PDA

View Full Version : Havel says Favre to Vikings has a chance

RashanGary
05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Havel has sources within the clampett clan errr. . . . Favre camp. He's cryptic and very respectfull of his sources, to the point that he doesn't even mention having them.

Everyone knows Havel is the resident Favre butt kisser. In these years following the Packers and the Favre drama, I can say this guy is as accurate and reliable as you can get when it comes to predicting the unpredictable with this guy.

I don't want to say it's done, because he's not saying he thinks it's going to happen just yet, but he has enough sources within the Favre camp to shut it down and he definitely thinks it's open.

Get ready folks. This thing could be happening. At the very least, Favre is thinking good and hard about it. The Vikings have doled away picks for a couple years in a row. It's right now or never for them. The perfect storm has brewed.

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Get ready folks. This thing could be happening.

Great. When it does, let's talk about it. Until then, let's leave it alone. It's for the best.

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Was another thread really needed JH? I mean seriously. Havel is sying it could happen? Well then he is late. Everyone else reported that possibility the day Favre was released form the Jets. Havell is way way late to the game.

falco
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Great. When it does, let's talk about it. Until then, let's leave it alone. It's for the best.

right...because there is so much else to talk about this time of year. How about we all just meet back here when training camp starts?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM

right...because there is so much else to talk about this time of year. How about we all just meet back here when training camp starts?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you telling me that Favre to the Vikings is the only thing we could possibly be talking about here? What ever would we do if there were no rumors of Favre returning to the NFL? Talk about, gee, I don't know. Maybe the Packers?

We've seen now where a Favre debate leads. The battle that I had thought would be over by now continues to rear it's ugly head in multiple threads on the front page. There is no reason to have another one. If you have anything else to add, might I ask that you post your comment in one of the threads that have already been dedicated to the topic. Thank you.

RashanGary
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Was another thread really needed JH? I mean seriously. Havel is sying it could happen? Well then he is late. Everyone else reported that possibility the day Favre was released form the Jets. Havell is way way late to the game.

Havel is plugged in to those kooks. If he says there is a chance (after having a weekend to talk to sources), then Favre is thinking good and hard about it.

Like I said, Havel is cryptic but he's the #1 Favre source anywhere. He better than Mort. He's better than Peter King. King and Mort break news when Bus and Favre want them to. Havel doesn't break anything because he put his relationship with the Favre's over his job. He knows what's happening before hit breaks and I really believe, if the Vikings want him, this is going down.

You might not think it's news, but I trust Havel on this and if he's saying it, it makes it 10x more legit than some guy in NY saying it.

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Havel is plugged in to those kooks. If he says there is a chance (after having a weekend to talk to sources), then Favre is thinking good and hard about it.

Like I said, Havel is cryptic but he's the #1 Favre source anywhere. He better than Mort. He's better than Peter King. King and Mort break news when Bus and Favre want them to. Havel doesn't break anything because he put his relationship with the Favre's over his job. He knows what's happening and I really believe, if the Vikings want him, this is going down.

You might not think it's news, but I trust Havel on this and if he's saying it, it makes it 10x more legit.So what? This possibily has been covered by many reporters virtually said the same exact thing. Havel is basically rehashing.

Also, this didn't need its own thread. You had three others to choose from.

RashanGary
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I don't trust those other guys. Havel is the #1 trustable source on Favre. Anyone who has any gauge of who is reliable with Favre would consider this news and you can't get it anywhere else.

So yeah, I think it's news. In my own mind, hearing Havel has legitimized it for me and I think others who know will feel the same way.

falco
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Are you telling me that Favre to the Vikings is the only thing we could possibly be talking about here?

In a word, yes.

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Are you telling me that Favre to the Vikings is the only thing we could possibly be talking about here?

In a word, yes.

Okay then, if that's how you feel.

Note the number of threads on the front page discussing current events not related to Brett Favre. I suppose there must be something else to talk about.

It isn't that there's nothing else you could be talking about, rather there's nothing else you want to talk about. And that's fine. I don't have a problem with it. But please don't encourage the flooding of our forum with Favre topics again. We tried that once before, and it didn't work out too well.

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I don't trust those other guys. Havel is the #1 trustable source on Favre. Anyone who has any gauge of who is reliable with Favre would consider this news and you can't get it anywhere else.Oh really. WHo broke Favre's unretirement last year and got all those texts directly from Favre? It sure as hell wasn't Havel. Chris Mortensen, the man I speak of, said everything Havel said two weeks ago. When it comes to Favre, Mortensen is just as reliable based on last year alone.. This isn't news and defintely didn't need a new thread.

falco
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
When it does, let's talk about it. Until then, let's leave it alone.

It isn't that there's nothing else you could be talking about, rather there's nothing else you want to talk about. And that's fine. I don't have a problem with it.

:?:

But please don't encourage the flooding of our forum with Favre topics again. We tried that once before, and it didn't work out too well.

I'm not encouraging the flooding of our forum with Favre topics. I think JH was wrong to start this thread. But I don't appreciate you trying to quell the Favre discussion. It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)

sheepshead
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM

No shit. I think we all believe it's under consideration.

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM

It isn't that there's nothing else you could be talking about, rather there's nothing else you want to talk about. And that's fine. I don't have a problem with it.

But please don't encourage the flooding of our forum with Favre topics again. We tried that once before, and it didn't work out too well.

I'm not encouraging the flooding of our forum with Favre topics. I think JH was wrong to start this thread. But I don't appreciate you trying to quell the Favre discussion. It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)Exactly. JH is responsible for this worthless thread.

Freak Out
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Who cares how many Favre threads there are? You rocket scientists having a hard time finding your way to the undrafted free agent threads or something?

Scott Campbell
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM
It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)

Hey, I went 6 months without talking about it.

:lol:

cpk1994
05-04-2009, 04:54 PM
It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)

:lol:But that was 6 months with Tank and Ace. Talk about your cruel punishments. :lol:

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM

I'm not encouraging the flooding of our forum with Favre topics. I think JH was wrong to start this thread. But I don't appreciate you trying to quell the Favre discussion. It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)

Fair enough. You have to understand, after what I've spent the afternoon arguing with PB, on top of all of the posts I've made over the past couple of days warning about what Favre discussions always have and inevitably always will degenerate to, I really wish people would just drop the subject. I really think it is for the best, and I've been saying it for days.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2009, 04:59 PM

:lol:But that was 6 months with Tank and Ace. Talk about your cruel punishments. :lol:

I actually had some fun, and there are a handful of great posters there.

pbmax
05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Havel also predicted that rain has a chance tonight.

PackerBlues
05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Who cares how many Favre threads there are? You rocket scientists having a hard time finding your way to the undrafted free agent threads or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bbbffl66
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM

C'mon, the Sutton vs Lumpkin debate is raging in some circles!

GrnBay007
05-04-2009, 06:00 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I don't trust those other guys. Havel is the #1 trustable source on Favre. Anyone who has any gauge of who is reliable with Favre would consider this news and you can't get it anywhere else.

CPK (AKA Thread Control), I don't think there is anything wrong with JH starting a Favre thread reporting possible progress. It's kinda like he's thinking of Favre in a nice, warm, fuzzy kind of way. Kinda like that! :D

I can see where this is going though. Pretty soon some members will demand the Brett The Jet thread return and outlaw all Favre talk outside that thread. (p.s. I thought that was bs but followed the unwritten "rule") :roll:

As far as Favre talk creating arguments.....if some feel that way they should just ignore the thread ....or sit back and laugh at all the funny stuff being posted (like people believing they know exactly how things went down last year. There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors)

cheesner
05-04-2009, 06:52 PM

CPK (AKA Thread Control), I don't think there is anything wrong with JH starting a Favre thread reporting possible progress. It's kinda like he's thinking of Favre in a nice, warm, fuzzy kind of way. Kinda like that! :D

I can see where this is going though. Pretty soon some members will demand the Brett The Jet thread return and outlaw all Favre talk outside that thread. (p.s. I thought that was bs but followed the unwritten "rule") :roll:

As far as Favre talk creating arguments.....if some feel that way they should just ignore the thread ....or sit back and laugh at all the funny stuff being posted (like people believing they know exactly how things went down last year. There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors)
I think the issue is just starting a new thread. That Havel said the same thing other writers have does not merit its own thread but would be better to just add as a post to one of the other threads.

If everyone who believes they are taking a slightly different view point started a new thread, we would have 20 threads 2 posts long each, instead of 1 thread with 40 posts. A little easier to find your way around.

woodbuck27
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM

'' or sit back and laugh at all the funny stuff being posted (like people believing they know exactly how things went down last year. There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors) '' GrnBay007

I know what happened GrnBay007 and hey thanks for the acknowledgement (one of the five who knows).

The insider says:

The Packer Organization screwed Brett Favre. :shock:

50 years a Packer fan. woodbuck27

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
'' or sit back and laugh at all the funny stuff being posted (like people believing they know exactly how things went down last year. There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors) '' GrnBay007

I know what happened GrnBay007 and hey thanks for the acknowledgement (one of the five who knows).

The insider says:

The Packer Organization screwed Brett Favre. :shock:

50 years a Packer fan. woodbuck27

Yup. They did. The entire organization. All of 'em. Every last one of them needs to be punished for such heresy. Mark Murphy the most, for offering the guy 20 million dollars. Nothing says "Screw You" like "Here's 20 million dollars."

Zool
05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
This is going to be my last post on the subject (probably).

Anyone who feels that Favre is 100% innocent in this scenario is completely biased. You don't retire then just expect to be handed your job when you change your mind. Thats not the real world.

(/end)

hopefully

GrnBay007
05-04-2009, 10:32 PM
This is going to be my last post on the subject (probably).

Anyone who feels that Favre is 100% innocent in this scenario is completely biased. You don't retire then just expect to be handed your job when you change your mind. Thats not the real world.

(/end)

hopefully

I bet I can make you post again. :twisted: :P

Anyone who feels that TT is 100% innocent in the whole scenario is completely biased.

:D

Scott Campbell
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure what it has to do with being innocent. I believe Ted consistently acted in the best interests of the team. I believe Brett consistently acted in the best interests of his momentary whims.

Perhaps I'm completely biased.

GrnBay007
05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure what it has to do with being innocent. I believe Ted consistently acted in the best interests of the team. I believe Brett consistently acted in the best interests of his momentary whims.

Perhaps I'm completely biased.

zool was supposed to comment..............do you have to ruin everything!!!!!

:wink:

:P

Scott Campbell
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
.............do you have to ruin everything!!!!!

Ok, so I'll let Zool take this one then.

Or was it a rhetorical question?

GrnBay007
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
:lol:

Zool
05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
.............do you have to ruin everything!!!!!

Ok, so I'll let Zool take this one then.

Or was it a rhetorical question?

I'm sure you dont HAVE to ruin everything.

SnakeLH2006
05-05-2009, 03:19 AM

I'm not encouraging the flooding of our forum with Favre topics. I think JH was wrong to start this thread. But I don't appreciate you trying to quell the Favre discussion. It's silly to think that people won't be talking about it non-stop for the next 4 months. (or years)Exactly. JH is responsible for this worthless thread.

Yes we all can agree nothing but discension and dividing views come up when Brett's name is spewed, yet kinda funny.

As much as I do like Brett, most can spit opinions without going all stupid. But alas...It's like Troll Wars 2k9. We had JH vs. Partial the other day. Now JH vs. CPK. It's kinda like Mothra vs. Godzilla (without the epicness or grandeur..kinda sad...no...kinda like two monkeys throwing feces at each and eating it too, you see??....but it's really sad too...ok, but it's still fun to watch, a very, very little' bit.) LMAO.

Is there really a winner? Nope, just good chuckles and making Snake's beer seem that much damn tastier, knowing I'm not them. 8-) :shock: :lol:

Fritz
05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I am so, so tired of this whole "Favre to the Vikings" crap.

I mean, what if he signs with Houston? :)

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors)

Just Brett, Ted Thompson and 4 million Gretta Van Sustern viewers know for sure!

Both the Packers and Farve layed-out their cases for the public. When it became obvious that Favre's argument that he was mistreated was doggy doo, the story from Favre apologists became "we don't know what happened."

I think it really stinks to continue to imply that Thompson and McCarthy behaved unethically in the absence of any evidence. It is more honest to just say that you are mad because TT preferred Rogers over Favre as the starting QB.

cpk1994
05-05-2009, 08:11 AM

As far as Favre talk creating arguments.....if some feel that way they should just ignore the thread ....or sit back and laugh at all the funny stuff being posted (like people believing they know exactly how things went down last year. There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors)But it wasn't progress. Nothing HAvel said was any different from what any other reeporter, including Chris Mortenesen(you know the guy who broke the "unretirement" last year), has said already. Havel reported that Favre could go to Minnesota. Well, no shit sherlock. Tell us something we haven';t known for weeks. This is not about limiting Favre threads. Its about starting new thread when the content could be placed in on older thread with the exact same content.

pbmax
05-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Havel still reporting rain a possibility today. Clouds and wind possible too.

Stevogbfan
05-05-2009, 08:32 AM
There is really only about 5 people that actually KNOW what happened behind those closed doors)

Just Brett, Ted Thompson and 4 million Gretta Van Sustern viewers know for sure!

Both the Packers and Favre layed-out their cases for the public. When it became obvious that Favre's argument that he was mistreated was doggy doo, the story from Favre apologists became "we don't know what happened."

I think it really stinks to continue to imply that Thompson and McCarthy behaved unethically in the absence of any evidence. It is more honest to just say that you are mad because TT preferred Rogers over Favre as the starting QB.

i think you've hit the nail right on the head, enough with mr favre, he needs to hang out with his wife and kids and his tractor