PDA

View Full Version : Revamped D will make secondary better

LL2
05-03-2009, 07:33 AM
With the front 7 much improved the secondary should be even better and see a lot more INT's.

Rastak
05-03-2009, 10:26 AM
With the front 7 much improved the secondary should be even better and see a lot more INT's.

Are you 100% sure their front 7 is "much" improved? A brand new defense being installed, new coaches and 2 rookies who likely will get prominent roles. That sounds like more questions than answers. That having been said, Green Bay's front 7 certainly "might" be better than 2008. I don't think it's cut and dried at this point. I think it's more likely an evolution during the season to being "much" improved.

mission
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Are you 100% sure their front 7 is "much" improved? A brand new defense being installed, new coaches and 2 rookies who likely will get prominent roles. That sounds like more questions than answers. That having been said, Green Bay's front 7 certainly "might" be better than 2008. I don't think it's cut and dried at this point. I think it's more likely an evolution during the season to being "much" improved.

Logical answer, hard to argue with it. But you must not have watched a lot of GB football last year. We couldn't stop anyone on the run ... almost by default, it's much improved. I'd even put a paycheck on it!

Gunakor
05-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Logical answer, hard to argue with it. But you must not have watched a lot of GB football last year. We couldn't stop anyone on the run ... almost by default, it's much improved. I'd even put a paycheck on it!

Our vets getting healthy again makes this front 7 much improved, and that's without the rookies and their contributions. Or the new scheme that will actually use the front 7 to, you know, do things on a football field instead of just chasing and tackling a ball carrier 4 yards beyond the first down marker.

RashanGary
05-03-2009, 12:07 PM

I'm in 100% agreement. They got better, no doubt. Coaching alone they got better, but Raji is a huge addition right out of the gate. He's legit right now.

KYPack
05-03-2009, 12:10 PM

I'm in 100% agreement. They got better, no doubt. Coaching alone they got better, but Raji is a huge addition right out of the gate. He's legit right now.

He did well in Senior Bowl practice, then tanked in the game. He's got a lot to prove on the field. He looks like a good prospect, but lacks pro technique. BJ is still a rook, no matter his great potential.

rbaloha1
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM

He did well in Senior Bowl practice, then tanked in the game. He's got a lot to prove on the field. He looks like a good prospect, but lacks pro technique. BJ is still a rook, no matter his great potential.

Yes, Raji is a rook but he still may command double teams which instantly upgrades the d-line.

denverYooper
05-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Word. They set the bar pretty low last year.