PDA

View Full Version : A Definition of POWER.

woodbuck27
07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Vladimir Guerrero, #27-RF
AVG .304 - HR 19 - RBI 63 - RUNS 47 - SB 5 ('06 Stat's to date)

Ht: 6' 3" Wt: 235 Bats: R Throws: R
Salary: $12,500,000 College: None * Debut: 1996

* the story is, that he never played any organized baseball till he was 17 years old. He will turn 30 year's of age Sept.02.

I heard about him soon after the Expos drafted him, and I thought . . .
" we took a Russian? mmmmm - Didn't know they played baseball '.

Check this fella out if you want to see POWER !!

Tell me, if you are already a fan of Vladdy's. He's my man - BIG TIME !!!

It's Vladimir Guerrero and Brett Favre and they compliment one another - as exceptional - at what they do.

Go to; The Angel's Highlight's Video site below:

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=ana

and . . . click on the links as shown below:

July 14: TB @ ANA • Guerrero's homer: 350K

THAT ! Is a Definition of POWER.

Other Homers by Vladdy:

** July 6/06: ANA @ OAK • Guerrero's homer: 350K (pulled to left)

** July 2/06: LA @ ANA • Guerrero's homer: 350K (Opposite field drive)

** April 19/05: SEA @ ANA • Guerrero connects again: 56K | 350K (A notorious Badd ball hitter like the late Great Roberto Clemente. He hits bad pitches a long ways too - this one off his boot tops and out)

** April 5/05: TEX @ ANA • Vladimir Guerrero homers: 56K | 350K (Opposite field)

** May 4/05: ANA @ SEA • Guerrero's homer: 56K | 350K (Off the boot's and Deeeep to center field)

** June 29/05: ANA @ TEX • Guerrero connects: 56K | 350K (there is no, 'right way' too pitch Vladdy - AL MVP in '04)

** June 20: TEX @ ANA • Guerrero's two-run homer: 56K | 350K (one of my favourite's as you'll love 'the crack of the bat', and check out the sound when the ball lands over the left field fence - BOOM !)

** June 13/05: WAS @ ANA
• Guerrero's big night: 56K | 350K
• Guerrero's three-run HR: 56K | 350K
• Guerrero's lunging grab: 56K | 350K

First time he faced his former teammates - Formerly 'The Montreal Expos'. Nice guy. He's amazing. He's already hit over .300 for 9 consecutive season's. He has over 300 HR's. He 's not 30 year's old, yet.

** July 23/05: NYY @ ANA • Vlad's three-run HR: 56K | 350K (Deeeeeep to Center Field)

** July 21/05: NYY @ ANA • Guerrero's grand slam: 56K | 350K ( Vladdy smacks a long one - GRAND SLAM ! ) He really gets this pitch and it's outta there - GONE !!)

** July 10: SEA @ ANA • Vladimir Guerrero homers: 56K | 350K (Announcer: "That ball was tattered !" )

** July 4/05: MIN @ ANA • Guerrero's solo homer: 56K | 350K ( From his nose to his toes - that's where he goes. This one's - a BOMB ! )

** Aug. 12/05: ANA @ SEA • Guerrero crushes two homers: 56K | 350K
( DON't miss these two Upper Deck Smash's - THAT is - the Definition of POWER !!! These are the two I wanted to show you, and well. . I got carried away so went with it.

Another point, besides football I also enjoy Baseball.

How I became a Packer fan.

As a matter 'of fact', I became a Packer Fan back in 1959, because I was a Milwaukee Brave fan - beginning in 1955, and right there or totally absorbed, in 1957 and '58 - for those two World Series Vs. 'the hated Yankee's. LOL

Wisconsin = Milwaukee = Green Bay (for Life I expect) **

** Alot depends upon TT, LOL.

I followed Hank Aaron's entire career, an incredible ride for me. He was my HERO ,along with Warren Spahn and I had other's, but none like Henry Aaron.

I'm Canadian and of course it's hockey and I loved 'the Big M' Frank Mahovlich (Leafs,Wings,Canadians) a ton; and in the 70's - RW Guy Lafleur (le Canadians de Montreal) and even Sam Sneed in golf when I was young but. . my Oh MY -

Hammerin Hank was 'the Bomb' !

I read today that they my indict Barry Bonds ass, and I'll hate it, if he surpass's Hank Aaron's HR Record. Aaron was a fantastic baseball player and a solid man. His charity work, outstanding.

Now toss Brett Favre into the mix and I have had a wonderful life as a sports fan.These people I have mentioned have given me such enjoyment.

So when Brett Favre retires, all I'll have left as it is now - is Vladimir Guerrero. he is the complete ballplayer and oft compared to the man that was Aaron's greatest opponent for a Right Field All Star birth- the pirate's Roberto Clemente.That man was a fantastic ballplayer and a hero in his homeland.

Today in his homeland, the perception exists that the Dominican outfielder is an incarnation of Pittsburg's baseball patron saint.

Scott Kazmir said recently of Vladimir Guerrero:

"You don't really have a scouting report for a guy like that, You almost want to just throw it down the middle, because any other pitch -- high or low, inside or outside -- he'll get a piece of it."

"He's just an unbelievable hitter. He's just got great hand-eye coordination and is just a pure hitter. There's no way of setting up a guy like that."

This superstar of baseball with all the tools - hits for avg. and POWER can throw , play defence and steal and run the bases really well. Is as good as Aaron was, and the only thing that scares me a wee bit, is that he's a very good sized fella. Will his legs stand the test of all those games playing outfield and the way he hustles.

OK 'ya dirty Rats' here's one more;

Aug. 2/05: BAL @ ANA • Vlad's huge game: 56K | 350K
• Guerrero's second homer: 56K | 350K

THAT !!! Is POWER !!!!

That's ALOT of POWER!

woodbuck27
07-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Vladimir Guerrero did his thing again - last night.

He drove in his 1000th run and followed that up with a Grand Slam, his 20th HR of the season. 5 RBI's He now has 68 RBI's.

He raised his batting aversge to .306, after seeing that fall to about .290 in the worst prolonged slump of his major league career in June.He hit terribly last month but seems to have turned it around.

The Angels are now 1.5 games back in the AL West - and watch Vladdy turn it up.