PDA

View Full Version : Packers 25/1 odds to win SB

RashanGary
05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I think that is pretty good odds. I wouldn't mind dropping $40 on the chance to win $1,000.

Bodog will continue to add bets as the year goes on. I think the Packers are going to be underrated heading into this season (hopefully a regular season W/L line of about 8). If it's around 8, I'll bet $100 on them winning over 8 and then I'll split another 100 on them winning the division, winning the NFC and winning the SB.

I think the $100 on over 8 would be a pretty safe bet. Chances are I'd get that hundo back and take another hundo from the house. By winning 9 games, I'll have made my $200 bet back. Then there will be the division, NFC and SB championships. Every accomplishment would increase my winnings by a pretty large margin.

Anyway, the only thing I really know is the Packers. Last year I didn't bet anything because they were overrated (forget the lines, but I didn't feel confident at all. I almost bet on Aaron Rodgers throwing over 59% completion percentage, but bodog took that bet down the day before the season. I went to drop 100 on it, and it was gone. There were no other bets I felt confident in, so I didn't gamble last year.

I hope they're underrated this year (coming off the 6-10 season). I think there can be some good Packer bets this year.

Bretsky
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
So the over/under is 8 wins ? I'd take that bet on GB
Are there odds set up for over nine wins ?

Odds of Division ?

RashanGary
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
All I know is SB odds, B. The rest will come out as the season approaches.

Right now it's 25/1 SB odds. I'm just guessing how the rest will fall into place, but 25:1 tells the the rest will fall into place pretty favorably.

25:1 SB
12:1 NFC
5:1 NFCN
W/L line of 8 (if it's 7.5, I'm ecstatic)

my bet would probably go like this:

$100 on over 8 (to win 100, but you also get the 100 you bet back of course)
$50 on NFCN (to win 480, but also get your $50 back)
$25 on NFC (to win 300, but also get your $25 back)
$25 on SB (to win 625, but also get your $25 back)

In total I'll have bet $200 dollars.

If the Packers win more than 8 (even better if it's over 7.5), I'll break even (getting my 100 back + winning 100)

If the Packers win the division, I'll come out 530 ahead

If the Packers win the NFC, I'll come out 855 ahead

If the Packers win the SB, I'll come out 1525 ahead

Bretsky
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
All I know is SB odds, B. The rest will come out as the season approaches.

Right now it's 25/1 SB odds. I'm just guessing how the rest will fall into place, but 25:1 tells the the rest will fall into place pretty favorably.

25:1 SB
12:1 NFC
5:1 NFCN
W/L line of 8 (if it's 7.5, I'm ecstatic)

my bet would probably go like this:

$100 on over 8 (to win 100, but you also get the 100 you bet back of course)
$50 on NFCN (to win 480, but also get your $50 back)
$25 on NFC (to win 300, but also get your $25 back)
$25 on SB (to win 625, but also get your $25 back)

In total I'll have bet $200 dollars.

If the Packers win more than 8 (even better if it's over 7.5), I'll break even (getting my 100 back + winning 100)

If the Packers win the division, I'll come out 530 ahead

If the Packers win the NFC, I'll come out 855 ahead

If the Packers win the SB, I'll come out 1525 ahead

I'd probably drop 100 on winning 8 and another 100 on the NFC North

MJZiggy
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
How can we be 5:1 for the NFCN? There are only 4 teams!

RashanGary
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I'd love to set up a gambling website where the house takes almost no money.

Let's say you pay half a percent to the house (1 penny for every 2 dollars). My site would only make money because of the volume of bets. (the bets I see tend to have the house take about 10% by having the odds rigged against you)

You wouldn't bet against the house, you'd bet against other people. You could set your own parameters and then people could browse through bets and take the ones they want. (vegas wouldn't be setting odds, you would set your own or agree to someone elses).

By doing this, the only cost to gamble would be the .5% fee to bet. It's tiny. Small enough that if you're a good gambler, you'll win over time because you're beating other people (not beating the fixed house) and if you're a bad gambler or a gambler that doesn't know when to quit, you'll lose because you have no restraint and get beat by smarter people.

Anyway, that's my dream. If I ever move to a 3rd world, lawless country, that's going to be my business model.

RashanGary
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM

Bears are favorites right now, followed by Vikes. They'll get better odds.

2:1 for Bears
5:2 for Vikes
5:1 for Packers
10:1 for Lions

Or something like that

SnakeLH2006
05-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Those odds piss Snake off and Snake likes to bet. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and it was 6:1 for the Pack to win the NFC Championship and 13:1 to win the Super Bowl (which Snake put his money on.....go big or go home, eh?)....Either way, this is doubtful that a betting establishment would honor those figures JH, most likely sporting odds by analysts, as they look much better today after the draft then they did a few weeks ago when I took that bet. Shit...2 years ago, Snake put money down on GB to get to the SuperBowl (merely win the NFC at 36:1 odds when Brett threw that pick against NY)...So from an 8-8 team the odds were 36:1 to win the NFC, to 6-10 last year and the odds were 6:1.....Someone figure that shit out as Snake's guess is that Arizona fucked up all OUR bets, as anyone can go now. Still salty bout that Favre OT pick though...Cost me much cash. :evil: :evil:

Scott Campbell
05-02-2009, 05:42 AM

More like 3 and a half - until the Loins get their act together. Those 5:1 odds look pretty attractive.

RashanGary
05-02-2009, 06:40 AM
25:1 is the only one I know. I'll have to see the rest come out. It just looks like they have CHi and MIN ahead of us so I'm guessing the NFCC and NFCNC is favorable

sepporepi
05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
you can get 32:1 at betfair...
15:1 for NFC championchip

denverYooper
05-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd love to set up a gambling website where the house takes almost no money.

Let's say you pay half a percent to the house (1 penny for every 2 dollars). My site would only make money because of the volume of bets. (the bets I see tend to have the house take about 10% by having the odds rigged against you)

You wouldn't bet against the house, you'd bet against other people. You could set your own parameters and then people could browse through bets and take the ones they want. (vegas wouldn't be setting odds, you would set your own or agree to someone elses).

By doing this, the only cost to gamble would be the .5% fee to bet. It's tiny. Small enough that if you're a good gambler, you'll win over time because you're beating other people (not beating the fixed house) and if you're a bad gambler or a gambler that doesn't know when to quit, you'll lose because you have no restraint and get beat by smarter people.

Anyway, that's my dream. If I ever move to a 3rd world, lawless country, that's going to be my business model.

The only problem is that you'd probably have to pay out 20% on every bet in bribes and "protection fees" in a 3rd world lawless country.