PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy on Rome today

gobias
04-30-2009, 11:13 AM
McCarthy is going to be on the Jim Rome show this afternoon at approximately 1:20. Heads up for those interested.

OkayKyle
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
As in... go buy us some coffee.

....I'm afraid the offer comes off the table at midnight tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzKfP_yFudk

channtheman
04-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm home all day so I'll probably watch it.

gobias
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Clarification, Chann, it's on his radio show.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2009, 11:34 AM
It would be an interesting drinking game to take a shot every time the name "Favre" is mentioned.

Probably be safe to return to work.

Spaulding
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
It would be an interesting drinking game to take a shot every time the name "Favre" is mentioned.

Probably be safe to return to work.

Or Jim "Chris" Everett :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57W05-oopNA

channtheman
04-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Clarification, Chann, it's on his radio show.

Does he have a website or anything with his radio show on it? I'm assuming you mean 1:20 central time, right?

gobias
04-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, 1:20 central. You can stream it from the WDUZ website or the site for Sports Radio 1250 out of Milwaukee.

channtheman
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, 1:20 central. You can stream it from the WDUZ website or the site for Sports Radio 1250 out of Milwaukee.

Thank you!

Joemailman
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
So what the hell did he say?

Fritz
04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I bet I can nail his comments on Favre without having even heard it....

He understands Favre is a free agent, yes. He doesn't know what Favre will do, though he knows Brett has retired and certainly has earned the right to do what he wants, etc. etc. He hasn't spoken to Brett yet but he certainly hopes to do so, to say hey and wish him well.

Brett Favre has and always will mean a tremendous amount to the Green Bay Packers. No, he hasn't heard specifically any plans to retire Favre's jersey, but he's sure it'll happen at some point.

He really doesn't want to rehash what happened last year any more. It's done and he wants to move ahead. He's excited about his team. He's looking forward to the season.

mission
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM

He understands Favre is a free agent, yes. He doesn't know what Favre will do, though he knows Brett has retired and certainly has earned the right to do what he wants, etc. etc. He hasn't spoken to Brett yet but he certainly hopes to do so, to say hey and wish him well.

Brett Favre has and always will mean a tremendous amount to the Green Bay Packers. No, he hasn't heard specifically any plans to retire Favre's jersey, but he's sure it'll happen at some point.

He really doesn't want to rehash what happened last year any more. It's done and he wants to move ahead. He's excited about his team. He's looking forward to the season.

What would MM have said about recent comments from Wist and the disappearance of Tex (on PR)?

Fritz
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM

What would MM have said about recent comments from Wist and the disappearance of Tex (on PR)?

Packer fans are very passionate about their team, probably moreso than any other fans. They criticize because they care; MM understands that. Every NFL coach understands that if fans are being critical, it means they care. MM is glad that Wist feels good about the draft; so does MM. He doesn't know anything about Tex's recent absence, but he's always appreciative of Packer fans, and is always surprised at how many Packer fans there are, no matter where you go in this country. Every where he goes, MM meets Packer fans. Even one time when he was vacationing in Guatemala, he met some cheeseheads in a tikki bar. Sure, they'll grill ya, but they're the best fans in the world.

gbgary
04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
i was hoping he'd rip rome's head off and shit down his neck. i hate that guy!

Fritz
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
i was hoping he'd rip rome's head off and shit down his neck. i hate that guy!

That was funny.

pbmax
04-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Packer fans are very passionate about their team, probably moreso than any other fans. They criticize because they care; MM understands that. Every NFL coach understands that if fans are being critical, it means they care. MM is glad that Wist feels good about the draft; so does MM. He doesn't know anything about Tex's recent absence, but he's always appreciative of Packer fans, and is always surprised at how many Packer fans there are, no matter where you go in this country. Every where he goes, MM meets Packer fans. Even one time when he was vacationing in Guatemala, he met some cheeseheads in a tikki bar. Sure, they'll grill ya, but they're the best fans in the world.
But what about pad level coach, is that as important as some people say?

SnakeLH2006
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM

Yep....lol....good stuff all ya, but ya could bet your first born, MM mentioned "pad level", "execution", and "getting back to basics" more than once. What does that shit really mean Mike. There's quite a few of you Rats, and quite a few coaches and players Snake would like to drink a beer with. I like MM, but damn that would be a boring ass time out at the bar hearing those catchphrases over and over.

Snake: Hey Coach, you see that hottie over by bar?
MM: I don't know about her pad level. Might have to bring that up at the next meeting.
Snake: No, Coach, her friend is hot too. Let's go talk to them.
MM: I know Snake, but it's all about execution. I have to check my playbook.
Snake: You are really pissing me off Coach. When's the last time you were out? Jesus man. Snake's taking them both home.
MM: I'm trying to get back to basics. Don't leave, Snake, Ted is stopping by with his new "friend" in a few minutes.
Snake: Ted had a great draft, but Snake's idea of great tight ends and wide receivers, is probably far different then Ted's rating. Sorry bro, Snake's out, thanx for the beer bro. (Snake calls Mission):lol: :oops:

Fritz
05-01-2009, 07:09 AM

Coach M shakes his head and smiles - though you can't see that on the radio. He says he knows people like to bring that up, but really, it's just one of the things that players need to learn and be aware of. It's no different than hand placement or footwork And these are things - techniques - that all rookies need work on, whether they're drafted in the first round or the last round. The position coaches - who do a great job on this, by the way - have been studying college film, and they'll create a program specifically for each player - based on which techniques need the most work. And yes, pad level is one of them. Leverage is very important in teh NFL. In college a guy can get away with poor pad level if he's bigger or more athletic than the other guy, but up here everyone's big and athletic, so you gotta get an advantage by using your leverage, and the only way you can do that is by keeping your pad level down.

KYPack
05-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Like, where is the part of this thread where somebody tells what coach Pittsburgh said in the interview?

ND72
05-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Yep....lol....good stuff all ya, but ya could bet your first born, MM mentioned "pad level", "execution", and "getting back to basics" more than once. What does that shit really mean Mike. There's quite a few of you Rats, and quite a few coaches and players Snake would like to drink a beer with. I like MM, but damn that would be a boring ass time out at the bar hearing those catchphrases over and over.

Snake: Hey Coach, you see that hottie over by bar?
MM: I don't know about her pad level. Might have to bring that up at the next meeting.
Snake: No, Coach, her friend is hot too. Let's go talk to them.
MM: I know Snake, but it's all about execution. I have to check my playbook.
Snake: You are really pissing me off Coach. When's the last time you were out? Jesus man. Snake's taking them both home.
MM: I'm trying to get back to basics. Don't leave, Snake, Ted is stopping by with his new "friend" in a few minutes.
Snake: Ted had a great draft, but Snake's idea of great tight ends and wide receivers, is probably far different then Ted's rating. Sorry bro, Snake's out, thanx for the beer bro. (Snake calls Mission):lol: :oops:

Tell him to go down to Tampa, I saw a ton of Tight Ends and Wide Receivers while I was there. To bad they had a bunch of down field blockers though....