PDA

View Full Version : BF-TO comparision

Pack-man
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Ha!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Brett-Favre-Terrell-Owens-comparison-chart?urn=nfl,161421

Partial
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
This is a really stupid article and its just being posted because its the popular thing to do.

Was Favre a cancer here? Was he ever forced out of the locker room? No. He retired. Then decided he wanted to come back. IMO, he should have been able to, but thats nor here nor there. He moved on, went to NY, and probably wasn't happy, so he did everything he could to get the chance to switch jobs. Lots of players hold out, etc which in the end has the same effect.

I really don't have a problem with this and don't understand why many people would. I have no qualms about anyone reaching out to obtain any employment. He's pretty old and banged up anyway. Not super worried about him on the Vikes.

Comparing him to an unstable, selfish locker room cancer who has forced himself off of 3 teams now is hardly valid.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
He retired. Then decided he wanted to come back.

For a moment I wasn't certain whether you were talking about 08 or 09.

mission
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Comparing him to an unstable, selfish locker room cancer who has forced himself off of 3 teams now is hardly valid.

Really? Seems pretty similar to me... I don't think TO ever woke up and said "I'm going to be a cancer today". He just did what he thought he needed to do, for himself, above the team. Like Brett.

It isn't far off at all... Favre's already forced himself off 2 teams, one more to go...

You're lying to yourself if you think that "article" is that far off.

RashanGary
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Good comparison.

Harlan Huckleby
05-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Favre was certainly unstable and selfish. The difference with him and TO is that Favre is also very personally appealling to many, so some fans didn't see or chose to ignore the unstable, selfish times.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Favre was certainly unstable and selfish. The difference with him and TO is that Favre is also very personally appealling to many, so some fans didn't see or chose to ignore the unstable, selfish times.

what he said...

Partial
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Has a need for the spotlight:

TO - does pushups and situps in his front yard for the media.
Favre - retires to Miss. every off-season and lays low from the media.

Desperately needs to be adored -

TO - did his whole suicide pr stunt thing
Favre - nothing except lots of quality charity work, etc.

Cries at press conferences -

TO - sure
Favre - At a retirement press conference.

Sense of value -

TO - don't know if he thinks this, but he is a game changer imo.
Favre - 3 times MVP, 2nd or 1st in MVP voting one fourth of the years with the Packers (that I know of, could have been another year). 1st ballet hall of famer at QB. Pretty important to team imo.

Costly mistakes -
TO - Such as?
Favre - Yeah, he does this. He's a quarterback. Lots of QBs do this.

The rest are just stupid. Does Favre's selfless, thankless charity work mean it's all about him? Has he ever shown anything less than the desire to win?

This article is pure crap. It doesn't back up any claims, it simply makes them. This is worse than a Bedard article.

Michael Jordan doesn't get near the guff that Favre does, yet basically did the same thing. Funny, how that works.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Was that a pun Partial? Good one!

swede
05-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Peter King could NEVER find Brett out there in Miss.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
This article is pure crap. It doesn't back up any claims, it simply makes them. This is worse than a Bedard article.

It could have been way worse. They laid off some of the easier cheap shots.

rbaloha1
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Both divas but go about it in different ways. TO=Paris Hilton, BF=???

Scott Campbell
05-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Diana Ross?
Naomi Campbell? (no relation)

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
lmao

swede
05-06-2009, 03:31 PM

Diana Ross?
Naomi Campbell? (no relation)

BF=Barbra Streisand

Tyrone Bigguns
05-06-2009, 08:40 PM

When you hide from the spotlight..it only makes people think about you more and wonder what is going on. Hide your new baby from the press...full on media hunt for pics. Show your baby right away, pics snapped...no media storm.

Desperately needs to be adored -

TO - did his whole suicide pr stunt thing
Favre - nothing except lots of quality charity work, etc.

Poor comparison on your part. If it was a suicide, that isn't a cry to be adored. Brett lives for the adulation...announcers, writers for the most part blow him.

Cries at press conferences -

TO - sure
Favre - At a retirement press conference.

You are now putting a judgement on when it is ok to cry. TO cried, brett cried.

Sense of value -

TO - don't know if he thinks this, but he is a game changer imo.
Favre - 3 times MVP, 2nd or 1st in MVP voting one fourth of the years with the Packers (that I know of, could have been another year). 1st ballet hall of famer at QB. Pretty important to team imo.

You can't even post accurately..Has an inflated sense of his own value to an NFL team

Indisputable

Costly mistakes -
TO - Such as?
Favre - Yeah, he does this. He's a quarterback. Lots of QBs do this.

Do you even watch the NFL. TO has dropped plenty of balls at critical times.

The rest are just stupid. Does Favre's selfless, thankless charity work mean it's all about him? Has he ever shown anything less than the desire to win?

Yes he has. Brett has avoided doing off season work as much as possible. He clearly in the past didn't work at maintaining fitness..so, he eventually did so. He was never great in the film room...and it clearly showed last year. Brett never wanted to be a studier.

Backing up claims is for disputed facts. Brett is a diva.

Michael Jordan doesn't get near the guff that Favre does, yet basically did the same thing. Funny, how that works.

You are comparing Jordan to Favre. LOL Favre on his best days never worked as hard on his game as jordan did. Jordan has how many more championships and MVPs than Favre. Jordan is considered the best player of all time. Brett isn't.

And, your revisionist history of jordan and the bulls needs some work.

PlantPage55
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Although I do think Brett is a diva and you know how I feel about the situation - I don't think the comparison is very apt.

Yes, I think Brett is getting a bigger break than TO would ever get from the media, but I don't think the comparison of them as people or players is a very strong one. They've caused some sort of controversy. Beyond that, I think it's pretty convenient to say that there's a comparison, when in reality it isn't as clever as the writer thinks it is.

Lurker64
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
In terms of Favre's selfless community service and charity work, I would have to say he gets a lot more credit for it from some people than some lesser known guys who did a lot more than he did (e.g. Rob Davis).

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I find it hilarious that Partial is getting his undies in a wad over an article that was written for laughs. :lol: :lol:

Fritz
05-07-2009, 06:37 AM

Good question. Let's see...not Lindsay Lohan....whom I think is a better TO comparison, by the way....hmmm Favre and.....Angelina Jolie, maybe? Jennifer Aniston? Charro? Zsa Zsa Gabor? Robert Downey Jr.?

I dunno.

Scott Campbell
05-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Excellent diva example Fritz.

Fritz
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Excellent diva example Fritz.

I, uh, only know about her cuz I've heard about her. I mean, it's not like I'm old enough to remember here or anything. Really.

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 04:06 AM
This is a really stupid article and its just being posted because its the popular thing to do.

Was Favre a cancer here? Was he ever forced out of the locker room? No. He retired. Then decided he wanted to come back. IMO, he should have been able to, but thats nor here nor there. He moved on, went to NY, and probably wasn't happy, so he did everything he could to get the chance to switch jobs. Lots of players hold out, etc which in the end has the same effect.

I really don't have a problem with this and don't understand why many people would. I have no qualms about anyone reaching out to obtain any employment. He's pretty old and banged up anyway. Not super worried about him on the Vikes.

Agreed.