PDA

View Full Version : Sutton

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2009, 11:00 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/449675

I think Tyrell Sutton is an intriquing prospect. I like the short, thick running backs, Barry Sanders, Warrick Dunn types. He was excellent at Northwestern when healthy.

KYPack
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/449675

I think Tyrell Sutton is an intriquing prospect. I like the short, thick running backs, Barry Sanders, Warrick Dunn types. He was excellent at Northwestern when healthy.

He's a KR. That might get him a job. They'd like to focus Blackmon on PR's I'm sure. There's a logjam at RB, a back-up ST gig might earn the boy a roster spot.

I doubt it, but maybe.

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2009, 11:10 PM
who knows, he could make a run for the #3 spot. Wynn and Lumpkin are not on the way to Canton. The more the merrier.

Fritz
05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
who knows, he could make a run for the #3 spot. Wynn and Lumpkin are not on the way to Canton. The more the merrier.

Uh, Harlan, I thought you were one of the charter members of the DeShawn Wynn Fan Club...?!?! Remember? "Everyone's a Wynner"?

BTW, DeSshawn Wynn was in fact on his way to Canton...but then he pulled a hammy and couldn't make it. :rs:

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm very much a Wynner! But nothing wrong with a little competition.

You can't blame me for getting excited about Sutton, he was the finest running back at Northwestern since, well, Noah "Concrete Shoes" Herron. :oops:

I'm a Glutton for Sutton!

Fritz
05-05-2009, 07:57 AM
I think his nickname should be Tyrell "Willie" Sutton, after the famous gentleman bank robber. Every time I see the name "Sutton" I think of that guy, or I get mixed up and think people are writing about Josh Sitton.

That'd be fun to listen to..."Sitton is lined up to the right of Rodgers, behind Sitton> It's a handoff to Sutton...he's running behind Sitton. He breaks through like the defense is just sittin' down! Now Sitton's down!"

Lurker64
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I think his nickname should be Tyrell "Willie" Sutton, after the famous gentleman bank robber.

wait, so Wilie has a spring in his staff? I'm a little confused here.

rbaloha1
05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Lets not get too excited here --- recall Beaver from last years camp? What happened to the beaver?

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope Lumpkin gets the job done. I really liked the way he ran the ball last season when he got to play in pre season. He just looked, good. I'd like to see if he can catch the ball outta the backfield and if he can return kicks. The more things he can do, the better off we are.

Freak Out
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
It was good to read that Sutton is back in school to finish up but it will hurt his chances at making the team I'm sure.

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
It probably doesn't much matter who wins the #3 spot, but Sutton is certainly the guy with speed. I like Wynn, he's a natural runner, but not fast.

bobblehead
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I am hoping that some time on the practice squad recieving a considerable pay cut woke wynn up and he shows up motivated.....hoping being the key word.

hoosier
05-05-2009, 12:17 PM
It probably doesn't much matter who wins the #3 spot, but Sutton is certainly the guy with speed. I like Wynn, he's a natural runner, but not fast.

Sutton ran a 4.75 40 at the combine. That's almost as slow as our newly drafted fullback, Quinn Johnson (4.78). Sutton may be shifty but fast he is not. Wynn, by comparison, ran a 4.47. That's getting closer to fast. :lol:

rbaloha1
05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I hope Lumpkin gets the job done. I really liked the way he ran the ball last season when he got to play in pre season. He just looked, good. I'd like to see if he can catch the ball outta the backfield and if he can return kicks. The more things he can do, the better off we are.

Agreed. Nice forward lean. Deceptively quick. Its going to be an interesting battle with Wynn.

HarveyWallbangers
05-05-2009, 12:34 PM

I actually agree with pacopete on something. I watched the videos of Sutton. He's a nice college RB, but he looks slow. He looks Noah Herron slow.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM

I actually agree with pacopete on something. I watched the videos of Sutton. He's a nice college RB, but he looks slow. He looks Noah Herron slow.

Isn't it weird that most of us have ripped Herron to death about not being that good but the kid just sticks around in the league. Didnt he end up with Pitt last season?

DonHutson
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Isn't it weird that most of us have ripped Herron to death about not being that good but the kid just sticks around in the league. Didnt he end up with Pitt last season?

If you only get to play in an emergency role, then avoiding mistakes is probably more important than making plays. While Herron wasn't particularly gifted at anything, he was a smart guy who did what was asked of him and didn't screw up.

Those guys are a nice luxury to have if you have room for them. If this Sutton kid has the same Northwestern brains, that might be the factor that gets him on the roster.

Wynn is the anti-Herron, a talented doofus who turns coaches prematurely gray. It would be great if he gets his shit together at some point before it's too late. But if DeShawn keeps hitting the Midol this year, we need to move on.

Zool
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Fine I'll say something nice about Herron. He always played the blitz correctly as far as I can remember and he didnt drop anything in the flats from what I can recall.

Guy would lose in a footrace with my grandma tho.

Fritz
05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Lets not get too excited here --- recall Beaver from last years camp? What happened to the beaver?

I think the Beaver is sittin' on Sutton.

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM

I think the Beaver is sittin' on Sutton.

:lol: