PDA

View Full Version : I find this hilarious

Packman_26
04-30-2009, 03:40 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/29/plane-flies-from-minneapolis-to-hattiesburg-and-back-again/
I don't know what is more sad, that this is news or that it probably really has something with Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Reports are that it was some type of Cessna that flew down there. Ziggy Wilf's plane is the same type of Cessna. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
:D

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure if it is hilarious or sad that Florio is so desperate for web hits that he is making stuff up about Favre.

AV David
04-30-2009, 10:52 AM
I have no idea if it is true or not, but KFAN radio had a photo on their website yesterday with a Vikings logoed Cessna Citation with the same tail number as the one flown in to Hattiesburg.

My guess is the Vikings are touching base.

Fritz
04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Come on, now, people.

You all know the drill by now:

The Vikings' __________ (fill in the blank, prolly Bevell or Childress) is just a friend of Brett Favre's. They were just visiting, like friends do. Why does everybody always have to make a big deal out of something as simple as a friendship? No, they did not talk about Brett Favre playing for the Vikes - he's retired, remember? They just talked about....life. It's just friends, visiting, that's all.

RashanGary
04-30-2009, 11:38 AM
They're probably trying to talk him out of retirement. He was pretty good for the first half in New York (very good). He' had a bad finish, I know, but I actually think he can still play for a good team and lead them to a lot of wins.

I forget the name of the NYJ coordinator while Favre was there, but he's supposed ot be one of the brighter guys teaching that motion heavy offense that you see in the AFC. Favre has had Holmgren, then really refined his craft with McCarthy and now had a nice introduction to a very different, but very effective offense. Right now, Brett is probably one of the most mentally capable QB's in the game. He'd be going to an offense that is pretty familiar to him with the best RB in the game and a good OL. Oh yeah, a good defense too.

It would be a great situation for Favre. His body seems to be breaking down, but on a great team, he could have one more magical year. Never know, 8 million dollars could convince him to take one more run.

I think he's done because he's so physically warn down after 17 years of a brutal game. However, if there were a sinerio that would work, I think the Vikings are it. I'd say 80/20 right now retire/come back. I'd actually hope he comes back because I think the Packers are going to be really good this year and I don't think the Vikings are a very deep team. I don't think Favre is a great QB right now either. He's good, but I'd like to see the Packers beat him. Don't know why, I'd just enjoy it.

swede
04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Favre wouldn't have to play well to be a successful addition to the Vikings.

Favre would help put butt$ into $eat$.

Maybe the local media outlets would no longer have to buy the last few thousand $3.00 tickets in order to avoid blackouts.

Edit: This is a win-win for both sides. If Favre wants to come back I grant him his right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I think he's done because he's so physically warn down after 17 years of a brutal game. However, if there were a sinerio that would work, I think the Vikings are it. I'd say 80/20 right now retire/come back.

Favre right now, even with a sore shoulder, is better than Tavaris Jackson. Half the QB position is mental, and Favre is pretty crafty (except when he is a bone head, of course.) He could play two or three more years as an OK QB.

Bossman641
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Come on, now, people.

The Vikings' __________ (fill in the blank, prolly Bevell or Childress) is just a friend of Brett Favre's. They were just visiting, like friends do. Why does everybody always have to make a big deal out of something as simple as a friendship? No, they did not talk about Brett Favre playing for the Vikes - he's retired, remember? They just talked about....life. It's just friends, visiting, that's all.

Does that also work for the un-retirement and subsequent retirement? Can't they just set up a template, change the dates, and use the same articles over again?

retailguy
04-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure if it is hilarious or sad that Florio is so desperate for web hits that he is making stuff up about Favre.

I think the overwhelming evidence is that Florio didn't make anything up at all.

Maybe you should take another look at the info... It looks credible to me.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I think he's done because he's so physically warn down after 17 years of a brutal game. However, if there were a sinerio that would work, I think the Vikings are it. I'd say 80/20 right now retire/come back.

Favre right now, even with a sore shoulder, is better than Tavaris Jackson. Half the QB position is mental, and Favre is pretty crafty (except when he is a bone head, of course.) He could play two or three more years as an OK QB.

Is Favre better than Rosenfels?

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like this flight didn't have anything to do with the Vikings, but you never know.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/bloggers/lanceallan/44034022.html

FAVRE ON THE FLIGHT?
YOU'LL LAUGH AT THIS ONE
Lance Allan

I hope and pray it doesn't come down to this every day, but we all had a good laugh at the station Wednesday night.

In the afternoon, we caught wind that a large Citation jet landed in Hattiesburg, headed for Minneapolis. Occupants unknown. A rare occurance for a private jet that large to be there.

Put two and two together. Favre release, Vikings maybe interested, jet going to Minneapolis, and you get the point of where this is going.

Well, after tracking the flight and doing some intel (I feel like Jack Bauer on 24 sometimes when I'm doing "investigative" work like this), it turns out that only Target executives were on the flight. No Brett. No Bus. No story.

Man, I'm hoping the Tractor Watch isn't firing back up. But my gut tells me this is going to happen from time to time until training camp starts.

Bossman641
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Haven't checked this myself but some of the comments on PFT said it was 2 different planes, not the same plane going back and forth.

OPT708 arrived in Hattiesburg from Minneapolis at 7:12 AM
OPT708 departed from Hattiesburg for Lafayette at 11:15AM
OPT704 arrived in Hattiesburg from Birmingham at 2:57PM
OPT704 departed from Hattiesburg for Minneapolis at 4:14PM

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Haven't checked this myself but some of the comments on PFT said it was 2 different planes, not the same plane going back and forth.

I too have been scanning log books of various airports. We need to watch regional hubs like Duluth and Eau Claire in case they try some funny business. It probably also wouldn't hurt to put a man at the bus station.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM
It probably also wouldn't hurt to put a man at the bus station.

I nominate CPK.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Here is a link to Ziggy's plane info. Guess it is different planes after all...

http://www.celebrityaircraft.com/aircraft/celebrity/aircraft.html?3876=1088

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Reports are that it was some type of Cessna that flew down there. Ziggy Wilf's plane is the same type of Cessna. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
:D

Indeed

http://www.themercury.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2008/10/31/crash-wide.jpg

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM

I too have been scanning log books of various airports. We need to watch regional hubs like Duluth and Eau Claire in case they try some funny business. It probably also wouldn't hurt to put a man at the bus station.

Check the Tower Chief's logs. There was no flight at 0300 hours.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd68/veritas227/few_good_men.jpg

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 01:19 PM

I think the overwhelming evidence is that Florio didn't make anything up at all.

Maybe you should take another look at the info... It looks credible to me.EDIT; It appears you got the info in my original post here. Next time, instead of the snide remarks you can do a little research. :lol:

mission
04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Fritz you've been killin em! :lol: :lol:

I really don't know what to think about all this. It's impossible really, you don't know what to believe with Favre and his camp anymore (or ever).

pbmax
04-30-2009, 01:27 PM

I nominate CPK.
Something tells me Skinbasket would be unafraid of the bus station.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM

Maybe you should take another look at the info... It looks credible to me.EDIT; It appears you got the info in my original post here. Next time, instead of the snide remarks you can do a little research. :lol:

Huh? You only made one post here, yeah, I got it, IT WAS STUPID.

Nothing got made up, except your "feeling" that Florio was "making things up". Are you really this daft, or is it just an act?

retailguy
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM

I nominate CPK.

He's too busy. CPK has time.

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM

I nominate CPK.

You have to have surveillance outside the Mens room.

Gunakor
04-30-2009, 01:40 PM

I nominate CPK.

You have to have surveillance outside the Mens room.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Huh? You only made one post here, yeah, I got it, IT WAS STUPID.

Nothing got made up, except your "feeling" that Florio was "making things up". Are you really this daft, or is it just an act?He insinuated that Favre was already talking to the Vikngs because he found two different flights, one from hMinneapolis and the other from Hattiesburg that happened to go to Minneapolis, that were unrelated to each other. How is that insinuation not made up?

retailguy
04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
He insinuated that Favre was already talking to the Vikngs because he found two different flights, one from hMinneapolis and the other from Hattiesburg that happened to go to Minneapolis, that were unrelated to each other. How is that insinuation not made up?

Plane Flies From Minneapolis To Hattiesburg, And Back Again
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2009, 10:59 p.m.
It probably means nothing.

But, let’s face it, Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport is hardly a major hub of transportation.

Only five flights arrived there today, and only six departed.

One of the arrivals came from Minneapolis, and one of the departures headed back there.

The plane from Minneapolis arrived at 9:11 a.m. local time, and left at 4:14 p.m. local time.

It probably has nothing to do with one of the more famous residents of Hattiesburg. After all, he’s retired from playing football, and he has no intention of coming back.

Favre said so himself. “It’s all rumor. [There’s] no reason for it.”

Oh, wait. That was last year, when Favre shot down in early July talk that he wanted to come back.

Since he was telling the truth then, he’s surely telling the truth now.

Ok, here is the original post. This post convinces me that you cannot slow your brain down enough to READ. Maybe read this again tomorrow morning BEFORE you drink the rockstars.

- A plane flew in from Minneapolis. That was true.
- A plane left Hattiesburg and returned to Minneapolis. That is also true.
- Florio injected a significant amount of sarcasam into this blurb about how what Favre (and the Vikings for that matter) says is "unreliable". By previous experience that's true too.

But, nowhere in the above does he say they had talks. Just speculating on who else would be flying into Hattiesburg (six flights a day backs that up too, I'd say). That was a pretty good question. Apparently they have a Target in Hattiesburg. Who knew? I guess maybe Brett did, but certainly no one else knew, or cared.

Do you just not get sarcasm? I still don't get it. splain it to me.

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
He insinuated that Favre was already talking to the Vikngs because he found two different flights, one from hMinneapolis and the other from Hattiesburg that happened to go to Minneapolis, that were unrelated to each other. How is that insinuation not made up?

But, let’s face it, Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport is hardly a major hub of transportation.

One of the arrivals came from Minneapolis, and one of the departures headed back there.

The plane from Minneapolis arrived at 9:11 a.m. local time, and left at 4:14 p.m. local time.

It probably has nothing to do with one of the more famous residents of Hattiesburg. After all, he’s retired from playing football, and he has no intention of coming back.

Oh, wait. That was last year, when Favre shot down in early July talk that he wanted to come back.

Ok, here is the original post. This post convinces me that you cannot slow your brain down enough to READ. Maybe read this again tomorrow morning BEFORE you drink the rockstars.

- Florio injected a significant amount of sarcasam into this blurb about how what Favre (and the Vikings for that matter) says is "unreliable". By previous experience that's true too.

But, nowhere in the above does he say they had talks. Just speculating on who else would be flying into Hattiesburg (six flights a day backs that up too, I'd say). That was a pretty good question. Apparently they have a Target in Hattiesburg. Who knew? I guess maybe Brett did, but certainly no one else knew, or cared.

Do you just not get sarcasm? I still don't get it. splain it to me.You have to read between the lines. Florio didn't have to mention the flights at all. No reason what so ever becuase a little reasearch(something Florio seemed to lack here) would have shown it not to be related to Favre. Basically by mentioning the flights he creates a Favre/Vikings connection in peope's minds. He made up a story (There are flights between Minneapolis and Hattiesburg, must be Favre) to generate webhits.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Do you just not get sarcasm? I still don't get it. splain it to me.You have to read between the lines. Florio didn't have to mention the flights at all. No reason what so ever becuase a little reasearch(something Florio seemed to lack here) would have shown it not to be related to Favre. Basically by mentioning the flights he creates a Favre/Vikings connection in peope's minds. He made up a story (There are flights between Minneapolis and Hattiesburg, must be Favre) to generate webhits.

LOL. Ok. I got it.

Yep, Florio just post shit to "generate web hits". That's why his site has crashed on multiple instances in the last two months. Because he's trying to generate additional traffic. Yeah. That's it.

Gee, my perspective is that he's working OVERTIME trying to handle the traffic he's already got.

That might be why he's got "backup sites" on NBCSPORTS and sporting news. So he's got a place to land his domain when it crashes....

Thanks for clearing that up for me Sherlock. I guess I'm just not that devious.

Fritz
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Come on, now, people.

Does that also work for the un-retirement and subsequent retirement? Can't they just set up a template, change the dates, and use the same articles over again?

I think I just did. Does this mean I'm working for the Favre family now?

bobblehead
04-30-2009, 02:43 PM

Check the Tower Chief's logs. There was no flight at 0300 hours.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd68/veritas227/few_good_men.jpg

I must admit, milk just squirted out of my nose....ty asshole!!!

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM

LOL. Ok. I got it.

Yep, Florio just post shit to "generate web hits". That's why his site has crashed on multiple instances in the last two months. Because he's trying to generate additional traffic. Yeah. That's it.

Gee, my perspective is that he's working OVERTIME trying to handle the traffic he's already got.

That might be why he's got "backup sites" on NBCSPORTS and sporting news. So he's got a place to land his domain when it crashes....

Thanks for clearing that up for me Sherlock. I guess I'm just not that devious.OF course he tryingto generate more webhits. More webhits = more money. You never stop trying to make money. Florio knows Favre is a cash cow. He knows he can make a buttload of money just putting out Favre stories as lonmg as they don't stray too far from the actual truth. He can put out insinuations and half truths becuase people eat it up.

Bossman641
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Come on, now, people.

I think I just did. Does this mean I'm working for the Favre family now?

Sorry. "They" as in ESPN, CNNSI, and such.

Brett Favre announced his return from retirement on ______. This comes on the heels of his retirement announcement on ________. Favre, who just finished up his ______season in the NFL, ________ as QB for the _______.......

And then, when he retires.

Brett Lorenzo Favre tearfully announced his retirement from the NFL after ____ years of service. Favre held back tears as he said "nobody could question my dedication or commitment. I think I proved that this year in quarterbacking the _______." Favre has always been known as one of the league's most exciting players, and finished up this year with ___ TD and __ INT.....

retailguy
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
OF course he tryingto generate more webhits. More webhits = more money. You never stop trying to make money. Florio knows Favre is a cash cow. He knows he can make a buttload of money just putting out Favre stories as lonmg as they don't stray too far from the actual truth. He can put out insinuations and half truths becuase people eat it up.

I don't know what they're teaching you in College, but hopefully you've got some time left there.

Thanks for sharing. :P

Tyrone Bigguns
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
OF course he tryingto generate more webhits. More webhits = more money. You never stop trying to make money. Florio knows Favre is a cash cow. He knows he can make a buttload of money just putting out Favre stories as lonmg as they don't stray too far from the actual truth. He can put out insinuations and half truths becuase people eat it up.

I don't know what they're teaching you in College, but hopefully you've got some time left there.

Why don't you just change your avatar now...since you aren't even pretending to act like a mod.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 03:50 PM

Why don't you just change your avatar now...since you aren't even pretending to act like a mod.

lol. Ok, sure. I haven't been a "mod" in a month. I have no more access to change anything than you do. When MTP feels like removing the banner, he'll remove it. Until then, well, I guess you'll have to deal with it, now won't you?

Until then, maybe you should stick to questions that can be answered with a google search. That's more your speed.

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM

lol. Ok, sure. I haven't been a "mod" in a month. I have no more access to change anything than you do. When MTP feels like removing the banner, he'll remove it. Until then, well, I guess you'll have to deal with it, now won't you?

Until then, maybe you should stick to questions that can be answered with a google search. That's more your speed.

MTP? I thought there was a NEW owner. Or not. Or you can't tell. Or you're just trying to spread misinformation. But you don't care. Or something.

retailguy
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM

MTP? I thought there was a NEW owner. Or not. Or you can't tell. Or you're just trying to spread misinformation. But you don't care. Or something.

I don't recall seeing anything that gave a date when things were happening. Not from MTP anyhow. Could you point me in that direction?

The only thing that I read was "after the draft". If you could nail that down to a date, well, then I guess the new owner will remove the banner. Or something like that. :roll:

Fritz
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM

You free a man from the chains of moderation, and there's no telling what he'll do.....

mraynrand
04-30-2009, 05:13 PM

You free a man from the chains of moderation, and there's no telling what he'll do.....

Let my people go!

http://charltonhestonworld.homestead.com/files/ch-mosesnew6a.jpg

retailguy
04-30-2009, 05:16 PM

other than draft day, I think the lack of posts ought to tell you what I'm doing.

Nothing. This is someone elses problem now, and they are welcome to have at it.

cpk1994
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM

Thanks for sharing. :PAre you really that ignorant about business and the art of making money? There are ads on his website. the more poeple that come to his website, the more people see those ads, the more money his website makes for running that add.. Is it really that hard for you to understand that?

Fritz
04-30-2009, 06:27 PM

other than draft day, I think the lack of posts ought to tell you what I'm doing.

Nothing. This is someone elses problem now, and they are welcome to have at it.

When I read that line, I thought maybe KY was showin' you around Memphis...(there's a thread where this gets mentioned...somewhere nearby).

retailguy
04-30-2009, 09:03 PM

Thanks for sharing. :PAre you really that ignorant about business and the art of making money? There are ads on his website. the more poeple that come to his website, the more people see those ads, the more money his website makes for running that add.. Is it really that hard for you to understand that?

I've ran a profitable business for the last 15 years. How many businesses have you ran?

retailguy
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
When I read that line, I thought maybe KY was showin' you around Memphis...(there's a thread where this gets mentioned...somewhere nearby).

I think that'd be more fun than i'm allowed to have.

Memphis. 1st thing that comes to mind is BBQ at the Rendevous.... Mmm.
<sigh>

KYPack
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Go to the Cozy Corner BBQ when in Memphis.

And that Chicken joint, where I stole my favorite line,

"Only the rooster gets a better piece."

SnakeLH2006
05-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow is this a fun fucking read..Damn, if Snake was a betting man (no wait, I am) I'd put top dollar that CPK is stressing out right now, in a make-shift tent just off campus of the airport. With warpaint a glinting and the beef jerking getting devoured, just fucking polishing and repolishing the sights on his MP5, staking out camp at the Hattiesburg regional airport ready to snipe ANYONE that looks remotely official (aka NFL execs, coaches.....BRETT). :shock: :shock:

GrnBay007
05-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow is this a fun fucking read..Damn, if Snake was a betting man (no wait, I am) I'd put top dollar that CPK is stressing out right now, in a make-shift tent just off campus of the airport. With warpaint a glinting and the beef jerking getting devoured, just fucking polishing and repolishing the sights on his MP5, staking out camp at the Hattiesburg regional airport ready to snipe ANYONE that looks remotely official (aka NFL execs, coaches.....BRETT). :shock: :shock:

“Green raven this is CPK, over………………”

“Favre just cut his grass, he must be getting ready to go back to greenbay over…”

“Favre’s talking to a man outside his house…could be his agent over……”

“Green raven we have a visual, Favre is in his backyard throwing a football! I repeat Farve is in his back…….wait a minute… Damn its that big kid that lives next door!!!!! Disregard…………..”

Gunakor
05-01-2009, 02:13 AM

“Favre just cut his grass, he must be getting ready to go back to greenbay over…”

“Green raven we have a visual, Favre is in his backyard throwing a football! I repeat Favre is in his back…….wait a minute… Damn its that big kid that lives next door!!!!! Disregard…………..”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fritz
05-01-2009, 06:37 AM

“Green raven we have a visual, Favre is in his backyard throwing a football! I repeat Favre is in his back…….wait a minute… Damn its that big kid that lives next door!!!!! Disregard…………..”

Let's hope that Deanna doesn't walk outside in a bikini or the whole operation will be blown...no way CPK is gonna be able to focus on Favre at that point.

And I'm not even going to mention Favre's oldest daughter.