PDA

View Full Version : Levi Jones

Ballboy
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
One of the few players from the Bengles I would take, drafted in 2002 so he still have a few years left in him.....is he an up-grade over Clifton?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/bengals-cut-levi-jones/

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Better yet, can he play RT?

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
KY will know.

sheepshead
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I think we could find a place for him.

KYPack
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Levi Jones of 2006? Sign immediately. To play LT.

Jones is a smart guy who played like an old pro almost immediately. Quick feet and a feisty guy. Very similar player to Tausch. He's a "get in the way" kind of tackle who could hold his own against top competition. He's never played RT, he was drafted as an LT and has played there from jump street.

Lots of physical issues since '05, but really limited his effectiveness since the '07 season. He's had assorted leg (mainly knee miseries) trouble for a couple years.

He's also a grumpy sumbitch and kind of a club house lawyer.

Levi Jones of 2009?

1. Work him out and see if he's fit to play.
2. Interview him and interview him tough. Get in his head and see if he'll shut his mouth and play and figure out if he can take the whole grind.

Then make up your mind. I'd generally say no, but if he can go, you might look at him. If he's healthy, somebody will pick him up.

Guiness
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
without reading TFA, why was he cut? Salary escalators?
You don't cut a serviceable LT

DonHutson
05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
You don't cut a serviceable LT

I think that's probably your answer. They drafted a LT in front of many other needs, they decided to get rid of Jones when they could have just as easily let Andre Smith play RT for a year, then they weren't able to trade him for anything. And it sounds like he wasn't even making that much money.

Someone will take a shot on him I'm sure, but that's not the resume of a guy with a lot left to offer. Maybe if you keep ten OL and your #10 is Duke Preston, then Jones could be an upgrade. I certainly wouldn't expect him to be starting material over Clifton, though. Also, keeping older veterens at the bottom of the depth chart doesn't sound like Ted's M.O.

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 04:11 AM
One of the few players from the Bengles I would take, drafted in 2002 so he still have a few years left in him.....is he an up-grade over Clifton?

Yep. Snake knows fights and likes anyone who gambles in LV and throws down with not only Joey Porter's gangsta ass but 3 of his homies too..Get him. We need some fight with our pussy ass Offensive Lineman...Those dudes are pretty candy-ass. Where the hell is Frankie Winters nowadays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Mb-zF2ukY

Tyrone Bigguns
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Yep. Snake knows fights and likes anyone who gambles in LV and throws down with not only Joey Porter's gangsta ass but 3 of his homies too..Get him. We need some fight with our pussy ass Offensive Lineman...Those dudes are pretty candy-ass. Where the hell is Frankie Winters nowadays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Mb-zF2ukY

good thing you don't coach football.

Being a tough guy and being a good football player aren't one in the same.