PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Carter

Chevelle2
05-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey look! A thread not about Favre.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/obviously-ted-thompson-reads-chtv

But there IS word from Packer Report (sorry, sub required) that Kevin Carter’s agent, Harold Lewis, and the Packers’ Director of Pro Personnel Reggie McKenzie have been keeping in touch and that their is still definite interest on both sides.

KYPack
05-05-2009, 04:03 PM
With Jolly still up in the air, he'd be worth a look. He's old, but when he wants to go, he can do it.

pittstang5
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I would rather see Vonnie Holliday, but Carter is ok as well. I've already advocated that I think D-line needs a veteran player or two that have been in the 3-4, even better if they were coached under Capers.

cheesner
05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
If we do sign Kevin Carter, how do you think he would feel about Favre retiring or playing for the Vikings?

j/k :lol:

KYPack
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
If we do sign Kevin Carter, how do you think he would feel about Favre retiring or playing for the Vikings?

Didn't see the J/K when I posted this.

Kevin goes against the "TT way". He has made a lot of money in his career. 9 mil in the last 2 years. he wouldn't be signed at the beloved "veterans minimum". He's a bitch. 6'6" 305 and can play end or tackle, but not NT.

Lot's of people dog him, but he is a tough pro who knows every trick in the book and is still fast.

Partial
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
There was a blog entry about how good of a locker room influence they think he would be. I'm surprised he's a bitch. That said, I would love to bring in another end for depth. With Harrell looking good and Raji capable of playing end, I'm not sure how much we'll need Carter, but you can never have too much depth as we've learned.

I'm really becoming optimistic about this season. I don't want to commit to anything just yet but I think they'll be better than 9-7 at this point.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
I think bringing him in for a look would be a great idea and if he fits into a spot on our D rotation, then great.. just adds more talent to the mix!

Zool
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Big dude who can occupy blockers. Bring him in.

Chevelle2
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
He's a bitch?

Fritz
05-07-2009, 12:49 PM
This is an interesting instance of a reader possibly misconstruing another's use of a word. By "bitch" did KY mean - as I supposed - that Carter was a bitch to play against? Or as Partial thought, was it a reference to Carter's nature?

Or did KY mean that secretly, somewhere, Kevin Carter gave birth to pups?

Figuring words out. What a bitch.

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM

Kevin goes against the "TT way". He has made a lot of money in his career. 9 mil in the last 2 years. he wouldn't be signed at the beloved "veterans minimum". He's a bitch. 6'6" 305 and can play end or tackle, but not NT.

Lot's of people dog him, but he is a tough pro who knows every trick in the book and is still fast.THen how did Woodson and Pickett get here? According to your logic, thats not the TT way.

J/K :)

Scott Campbell
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM

Lot's of people dog him, but he is a tough pro who knows every trick in the book and is still fast.THen how did Woodson and Pickett get here? According to your logic, thats not the TT way.

J/K :)

Those guys were a LOT younger.

KYPack
05-08-2009, 08:51 AM
This is an interesting instance of a reader possibly misconstruing another's use of a word. By "bitch" did KY mean - as I supposed - that Carter was a bitch to play against? Or as Partial thought, was it a reference to Carter's nature?

Or did KY mean that secretly, somewhere, Kevin Carter gave birth to pups?

Figuring words out. What a bitch.

Yeah, bitch to play against. This had an almost universal meaning and understanding "in my day". As in "How's this guy play"? "Oh man, he's a bitch". In the tongue of the day, bitch means one tough ballplayer.

Ah CPK, stifle yerself. Thompson is usually reluctant to pick up an older guy who will then take reps from a younger kid with more upside. TT will do it, but it's not his usual modus operandi.

wist43
05-08-2009, 09:07 AM
With Jolly still up in the air, he'd be worth a look. He's old, but when he wants to go, he can do it.

That's what happens when you get old...

Like the song says, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" :D

Fritz
05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
The older I get, the better I was.

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote the Snake:

Kevin Carter will be on Pros vs. Joes playing before he's on the Packer roster. Deece show tho as they redid the format with Strahan and Jay Glazer. 8-)