PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu Where You Live?

oregonpackfan
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
What is the prevalence of Swine Flu where you live? Are you having school closures, etc.?

Here in Oregon we have had 17 confirmed cases of Swine Flu. This past weekend, Western Oregon University(in Dallas, OR) was closed as a student was confirmed to carry the virus.

An elementary school west of Portland(Cornelius) also closed as they had a couple of students confirmed to carry the virus.

Gunakor
05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I heard there were only a handful of confirmed cases here in Milwaukee, but still several dozen unconfirmed yet suspected cases.

MJZiggy
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
If my kid were in high school, he'd be off right now. We have probable cases, folks.

Freak Out
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Not up here yet...but I'm going to Portland this weekend so I'll probably get it.

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
If my kid were in high school, he'd be off right now. We have probable cases, folks.

goddamn panicked parent.

The hundred or so people in the U.S. who have contracted swine flu had very mild symptoms, it wasn't even bad by flu standards. (There is one exception, a baby who came from Mexico died in Texas, but hard to say why that case went that way.)

Swine is scary for what it MIGHT become in 6 months or so. So far, people who have swine flu have the equivalent of a flu shot.

HowardRoark
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Back when Packers gave a rat's ass about PackerRats pandemics.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/04/the-packers-once-tackled-swine-flu/

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
With everybody putting lipstick on pigs for this last election, something was bound to happen.

mraynrand
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm just glad I finally got my Gardasil.

MJZiggy
05-05-2009, 05:17 PM

goddamn panicked parent.

The hundred or so people in the U.S. who have contracted swine flu had very mild symptoms, it wasn't even bad by flu standards. (There is one exception, a baby who came from Mexico died in Texas, but hard to say why that case went that way.)

Swine is scary for what it MIGHT become in 6 months or so. So far, people who have swine flu have the equivalent of a flu shot.

Like that was our decision. Like we want perfectly healthy children home for 2 weeks needing daycare

Tyrone Bigguns
05-05-2009, 07:09 PM

goddamn panicked parent.

Like that was our decision. Like we want perfectly healthy children home for 2 weeks needing daycare

The little angels don't stay little for long. The grow up so fast. Treasure these gifts. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Swine flu has been downgraded to "the flu." School's back on and they said that if your kid is sick, to keep him home.