PDA

View Full Version : BRETT FAVRE IS BACK

gex
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Wow!!!
What drama and excitement this season of NFL entertainment inc. will be if Favre does play for the Queens.

Ratings will be at all time highs as will revenue sharing. Fo sho the commish and powers that be will make this happen for our viewing pleasure :P .

SnakeLH2006
05-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Wow!!!
What drama and excitement this season of NFL entertainment inc. will be if Favre does play for the Queens.

Ratings will be at all time highs as will revenue sharing. Fo sho the commish and powers that be will make this happen for our viewing pleasure :P .

Gex you are brave as all shit for your allegience to Brett, but will get pwned HARDCORE at this topic but agree Favre with Vikes is a MF HUGE fucking money maker for the Networks, FOX, etc. HUGE. Not to mention ESPN with TV and online. HUGE!!! Goodell is pissing his pants.....right now. Confirmed, yes Roger is pissing his pants.

Then again, be prepared as you will be named an "assclown" and "retarded" by two posters for sure. Can you guess who that will be?

BBK and Smartial rhyme with what Snake is thinking. Good luck with this topic tho Gex. You are truly on your own with this brave and fucked up topic and.....yeah just fucked. 8-) :shock:

Alas though, Snake just slithered back in to say....Yes, that IS TV! Gotta Watch. I might just get DirecTV just to see the games of the VikeQueens. Kinda like a car crash. Really, really, fucked up, but still wanna watch....and oh the drama. Good TV.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 05:50 AM
I know some posters don't like all these separate threads...but as I scrolled through the "Brett Favre/Vikings" threads (about three or four), I saw that one turned into two or three posters just ripping one another, another thread became the "was it Aaron Rodgers's fault that the Packers' record sucked last year" thread, and another became the "songs about love from the 80's" thread. Therefore, I was trying to find a thread that was about Favre coming back. This one is pretty new and so seems closest to the topic - so here I am.

Here's a quote from an article in the JSO this morning on one possibility regarding Favre's arm injury: "It's a painful injury but a player can play with it. Or Favre could still opt to have arthroscopic surgery, which could have him healthy by the time training camp opens in late July."

The article had mentioned earlier that Minnesota would want Favre at the mandatory mini-camp sessions opening at the end of May. This, of course, could be an issue if it is true one of Favre's reasons for retiring was that he was tired of the off season team workouts. If you go with the Super-Evil-Brett-Favre point of view (it's all about revenge and only revenge), you could see that one way for Favre to be able to come back yet still avoid most of the off-season training would be for him to opt for the arthroscopic surgery.

I was really trying to not say too much about a Favre comeback - I definitely pointed out the "At this time" folly of Favre's release, but I tried not to make much judgement - but if in fact Favre comes back - again - I will be less inclined to think favorably of the guy.

Hey, come back if you still want to play. Okay. But the Favre camp - IF this does happen - will be smelling more and more deceitful, mean, and manipulative than it did before, cuz if those Jets sources in the JSO article are to be believed, this has little or nothing to do with a love of the game, not ready for retirement, etc, and everything to do with trying to somehow punish Ted Thompson.

So - I hope Favre does not come back. Yes, it'd be great T.V. and if he comes backl I would hope that the Packers would sack him, intercept him, everything. And it'd be great for ticket sales in Minny. But it would ultimately be - to me - sad. Even if the guy plays well and gets the team to the Super Bowl. Now, Ras wouldn't be sad, but hey, that's his team. Why would he be? But me, I'd feel bad.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 07:45 AM
I know some posters don't like all these separate threads...but as I scrolled through the "Brett Favre/Vikings" threads (about three or four), I saw that one turned into two or three posters just ripping one another, another thread became the "was it Aaron Rodgers's fault that the Packers' record sucked last year" thread, and another became the "songs about love from the 80's" thread. Therefore, I was trying to find a thread that was about Favre coming back. This one is pretty new and so seems closest to the topic - so here I am.

Here's a quote from an article in the JSO this morning on one possibility regarding Favre's arm injury: "It's a painful injury but a player can play with it. Or Favre could still opt to have arthroscopic surgery, which could have him healthy by the time training camp opens in late July."

The article had mentioned earlier that Minnesota would want Favre at the mandatory mini-camp sessions opening at the end of May. This, of course, could be an issue if it is true one of Favre's reasons for retiring was that he was tired of the off season team workouts. If you go with the Super-Evil-Brett-Favre point of view (it's all about revenge and only revenge), you could see that one way for Favre to be able to come back yet still avoid most of the off-season training would be for him to opt for the arthroscopic surgery.

I was really trying to not say too much about a Favre comeback - I definitely pointed out the "At this time" folly of Favre's release, but I tried not to make much judgement - but if in fact Favre comes back - again - I will be less inclined to think favorably of the guy.

Hey, come back if you still want to play. Okay. But the Favre camp - IF this does happen - will be smelling more and more deceitful, mean, and manipulative than it did before, cuz if those Jets sources in the JSO article are to be believed, this has little or nothing to do with a love of the game, not ready for retirement, etc, and everything to do with trying to somehow punish Ted Thompson.

So - I hope Favre does not come back. Yes, it'd be great T.V. and if he comes backl I would hope that the Packers would sack him, intercept him, everything. And it'd be great for ticket sales in Minny. But it would ultimately be - to me - sad. Even if the guy plays well and gets the team to the Super Bowl. Now, Ras wouldn't be sad, but hey, that's his team. Why would he be? But me, I'd feel bad.Well said. also, if Brett thinks beating the Packers will punish Ted Thompson, he is a bigger idiot than I thought. Ted Thomson is worrying about the Green Bay Packers and doing the best job he can, not a bitter old man.

sheepshead
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Join the group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=98891539917&ref=nf

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Join the group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=98891539917&ref=nf

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's awesome. Pointless, but awesome.

Sparkey
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
If he comes back, good for him. Do I want him to play well ? Hell no! But only because if he plays well, then the Vikings are playing well and i have a true disdain for the Queens.....

What annoys me more than anything, is the lame media attempts at irritating a pimple, so to speak. Last night on ESPN, they were contemplating what Gb or NY think about all this.

Of course, the idiot speculates that NY does not care (which is correct) but that the powers that be in GB must be irate ? Why ? The only reason for anyone in GB to be pissed is that now have to answer dumb sports reports who ask them about a player that doesn't play for them.........

As far as my personal thoughts, Favre has shown himself to be a good football player who doesn't know when to hang it up. Honestly, playing for any reason other than the love of the game its self is the wrong reason.

Packnut
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
In all honesty, we have a lot more serious concerns then what Favre is doing this fall.

1-Offensive line. Question marks all over the place. Going into a season not knowing who is playing where is a recipe for disaster. We need continuity.

2- Running game. Which Grant shows up this season?

3-TE's. Will McCarthy finally incorporate them into our passing game? Will Finley take the next step up?

4a-Will MM take the next step up and stop choking on his play-calling in key parts of the game?

4b- Will Rodgers be at a point where he can audible out of bad play-calls? Or does MM still have him on a leash?

5-Defense. Loved our draft. However, we all know from history that rookies rarely contribute. I'm scared to death that the new 3-4 is going to go through some serious growing pains and most of you take it for granted that this is a top 10 D with not one damn logical thing to back up that opinion.

6-KICKING GAME. We're going into a season with no clue who the punter is. Crosby choked in some critical moments last season so the jury is still out on him. Thompson still has no clue how valuable special teams are as he continues to treat them like a non-factor.

I don't know, may-be it's just me, but it would seem like what Favre does or does'nt do is'nt all that important in the grand scheme of things. We have enough to worry about with the Green Bay Packers...........

Harlan Huckleby
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
The NFL management has to be on their knees praying that Favre comes back. Think of the ratings for the Packer-MN monday night game! As long as Favre can still spin the magic, even if just in spurts, it will be good for the Vikings and the NFL, and for us fans IMO.

GrnBay007
05-06-2009, 08:34 AM
the powers that be in GB must be irate ? Why ? The only reason for anyone in GB to be pissed is that now have to answer dumb sports reports who ask them about a player that doesn't play for them.........

True.
But then why are so many so angry here at PR? ...personal injury, booing?
I don't think any reporters asked questions in here? :D

Zool
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
the powers that be in GB must be irate ? Why ? The only reason for anyone in GB to be pissed is that now have to answer dumb sports reports who ask them about a player that doesn't play for them.........

True.
I don't think any reporters asked questions in here? :D

Same reason you get all up in arms when someone says negative things about Favre I spose.

Harlan Huckleby
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM

If Ted Thompson were inducted into the Green Bay Hall of Fame, walked onto Lambeau Field next September to accept award, what would you think of the people who booed?

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
If Ted Thompson were inducted into the Green Bay Hall of Fame, walked onto Lambeau Field next September to accept award, what would you think of the people who booed?

Booing Ted? I'd go up to him and introduce myself.

I'd say - hi Tank, it's me - Scott Campbell.

retailguy
05-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I'd say - hi Tank, it's me - Scott Campbell.

Now THIS is funny. :lol:

sheepshead
05-06-2009, 09:10 AM
In all honesty, we have a lot more serious concerns then what Favre is doing this fall.

1-Offensive line. Question marks all over the place. Going into a season not knowing who is playing where is a recipe for disaster. We need continuity.

3-TE's. Will McCarthy finally incorporate them into our passing game? Will Finley take the next step up?

4a-Will MM take the next step up and stop choking on his play-calling in key parts of the game?

4b- Will Rodgers be at a point where he can audible out of bad play-calls? Or does MM still have him on a leash?

5-Defense. Loved our draft. However, we all know from history that rookies rarely contribute. I'm scared to death that the new 3-4 is going to go through some serious growing pains and most of you take it for granted that this is a top 10 D with not one damn logical thing to back up that opinion.

6-KICKING GAME. We're going into a season with no clue who the punter is. Crosby choked in some critical moments last season so the jury is still out on him. Thompson still has no clue how valuable special teams are as he continues to treat them like a non-factor.

I don't know, may-be it's just me, but it would seem like what Favre does or does'nt do is'nt all that important in the grand scheme of things. We have enough to worry about with the Green Bay Packers...........

Couldn't agree more. We can only control what we can control. I might shuffle the order a bit. Nice post.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM

Booing Ted? I'd go up to him and introduce myself.

I'd say - hi Tank, it's me - Scott Campbell.Damn you are on a roll! :lol:

Fritz
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
The NFL management has to be on their knees praying that Favre comes back. Think of the ratings for the Packer-MN monday night game! As long as Favre can still spin the magic, even if just in spurts, it will be good for the Vikings and the NFL, and for us fans IMO.

Actually, from a stirctly ratings/good for the NFL point of view, after the ideal scenario - Favre comes back, plays great, leads the Vikes to the SB - the almost-worst scenario - Favre comes back, plays badly, Vikes kinda in the thick of it, some more drama - would also play well. Many people enjoy a train wreck.

So I agree that the NFL is hoping he comes back. For me, I've already said I hope he does not, and here's another reason: The announcers of the games on TV, over the years, have focused less and less on the games themselves and more and more on "storylines." If Favre comes back, this will go on and on and on everytime he's on TV with the Vikes. It'll be tough to stomach. I will turn the sound down.

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I love the Juice behind this baby!!! Favre is gonna go out like John Elway baby!!!!

Favre is a stone cold motherfucker that is gonna cut your throat out. Look for me on the first with a really big bear looking motherfucker with a Favre Jersey in purple. I don't buy NFL Jeresies not my thing.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
I love the Juice behind this baby!!! Favre is gonna go out like John Elway baby!!!!

Favre is a stone cold motherfucker that is gonna cut your throat out. Look for me on the first with a really big bear looking motherfucker with a Favre Jersey in purple. I don't buy NFL Jeresies not my thing.

In my bizarre mind, this post got me thinking....what if Favre comes back, but the Vikings fizzle? But then, next offseason, the Bears trade Cutler for a great couple of defensive players and a wide receiver, and the Bears become a contender needing only a QB....in a really twisted way, it'd be funny if Favre came back - again - with the Bears. And then, after that fizzled, the Lions would have built up their roster, and Stafford would've flamed out, so all they'd need is a QB....

And then Thompson moves on. He's won a couple of Super Bowls in Green Bay, so he leaves and gets made part owner/GM of the Houston Texans. Brett Favre starts leafing through the Hattiesburg Gazette in the offseason, to see what division Houston is in, and if any of their rivals are close to the Super Bowl but are lacking a QB....

PackerBlues
05-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Great post Packnut. :)

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
just woke up and before i could wash cold out my eyes i thought thread title said brett favre is BLACK

i was like, dam this cat really can do anything: walk on water, revive two franchises, change races...

but unfrotunately its just another tired thread about that washed-up turncoat hick

only 22-10 won-loss record and pro bowl the past 2 seasons so whats the darn fuss ppl??

MadScientist
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Your spot on with your list, however there is not a lot to talk about when we are not even at the OTA's. When we start getting real Packer news, hopefully this Favre crap will quite down.

Favre is in the news now, so we are left to talk about the drama queen going to the Queens. The worst thing about Brett playing this year is that it will be another excuse for Korny to continually ramble about Brett Favre on every MNF game.

PackerBlues
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Did all of you really think that while Thompson was taking his own sweet time rebuilding the Packers, that the Bears and Vikings would just sit in limbo waiting for the Packers to improve?
Face it, the Vikings would have probably have gotten a veteran QB anyway. The fact that it might be Favre, is sad in so many ways, but what did any of you expect?
Thompson couldn't wait to chase Favre out of GB, he got what he wanted, and now, it looks like living with that decision might just become a little harder to swallow than anyone previously thought.

For those of you who have had the honor of watching Favre play in GB for 16 years, you should know how competitive he has always been. The emotion he always showed in his desire to win games is legendary.

How could anyone who has ever watched Brett Favre play, believe that pushing out a legend, would not carry concequences? If Brett does have it in for Thompson, who could really blame him? Is there any other way, or a better way, that anyone could think of for Favre to get back at Thompson? Hell, Thompson didn't even want to make it an open competition between Favre and Rogers.
Thompson didn't have to say out loud what his actions said for him...... he just didn't think Favre was good enough anymore. To add further insult to Favre, rather than just release him at that point, Thompson wanted to bansish Favre to the AFC, where he would never have to deal with him again. You can all defend Thompson by saying "yeah, but we got a draft pick by sending him to the Jets"............ but does that really wash? Especially after seeing Thompson go from picking the BPA, to drafting from need.

Just so we are clear, and to avoid the bashing that usually follows anything I post. I am rooting for the Packers! I still do not think the Vikings/Favre thing is really going to happen, and I still think that regardless as to weather or not it does happen, bashing Favre for wanting to get back at Thompson is disgusting and pathetic.

Thompson made his bed, now he has to lay in it(he is a grown man who can defend his own postion on all of this.....not that he would bother). If the Vikings go all the way, led by Favre, then perhaps you should all be upset with Thompson for pushing Favre out in the first place. If nothing else, it surely sets up questions about Thompson's ability to judge a players worth. (Moss anyone?) Thompson could have done things differently, the path he chose was not a popular one, and he knew that going into it. Let the chips fall where they may.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Your spot on with your list, however there is not a lot to talk about when we are not even at the OTA's. When we start getting real Packer news, hopefully this Favre crap will quite down.

Favre is in the news now, so we are left to talk about the drama queen going to the Queens. The worst thing about Brett playing this year is that it will be another excuse for Korny to continually ramble about Brett Favre on every MNF game.It won't quiet down. As ong as Mobb, Paco and Gex are here, I guarantee it won't.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Did all of you really think that while Thompson was taking his own sweet time rebuilding the Packers, that the Bears and Vikings would just sit in limbo waiting for the Packers to improve?
Face it, the Vikings would have probably have gotten a veteran QB anyway. The fact that it might be Favre, is sad in so many ways, but what did any of you expect?
Thompson couldn't wait to chase Favre out of GB, he got what he wanted, and now, it looks like living with that decision might just become a little harder to swallow than anyone previously thought.

For those of you who have had the honor of watching Favre play in GB for 16 years, you should know how competitive he has always been. The emotion he always showed in his desire to win games is legendary.

How could anyone who has ever watched Brett Favre play, believe that pushing out a legend, would not carry concequences? If Brett does have it in for Thompson, who could really blame him? Is there any other way, or a better way, that anyone could think of for Favre to get back at Thompson? Hell, Thompson didn't even want to make it an open competition between Favre and Rogers.
Thompson didn't have to say out loud what his actions said for him...... he just didn't think Favre was good enough anymore. To add further insult to Favre, rather than just release him at that point, Thompson wanted to bansish Favre to the AFC, where he would never have to deal with him again. You can all defend Thompson by saying "yeah, but we got a draft pick by sending him to the Jets"............ but does that really wash? Especially after seeing Thompson go from picking the BPA, to drafting from need.

Just so we are clear, and to avoid the bashing that usually follows anything I post. I am rooting for the Packers! I still do not think the Vikings/Favre thing is really going to happen, and I still think that regardless as to weather or not it does happen, bashing Favre for wanting to get back at Thompson is disgusting and pathetic.

Thompson made his bed, now he has to lay in it(he is a grown man who can defend his own postion on all of this.....not that he would bother). If the Vikings go all the way, led by Favre, then perhaps you should all be upset with Thompson for pushing Favre out in the first place. If nothing else, it surely sets up questions about Thompson's ability to judge a players worth. (Moss anyone?) Thompson could have done things differently, the path he chose was not a popular one, and he knew that going into it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Again with the pushing out BS. If by some miracle FAvre wins the SB with Favre, I will not be upset with TT in the slightest. I am very happy with Aaron Rodgers as the QB .

If he had kept Favre, Rodgers bolts, and then Favre retires you would be bitching up s storm becuase TT has nothing at QB.. TT would be in a hell of a worse position if he went that way.

Packnut
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Favre is in the news now, so we are left to talk about the drama queen going to the Queens. The worst thing about Brett playing this year is that it will be another excuse for Korny to continually ramble about Brett Favre on every MNF game.

Well, I see it kind of different. My point is there are plenty of worries about our team. The Favre stuff is just an excuse for football ignorant people like SC and Cpk to take their usual childish shots at Favre. They took those same shots in 06 and then he made them look like idiots in 07 so now it's time for the kiddies to rip on Favre.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 10:49 AM

Well, I see it kind of different. My point is there are plenty of worries about our team. The Favre stuff is just an excuse for football ignorant people like SC and Cpk to take their usual childish shots at Favre. They took those same shots in 06 and then he made them look like idiots in 07 so now it's time for the kiddies to rip on Favre.

1. Actually, you will note that I haven't taken any shots at Favre and have been very civil about him, save a couple of jokes. In fact in one of these threads I said, "If Favre wants to go to Minnesota, let him."

2. He didn't make me look like an idiot in 2007 becuase I took issue with his indecision about coming back, not his play. My issue with Favre is not his play. It never has been. It's about the off the field stuff and his unprofessional behavior.

Again I'll reiterate that if Favre wants to go to Minnesota, fine. Aaron Rodgers is the QB of the Green Bay Packers, no matter what Favre does. The Green Bay Packers are the same team, no matter what Favre does.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Is there any other way, or a better way, that anyone could think of for Favre to get back at Thompson?

I'm really struggling to think of anything.............well, except:

1) He could mock Ted in a nationally broadcasted interview by Greta Van Stusteren.
2) He could call Matt Millen the week before the Detroit game to give them game plan pointers.
3) He could mock Ted's communication skills when talking about how great Mike Tannenbaum is.
4) He could throw a big hissy fit and become a major distraction for the team.
5) He could text message Mort that he was coming back while telling all the other media that there is nothing to those "rumors".
6) He could publicly mock Ted's offer of his old locker.
7) He could let people think that the Packers tried to bribe him to stay retired.
9) He could call Darrell Bevell and the Vikings and try to broker a deal while still under contract to the Packers.
10) He could instruct family members like his mother to make disparaging comments about the organization.
11) He could continue making disparaging comments about the team even after being traded to NY.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
The Favre stuff is just an excuse for football ignorant people like SC and Cpk to take their usual childish shots at Favre. They took those same shots in 06 and then he made them look like idiots in 07 so now it's time for the kiddies to rip on Favre.

Source? I don't remember taking any childish shots at Favre in 06.

Perhaps it was the same source that had Justin Harrell as an underclassman. Funny how you just sort of disappeared in that thread.

:lol:

There are two rules you do not dismiss as a GM. You can get lucky ignoring one or the other but Teddy violated both. He drafted an under-clasman and he drafted an injury riddled player going back to HS.

Adrian Peterson

Justin was not an underclassman, sorry.

Your boy Reggie was. Collins is better than Reggie anyway and the exact same type of player.

Not only was Harrell not an underclassman, he was a 5th year senior having redshirted his first year college and having played four seasons thereafter.

Good times............... :lol:

gbgary
05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

PackerBlues
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Is there any other way, or a better way, that anyone could think of for Favre to get back at Thompson?

1) He could mock Ted in a nationally broadcasted interview by Greta Van Stusteren.
2) He could call Matt Millen the week before the Detroit game to give them game plan pointers.
3) He could mock Ted's communication skills when talking about how great Mike Tannenbaum is.
5) He could text message Mort that he was coming back while telling all the other media that there is nothing to those "rumors".
7) He could let people think that the Packers tried to bribe him to stay retired.
9) He could call Darrell Bevell and the Vikings and try to broker a deal while still under contract to the Packers.
10) He could instruct family members like his mother to make disparaging comments about the organization.
11) He could continue making disparaging comments about the team even after being traded to NY.

hmmmm. those would all seem to be ways to get back at Ted......but not better. Poor Ted. Fucked with a bull, now he is gettin the horns.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Poor Ted. Fucked with a bull, now he is gettin the horns.

Pffft. Don't feel bad for Ted. I really doubt he cares. Rodgers play kept him out of trouble on this issue.

Feel bad for the fans that Brett betrayed out of his petty thirst for revenge.

RashanGary
05-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Something tells me Ted will come out of this thing on top. Don't know why, things just always seem to fall right for that guy.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Something tells me Ted will come out of this thing on top. Don't know why, things just always seem to fall right for that guy.

I think Ted's already won on this issue. But it means little if the team goes 6-10 again. They have to get better, or Ted goes right back on the hot seat - despite being right about when to cut the cord with Favre.

mission
05-06-2009, 02:11 PM
This interview on ESPN right now.. dated Feb 13th with Favre...

I've never seen this, I really can't believe what I'm hearing... his ego, his sensitivity, his need to ramble... jesus, who the fuck does this? How many greats have gone out with dignity?

I'm really amazed at this interview !!

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 02:36 PM

Is there a circumstance where Brett doesn't have to get back at Ted at all? One where all parties involved could just let bygones be bygones, and neither side is seeking revenge? This circumstance is the one I'd prefer most of all. I would hope it's at least a possibility.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM

hmmmm. those would all seem to be ways to get back at Ted......but not better. Poor Ted. Fucked with a bull, now he is gettin the horns.How? Ted did his job in making sure he and the Packers didn't make a rival better. Now he doesn't give a shit. I'd say that he is getting ready for the season and is very happy about his draft.

mission
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Is there a circumstance where Brett doesn't have to get back at Ted at all? One where all parties involved could just let bygones be bygones, and neither side is seeking revenge? This circumstance is the one I'd prefer most of all. I would hope it's at least a possibility.

Yeah, I was thinking two grown men could leave the revengeful ex-girlfriend approach out of it.

I know it exists, I have ex-girlfriends, they say they have their reasons and maybe they do ... but it's just funny how little I give a fuck and how much they do.

Guys are guys. Or at least supposed to be ... cool as the other side of the pillow. Not crying on TV because some stupid little shit happened.

Maybe this is Favre's version of banging someone new to get over the breakup... who knows?

It's just strange and really not a tough guy approach to take. I never thought Favre had all this in him. This isn't the player I loved... had I'a known all this ??

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM

I think Ted's already won on this issue. But it means little if the team goes 6-10 again. They have to get better, or Ted goes right back on the hot seat - despite being right about when to cut the cord with Favre.Exactly. Ted's concern is the Green Bay Packers. He doesn't give a damn about what Favre does or doesn't do anymore.

Fritz
05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
If Brett Favre comes back and leads the Vikings to the SB, I will not think that Thompson shoulda/coulda with Favre. I will not change my mind and think, "Geez, if only we still had Brett Favre."

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Guys are guys. Or at least supposed to be ... cool as the other side of the pillow. Not crying on TV because some stupid little shit happened.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/yoda.jpg

mraynrand
05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
If Brett Favre comes back and leads the Vikings to the SB, I will not think that Thompson shoulda/coulda with Favre. I will not change my mind and think, "Geez, if only we still had Brett Favre."

You will be the only one. Especially if Favre were to have a very good year, like 2007 until his final half of football. Favre plays well and wins a Superbowl for the Vikings? Thompson will be lucky to keep his job. But I don't see it anywhere close to happening.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM

You will be the only one. Especially if Favre were to have a very good year, like 2007 until his final half of football. Favre plays well and wins a Superbowl for the Vikings? Thompson will be lucky to keep his job. But I don't see it anywhere close to happening.Murphy or the board wiull not fire TT if Brett wins a Super Bowl with the Vikes. Murphy would have to be the most incompetent team president in the league to do that. If TT gets fired it will be becuase Murphy and the board no longer feel TT is the man for the job based on TT's performance, not becuase of Favre's performance. Remember, both parties signed off on TT's decison re: Favre.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Is there a circumstance where Brett doesn't have to get back at Ted at all? One where all parties involved could just let bygones be bygones, and neither side is seeking revenge? This circumstance is the one I'd prefer most of all. I would hope it's at least a possibility.Favre is the one with a problem, not Ted. It's up to Favre.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM

You will be the only one. Especially if Favre were to have a very good year, like 2007 until his final half of football. Favre plays well and wins a Superbowl for the Vikings? Thompson will be lucky to keep his job. But I don't see it anywhere close to happening.

I respectfully disagree. It'll always be an issue with the fans. But it can't be an issue for the organization. They've moved on. Ted will get judged on his own merit - not Favre's. IMO

mission
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I respectfully disagree. It'll always be an issue with the fans. But it can't be an issue for the organization. They've moved on. Ted will get judged on his own merit - not Favre's. IMO

And Fritz won't be 'the only one' that's for sure... either way, I'm good. I'm a Packer fan and 100% behind how we've handled the situation.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM

And Fritz won't be 'the only one' that's for sure... either way, I'm good. I'm a Packer fan andI'm with Fritz too.

RashanGary
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know how Ted's feeling, but I'd be pissed if that jerk got the best of us. I'm really hoping to win the division, stomp him out and take him down. For some reason I'd really enjoy that.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

I've never seen this, I really can't believe what I'm hearing... his ego, his sensitivity, his need to ramble... jesus, who the fuck does this? How many greats have gone out with dignity?

FYI: in said interview he admits that HE was at fault as well as packer brass

u never hear favre's detractors mention this tho huh?!

wonder y........

mraynrand
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't know how Ted's feeling, but I'd be pissed if that jerk got the best of us. I'm really hoping to win the division, stomp him out and take him down. For some reason I'd really enjoy that.

I agree. If he plays for the Vikes to spite the organization, I want the crap beaten out of him in the worst way possible. I want Deanna weeping as they drag his 265 pound fat ass off the semi-natural turf of Lambeau Field. I want hard core loyalist Packer fans to pour beer and other assorted items on his unconscious body (without reviving him of course) as they casually cart him to the unheated visitor's locker room. I hope he tumbles off the cart onto hard concrete at least once on the way out.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
that feb 13 interview is actually pretty awesome

mission
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM

wonder y........

Because it doesn't fuckin matter, that's why.

It's easy to say you messed up after the fact. What's done is done and he still chose to go about it how he did. Just cuz on Feb 13 he admitted HE was at fault doesn't change anything.

And adding "as well as Packer brass" or however he worded it is definitely a half assed admittance and one that means jack shit, really.

If the Packers had to do it all over again, they would do the exact same thing.

mission
05-06-2009, 03:25 PM

Yeah, if you have a Favre poster above your bed.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 03:25 PM

wonder y........Yet he is still bitching and moaning. Kind of hard to accept that when he can't let the situation go.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Yeah, if you have a Favre poster above your bed.

he he....probably right

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Is there a circumstance where Brett doesn't have to get back at Ted at all? One where all parties involved could just let bygones be bygones, and neither side is seeking revenge? This circumstance is the one I'd prefer most of all. I would hope it's at least a possibility.Favre is the one with a problem, not Ted. It's up to Favre.

Where did I imply that Ted is the one with a problem?

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 04:11 PM

Where did I imply that Ted is the one with a problem?I know it wasn't intentional but when you say "all parties involved" and "neither side is seeking revenge" it kinda of comes off that way. I know you didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to be clear.

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Where did I imply that Ted is the one with a problem?I know it wasn't intentional but when you say "all parties involved" and "neither side is seeking revenge" it kinda of comes off that way. I know you didn't mean it that way, I just wanted to be clear.

I'm trying not to single anybody out in the deal anymore. I want both parties to drop it. If one has already, great. But again, I'm not singling anyone out. If Favre lets this go, then both have let it go. That's the point I was getting at, without naming names. Because naming names and taking a solid stance on this issue - one that doesn't matter in the least anyway - only starts arguments. It creates that line drawn in the sand that everybody will stand on one side or the other of. And then the battle begins. I don't want any part of that. So it's nobody's fault, it's everybody's fault, and once everybody lets it go Packer Nation will be a happier place to be.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
So it's nobody's fault, it's everybody's fault, and once everybody lets it go Packer Nation will be a happier place to be.

Any resolution that doesn't include some sort of blood atonement will leave me largely unsatisfied.

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
So it's nobody's fault, it's everybody's fault, and once everybody lets it go Packer Nation will be a happier place to be.

Any resolution that doesn't include some sort of blood atonement will leave me largely unsatisfied.Then go shoot Ted's dog. If Ted doesn't have a dog, buy one, put it on his front lawn and shoot that. Then you will have your blood atonement.

GrnBay007
05-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Do you want the truth?

I'd be embarrassed.
I was at the Monday night Packer/Titan game Oct. 2004 when the Titan blew the Packers away, 48-27. There was a lot of booing from Packer fans and that was seriously the first time I had experienced that......and I felt embarrassed that Packers fans were doing that. I understand fans get caught up in the moment and all, but I just personally feel booing is classless. (keep in mind...that's just my opinion and you won't find me doing it) With your example of TT....you get the same result/message sent from simply not applauding.

digitaldean
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
wonder y........

In that VERY SAME interview, Ed Werder asked Favre if he could UNEQUIVICALLY state that he is done with football. Favre answers that he is.

Isn't that kind of a TINY detail to be missing from your analysis?

Waldo
05-06-2009, 11:15 PM
The newspaper, citing NFL sources, said Favre is agreeable to undergoing a minor procedure in which surgeons complete the cutting of the tendon. According to the newspaper, the recovery time would be quick, and Favre would be ready for training camp.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/44504992.html

Good lord.

I'm glad he's going to Mn. He doesn't have a deep postseason run left in him, and he assures they won't have the pick for a good QB next year in the draft.

Win-win.

Partial
05-06-2009, 11:19 PM
What do they mean by cutting the tendon? That doesn't sound good at all.

th87
05-06-2009, 11:34 PM

hmmmm. those would all seem to be ways to get back at Ted......but not better. Poor Ted. Fucked with a bull, now he is gettin the horns.

Right on. Damn that Ted Thompson for putting a gun up to a grown man's head and making him retire.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
wonder y........

In that VERY SAME interview, Ed Werder asked Favre if he could UNEQUIVICALLY state that he is done with football. Favre answers that he is.

Isn't that kind of a TINY detail to be missing from your analysis?

are u sayn he's a waffler? breakn news

mraynrand
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
What do they mean by cutting the tendon? That doesn't sound good at all.

http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/shoulder/shoulder_biceps_rupture/shoulder_biceps_rupture_anat03.jpg

Favre probably only tore one of the proximal tendons - likely the long head. They'll snip the rest and then he'll have the remaining tendon keeping the bicep attached to the shoulder. Even if they were to repair the tear, it's not a complete restoration, because they usually just reattach the torn tendon to the top of the humerus mostly for cosmetic appearance. You might restore some supination, but that's about it. Just retire, willya?

RashanGary
05-07-2009, 07:09 AM

Do you want the truth?

I'd be embarrassed.

I agree with this. It bothers me when fans boo the home team. These guys (players and front office alike) are giving their very best. Booing them just seems very selfish and mean spirited.

Now, booing the opponent or booing the refs, I'm OK with that. Favre is not a Packer. He's a Viking (if everything pans out). Booing him is the right thing for any Packer fan to do :) :) We have to make noise when he's on the field with the Viking offense.. Boos seem like the best way to go.

sheepshead
05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Permanant Link For Entry #1333
Childress, Favre could reach quick deal
Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune report one key topic that coach Brad Childress and Brett Favre will discuss will be the condition of the partially torn biceps in Favre's throwing arm that derailed his only season as a member of the New York Jets. But a resolution to that situation appears close -- and the sides could reach a deal quickly.

Favre, according to NFL sources, is agreeable to undergoing a minor procedure in which surgeons complete the cutting of the tendon. The recovery period would be quick, and Favre would be ready to go long before training camp.

Indications are Favre is as anxious to join the Vikings as Childress is to have him running an offense that includes Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson and wide receivers Bernard Berrian and Percy Harvin.

sheepshead
05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
For the Minnesota Vikings to sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre, it might take a two-year contract rather than a one-year deal, and that would have to be loaded with contingencies and incentives.

Best guess is Farve, who will turn 40 in October, gets an offer of about $12 million over two seasons, with maybe just $2 million fully guaranteed. A second year probably would end up being for cosmetic purposes, but could contain accelerators providing the future hall of famer with a large bonus if he's on the roster next March.

Any contract would seem to be dependent on Farve, who has had a biceps tendon injury, being on the active opening-day roster. A $7 million deal for this year would seem reasonable, assuming he's healthy.

run pMc
05-07-2009, 09:43 AM
It bothers me when fans boo the home team. These guys (players and front office alike) are giving their very best. Booing them just seems very selfish and mean spirited.

Now, booing the opponent or booing the refs, I'm OK with that.

True. Booing the team you came to cheer feels...hypocritical.

As for Favre's tendon getting cut, I wonder if that will affect him much? What does this do in terms of velocity & accuracy of throws, and in avoiding reinjury? He's 40 and his mechanics were unusual anyway. Anyone know more about this? (Thanks for the visual, mraynrand.) 'Enemy' or not, it's disgusting to see anyone blow out their arm.

Other thoughts:
( http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/44422517.html )

Favre compiled a passer rating of 81.0 last year. (Tarvaris Jackson's, for the sake of comparison, was 95.4.)

In three of his past four seasons, Favre has failed to throw more for touchdowns than interceptions. He threw 22 of each last season while playing for a pretty good team

I'm wondering about his motivations for coming back...it isn't the money. Is it really revenge? If that's the case, what's he going to do once he's past Week 8 and played GB twice? The emotional comedown is going to be hard for him to shake off.

The football gods will not be kind to someone playing out of spite and not love for the game. Favre and the Vikings -- who are trying to avoid blackouts and win votes for a new stadium -- are playing with fire.

Sigh, after several years of "will he or won't he retire" drama, I'm really just tired.

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2009, 09:50 AM
"Favre, according to NFL sources, is willing to undergo a minor surgery to cut the tendon, which would allow the tendon to heal so Favre could be ready well before training camp opens in late July. He could also opt to let the tendon heal on its own, but by having the procedure, he could miss part of the Vikings’ organized team activity practices and May 29-31 mandatory minicamp. It’s no secret Favre does not enjoy OTAs or minicamps."

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers//450211

I didn't realize the Vikings were willing to let him report late. The story changes.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
will he pas physical tho?

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
will he pas physical tho?

Did you bump a bunch of f'ckin threads ? I'm very down the middle on this issue but if you are bumping Favre thread after thread I'd kindly request that you stop the bullshit

GrnBay007
08-18-2009, 06:40 PM
B, with all due respect, Mobb bumped a few, but if you look at all of them more were started by others today/last night.

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 06:47 PM
B, with all due respect, Mobb bumped a few, but if you look at all of them more were started by others today/last night.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm getting caught up from a day of work and I see thread after thread after thread bumped by Mobb that have little value to anything around here. I'm fine discussing Favre; I'm probably one of the few who is kosher with seeing him back and feel it's a great day for the game of football. But the irrelevant thread bumping is bullshit and imagine what the people think of it who "don't" care for Brett Favre

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm getting caught up from a day of work and I see thread after thread after thread bumped by Mobb that have little value to anything around here. I'm fine discussing Favre; I'm probably one of the few who is kosher with seeing him back and feel it's a great day for the game of football. But the irrelevant thread bumping is bullshit and imagine what the people think of it who "don't" care for Brett Favre

There are way too many of these threads going on. I think people got carried away and went back to drag up the past. Couldn't let it go. I missed most of those threads and there's no way in hell I'm reading them now!

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
But are we going to the Hawk & Dove to watch some of this? I wanna get a group together.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 07:00 PM
B, with all due respect, Mobb bumped a few dozen, but if you look at all of them more were started by others today/last night.

Fixed.

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
But are we going to the Hawk & Dove to watch some of this? I wanna get a group together.

Yeah - haven't looked to see if any of the preseason games are on national tv yet. Where is that joint again?

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Capitol Hill, 329 Penn. Near the Capitol South metro station. Not sure if I'll be there for the first game as I'm probably going to see the Ravens during the day.

gex
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM

I was excited to hear the news today also, this season is gonna be must watch tv! I also want The Favre to put alot of his records out of reach of Manning(I am one of few who do not like him, mainly because he has knocked me outa many a fantasy football playoffs- till I drafted him last year and he was just mediocre LOL :cry: )

The NFC NORIS is gonna be a battle for the ages :drma: :drma:

pbmax
08-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Norris gex, The Norris Division! :lol:

BEARMAN
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

In my bizarre mind, this post got me thinking....what if Favre comes back, but the Vikings fizzle? But then, next offseason, the Bears trade Cutler for a great couple of defensive players and a wide receiver, and the Bears become a contender needing only a QB....in a really twisted way, it'd be funny if Favre came back - again - with the Bears. And then, after that fizzled, the Lions would have built up their roster, and Stafford would've flamed out, so all they'd need is a QB....

And then Thompson moves on. He's won a couple of Super Bowls in Green Bay, so he leaves and gets made part owner/GM of the Houston Texans. Brett Favre starts leafing through the Hattiesburg Gazette in the offseason, to see what division Houston is in, and if any of their rivals are close to the Super Bowl but are lacking a QB....

FRITZ, ... Easy big guy, ease away from the cheese, just put it down and walk away ! :shock: You are scareing me here big fella, NO more cool - aid for you laddie ! :P Lord FaaaaaaaaaaarVe is gone, not to return to cheesehead land no more, you can handle it, with help, alot of mental help you can lead a semi normal life. :roll: MY GAWD PEOPLE, get over it (him) already ! :cry: Face your fears, Da BEARS are coming to your town and there is no farve to defend you ! :twisted:

gex
08-18-2009, 07:36 PM

Norris gex, The Norris Division! :lol:

Lol, I spelt it the first time with 2 s's, but I knew that was wrong. we really need a spellcheck button :D

MJZiggy
08-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Uhhhh. Bearman? Maybe you missed it, but Faver will be in Green Bay Nov. 1.

ThunderDan
08-18-2009, 08:11 PM

FRITZ, ... Easy big guy, ease away from the cheese, just put it down and walk away ! :shock: You are scareing me here big fella, NO more cool - aid for you laddie ! :P Lord FaaaaaaaaaaarVe is gone, not to return to cheesehead land no more, you can handle it, with help, alot of mental help you can lead a semi normal life. :roll: MY GAWD PEOPLE, get over it (him) already ! :cry: Face your fears, Da BEARS are coming to your town and there is no Favre to defend you ! :twisted:

Last time Chicago came to our town without Favre we won 37-3. The Bears couldn't do a f_-king thing right the whole game.

You do remember we didn't have Favre last year.

Gunakor
08-19-2009, 02:28 AM

FRITZ, ... Easy big guy, ease away from the cheese, just put it down and walk away ! :shock: You are scareing me here big fella, NO more cool - aid for you laddie ! :P Lord FaaaaaaaaaaarVe is gone, not to return to cheesehead land no more, you can handle it, with help, alot of mental help you can lead a semi normal life. :roll: MY GAWD PEOPLE, get over it (him) already ! :cry: Face your fears, Da BEARS are coming to your town and there is no Favre to defend you ! :twisted:

Last time Chicago came to our town without Favre we won 37-3. The Bears couldn't do a f_-king thing right the whole game.

You do remember we didn't have Favre last year.

Winner.

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Da BEARS are coming to your town and there is no Favre to defend you ! :twisted:

Great, looking forward to it! We have Aaron Rodgers, a returning potent offense, a defense that appears to be much improved.

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Capitol Hill, 329 Penn. Near the Capitol South metro station. Not sure if I'll be there for the first game as I'm probably going to see the Ravens during the day.

I'll probably catch most of the games at home. I paid for the NFL sunday ticket and enjoy firing up the grill. I work way too many hours, so it's nice to be home for a couple of minutes. Although, my hours will be decreasing as the season progresses! I wouldn't mind hitting a game or a HH with a bunch of the DC people. I'm in Old Town and also have heard that Rustico is pretty cool. Haven't been there yet though.

pbmax
08-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Call me crazy, but BEARMAN as the voice of reason is highly entertaining. :D

gex
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Da BEARS are coming to your town and there is no Favre to defend you ! :twisted:

Great, looking forward to it! We have Aaron Rodgers, a returning potent offense, a defense that appears to be much improved.

Spot on! 8-)