PDA

View Full Version : Who will buy a Brett Favre Vikings jersey?

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
just kinda curious here..

Scott Campbell
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Do they come with the lighter fluid?

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM

man, we gotta get u a microphone.. uve been on a roll today! haha :lol:

MOBB DEEP
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM

man, we gotta get u a microphone.. uve been on a roll today! haha :lol:

i know right...

im SURE no one will be surprised to learn that i have favre pack and jets jerz

only jerzs i own other than larry bird indiana state throwback

i actually kinda agree with jim rome that if you're over 10 you shouldnt b wearing another man's name on your back

but bird and favre.........

bobblehead
05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry, but I'm in total agreement with Rome...I believe in honoring great people....not guys born with athletic talent. When I was 15 I got my only jersey ever....Dan Marino. I wore it until I was 17 and realized he was less worthy of respect than my mother. I have never since owned a players jersey.

mraynrand
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
If Favre joins the Vikings, he will become my most hated Viking player EVER. Why? because it's out of spite for the Packer organization. Fuck him. I hope he gets his vindictive crummy fat ass pounded into the ground. Fucking traitor.

Pacopete4
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry, but I'm in total agreement with Rome...I believe in honoring great people....not guys born with athletic talent. When I was 15 I got my only jersey ever....Dan Marino. I wore it until I was 17 and realized he was less worthy of respect than my mother. I have never since owned a players jersey.

I think buying jerseys, having them signed on hung in a case on the wall of ur sports room in your house is nice...

Bretsky
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I've always like the Vikings colors, but could never buy one of their jerseys

Lurker64
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM

I proudly own and wear a Rob Davis jersey, Mr. Davis has proven himself to be a man worthy of my respect by my standards at least.

pasquale
05-05-2009, 10:17 PM
wearing a man's jersey is foolish if age > 10 but talking about the ifs, coulds, woulds, and wills of favre playing this year isn't?

show some support for your team or player even if there's revenue sharing. and i dont even want to get into anyone's agreement with jim rome...christ

Bretsky
05-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Jim Rome; IMO he's turned into about the dullest uninteresting sports guy on the radio.

gbgary
05-05-2009, 11:06 PM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

Zool
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorta OT, but I had a friend who was a Cardinals fan. He went to the Metrodome in 89 to watch the series. He bought a homer hanky and proceeded to wipe his ass with it everytime the Cards got a hit.

I guess I might get one to burn in effigy but thats the extent of my purchasing of any Vikings apparel.

Chevelle2
05-05-2009, 11:46 PM

I am pretty young so I only remember the last couple of years og his career. What did he do that was so despicable?

Partial
05-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Jim Rome; IMO he's turned into about the dullest uninteresting sports guy on the radio.

I like Romey. I don't think he knows anything about sports, but his show is really entertaining. Dan Patrick's up there too.

th87
05-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Out with it - who voted yes?

If Favre plays for the Queens, he'll be the biggest traitor in sports history. I can't think of anyone coming close. And since Benedict Arnold has lost its meaning after 200+ years, maybe even American history.

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Who cares, but there is no option for us that own no Favre jerseys or WILL NOT buy any. Snake is a HUGE packer fan but doesn't own shit for apparel. The colors suck. Won't/and haven't owned any Favre apparel...Please amend the poll. 8-)

Pacopete4
05-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Who cares, but there is no option for us that own no Favre jerseys or WILL NOT buy any. Snake is a HUGE packer fan but doesn't own shit for apparel. The colors suck. Won't/and haven't owned any Favre apparel...Please amend the poll. 8-)

sorry snake, I wasn't thinking of people who don't wear jerseys.. my bad bro

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:46 AM

sorry snake, I wasn't thinking of people who don't wear jerseys.. my bad bro

That's not true...in my late teens/early 20's Snake acquired over 100 vintage/authentic jerseys online on Ebay, etc. I used to sport the athletic apparel all the time (as was/is a jock and chicks loved it) but finished college and sport now good threads, not jerseys, but still own everyone from Bronco's Jerseys to Vick (my last and damn do I regret that shit). Just go with the flow, but the Packers jerseys looked like ass and haven't worn one for years. Used to everyday. Never liked the Packer colors and still don't......althougth I would like a Chuck Cecil/Brian Noble jersey. Snake has moved on and is not 20 anymore when it was fun to wear jerseys, but goddamn I must have over 100 "authentic jerseys" in my closet. My fave and remember insane sex times with co-eds was my Keshawn Johnson Jets jersey...man did Snake hit some ass at a frat parties (memories..yum..) wearing that shit. 8-) :lol:

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:04 AM
If Favre joins the Vikings, he will become my most hated Viking player EVER. Why? because it's out of spite for the Packer organization. Fuck him. I hope he gets his vindictive crummy fat ass pounded into the ground. Fucking traitor. :shock: :lol:

But seriously, I don't brand any Viking "My Most Hated". Why you ask? Becuase I hate all Viking players same way. I'm very much equal-opportunity in that regard.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 05:56 AM
If Favre joins the Vikings, he will become my most hated Viking player EVER. Why? because it's out of spite for the Packer organization. Fuck him. I hope he gets his vindictive crummy fat ass pounded into the ground. Fucking traitor. :shock: :lol:

But seriously, I don't brand any Viking "My Most Hated". Why you ask? Becuase I hate all Viking players same way. I'm very much equal-opportunity in that regard.

Still, that was a hilarious line.

Aaron12odgers
05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
i actually kinda agree with jim rome that if you're over 10 you shouldnt b wearing another man's name on your back

I thought rappers love wearing throwback jerseys. No?

http://gaysocialites.com/photos/fabolousduvetkilling.jpg

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Still, that was a hilarious line.Indeed.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Is that a Miami heat jersey? If it is, it can't be a throwback jersey. The Miami Heat haven't been in existence long enough to have a throwback jersey.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 10:35 AM

lol

who is that so called rapper?

Pack-man
05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Can't believe anybody on a Packer forum would vote yes. If you would own a Viking jersey, you're not a Packer fan PERIOD!

DonHutson
05-06-2009, 11:41 AM
The correct answer to the question "who would buy a Vikings Favre jersey?" is: Viking fans, until sometime around the end of September. After that sales will plummit along with Favre's QB rating and Childress's prospects for continued employment.

oregonpackfan
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Will the Vikings soon be marketing Purple Panties with #4 on them?

Curious minds want to know... :lol:

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Curious minds want to know... :lol:How about #4 suppositories?

Zool
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM

I would think that would be #2

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Man. Which side of the argument would buy those?

swede
05-06-2009, 12:00 PM

Man. Which side of the argument would buy those?

It depends upon whether or not you enjoy using them.

mission
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Throwback jerseys were popular in like ... 04 ... 05 maybe ...

Haven't seen a single one on the streets outside of a couple crackheads who wear the same Josh Smith jersey every day (but that's not even throw back)

(Don't know who the rapper is ... not an Atlanta guy)

Aaron12odgers
05-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Not sure. Couldn't find a pic of Ice Cube in a throw back jersey, so had to use that one. Got it off via google pics.

Ice Cube is a pretty good rapper, but he's a better actor, IMO.

Fritz
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM

Curious minds want to know... :lol:

Here's the really good marketing take on your idea, Oregon:

You know those panties that are out there that say "No" all over them, but then when the lights are off the "No's" fade and the word "Yes" appears instead?

Those should be sold in Purple with the #4 on them, and in January, February, and March they would say "No," in April they would say "Maybe" and in May, June, and July they would say "Yes."

You could sell a bunch of those.

MOBB DEEP
05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
yeah, throwbacks are sumthn u mite wear to ur family's cookout or small gathering with old school homies

then again, if u got swag u can wear whatever whenever i.e, do u! cant be a slave to trends...

i wear mine to the gym

ice cube is a legend!

Bossman641
05-10-2009, 02:08 AM

Not sure. Couldn't find a pic of Ice Cube in a throw back jersey, so had to use that one. Got it off via google pics.

Ice Cube is a pretty good rapper, but he's a better actor, IMO.

Isn't that Fabolous in the picture?

Looks like him to me.

MOBB DEEP
05-10-2009, 11:42 PM
u r right

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
will it become #1 selling jerz? or vick da greats?

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Make it stop.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
RIP Paco. You would have enjoyed today.

mraynrand
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't wear jerseys or other athletic apparel for daily wear. I do enjoy donning a Green Bay jersey on game day. Had a couple of Favre jerseys that were respectfully retired at the end of the 2007 season. I now enjoy the Aaron Rodgers jersey. Time to move on. Yep, I feel a twinge of pain seeing the purple, and I wish ol' #4 realized it wasn't TT he was hurting, but what can you do? The guy's emotional, competitive and that's a huge part of why we loved him to begin with.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
ordering mine tonite, NFLShop.com had em on sale at 4 est for $109.00

MJ, are u gona send me your favre pack jerz so i can have the trifecta? hook your boy...

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:21 PM
He's fithy traitor scum.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

WHY THE HECK DIDNT DRIVER MAKE A PLAY ON THE FRIGGN BALL????

dayum

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:26 PM

dayum

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=18297

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Favre's doesn't have a prayer. His Jet jersey sold well because a lot of GB fans bought them. Now I sense impending bonfires all over GB.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Favre's doesn't have a prayer. His Jet jersey sold well because a lot of GB fans bought them. Now I sense impending bonfires all over GB.

There's a HUGE % of the population there Zig........ :wink:

mmmdk
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
No friggin way; not even the green'n'gold...well maybe in the year 2525.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM

Hey, haven't seen you forever! How the hell are ya?

Bossman641
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM

How many pairs of shorts do you think Paco has ruined today?

mmmdk
08-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Hey, haven't seen you forever! How the hell are ya?

Congrats on your new free agent :wink: I'm really good; been to Italy with my family & plan to go to Lambeau in 2010 for my third trip. I went away from PR when the BF debacle got the better of me....and guess what; BF returned as I did. Won't be a problem though.

packerbacker1234
08-19-2009, 05:03 AM
To be honest, even though it's purple: He is one of my favorite players in the nfl. I'll get it. It's just like when I got Lebron's jersey: That doesn't mean when Lebron comes to town I want him and his team to win. It simply means I like the player. I like adrian peterson too, but not as much as Favre for obvious reasons.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM

dayum

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=18297

lmao...

man, watchn vids of him with the purple helmet on is surreal....WOW

Lurker64
08-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I think I would rather tear out my tongue with a rusty screwdriver than buy any player's jersey in purple.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM

did paco get banned for life?

Merlin
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I can't bring myself to by a Purple or White/Purple jersey. If they are selling the red practice one, I may get that one, or "if" and that's a big "if" he goes to the pro-bowl, I might get a replica of that. At least he didn't complain about Applebee's, and out of most former Packers, he had a right to since it was competition for his steak house.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 01:58 AM
looks like it will end up the number 1 seller; back orders every where

th87
08-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Anyone putting on a Vikings jersey doesn't take the Packers that seriously.

That's what it boils down to with the pro-Favre vs. anti-Favre folk. One group takes football as an extremely serious thing with heavy emotional investment, and the other takes it as just entertainment and having casual fun. Conflicts stem from arguing which way is right.

Tarlam!
08-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I think an interesting question is what will the fan reaction at Lambeau be when Purple #4 jerseys invade Green Bay for the game against The Pack.

Also interesting will be to see how many old #4 jerseys will be worn the day Favre rides into town.

Will he be booed by the fans? The whole game?

And how often will the TV cameras pan up to see TT's face during the game?

Sorry if the final 2 questions are off topic, but I believe this post is in line with Joe, the non-Mexican's announcement.

PS: I am one of the "I will still wear my old jersey" voters, 1. because it was damned expensive 2. because I am in Germany, and only very few people know anything about here anyways.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Anyone putting on a Vikings jersey doesn't take the Packers that seriously.

That's what it boils down to with the pro-Favre vs. anti-Favre folk. One group takes football as an extremely serious thing with heavy emotional investment, and the other takes it as just entertainment and having casual fun. Conflicts stem from arguing which way is right.

good point Th...and i understand both sides b/c i could NEVER see my self wearing anything purple and gold other than my fraternities colors

i wasnt as rooted in the packer mania and once i took into account that before the season when lord favre took majik's spot (along with my twin, according to some, sharpe) i had no loyalty to the packers despite growing up 45 mins from GB. i liked certain players throughout NFL

and once TT messed favre over i came full circle. ALOT of ppl became packer fans BECAUSE of favre and that whole lovely era. for me its nostalgia that im holding on to; favre represents those awesome times! man, i wana tear up....i was thinking that the NFL wouldnt be nearly as much a draw for me if favre stayed retired this season. id watch rodgers and the gang but wouldnt be interested in much more 'cept Vick da great's and other arbitrary player's highlights

now that favres back my anticipation of this season has sky rocketed; thus my "loyalty" to him (as much loyalty as one should hold for a complete stranger)

basically, ive experienced both sides; fanatic that would be upset for days on end after a packer loss and an individual that TRIES to view each game as mere ENTERTAINMENT. not sure its possible to be completely at this end of the specturm (cerebral), especially after years of being very emotionally invested (pack, celts, knicks). i gota say i do enjoy the outcome more if more invested but njoy the journey (game) more when i keep it in perspective

as far as pack v pack, i want favre to throw for 44 yrds and 4 td's but the pack win at the end of overtime (gonna be LOVELY to watch this and i wont want it to end!)

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Also interesting will be to see how many old #4 jerseys will be worn the day Favre rides into town.

thats an intriguing one T

mraynrand
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry if the final 2 questions are off topic, but I believe this post is in line with Joe, the non-Mexican's announcement.

"For those of you who take it upon yourselves to tell us all exactly how we should or shouldn't post about Brett Favre, please refrain"

Zool
08-21-2009, 09:32 AM
and once TT messed favre

Nope. He.....re....tired

Voluntarily

No gun to his head.

They went later just to make sure he really was retired and he said yes. They moved on. Revisionist history will not be had here.

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
and once TT messed favre

Nope. He.....re....tired

Voluntarily

No gun to his head.

They went later just to make sure he really was retired and he said yes. They moved on. Revisionist history will not be had here.

Don't let details get in the way of a good story Zool.

TT screwed Favre over bad. Now Favre is back for revenge and we should be behind him. :roll:

TT = bad
Favre = god

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM
LMAO....

im certainly not trying to rehash THAT argument...i jus HAD to throw that in my lil schpell... :wink:

Zool
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
As Mr Nick (the samurai) Barnett so accurately stated a couple months back

"if you ain't with us, you against us"

MadtownPacker
08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
PS: I am one of the "I will still wear my old jersey" voters, 1. because it was damned expensive 2. because I am in Germany, and only very few people know anything about here anyways.Maricon.