don't think FAvre is going to embarass himself, he'll only play if he is healthy. I think you're right that the big unknown is his conditioning and particularly the injury. If the arm feels good this summer, he's playing. And Favre is not much for spring training anyway, so the timing would be just about right for that itchy feeling. :lol:

Favre didn't embarass himself with the Jets, he played very well through 3/4 of a season, then his arm crapped out.

This is exactly how I feel too. If his arm is good to go, and only Favre will be able to tell ya that one, he will play. And if he is healthy and in good shape, it could be a long season as the Vikings only really need a QB thats adequate and Favre can still be that kind of QB, no doubt in my mind.

HarveyWallbangers
05-04-2009, 11:30 AM

I wouldn't say he embarrased himself (the end was embarrasing), but I think it's a stretch to say he played well for 3/4 of the season. After the week 4 game where he threw 6 TDs, he threw 3 TDs and 8 interceptions in the next 4 weeks. He barely was used in a 47-3 blowout the following week. Then, he conjured up some old Favre magic in two big wins against New England and Tennessee. I think the Arizona game and the two big games there hid the fact that he was mostly average. Even at that point, he threw 10 TDs and 2 interceptions in those 3 games and 10 TDs and 11 interceptions in the other 8 games. He ended the year throwing 2 TDs and 9 interceptions in the final 5 games, and the Jets went 1-4 in those games with only one of those games against a team with a winning record.

Brett had 9 games where his QB rating was 76 or lower. Aaron Rodgers had 3 of them. Same with the guy he beat out for the Pro Bowl, Philip Rivers.

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 11:41 AM

You know what? He better go get that surgery done on his throwing shoulder if he wants to come back, or it'll be a long season for him and the team that signs him. Playing in a dome isn't gonna protect him from his own physical breakdowns. He's quite capable of lighting up defenses even to this day, but not with a broken wing. So adding Favre won't in and of itself make any team any more a SB contender than they already were IMO.Exactly. When he faltered last year, it wasn't exactly cold in NY like it can get in GB. ITs ssems that the media and others hold on to the cold as an exucse for Favre too much.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think FAvre is going to embarass himself, he'll only play if he is healthy.

Brett Favre????

I half expect Brett would play even if he was wearing a toe tag.

MOBB DEEP
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think FAvre is going to embarass himself, he'll only play if he is healthy.

Brett Favre????

I half expect Brett would play even if he was wearing a toe tag.

lol

nlf live reports that vikes have been evasive yet NOT dismissive about ol' #4 in the purple and gold

espn.com nfc north blogger kevin seifert states that vikings plan to have serious discussions regarding brett favre soon!

he maintains that ultimately it will come down to whether Lord Favre really wants to play or not; if he does want to play then the team will be interested...WOW....

trent dilfer textd msgd with brett today and he says he's comfortable retired and said emphatically NO about coming back

he states that brett IS NOT INSTIGATING this whole charade-to-be like im sure some favre detractors think!

james hasty feels brett can DEF come back and be productive like he was during jets 8-3 start...but it wont be fair to queens if he doesnt come in for OTA's etc, like kerry rhodes said after last season

i havnt read that new york daily news article that ppl are sayn connects the dots that its certain that he's headed to the dome....can some1 here post it???!!

MOBB DEEP
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM

great point gun..

th87
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
i agreee with golic that he just simlpy LOVES PLAYN THE GAME; "u dont act that excited for 20 years [jumpn in linemen's arms, throwing snowballs at driver, etc....] if u dont truly love the game"

If this was the whole story, he would've stayed with the Jets.

woodbuck27
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM

and. . . your a real beauty cpk1994. SARCASM intended.

Of all people on this forum that are the most classless. You win another badge from me. Your easily the poster with the redest neck and a mean spirited person to boot. Whats it like to try to live with you young man? Your so pathetic it's sad to witness.

I can always count on you and one or two others here to take a mere idea and slam it to hell. We post ideas and opinions here. We certainly speculate on much. To make a personal attack dictates as much may be deserved in return, but I prefer to try to make you think young man.

You seem to have some GOD complex cpk1994 and your actually and consistently prone to defending yourself, rather than just thinking once in awhile or maybe changing ie growing up.

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
We had a nice little chat about why I agree with you and why we might be right.

Cleft Crusty
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM

I wouldn't say he embarrased himself (the end was embarrasing), but I think it's a stretch to say he played well for 3/4 of the season. After the week 4 game where he threw 6 TDs, he threw 3 TDs and 8 interceptions in the next 4 weeks. He barely was used in a 47-3 blowout the following week. Then, he conjured up some old Favre magic in two big wins against New England and Tennessee. I think the Arizona game and the two big games there hid the fact that he was mostly average. Even at that point, he threw 10 TDs and 2 interceptions in those 3 games and 10 TDs and 11 interceptions in the other 8 games. He ended the year throwing 2 TDs and 9 interceptions in the final 5 games, and the Jets went 1-4 in those games with only one of those games against a team with a winning record.

Brett had 9 games where his QB rating was 76 or lower. Aaron Rodgers had 3 of them. Same with the guy he beat out for the Pro Bowl, Philip Rivers.

Clefty warned of this before the 2007 season. Old QBs like Favre go out like this, still able to muster a very good game here and there, but their old bodies just can't hold up week to week over long stretches. It doesn't help when you are missing ligaments in your ankles and shoulder either. And it doesn't help if you show up with a gut and are 30 pounds overweight. Everybody gets old. In professional football, Favre is an old, old man.

Packerarcher
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
If Brett wants to go to Minnesota, let him. The Packers have no reason to fear him anymore and even if the Vikings were to win, Brett wouldn't be gaining anything becuase what would he be "sticking to TT"? Rodgers has already shown that the Packers offense runs just fine without Favre. ALso, Brett Favre still has the biceps tendon injury to deal with. He will need surgery unless he wants to be a detriment. Also, Wilf had to see the last 4 weeks of last season and come to the realization that a 40 year old broken down QB won't to his team any good. FWIW, Wilf is on record from Febuary saying he isn't interested in Favre even if he were available.

While I think Rodgers MAY turn into a somewhat adequate QB. How in the hell do you figure the Packer offense ran just fine last year. As with any QB,when EVERYTHING was going well Rodgers looked good. But when faced with the smallest amount of adversity,Rodgers CHOKED big time.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
While I think Rodgers MAY turn into a somewhat adequate QB. How in the hell do you figure the Packer offense ran just fine last year. As with any QB,when EVERYTHING was going well Rodgers looked good. But when faced with the smallest amount of adversity,Rodgers CHOKED big time.

While this may be true.. he was a first year starter taking over an offense that was built around a QB that played more games than anyone else. I think it was a learning curve for Rodgers and MM. They both choked when the game was on the line. MM choked in not opening up the playbook and allowing Rodgers to succeed and Rodgers choked in not getting the job done when the game was on the line. That being said, it was his first year.. if it happens again this season, I'll begin to get worried cuz the talent that surrounds him, should allow him to succeed, even early in his career.

Gunakor
05-05-2009, 11:01 AM

What about Mason Crosby's 2 missed GW FG's? He makes those and we finish 8-8, one game below where the Jets ended up. I think he did well dealing with adversity, as well as could be expected from a first year starter.

The absolute worst thing you could say about Rodgers season is that he kept us in almost every single game. The best thing you could say about Rodgers season is that the mistakes he made at the end of games were exactly the same mistakes we'd seen Brett make at the end of games for years - taking dumb chances, trying to win a football game. So really, I didn't see the big deal, and I still don't.

MOBB DEEP
05-05-2009, 11:14 AM
i woke up this a.m. with the revelation that i actually dislike TT more than i dislike the queens....

queens should get marvin harrison so he can drink from fountain of youth as well and at least get to the nfccg with #4 'nem

off to fym to burn these love handles...

cpk, stop being hateful...life's too short

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
i woke up this a.m. with the revelation that i actually dislike TT more than i dislike the queens....

I think you got the start of a great blues lyric hear, I'm hearing BB King

Freak Out
05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
wtf Mobb...? no beatles?

pbmax
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
So if I can extrapolate a point made about choking at QB: when things go well, people look good. When things go badly, people look poor. This is the kind of insight that can change people's lives.

How about this insight? In 2008, the Packers scored 419 points, good for 5th in the league. In 2007, they scored 435 points, good for fourth in the league.

Questions for the group:
1. How much dropoff was there at QB?
2. How did the running game differ between the two years?

And one more for the road. In 2007, the Packer defense allowed 291 points, good for 6th in the league. In 2008, they allowed 380 points, good for 22nd in the league.

Questions for the group:
1. What was the biggest offseason (2009) change for the Packers?
2. How blind must you be to believe that the difference between 13-3 and 6-10 was mostly the QB?

mraynrand
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
2. How blind must you be to believe that the difference between 13-3 and 6-10 was mostly the QB?

Love makes you blind

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WlQN8j58XbI/R1LOqq7JQaI/AAAAAAAAAaE/8wtEenQ2TvY/s1600-R/GoodAmerican.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Love makes you blind

Love is a battlefield.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Pat_Benatar_Love_is_a_Battlefield.jpg

Zool
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Love makes you blind

Love is a battlefield.

Shootin at the walls of heartache, I am the warrior.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O852wsIW7LQ/R95lIkFckSI/AAAAAAAAAsc/WJSMUnouunk/s320/Scandal+-+Warrior+-+Front.jpg

DonHutson
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Ted Thompson is the Galileo of his generation.

Galileo was convicted of heresy for believing that the sun didn't revolve around the earth.

Thompson continues to be condemned for believing that the world doesn't revolve around Brett Favre.

sheepshead
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Biggest change in 2009?

New "D" coaching staff-without question. we turn 4-5 touchdowns into fieldgoals were in the playoffs.

pbmax
05-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Boggest change in 2009?

New "D" coaching staff-without question. we turn 4-5 touchdowns into fieldgoals were in the playoffs.
Bingo. Biggest and Boggest change. I think the Packers Brass might agree with sheepshead here.

Freak Out
05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Love makes you blind

Love is a battlefield.

Shootin at the walls of heartache, I am the warrior.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O852wsIW7LQ/R95lIkFckSI/AAAAAAAAAsc/WJSMUnouunk/s320/Scandal+-+Warrior+-+Front.jpg

Love hurts...

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/cmeacg/img/music/profile_image/49/cover_large.jpg

Administrator
05-05-2009, 07:57 PM
This thread is like a 80's rock memory tour. :D

mraynrand
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
My clone sleeps alone.

Love is a battlefield.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Pat_Benatar_Love_is_a_Battlefield.jpg

gbgary
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

Zool
05-05-2009, 11:19 PM
OK one more.....maybe

Love stinks

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WAEGAF5PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

SnakeLH2006
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
You can't forget the #1 video on youtube for 80's rock classics. "I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling....Gotta make you...understand." Snake's real sorry bout this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU :oops: :lol:

Zool
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Rick Roll fail.

gex
05-06-2009, 12:08 AM

Of all people on this forum that are the most classless. You win another badge from me. Your easily the poster with the redest neck and a mean spirited person to boot. Whats it like to try to live with you young man? Your so pathetic it's sad to witness.

I can always count on you and one or two others here to take a mere idea and slam it to hell. We post ideas and opinions here. We certainly speculate on much. To make a personal attack dictates as much may be deserved in return, but I prefer to try to make you think young man.

You seem to have some GOD complex cpk1994 and your actually and consistently prone to defending yourself, rather than just thinking once in awhile or maybe changing ie growing up.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:03 AM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Best....Use...of......Emoticons............EVER!

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:29 AM

You seem to have some GOD complex cpk1994 and your actually and consistently prone to defending yourself, rather than just thinking once in awhile or maybe changing ie growing up.Well, you at least spoke english for once.

That said, posting ideas aspeculations are fine as long as they are plausible. Yours wasn't plausbile. Not by a long shot. Crack addicts make more sense.

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 02:35 AM

You seem to have some GOD complex cpk1994 and your actually and consistently prone to defending yourself, rather than just thinking once in awhile or maybe changing ie growing up.Well, you at least spoke english for once.

That said, posting ideas aspeculations are fine as long as they are plausible. Yours wasn't plausbile. Not by a long shot. Crack addicts make more sense.

It's a given crack addicts like Ty make more sense than your broken English anyday. Glad you can see that dude. So glad. Maybe you should heed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEkOVdUjHc

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:14 AM

While I think Rodgers MAY turn into a somewhat adequate QB. How in the hell do you figure the Packer offense ran just fine last year. As with any QB,when EVERYTHING was going well Rodgers looked good. But when faced with the smallest amount of adversity,Rodgers CHOKED big time.It was a top 10 offense. ARod threw for more than 4000 yards despite not having much of a running game and a play caller who called plays not to lose than to win. Also, the defense choked a lot more than Rodgers could ever dream of. Rodgers put the team in position to win so many times only to see the D blow the lead. But I know it is easier for TT haters such as yourself to say Rodgers choked because if fuels the hate you have for TT becuase Favre was traded.

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Yes, CPK, it was plausible. And I explained in perfect english why it was plausible. You disagree, but you don't know for fact any more than we do. So yes, it is plausible, unless you have further evidence to prove it false.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 09:14 AM

Yes, CPK, it was plausible. And I explained in perfect english why it was plausible. You disagree, but you don't know for fact any more than we do. So yes, it is plausible, unless you have further evidence to prove it false.I don't think it is plausible. IF not TT/M3 then who?

A1. Murphy? Well he was only in his first 6 months on the job when this started to go down. He stated at the start that he would stay out the football side of the business. Outside of the plane trip to Miss which was corporate business, Murphy has held to his statement.

A2. THe Board of Directors? Even more unlikely. They have never gotten involved with player decisions. The only time they were even remotely involved is when Ron Wolf and Harlan went to them and told them they were going after Reggie White and to see if the board had a problem with that.

Eliminating those two, there is only one conclusion. TT/M3 made the decison after the unretirement/re-retirement by Favre. They wanted a committment from Favre and they couldn't get one. They were no longer going to allow Favre to comeback because they preached to rest of the team "team committment". That would be sending a bad precedent for the rest of the team and they would lose control. That would make McCarthy look bad. They certainly were not willing to stab Rodgers in the back by taking his job away becuase they knew if they did, Rodgers would leave the first chance he got, leaving them with millions of dollars wasted developing a player for another team. That would make Ted Thompson look bad So they decided at that point(the re-retirement), Rodgers was their man and that while not wanting Favre back would get them negative backlash in the short term, ithat wouldn't be nearly bad if they allowed Favre to continue, most likely causing Rodgers to bolt and being left with nothing at QB.

TT/M3 made the decision. Murphy and the Board went along with it, as they usually do on player decisions.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 09:19 AM
TT/M3 made the decision. Murphy and the Board went along with it, as they usually do on player decisions.

I agree with this and suspect that Ted wouldn't tolerate it any other way. However, it can't be proved. And that leaves the door open just a crack - enough for the conspiracy theories.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 09:24 AM

I agree with this and suspect that Ted wouldn't tolerate it any other way. However, it can't be proved. And that leaves the door open just a crack - enough for the conspiracy theories.If the Baord or Murphy made the decion and it was to bring back Favre, Ted would have to tolerate it or he would be out of a job.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM

I think you got the start of a great blues lyric hear, I'm hearing BB King

hilarious...

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
wtf Mobb...? no beatles?

i saw a cool documentary about beatles back stage on bbc channel recently

i had no idea those cats were drugging IMMEDIATELY, like before age 20 and band was fully formed...lol

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Love makes you blind

Love is a battlefield.

classic Redman line is "im givn love to your battlefied, F pat benatar..."

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
espnews reportn that favre and childress are expected to meet tonight and thursday

the show is on the road......

Chevelle2
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
espnews reportn that favre and childress are expected to meet tonight and thursday

the show is on the road......

Im starting more and more to think this is actually going to happen.

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't think it is plausible. IF not TT/M3 then who?

A1. Murphy? Well he was only in his first 6 months on the job when this started to go down. He stated at the start that he would stay out the football side of the business. Outside of the plane trip to Miss which was corporate business, Murphy has held to his statement.

A2. THe Board of Directors? Even more unlikely. They have never gotten involved with player decisions. The only time they were even remotely involved is when Ron Wolf and Harlan went to them and told them they were going after Reggie White and to see if the board had a problem with that.

Eliminating those two, there is only one conclusion. TT/M3 made the decison after the unretirement/re-retirement by Favre. They wanted a committment from Favre and they couldn't get one. They were no longer going to allow Favre to comeback because they preached to rest of the team "team committment". That would be sending a bad precedent for the rest of the team and they would lose control. That would make McCarthy look bad. They certainly were not willing to stab Rodgers in the back by taking his job away becuase they knew if they did, Rodgers would leave the first chance he got, leaving them with millions of dollars wasted developing a player for another team. That would make Ted Thompson look bad So they decided at that point(the re-retirement), Rodgers was their man and that while not wanting Favre back would get them negative backlash in the short term, ithat wouldn't be nearly bad if they allowed Favre to continue, most likely causing Rodgers to bolt and being left with nothing at QB.

But you can't just eliminate those two because you THINK they couldn't be possible. You don't know. Neither does everybody else. Which makes every single explaination plausible until you can prove them false. Nothing - absolutely nothing in your entire post - could be construed as proof that nobody above TT had any weight on that decision.

Remember too, that Thompson has no control over the marketing aspect of the franchise - so as hard is it is for you to believe that Murphy had something to do with moving on, it is just as hard for me to believe that Thompson had anything to do with the 20 million dollars Murphy offered Favre. It was clear that Murphy wanted just as badly for Favre to remain retired as Thompson, so why is it such a stretch to figure he had something to do with moving on in the first place? You don't know. You don't think that was the case, but you don't know. Which still means it's plausible that decison came from above Thompson. Just like Woody and I have said we believe. We don't know any more than you do, so we'll leave it at that. Plausible, not busted, and not confirmed.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
i wonder what his former packer teeammates think about this...

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
i wonder what his former packer teeammates think about this...

I don't think they are concerned about this at all. They have their own problems to worry about. Unless by former teammates you mean Frank Winters and Robert Brooks and Dorsey Levens, that is.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 04:11 PM
darren sharper said he is "100% sure" favre is coming back.....

it appears that if lord comes back there will be much more committment compared to last pre season w/jets

personal trainer, hiring qb coach, planning on attendn ota's, etc

i guess b/c minny is where he REALLY wantd to b and nyj was jus consolation prize....basically he's lickn his chops now - lol

wonder how jets org feels about that

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
darren sharper said he is "100% sure" favre is coming back.....Like he was sure he was going to pick Brett off in 2007 in the game where is fuck up gave the Pack 6 points? I don't bet money based on Darren Sharper predictions thats for sure.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
darren sharper said he is "100% sure" favre is coming back.....Like he was sure he was going to pick Brett off in 2007 in the game where is fuck up gave the Pack 6 points? I don't bet money based on Darren Sharper predictions thats for sure.

apples to oranges

mraynrand
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
apples to oranges

http://www.foodkake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/n674280427_1759547_3617.jpg

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
ant freeman excited about this season

BallHawk
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM

Worst. Bump. Ever.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/dog-poop-catcher.jpg

hoosier
08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/dog-poop-catcher.jpg

Nice poop catcher. But what do you do if your dog has to take a second dump?

mraynrand
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/masumma/graph.jpg

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ballot/_/id/3890/hear-brett-favre

LMFAO

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/masumma/graph.jpg

ROFLLMFAO!!!!!!! Spot on Chev!

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
WTF, can we stop with these worthless bumps

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM

WTF, can we stop with these worthless rants on stopping worthless bumps?

Wow. Lighten up Boss, I like Favre (few Rats do anymore), but found that funny as all hell....I haven't been on here in a week, so just caught up with it and gave a shout to some funny pie graph. Snake LOL'd.

Big deal bro. Damn, Boss. Next time I'll bring a link/website/Insider article for you to scour over to not waste your precious time while browsing a Packer forum. :roll:

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM

WTF, can we stop with these worthless rants on stopping worthless bumps. Lighten up Boss, I like Favre (few Rats do anymore), but found that funny....haven't been on here in a week, so just caught up with it and gave a shout to some funny pie graph. Damn, Boss.

I don't have a problem with people respondin to the thread once it's been bumped. I don't agree with Mobb bumpin a 4 month old thread in order to contribute nothing to it.

I really don't even know why Mobb is here. I've never seen Mobb post anything positive or even worthwhile about the Packers. All he talks about is Favre, Vick, TO, and whatever other victim he wants to side with.

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM

Wow. Lighten up Boss, I like Favre (few Rats do anymore), but found that funny as all hell....I haven't been on here in a week, so just caught up with it and gave a shout to some funny pie graph. Snake LOL'd.

Big deal bro. Damn, Boss. Next time I'll bring a link/website/Insider article for you to scour over to not waste your precious time while browsing a Packer forum. :roll:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=18345

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM

WTF, can we stop with these worthless rants on stopping worthless bumps. Lighten up Boss, I like Favre (few Rats do anymore), but found that funny....haven't been on here in a week, so just caught up with it and gave a shout to some funny pie graph. Damn, Boss.

I don't have a problem with people respondin to the thread once it's been bumped. I don't agree with Mobb bumpin a 4 month old thread in order to contribute nothing to it.

I really don't even know why Mobb is here. I've never seen Mobb post anything positive or even worthwhile about the Packers. All he talks about is Favre, Vick, TO, and whatever other victim he wants to side with.

Sorry, thought you were responding to Snake....lol.

Mobb has his moments, but is in suicide watch with the Favre debacle, but off life support cuz he's gonna lead the Vikes to a 2nd place finish behind Da Pack at 11-5 in 2009. Mobb is aight. He has his agenda, but hasn't attacked anyone that Snake can remember. Let him be....let him be....lol.

GBRulz
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM

In fairness, I don't see any thread bumping going on after the admin posted that notice.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
GBM, isn't that exactly what Mr. Snake did here?

Admin sent out a please stop this shit on 8/20 and on 8/21 this finds it's way back up the charts.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM

In fairness, I don't see any thread bumping going on after the admin posted that notice.

The admin posted that on Aug 20. Mobb bumped this thread on Aug 21.

EDIT - SORRY MY BAD MOBB. SAW THIS WAS DONE ON THE 18TH

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:59 PM

I just posted it because those guys acted like they hadn't read it yet. Joe's got it covered already.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM

1 love

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM

Worst. Bump. Ever.

lol, quite true i gota admit

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
GBM, isn't that exactly what Mr. Snake did here?

Admin sent out a please stop this shit on 8/20 and on 8/21 this finds it's way back up the charts.

Wow..Just looking at recent posts/haven't been on here in a week. The most recent post was what 2 days ago? Snake is crime glorified cuz I laughed at a pie chart after 3 plus years posting on here.

Please...I haven't had time to check the newest posts/topics...will now. I was just responding to a recent (few days ago thread I posted in months/weeks/days ago..who cares).

I've been out of town for the past week and just got back online NOW. Snake ain't bumping shit for the sake of bumping (don't ever care about post count). WTF is going on? This looks like PackerChatters all over again. Damn...and I ain't bumping shit for bump reasons, Snake just responded. Go join Joe Arrigo or something. Damn.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe ya Mr. Snake. Mr. Admin does have a good idea though so now you know.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 11:15 PM

1 love

Mobb I saw your post pre-edit so I need to respond.

I have no personal problem with you, I just don't understand where you are coming from is all. By your own admission, you used to be a huge Packer fan but now are more interested in individual NFL players over teams. Why the Packers then? Familiarity? Do you still get joy/sorrow out of the Packers' performances, or is it no more so than seeing one of your favorite players struggle?

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2009, 11:17 PM

I still don't understand...haven't been online in over a week....just was checking my recent posts with activity...I responded to a thread with 2 day inactivity....and lol'd at a pie chart. WTF? How is Snake doing something afoul of PackerRats? I still haven't read the new topics/posts and plan on doing that, but WTF with the PackerChatters type witchhunt? What's going on? I don't know how most of you Rats go on doing it, but when I log in, I check my recent posts for activity (respond/contribute if worthy) and found a 2 day ago post funny (shit..I haven't been on here in 8 days) first...then I go look at new topics. What's the deal? What's the witchhunt? I don't get it. I really don't understand the vile with the recent posts on this.

Rastak
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM

I still don't understand...haven't been online in over a week....just was checking my recent posts with activity...I responded to a thread with 2 day inactivity....and lol'd at a pie chart. WTF? How is Snake doing something afoul of PackerRats? I still haven't read the new topics/posts and plan on doing that, but WTF with the PackerChatters type witchhunt? What's going on? I don't know how most of you Rats go on doing it, but when I log in, I check my recent posts for activity (respond/contribute if worthy) and found a 2 day ago post funny (shit..I haven't been on here in 8 days) first...then I go look at new topics. What's the deal? What's the witchhunt? I don't get it. I really don't understand the vile with the recent posts on this.

Dude, you're fine. Calm the fuck down. Admin asked people not bump the same damn old assed posts (10 at a time) every day. There's a Brett is a Vike thread....might be the best place to rag on the dude.

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 12:21 AM

Dude, you're fine. Calm the fuck down. Admin asked people not bump the same damn old assed posts (10 at a time) every day. There's a Brett is a Vike thread....might be the best place to rag on the dude.

LOL...just got a long phone call from by black bro with the know about golfing n' shit. Dude is a business man...cool bro. So been off for the last hour, but WTF with responding to a post. WTF. I (Snake) ain't feeling ever like raggin' on Brett. WTF. I thought it was funny, that was it. WTF?

Rastak
08-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Ummm, you still missing the point? It's extremely basic. Let me know if you fail to understand what happened and I'll try and spell it out in some other terms which might be more understandable.

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Ummm, you still missing the point? It's extremely basic. Let me know if you fail to understand what happened and I'll try and spell it out in some other terms which might be more understandable.

Wow..Always liked ya Rastak....(you have been one of Snake's fave posters for some time), but please do...I laughed at a pie graph (still like Favre though)..Snake is now back online on PR after a long ass non- PR discussion with my buddy (who is a Raider/Lion fan) not dissing ANYONE....yet Snake must be 1 step behind...What is that I don't understand? What the fuck did I do wrong in any of these posts, Ras? Snake is confused? :shock:

Rastak
08-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Snake, nothing, as I stated in the first post. The admin asked we not bump the same bunch of shit up over and over. I think we're cool here.

1) The Snake didn't know admin didn't want 800 of the same posts which are not Packer related bumped over and over. You bumped only one. Don't over react. We all realize this.

2) The Snake was told the admin didn't want ANY old posts bumped because it clogs the forum taking away from the actual topic the forum was created for.

3) Snake understands what admin is trying to do (I assume).

That's it in a nutshell....not a complicated mess at all really.

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Snake, nothing, as I stated in the first post. The admin asked we not bump the same bunch of shit up over and over. I think we're cool here.

1) The Snake didn't know admin didn't want 800 of the same posts which are not Packer related bumped over and over. You bumped only one. Don't over react. We all realize this.

2) The Snake was told the admin didn't want ANY old posts bumped because it clogs the forum taking away from the actual topic the forum was created for.

3) Snake understands what admin is trying to do (I assume).

That's it in a nutshell....not a complicated mess at all really.

So...

1) Yep..haven't read that yet.

2) Can't post in posts/topics I haven't seen in a week since I've been on here? Is this PackerChatters?

Snake is usually daily on here, been out of the country for the last week. So I missed that topic and replied to a 2 day old post? W-O-W.

I really like Joe (Admin) and agree with his new theory, but in this very topic, I call shenanigans....based on twisted logic. I will read the guideline shortly if these BS posts don't take up my time. But WTF though?

3) I do. Joe is good. I like the guy as Admin. But, let's not make this PackerChatters as my first vibe getting back on here seems kinda creepy with folks going nuts. Chill out yo.

Snake likes PR.....but WTF is the deal? Sounds like a bunch of BS out of nothing?

GrnBay007
08-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a bunch of BS out of nothing?

Got that right!

SnakeLH2006
08-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Sounds like a bunch of BS out of nothing?

Got that right!

Hallelujah, girl. Speak on.

Zool
08-22-2009, 01:54 AM
In defense of the Snake

His MO is to come here late at night and basically reply to 90% of the threads that he hasn't read since his last visit. In a language that Snake will understand "it what he do". He wasn't bumping a 3 month old thread, just replying to a thread he hadn't read since his last visit.

Snake is a solid, occasionally off kilter, and valuable member of our fucked up dysfunctional family. He ain't heavy.

MOBB DEEP
08-22-2009, 08:33 AM
In defense of the Snake, He wasn't bumping a 3 month old thread

in the words of wanda sykes on curb your enthusiasm, just blame it on the black man... :cry:

MOBB DEEP
08-22-2009, 09:51 AM

1 love

Mobb I saw your post pre-edit so I need to respond.

I have no personal problem with you, I just don't understand where you are coming from is all. By your own admission, you used to be a huge Packer fan but now are more interested in individual NFL players over teams. Why the Packers then? Familiarity? Do you still get joy/sorrow out of the Packers' performances, or is it no more so than seeing one of your favorite players struggle?

DAYUM bm, i just wrote a LONG reply to your post answering your Qs...it got deleted b/c i took to long too type it and i had to log back in...filth flern filth, MESSED up! hitting the gym and will get bac

MichiganPackerFan
08-22-2009, 01:37 PM

Worst. Bump. Ever.

lol, quite true i gota admit

That's why Mobb's here. Light-hearted input, enjoyment, and always takes his lumps when deserved.