PDA

View Full Version : HE'S BAAAAACCKK....!

MOBB DEEP
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
per ed werder, favre to meet with childress this week!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO...!

mission
05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
thanks for the thread

Rastak
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
favre to meet with childress this week!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO...!

Well, I was right in my other post some clown would start a new thread on this and lo and behold....who might it be? What a shock.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
favre to meet with childress this week!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO...!

Well, I was right in my other post some clown would start a new thread on this and lo and behold....who might it be? What a shock.

I think Mobb owes you 10 bucks

MOBB DEEP
05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
man, this cat is one of a kind; who does this? he will go down as the most recognized player EVER!

father, son, holy spirit, Lord Favre......

SkinBasket
05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO...!

I'm putting you in my ignore button.

mission
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
http://rebelrockrunners.org/gallery/d/15309-2/ban_him.jpg

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

oh Mission.. go fuck urself

MOBB DEEP
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks for the thread

actually i can dig it; if a moderator wants to delete this thread them im finw with it

i really dont want to be the source of angst for people....

mission
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM

Ban you too if you wanna go there. I wasn't even talking to you, but can gladly include you.

I think PR should be 21+ ... show IDs at the door.

mission
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks for the thread

actually i can dig it; if a moderator wants to delete this thread them im finw with it

i really dont want to be the source of angst for people....

Content doesn't bother me, just that we already have a bunch of threads for this one topic.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM

Ban you too if you wanna go there. I wasn't even talking to you, but can gladly include you.

im just sick of u on ur high horse... just shut the fuck up already

its a computer, turn it off if u dont like it.. simple

mission
05-05-2009, 06:43 PM

Can I see your ID, please? :hug:

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 06:44 PM

sure come on over and I'll show u it... and we'll go from there

MJZiggy
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Get a room! :P

mission
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM

sure come on over and I'll show u it... and we'll go from there

Not what ya want, internet tough guy. :smack:

Anyway, how'd you get back in here anyway? Just by default? PR was great without you ... not personal, just my preference.

On the contrary, it's great having Scott back.

No sweat tho, I won't acknowledge you outside of this thread, PP ... there are already enough threads getting ruined and steered off track that this should be (one of) my last.

:beat: :trll: :duel: :pc: :flag:

falco
05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
i'm glad scott is back too, he was a staple around here. paco, not so much.

although I'm still wondering - scott, what was up with that meltdown? you really blew a gasket!

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
i'm glad scott is back too, he was a staple around here. paco, not so much.

although I'm still wondering - scott, what was up with that meltdown? you really blew a gasket!

It was a political statement. Did I go too far?

falco
05-05-2009, 07:06 PM

I'm afraid I'm in no position to judge that. But it certainly took some cojones!

Welcome back either way - you were sorely missed.

SkinBasket
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM

I'm afraid I'm in no position to judge that. But it certainly took some cojones!

Welcome back either way - you were sorely missed.

Amen. I'm glad I can say that now without being told to go eff myself.

falco
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
also, have you joined into the no avatar club or what?

RashanGary
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Missed havin ya around too, SC.

digitaldean
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Let him come back, big frickin' deal. He has the right to do what he wants, but if he wants to play out his petty vindictiveness then he will look just that, IMO, petty.

He will have the legacy of what he brought to this team, there is no doubt there.

But he runs the risk of alienating a good chunk of his supporters just to get his pound of flesh. I really think he hasn't thought of the long term ramifications this will have on how some fans will view him here.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that the Packers still beat the Vikings out for the division or better still sweep the Vikes and win the division. What will Brett do then? Come back for another season just to push his grudge along?

I will boo when he comes on the field because he is the opposition, pure and simple. No hatred, just that he has the other team's jersey on.

I think the thing that galled me most over the past several years is the "will he or won't he" soap opera. Each season kept getting more focused on him, not the team, which he was the de facto leader of. The times when he has succeeded in the post season he was deservedly lauded. But when he failed in the post-season a lot of people cut him slack.

This time I think it is best for him to be magnanimous and not let this pissing match he has with TT fester into something that will harm his reputation. He does have the right to do what he wants, but if he cares about those who adored and cheered him on in Green Bay, he won't play for the Vikings.

But, IMO, that ship has sailed. I think he'll play for the Vikes. He's too caught up in trying to rub TT's face in the dirt.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
He does have the right to do what he wants, but if he cares about those who adored and cheered him on in Green Bay, he won't play for the Vikings.

But, IMO, that ship has sailed. I think he'll play for the Vikes. He's too caught up in trying to rub TT's face in the dirt.

If he has the right to do what he wants (free agent), then why hold it against the guy for actually going to the team that would be the best fit for him? Wouldn't you do that? Sure, he wants to get back at TT, but you cannot tell me another team out there that would be a better fit for Favre as a player.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
also, have you joined into the no avatar club or what?

Joe our new Admin has restored me to all my glory! Hooray for Joe!

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 08:18 PM
He does have the right to do what he wants, but if he cares about those who adored and cheered him on in Green Bay, he won't play for the Vikings.

If he has the right to do what he wants (free agent), then why hold it against the guy for actually going to the team that would be the best fit for him?

Because we also have the right to do what we want. And right now, I want to boo. Loudly.

digitaldean
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM
If he has the right to do what he wants (free agent), then why hold it against the guy for actually going to the team that would be the best fit for him? Wouldn't you do that? Sure, he wants to get back at TT, but you cannot tell me another team out there that would be a better fit for Favre as a player.

If I follow Brett's reasoning, then I have the right to call my boss every dirty name in the book if I want to. I definitely can do that. But if I do that, without thinking of the long term ramifications, I'm torpedoing my job and future employment because of it. If Brett carries this spurning by the Packer brass any further, he'll run the risk of being a laughing stock.

I revere the man, as a player, too much to see that happen.

Sure, he's still very pissed about how the whole divorce went with the Packers and that they didn't give into his wishes when he wanted to come back on his own terms. Sometimes I think he fails to realize how much the Packers stuck their neck out for him to get him out of Atlanta.

Almost no player gets to leave on their own terms. Some through injury, some flat out cut from the team. If he doesn't get a ring in this, then it's a failure. It's his gamble, but IMO it's his reputation and standing with some of the Packer faithful he's placing as the stakes.

BallHawk
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Without reading the thread and by looking at just the title and creator I can assume that this thread is either

A ) A repeated Favre thread

B ) A thread about the second coming of the messiah

Am I right?

gbgary
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

Partial
05-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Without reading the thread and by looking at just the title and creator I can assume that this thread is either

Am I right?

Actually it's about Rodgers second season as starter. "He's back (in a starting role)". Duh!

DannoMac21
05-06-2009, 12:04 AM
per ed werder, favre to meet with childress this week!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO...!

I remember my first boner.

gex
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
lol :D

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Opinions and attacks drive this thread for good or bad, but goddamn can Snake say as a man, I support Brett (as long as the Pack beats him on gameday or the division) and Arod, MM (as long as he wins) and TT (drank too much Scotch with him on Draft Day 2009)?

Seems this shit with Brett is devolving into 2008 Brett vs. TT again. Who cares? He's off our hands and let him play if he wants. As much as Snake likes Brett, the player, he's not half the threat he was in his prime (he's 40, bum arm) but still damn entertaining. Fuck it bring it Brett. Who cares. Half of you act like he pissed on your grandma's grave. It's fucking entertainment. Good stuff. If he gets a SB, it adds to his legend, if not, he's a diva. Who cares? Look at it objectively. He's the shell of his former self and needs help to win (ala Elway late in his career)..Driven by anti-TT shit...sobeit, we are still the better team and damn if that ain't a book Snake would buy whenever Brett retires.

Bottom Line:

1) He's not a threat with a bum arm/age.
2) If he wins....sobeit. That's HIS pergogative. He's not Packer property and I for one enjoy seeing him play. Who gives a fuck unless you are really so callous to hate on the best thing to happen to GB since the 60's? I don't care if he plays or doesn't, but if he does, sobeit, does anyone really think Brett cares about legacy? He just wants to win. And Minn. gives him a great chance with that O and D. Let him play...Brings great drama to the PR forums at least.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Lets trade Arron Rodgers.

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:38 AM

LOL. No one would really mean that as he's the man of course unless you are Partial. Arod's a young beast and love that dude. I know it was in sarcasm, yet Partial after everything that has gone on in this drama division of the NFC North....would you want Cutler or Favre or Arod or Stafford to lead this GB team if you could pick one, for one season? That is the true question. Snake is drooling to hear this one........

Partial
05-06-2009, 01:39 AM
For one season... Cutler. Long term... toss up between Rodgers and Cutler. Not sure, but leaning towards Cutler. Will know more after this year. Who would you want?

Pacopete4
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
For one season... Cutler. Long term... toss up between Rodgers and Cutler. Not sure, but leaning towards Cutler. Will know more after this year. Who would you want?

Cutler. With MM's coaching with that beast of a talent... that kid would be Favre in 07 for the next 10 seasons.

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:58 AM

Cutler. With MM's coaching with that beast of a talent... that kid would be Favre in 07 for the next 10 seasons.

It's tough to say, but Arod for now. I like the kid and posted nuts stats and DID NOT get hurt. I hate Cutler not cuz he's a physical beast and good coaching can make him better, but ARod based on last season is NEAR elite and is in OUR program....And is not a nut case EMO batch ass punk like Cutler. Used to like Cutler but read so many SI SN and ESPN articles where Cutler sounds like a punk. Don't want that shit in GB. Talent is moot as ARod is better stats wise now....and definitely not a cancer (wow was he great in the Favre debacle to not call out anyone and manup....good stuff for him) yet Cutler is a weenie punk for EVERYTHING he's said/done in the media. Cutler might be great, but a punk in Snake's book as he feels he's deserved more than he's shown (and that is not much...no playoffs, average QB play). Good arm or not......Glad my team doesn't have Cutler as QB when we have ARod. Dude was way down in confidence until 2008 in Snake's book. Now, I love this guy. Seems like a good guy to boot. Go PACK!

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Missed havin ya around too, SC.I agree. BUt why did you have to bring back paco, Mobb and Gex with you? We were better off without the children of the Three Stooges. :)

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Missed havin ya around too, SC.I agree. BUt why did you have to bring back paco, Mobb and Gex with you? We were better off without the children of the Three Stooges. :)

Ahh..yes a GC poll would do it, but who are you to call anyone out. Snake isn't alone and alas, you are the troll of trolls CPK. All you do is call EVERYONE out, yet you are so, so very alone in all you say day after day. At least those dudes are passionate about what they like, all you do is spew HATE for all thing GB and all those who speak passion. Is Snake wrong, fuck no, you sir have been deemed a hater for some time and sick of it as is EVERYONE on here. Hate on me, I won't respond, but you sir are a hater. Nothing but snarky putdowns and ill remarks. Can't believe you are allowed to post on here. Paco, Mobb, and Gex are good posters overall but like Brett. You don't like ANYTHING. Thus those 3 stooges are > than CPK. Quit your hating/bitching. No one likes it. Go ahead and fire back. It just proves your stupidity for hating all things Packers. Please give it up. Hopefully the new Admin. see this.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:06 AM

Am I right?You are correct, O mystical Carnac! :lol:

Guiness
05-06-2009, 02:47 PM
y'know, my opinion is that it's foolish of him to try and come back. And I would point primarily to the end of last season with the Jets as the reason.

But what I hate the most about this is the way our forum is getting polluted with Favre threads for the 2nd (3rd?) straight year.

Countdown to HH wanting a Favre room, and someone going off like a bottle rocket about it 10...9...8...

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Countdown to HH wanting a Favre room, and someone going off like a bottle rocket about it 10...9...8...

pretty funny dude

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
But what I hate the most about this is the way our forum is getting polluted with Favre threads for the 2nd (3rd?) straight year.

Maybe this year if things get that out of hand again someone will move the Favre stuff to the GC. Wishful thinking, I know.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM

unfortunately rodgers stands to be the 3rd or 4th best qb in division

dayum!

mission
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM

dayum!

Probably 5th... Vikings will have Sage, yanno... IT factor.

cpk1994

dayum!I wouldn't automatically assume FAvre will be better. ARod was better than FAvre statistically last year. I see no reason(barring a major injury to ARod *knock on wood for ARod's health) for that to be any different. It will between Cutler and Rodgers for Best in division.

MOBB DEEP
y the heck is childress flyn down to mississippi?

favre should be flyn to minny

no wonder he's a diva; everyone caters to him

'cept the great ted (infamy) thompson

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

'cept the great ted (infamy) thompsonRemember that last HC that catered to Favre? FIRED!

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM

And Big Irv.

Those people aren't doing the guy any favors.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM

And Big Irv.

lmao

interestingly they say favre has become quite the introvert the past few years...im sure that can b at least partially attributed to irv passn and other traumatic events

they say he has no one to chill with and watch the games on sundays, no REAL friends

poor guy...

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM

'cept the great ted (infamy) thompsonRemember that last HC that catered to Favre? FIRED!

OT but imo MM is NOT a good coach

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM

And Big Irv.

lmao

interestingly they say favre has become quite the introvert the past few years...im sure that can b at least partially attributed to irv passn and other traumatic events

they say he has no one to chill with and watch the games on sundays, no REAL friends

poor guy...

I think he might enjoy retirement a lot more than he thinks.

Karl Malone has spent some time in UT this year because the passing of Larry Miller - the owner of the Jazz. Despite their often public feuding, Karl and Larry were very, very close. Almost like a father son relationship. We haven't heard a peep around here out of Karl since he retired - until Larry passed. When Karl came back into town for the funeral, he and others close to him opened up a bit about his experience with retirement.

I remember reading that Karl enjoys it not being all about Karl anymore. It's all about his wife and kids. I think a great weight has been lifted from his shoulders. Maybe Brett can find some of the same peace after he hangs it up.

There's are many interesting parallels between Karl and Brett. Most notably, Karl played his last year in LA - the Jazz's main rival.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:48 PM

OT but imo MM is NOT a good coachThats becuase you hjold him responsible(as well as TT) for Favre not still being in GB and foir not sucking up to the diva. 3 of the last 4 coaches Favre played for got fired. If I am Childress I'd stay away for his own job security.

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 03:52 PM

OT but imo MM is NOT a good coach

How about Mangenious? He was fired too, ya know.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM

OT but imo MM is NOT a good coachThats becuase you hjold him responsible(as well as TT) for Favre not still being in GB and foir not sucking up to the diva. 3 of the last 4 coaches Favre played for got fired. If I am Childress I'd stay away for his own job security.

maybe favre is a coach killer

mraynrand
05-06-2009, 04:45 PM
maybe favre is a coach killer

http://www.foodkake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/n674280427_1759547_3617.jpg

DannoMac21
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM

dayum!

Probably 5th... Vikings will have Sage, yanno... IT factor.

Don't forget about Daunte, unless of course Rodgers was already behind him in Mobb's post.

What's funny is, Rodgers IS the best QB in the NFC North, but if Favre was on the team, then we honestly might have the 3rd or 4th best QB in the division. Ironic how things are.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM
There's such a huge risk for Favre. Even if he leads the Vikes into the SB, it's not going to gain him much affection in many quarters. There's so much at risk - getting hurt, looking bad, playing badly.

Hey...What if it's about the money, after all is said and done? That'd be funny if it wasn't sad.

pbmax
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Image of sometihng cookin'...

OK, I'll bite, what is that a picture of?

MJZiggy
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Image of sometihng cookin'...

OK, I'll bite, what is that a picture of?

Stirring shit?

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
over there at purplepride.org only 60% of vikes fans want favre

they probably secrectly do but cant bring themselves to say it right now: they'll be that same ones sweatn him when/if he arrives with childress fri morn....

mission
05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
over there at purplepride.org only 60% of vikes fans want favre

they probably secrectly do but cant bring themselves to say it right now: they'll be that same ones sweatn him when/if he arrives with childress fri morn....

PurplePride? Maybe Favre is a good fit over there...

Fritz
05-07-2009, 06:34 AM
It's really hard not to have flashbacks to last offseason, and it's getting harder and harder to believe the Favre/Bus Cook machine. In this morning's recap in the JSO, Cook denies that Favre is talking to the Vikes via Childress, and says when he (Cook) talked to Favre, Favre said he didn't know where that talk was coming from. However, according to the same article, when texting back and forth with the NFL Network, Favre refused to confirm or deny that he was talking or going to talk with Childress.

Sigh. It's like a car wreck - it's hard not to watch.

MOBB DEEP
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
that schmuck brian bellick maintains that if favre is healthy and is committed to the team from the ota's on, the vikes vault to the top of his superbowl list

the charade continues however; apparently childresss has yet to meet with favre and agent bus cook states that he knows nuthn about a scheduled meeting! wat in the wide world of sports is going on??

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
It's really hard not to have flashbacks to last offseason, and it's getting harder and harder to believe the Favre/Bus Cook machine. In this morning's recap in the JSO, Cook denies that Favre is talking to the Vikes via Childress, and says when he (Cook) talked to Favre, Favre said he didn't know where that talk was coming from. However, according to the same article, when texting back and forth with the NFL Network, Favre refused to confirm or deny that he was talking or going to talk with Childress.

Sigh. It's like a car wreck - it's hard not to watch.Not to mention on Monday Trent Diler reported that when he texted Brett to ask him if he was coming back with the Vikings, Trent said Brett texed "NO" in capital letters" Chris Mortensen chimed in claiming Brett wasn't answering the question Dilfer asked and that his answer was to the question "Did you hire a personal trainer?". No one can keep their stories straight.

EDIT: Kind of funny also that BRett denies that he is talking to CHildress, yet Childress hasn't denied it at all.

MOBB DEEP
05-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Sigh. It's like a car wreck - it's hard not to watch.Not to mention on Monday Trent Diler reported that when he texted Brett to ask him if he was coming back with the Vikings, Trent said Brett texed "NO" in capital letters" Chris Mortensen chimed in claiming Brett wasn't answering the question Dilfer asked and that his answer was to the question "Did you hire a personal trainer?". No one can keep their stories straight.

EDIT: Kind of funny also that BRett denies that he is talking to CHildress, yet Childress hasn't denied it at all.

good to see you're following the brett saga as well; u KNOW you really love him and all he stands for. admit it..packer nation cant banish you

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 10:29 AM

good to see you're following the brett saga as well; u KNOW you really love him and all he stands for. admit it..packer nation cant banish you

Screw off Troll! I just passed along info. The admin should ban your ass immediately becuase you are a nothing but a douchebag with the mind of a 4 year old who is stirring up shit. Learn the english language while you are at it.

cpk1994
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Well, Childress is NOT in Mississippi. In fact he was filmed by Minneapolis TV stations walking into the Vikings complex this morning.