PDA

View Full Version : What the heck does this mean?

AV David
05-01-2009, 09:27 PM
McCarthy made the following quote concerning Tyrell Sutton:

""Good little football player, I... He definitely has a chance. He has a spring in his staff and he's instinctive, so we'll see."

I don't know what it means, but I know what it sounds like it means.

KYPack
05-01-2009, 09:38 PM

""Good little football player, I... He definitely has a chance. He has a spring in his staff and he's instinctive, so we'll see."

Misquote?
Spring in his step, mebbe?
Or spring in his stuff?

"Spring in his staff" will require some 'Skin art' to be developed fully.

Joemailman
05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I think he's trying to light afire in DeShawn Wynn. Not that kind of fire.

Bretsky
05-01-2009, 09:43 PM
He said the same thing about the Biever last year

swede
05-01-2009, 10:04 PM
He's always been hard on the Biever.

SnakeLH2006
05-02-2009, 02:11 AM
He's always been hard on the Biever.

Damn, it needs to stop now! :lol: :roll: Else this thread, or entire forum will attract that one dude from the Packer Blog Threads that says something about the Beaver in EVERY post. It was mildly funny at first, but damn, that dude was relentless and went on for months about the Beaver. Please god no. :pc:

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2009, 02:13 AM

I don't know what your issues are, but that is exactly how I give a pep talk to my..... crap I just can't say it, sorry guys and gal.

KYPack
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM

It seems like there is always a "camp guy" every season.

Lot's of people were fired up about the Beav last season until it was revealed he was a dwarf.

Fritz
05-02-2009, 08:13 AM

It seems like there is always a "camp guy" every season.

Lot's of people were fired up about the Beav last season until it was revealed he was a dwarf.

But even a little person, apparently, can have a "srping in his staff." It's just not quite enough to get you on the football team, though you might prosper in other avenues...

About Sutton, one thing that I think the Packers' scout - John Dorsey, is it? - said that was of interest to me is that the Packers don't have anyone like Sutton on the roster...

Hmmm. Sounds like he has a shot as a third-down back.

Man, if Wynn has even one little hamstring tweak or out-of-shape dehydration moment, I imagine he's gone, gone, gone.

Waldo
05-03-2009, 12:54 AM
The other this that we really need is a kick returner, who is typically a RB on many teams. Blackmon isn't a very good kick returner, though he's a darn good punt returner. If any RB shows to be a good KR, IMO he is guaranteed a roster spot.

mission
05-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Sutton still holds the alltime Ohio HS rushing total record and has pretty much overplayed his expectations at every level.

im not saying he's gonna make the team, just sayin ... he's a mini walter payton (did i just say that?).

8-)

Lurker64
05-03-2009, 01:26 AM
It's not like there's a ton of competition for the #3 back. Since we didn't draft anybody, Jackson and Grant are all but guaranteed roster spots and the third place competition is between Wynn, Lumpkin, Sutton, and Blackman (if he makes it past the try-out). Since neither Wynn nor Lumpkin are really anything special (and aren't really different kinds of RBs than the #1 and #2 guys we've got), it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see Sutton make it.

That's probably why he picked Green Bay over everybody else who was courting him as a UDFA.

Freak Out
05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
If there is one player Rodgers needs lined up behind him on those critical plays it's a dwarf with a spring in his staff. :lol:

Freak Out
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Sutton looks like he could be a hell of a 3rd down back.

hoosier
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Sutton looks like he could be a hell of a 3rd down back.

I see what you mean.
http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/exposure/PA_ARTS%20Dwarf%20261856(3).jpg

woodbuck27
05-04-2009, 07:36 PM
It means:

It's too much information, and

Mike McCarthy talks funny. :D

Iron Mike
05-04-2009, 07:40 PM
It means:

It's too much information, and

Mike McCarthy talks funny. :D

He just needs to get his pad level down. :wink:

Zool